Applied Imagination Employee Reviews

Vitas is a very good place to work with a flexible schedule and friendly environment. There is room for advancement anf job security. I worked PT at
Triage Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 15, 2015
I was a Triage nurse for the Telecare call centet which is a 24 hour hotline for patients and family on the hospice program. I love the supportive role and found it very rewarding.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
micromanagement
Helping People
Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day ay my job is never boring. I've learned how to master my multitasking skills, as well as customer service. Management is supportive and will provide help and guidance when asked. My co-workers are great. We all work as a team and help each other when needed. Being a team player and offering help when able is the foundation of building a great department.

I work in Hospice care. Its hard not to get attached to families and clients that are under our care and service. Speaking to families who have lost loved ones, is the hardest part of this job. On the brighter side, it's a remarkable feeling knowing that people who choose to live out the rest of their lives at home with their loved ones, are able to do so with the help of Hospice care. I find great reward hearing how families are grateful for the support they are offered before, during, and after Hospice care.

Healthcare is my passion, helping people is what I love doing.
It was great to work with so many up beat people in such an emotional draining job.
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Filed paper work, reorganized supplies, sent out mailers to patient families and provided support to the patient secretaries.The hardest part of the job was during the filing of patient folders, I would run across one with a picture of the patient and then a face is put to a name. Many times the patient would have passed away by then.
productive,independence, cutural diversed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 9, 2015
Hardest part of the job was embracing many of the clients being ill, yet they managed to muster up jovial disposition which exhibited, the simple aspects in life are what matter most. Attending work daily promoted self determination, self awareness towards imparting empathy, attentiveness, initiative which allowed my assignments to be enjoyed resulting in knowledge, all customers require varied services of support with cultural diversity as well as client interest to be considered in order to create a positive support to be rendered . co workers as well as superiors were leaders, implementing continuing education, as well as, ceremonial recognitions.
Pros
team work, paid tiem off, execellent benefits, room or advancement
Cons
distance driving, however clients served made the distance worthwhile
so-so
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 27, 2014
As a runner you are on call & as such you may be VERY busy one night & not at all the next. Since the triage RN has been eliminated the RN runners must now take incoming calls as well as make visits. The runners are under-staffed in my opinion. COverage provided to 5 counties so a lot of time is spent driving. Mostly inner city visits. Must be comfortable with ANY kind of visit from symptoms, to psych-social, to deaths.
Pros
On call
Cons
Bad neighborhoods
Respect
Administrative Clerk/ PCS (Former Employee) –  Maitland FlDecember 19, 2014
I felt a lot of respect going out towards the patients and family members. I was honored to work for this company because of that.
I would recommend patients and family to go to this company for the proper help.

My most enjoyable part of this job was to get phone calls from family members thanking me for all the time I gave to there family weather it was just an ear to talk to or getting something done.
Vitas provided wonderful services to its patients
ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 8, 2014
Vitas provides wonderful care to its patients and families of patients. It can be a challenging job emotionally but at the end of the day I always took pride in what I did. Vitas also took care of its employees and we received decent benefits.
I throughly enjoyed employment with Vitas
LPN (Former Employee) –  Portage, INDecember 3, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with Vitas Inovative Hospice, The team of coworkers as well as management was hard working and devoted to providing the best patient care possible.Our patients were always top priority.
Gotta love the mission and people!
Hospice Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2014
Excellent all-around especially if you're a nurse
Great management and company culture
Pros
Colleagues, flexibility
Cons
advancement in marketing is limited
Family
Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee) –  Covina, CANovember 25, 2014
Facility staff was once very united and like a family. With changes came more responsibilities but not more pay.
Love this place
HOSPICE CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 22, 2014
Wonderful environment, nice co-workers and management. team approach, very family focused.
This was a long time ago..
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ventura CANovember 19, 2014
Vitas was a great company at first. They became a very unethical company in my opinion. I felt that morally I needed to be elsewhere
Productive fast paced
Hospice Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 12, 2014
I admitted patients to the hospice programs and making sure they met the medicare gudelines for admission. I enjoyed this job very much. Long hours and trying to balance work and life became an issue. I loved being able to help the patients by starting the plan of care and getting everything in place so that the case manager could manage thier care.
Pros
Working in hospice environment
Vitas cares about money
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2014
no advancement, work hard for nothing, if your are not a favorite, or you complain,, watch out, they will find a way to force you out. No raises, pay freeze, unless you are a favorite, then you get a raise. They say, admit everyone you can, find a reason, No o.t. allowed for Case Managers, Management will lie to your face, no honesty. I worked hard for Vitas for nothing. Telecare is a joke, pt and families wait on hold for over 20-30 min, the list of issues goes on, Oh yea, the worse health insurance ever, might as well not have any, or get it on your own. Every year gets worse and worse.
Pros
Pto
Cons
treat employees poorly, dishonest, poor pay, no raises for years
Management discussed issues inappropiately
Team Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2014
Vitas has good compensation and benefits but job culture was too intense; basic tasks like copying required you to run and often no time for breaks. Management would also discuss employees with other employees.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
environment too intense
Permitted me to commit myself 100% to Milotary Veterans
Veteran Liaison (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHOctober 28, 2014
Worked in education military personnel and military veterans about hospice benefits as well as possible benefits they me be entitled to related to their time in the service
Pros
Work independent
Cons
Long hours affecting home life
Meaningful and Productive work
CERTIFIED NURSNG ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 26, 2014
I would travel to different patients homes and facilities, taking care of terminally ill patients with 6 months of life or less. I would drive anywhere from 50-200 miles a day, just depending on daily work and patient circumstances, tracking my records on a travel log. I would see anywhere from 5-8 patients a day. I learned that patient and family care is very important. That working in Hospice, as a caregiver and advocate, you are responsible for the family's well-being, along with the patient's. I am responsible for identifying family breakdown and any other problems that affect the patient and reporting it to my Registered Nurse and/or my Team Manager. Teamwork is very important. If someone is off for vacation, out sick, or needs assistance with a patient, we are responsible to help each other. The hardest part of this job is helping the family through the loss of a loved one. But at the same time it is very enjoyable to know you can be there and help both the patient and family through a very difficult time.
Pros
meeting new people, breaks during the drive to clear head.
Cons
lots of driving, not knowing when i will start or end my day
Undecided
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 9, 2014
I love working in the hospice field. It can be very rewarding at times. The hardest part of this career is having to say goodbye to some of my patients A typical day at work is putting a smile on my patients faces and trying to get their mind off what they are going through..
Fast-paced learning environment.
Admissions Coordinator/Telecare CSR (Former Employee) –  Lombard IlOctober 8, 2014
A typical day at Vitas in one word is challenging. Daily tasks include gathering patient data, inputting information in patient's charts. Dealing with patients families and various clergy in over 15 different states. The hardest part of the job is telling a family member that their loved one has been referred to Hospice. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting families through the Hospice process.
Pros
Benefits/401K
Cons
Heavy Workload not enough time in a day!
Caring for Hospice patients
CNA (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2014
Typical Night at Work: Different day to day
What I learned: How to do post mortem care
Management: I had a great team manager
Hardest Part of the Job: The emotions of family members
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Getting to know the patient & their story.
Pros
Seeing that the patient is comforted before their passing.
Cons
when patient census drops I am cancelled