Applied Imagination Employee Reviews

Love this place
HOSPICE CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 22, 2014
Wonderful environment, nice co-workers and management. team approach, very family focused.
This was a long time ago..
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ventura CANovember 19, 2014
Vitas was a great company at first. They became a very unethical company in my opinion. I felt that morally I needed to be elsewhere
Productive fast paced
Hospice Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 12, 2014
I admitted patients to the hospice programs and making sure they met the medicare gudelines for admission. I enjoyed this job very much. Long hours and trying to balance work and life became an issue. I loved being able to help the patients by starting the plan of care and getting everything in place so that the case manager could manage thier care.
Pros
working in hospice environment
Vitas cares about money
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2014
no advancement, work hard for nothing, if your are not a favorite, or you complain,, watch out, they will find a way to force you out. No raises, pay freeze, unless you are a favorite, then you get a raise. They say, admit everyone you can, find a reason, No o.t. allowed for Case Managers, Management will lie to your face, no honesty. I worked hard for Vitas for nothing. Telecare is a joke, pt and families wait on hold for over 20-30 min, the list of issues goes on, Oh yea, the worse health insurance ever, might as well not have any, or get it on your own. Every year gets worse and worse.
Pros
pto
Cons
treat employees poorly, dishonest, poor pay, no raises for years
Management discussed issues inappropiately
Team Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2014
Vitas has good compensation and benefits but job culture was too intense; basic tasks like copying required you to run and often no time for breaks. Management would also discuss employees with other employees.
Pros
good compensation and benefits
Cons
environment too intense
Permitted me to commit myself 100% to Milotary Veterans
Veteran Liaison (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHOctober 28, 2014
Worked in education military personnel and military veterans about hospice benefits as well as possible benefits they me be entitled to related to their time in the service
Pros
work independent
Cons
long hours affecting home life
Meaningful and Productive work
CERTIFIED NURSNG ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 26, 2014
I would travel to different patients homes and facilities, taking care of terminally ill patients with 6 months of life or less. I would drive anywhere from 50-200 miles a day, just depending on daily work and patient circumstances, tracking my records on a travel log. I would see anywhere from 5-8 patients a day. I learned that patient and family care is very important. That working in Hospice, as a caregiver and advocate, you are responsible for the family's well-being, along with the patient's. I am responsible for identifying family breakdown and any other problems that affect the patient and reporting it to my Registered Nurse and/or my Team Manager. Teamwork is very important. If someone is off for vacation, out sick, or needs assistance with a patient, we are responsible to help each other. The hardest part of this job is helping the family through the loss of a loved one. But at the same time it is very enjoyable to know you can be there and help both the patient and family through a very difficult time.
Pros
meeting new people, breaks during the drive to clear head.
Cons
lots of driving, not knowing when i will start or end my day
Undecided
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 9, 2014
I love working in the hospice field. It can be very rewarding at times. The hardest part of this career is having to say goodbye to some of my patients A typical day at work is putting a smile on my patients faces and trying to get their mind off what they are going through..
Fast-paced learning environment.
Admissions Coordinator/Telecare CSR (Former Employee) –  Lombard IlOctober 8, 2014
A typical day at Vitas in one word is challenging. Daily tasks include gathering patient data, inputting information in patient's charts. Dealing with patients families and various clergy in over 15 different states. The hardest part of the job is telling a family member that their loved one has been referred to Hospice. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting families through the Hospice process.
Pros
benefits/401k
Cons
heavy workload not enough time in a day!
Caring for Hospice patients
CNA (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2014
Typical Night at Work: Different day to day
What I learned: How to do post mortem care
Management: I had a great team manager
Hardest Part of the Job: The emotions of family members
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Getting to know the patient & their story.
Pros
seeing that the patient is comforted before their passing.
Cons
when patient census drops i am cancelled
N/A
Receptionist & Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJSeptember 19, 2014
Management is tyrannical. Company is driven by financial gain and not quality of patient care. I would never use Vitas Hospice Services for my family members.
very productive place to work at
Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 18, 2014
I enjoyed working with paper work and making sure i worked in a very organized environment.
Pros
free lunches at times
Very friendly people to work with.
Office Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 11, 2014
At VITAS, I am responsible for the organization and implemenation of the office system. I order medical and office supplies as well as stocking up important documentation for Doctor's & Nurses. I have learned the importance of simplifying the office system so that every employee can work smoothly in an office setting. I work with co-workers who are also considered my customers because they come to me on a daily basis for office supplies. I would have to say that the hardest part of my job is to gather medical supplies on a daily basis and disperse them to each nurse/nurse aid in a short window of time as we have up to a hundred nurses a day. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to serve my co-workers and to be able to help in any which way possible. It is very rewarding to be able to go into an office setting that have has a very welcoming atmosphere and environment.
Poor management
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  MiamiSeptember 9, 2014
Management doesn't really care about their staff. No job security
volunteers make beautiful memory bears from pts. clothes
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, miSeptember 3, 2014
My coworkers in Vitas- Southeast Michigan are all hardworkers and very pleasant to work with. Staff do care about the patients, family and each staff member.....
Pros
good workers
Cons
program closed
Rewarding work experience
Continuous Care LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 31, 2014
Great work experience . A privilege to be able to help patients and families in their time of need.
Plenty of staff to cover nights and weekends.
Registered Nurse, Hospice Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 31, 2014
Plenty of time to spend with patients. Continuous Care available to patients as needs develop.
Supportive Work Environment
Chaplain Intern (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 18, 2014
A typical day could be a combination of traveling to different facilities to visit patients and their families, attending funerals/visitations, going to Care Conference meetings, or attending CPE cohort meetings. Management with VITAS and through CPE were consistently supportive and helpful. Co-workers were positive and created opportunities for me to participate in activities to gain more experience in different areas around the office.

This internship taught me Story Theology and process learning.
Pros
ice cream truck would come in the summer
Cons
phoning in our time sheet
Medical Administration
PATIENT CARE SECRETARY/ FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CaAugust 15, 2014
Vitas is a basic corporate owned medical company. Simple 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday hours. Typical duties; answering phones, greeting patients and vendors, usage of Microsoft Office. The hardest part of the job is speaking to patient's family members who are in a panic.
Pros
good benefits, job security
Cons
office drama
tight group of caring people providing great care
Alternate Hours Runner, (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA.......Encino,caAugust 13, 2014
a great place to work, fantastic managers total support from staff to people in the field...enjoyed my time in san diego..I really didn't work long enough as a case manager 3 weeks when I moved to enicino
Pros
great managers total support
Cons
some people werent really connected to hospice work and made it difficult