Applied Industrial Technologies

Applied Industrial Technologies Employer Reviews

Great teamwork envirnment
Service Center Manager (Current Employee), Deer Park, TXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: awesome team environment
Cons: not enough manpower for the amount of work expected
A typical day with this company is very busy and fast paced.

I have learned about distributorship and the 100's of different items that you can sell to different industries

The management is very supportive.

I have amazing co-workers and love working with each of them

The hardest part of my job is working every report and request into an 8 hour – more... day

I love learning new things and taking on new challenges and this job provides oyu with both – less
Great compamy to work for.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), lancaster Pa.October 30, 2014
A very progressive company with cutting edge distribution technology. Great people to work with.
Busy steady work place
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), Hopewell, VAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: fun work place
As CSR my typical day was to handle all incoming phone calls from customers along with my other co-workers , process customer quotes and orders in a timely manner. Learned that I was an important part of the puzzle in the work place along with my service center manager , acct manager , whse staff and the other CSR. I found the hardest part of the job – more... was being under staffed so put a lot of extra work on each other to get our job done. I liked the people I worked with was a fun team to be apart of , dealing with customers and helping to solve there problems or breakdown emergencies that they are trying to fix. – less
Manager, Operational Excellence (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 26, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: lot of travel required
Hardest part of the job is the commute and the extensive travel required.
Good balance for interns
Internship-Vendor Auditing (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 23, 2014
No benefits for interns
Good flexible schedule
Sometimes you get overwhelmed with work
Company overview
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Multiple areasAugust 26, 2014
Company in transition. Branches drive the business. Corporate policy does not drive execution.
AIT has always been a good company to work for.. In all my years there I have learned and grown with an amazing company
Customer Sales and Service (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2014
A typical day with AIT-was laughter, work, doing your job to its fullest, helping customers.... I credit most of this to our GM great guy and a good mentor, also the coworkers were great we all worked well together. I don't think there was ever a hard part to the job once you were trained and given the opportunity and not afraid to ask questions which – more... is key cause there is no dumb question to be asked. – less
Was A good place
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 22, 2014
The BGC is a good place. The staff and management who took over were not in their positions for the right reason in my opinion.
A great place to work
Manager (Current Employee), ILJune 24, 2014
Pros: great people to work with, great industry
Cons: pay scale.
Applied is filled with great people to work with. Each service center operates as its own profit center, almost as its own business, but with the backing of a 2.5 billion dollar company. No day is the same and the problems that need solving are always changing. When working at AIT, you'll be surrounded by people who care about what they do and who are – more... passionate for their work. – less
Sr. SAP FICO Analyst (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 11, 2014
• Professional Experience of 8 plus years in ERP/SAP, Experience in Implementing, Customizing and Configuring FICO Module and also worked in various phases of Project Life Cycle.
• Involved in full life cycle implementations using ASAP (Accelerated SAP) methodology with experience in all project phases – Project Preparation, Business Blue Print, Realization, – more... Final preparation, Go-live and post live Production Support.
• Experience in New Implementations, Enhancements, Upgrades, Testing & Production Support/User issues, Super-User & End-User Training & Documentation.
• Experienced in gathering and analyzing business requirements, identifying process gaps between AS-IS and TO-BE processes, re-engineering business processes, creating business blueprints, mapping processes to SAP R/3 functionality and collecting master data.
• Extensive hands on experience in Financial Accounting (FI) including General Ledger (GL), Asset Accounting (AA), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and Special Ledger.
• Worked on FI-GL period end processing, G/L reporting, vendor master records, configured payment transactions, processed payment runs, customer master data, Automatic Account Determination, Bank Master Data, Lockbox, Dunning and Automatic Payment Program.
• Configured Asset Accounting: Maintained Chart of Depreciation, Defined Assets class, Account determination, Created Asset Master, Asset Retirement, In-house creation of Assets and Depreciation Run.
• Competent in client relation management, presentation, documentation, training and support.
• Experienced in all phases of implementation from configuration and testing to cutover tasks and go-live support for one of their global rollouts.
• Full life cycle implementations using ASAP methodology, good understanding of AS-IS business processes, Blue Print, Realization-Configuration, Final Preparation-Unit & Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Developing BPP’s, End Users Training Pre & Post Go Live support.
