Applied Imagination Employee Reviews in United States

Love of geriatric patient care and ability to be there for patients to pass with dignity while providing excellent patient care.
Field Rn/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  daytona beach floridaJuly 1, 2014
Loved working for vitas. would still be there if didnt inflict injury which required 2 surgeries and they had to hire someone else for my position.
Pros
benefits, pay, paid time off
Very flexible and family oriented
Staffing Coordinator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 5, 2013
A typical day at work required lots of multi-tasking, hard work and patience. You may are required to speak to nurses to assign them to patients and sometimes to assist in their schedules. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, it feels like family.
Pros
flexibility
benefits
good company but some internal issues
Physician/Hospital Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 17, 2013
Generally a good company to work for. Fair pay and reasonable hours. Benefits good. Major problems were due to service failures. Reputation county-wide for these challenges so difficult to enlist physician usage.
Pros
good pay/hours
Cons
poor service and follow-up
I wouldn't recommend working here
LPN (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ILJanuary 30, 2012
There is some great staff, but the management couldn't relate to the clinical staff. There is a high turn over due to personality conflicts in the office.
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
extremely negative envirnoment to work in
Friendly & Supportive Staff
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 25, 2013
Managers work with you regarding schedule changes, PTO, skills training, etc.
Pros
3 days on, 4 days off & benefits
Cons
Unless you are in desperate need for a job, don't do it
LPN (Former Employee) –  PeoriaMarch 15, 2013
They have a company motto of we take care of our patients and each other. Well the truth is the only thing they care about it is what they call the ADC, which means the daily money that comes in. Just to give you an idea of the culture, everyone that I have spoken to on the staff is currently looking for a new job. There has been over 10 RN's that have quit/slashed fired over the past year. There are some wonderful and caring people that unfortunately have just been mentally beat up. This is a tough job, but management has made it unbearable.
Pros
helping patients is an experience that can't be replaced
Cons
key management values profit more that patient care-management is uneducated and lazy
Enjoyed working with patients and patients families.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 23, 2013
Working in hospice is hard but very gratifying. I learned a lot working here and managing patient at the bedside.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
lots of documentations.
best in hospice care
LVN (Current Employee) –  Covina CAJanuary 10, 2013
Excellent Co employees, great teamwork. But the recently changed health insurance plan is hard to swallow.
Pros
even part timers have benefits
Cons
recently changed health care insurance plan.
Awsome supportive staff who engages in active listening to work in a productive manner
Staff-Coordinator/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAMay 1, 2015
A typical day at Vitas Hospice includes an array of multitasking in each department that I was committed to- Medical Record Filing/Staff Coordination. I learned the importance to handle each day with a sense of urgency and to keep information confidential. The co-workers were very supportive in gauging the correct amount of work needed to be completed in a regular work day. The hardest part of the job was to remain constantly composed on the idea in handling end-of-life care. The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant reassurance that each day is important and to trust in each others work ethic to work effectively.
Worthwhile in providing healthcare within someone's home.
Hospice Social Worker (LMSW) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 15, 2015
Overall, the experience is heart warming, but it also depended on what type of job you do. Traveling is very hard when so many patients needed to be seen and there is traffic every direction you go.
Good Company
Human Resources Assistance (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CaAugust 20, 2013
Would like to offer my skills to other Company's.
Love to team work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
healthcare
Fun place to work
Staffing Coordinator/HHA/Medical records clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2015
A usual day starts out reviewing the morning report and checking the pt cencus. Giving the morning report to my field staff and getting the over night report ready for the manager. Then I have to check pay roll and make sure the staff has there hours in and that the times are correct. Then I check in the continous care folders and go over the nursing notes before turning them over to the manager to be filed away in medical records.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Not alot of over time
Helping People
Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day ay my job is never boring. I've learned how to master my multitasking skills, as well as customer service. Management is supportive and will provide help and guidance when asked. My co-workers are great. We all work as a team and help each other when needed. Being a team player and offering help when able is the foundation of building a great department.

I work in Hospice care. Its hard not to get attached to families and clients that are under our care and service. Speaking to families who have lost loved ones, is the hardest part of this job. On the brighter side, it's a remarkable feeling knowing that people who choose to live out the rest of their lives at home with their loved ones, are able to do so with the help of Hospice care. I find great reward hearing how families are grateful for the support they are offered before, during, and after Hospice care.

Healthcare is my passion, helping people is what I love doing.
Cares not only about the patient but their employees
Licensed Vocational Nurse/Continuous Care (Former Employee) –  Encino, CaliforniaMarch 14, 2015
Continuous care nurse for this company, day starts 4pm-12 midnight.

I learned everything I knew about hospice with this company. They had a great management team, well organized and the co-workers were simple amazing. Hardest part of my job was to watch the dying patient and see the pain the families were going through. I enjoyed taking care of the dying families and the support I got not only from management but also my co-worker.
It is rewarding to help patients and families
Regional Hospital / Physician Representative (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 27, 2015
The company values are to take care of patients and families first, we take care of each other. The nursing staff is very caring and compassionate.
Pros
Great PTO plan
Cons
Change in leadership
Gotta love the mission and people!
Hospice Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2014
Excellent all-around especially if you're a nurse
Great management and company culture
Pros
colleagues, flexibility
Cons
advancement in marketing is limited
a very enlightening and challenging environment
RN, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 2, 2015
I would see between 5-6 patients daily, provide nursing assessments, med management,provide support to patients and families,end of life care, patient advocate, mentoring staff in a team environment,liaison between patients, families,doctors, social workers and chaplains
A professional organization that has as its mission to have families and patients first, to take care of each other, and to always do your best.
Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 21, 2015
Ability to continue to learn new things about health care. A One health care provided by top notch staff. Always feel like you are improving the quality of life for your terminal patients.

As an employee, you experience autonomy in planning your schedule every day.

You are always part of an interdisciplinary team.
Pros
you contribute to an atmosphere of professionalism.
Cons
you must take on on-call 2 nights every month and that can cause stress.
Learning the products and meeting people.
Geographical Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 23, 2015
Great Company. Traveling to different places but not to much. This was a good part of the job, but also could be seen as the hardest. I learned pharmaceutical product knowledge which was really interesting to me.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Traveling
registered nurse
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  smithville, MissouriJune 20, 2015
this job was not a good fit. was not happy with this position. union member. I disliked driving long days and not getting paid for overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applied Imagination. Our community is ready to answer.