• Prepared Functional Specifications as per client needs including the analysis of SAP Scripts.
• Extensive experience in Data Mapping and Conversions with migration tools like IDOCs, LSMW, CATTs, Batch Data Communication (BDC) using Call Transaction and Batch input methods.
• Proficient in Configuration and Integration of SD, MM and PP with FI. Good understanding of SD (OTC) and MM (PTP) business processes.
• Defined variables and created form reports using Report Painter and Report Writer for profitability reports.
• Worked on CO-PA (Profitability Analysis) reporting, forms, planning, derivation rules and structures, product and customer hierarchy, PA settlement, realignments, and integration issues with Sales & Distribution.
• Experienced in Demand Planning Benchmark.
• AP/Open Text/VIM
• Made necessary changes to reconcile PCA to CO-PA for P&L accounts including modification of CO-PA user exits, and creation of new field status groups. – less
challenging
Account Manager (Current Employee), dayton ohioMay 8, 2014
Pros: company car/gas card
Cons: no advancement/no commision
typical day is doing 5 things at one time, technical knowledge of the industrial manufacturing/oem-mro field. The most challenging part is finding time to meet with customers and sell, currently being micro-managed, which leads to less time in front of customers.
Typical Distributor
Account Executive (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: nothing unique about the products they sell
I liked working for Applied. The benefits are great even if the pay isn't. It was a good platform to getting on to something better.
Bad place to work
Customer Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVFebruary 11, 2014
Cons: management
I worked in Fairmont, WV. Management was terrible. Biased treatment of workers, always had an attitude. Not a good place to work at all.
Exciting learning challenges.
Territorial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not much continued product training
Extensive sales territory with lot's of travel time. Company was down sized with several lay offs.
Let's wait until 2020
Account Manager (Current Employee), Houston,TXJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: comfortable environment
Cons: internal challenges
Good company in about 5 years. I think there is a lot of potential to grow and innovate processes. Right now Applied is facing challenges that it is immediately being corrected. It will take 5 years to get this corporation in a positive profitable streak again with the help of all 10000 employees
Torpedo on the starboard bow. All Hands on deck !!!
Account Manager (Current Employee), Stuart, FLDecember 18, 2013
Pros: a free car as an account manager
Cons: tomorrow may be your last day
This company is a horror. How this company continues to post net gain is a mystery ? The branch staff's are over worked and under paided. The field staff are treated with disdain and suspicion. This company is a work in progress towards an unraveling. They cook the numbers from the top down or the top up. I can't really be sure. If I were a buyer. It – more... would be as a short. As a perspective employee ? Under no circumstances would I say yes to any offer. In the movie 2001 the tag line was ( something wonderful is going to happen ). As to Applied Industrial Technologies ?? Please believe me.. Something horrible is going to happen. The only way this mess can be fixed is to sell the company based on it's good will asset value to Grainger. They have SAP integration and can asymilate the customer base quickly. Otherwise----abandon ship !!! Reef ahead, helm is down, we have lost steering control..!!! WHAT A HORROR.. How can any leader drive a 3 billion dollar revenue stream into the rocks ???? – less
Great job, great work associates
warehouse associate (Former Employee), TexasDecember 16, 2013
This job taught me how to drive a lift truck. Recognized for doubling work production standards.
Excelent position to build a base experience in a fast-paced, customer oriented company
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIDecember 12, 2013
Pros: team environment and industry leader
Cons: poor training for the 4, 000, 000+ products offered and general manager could use a leason in how to treat employees.
Overall, AIT is a good company with a customer oriented atmosphere. Its a call center environment providing service that seeks to keep customers running and shorten down time.

Unfortunately, not all deadlines can always be met, which is the more difficult portion of the position. Also, there is a constant trade off between cost of a product and the – more... time it takes to get it. in an industry where products are all over the web,

The best part of the job is knowing a customer is back up and running in the shortest time possible because they chose AIT. Its about recognizing a problem, then taking steps to find a solution. – less
Best place I have worked
CSR (Former Employee), Elyria, OHNovember 20, 2013
Pros: store manager and co-workers
Cons: the occcasional unhappy customer
Applied was a fun place. The work was fast paced most of the time and diverse. Management was flexible and willing to listen to new ideas. Co-workers were the best, they really helped each other.
no room to grow
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Bedford, OHNovember 1, 2013
Pros: small branch co-workers were close knit, decent benefits
Cons: high turnover rate in management, no room to grow, not great pay
Working at the branch level you only had 2 office positions (besides clerical) Customer Service and Outside Sales. There was no growth potential and the base pay was really low. Raises were hard to come by.

1 2 3

About Applied Industrial Technologies

Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. (Applied) is a North American distributor of industrial products. The Company also provides – Read more