Applied Industrial Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Growth and Reliable
RFP Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2016
My working environment with AIT offered plenty of opportunities to increase my growth in their products and as well as increasing my skills in the computer and software applications.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Healthcare
Great company to work for.
On-site specialist at Goodyear, Tire and Rubber (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 3, 2016
Applied has lot of on the job training opportunities. Everyday is a learning experience full of valued information, that can be used with day to day problems. Along with fun and friendly working environments.
Good Company
Belt Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 11, 2016
I enjoyed working independently with little supervision, each day was something different and kept me busy the whole shift. I enjoyed working here and it was something I never did before and I enjoyed every minute of it
Keeps you on your toes and challenging every day
Supervisor-Dustin Tedford (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 21, 2016
Applied is a wonderful place to work! MY supervisors are willing to work around kid schedules and there is a push to better yourself through the company.
nice experience working
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 20, 2016
I was nice working with Applied. I have learned how to work in a team and how to balance work and personal life. My co-workers are mostly good, supportive and helpful.
A fun and exciting workplace with minimal stress but still productive
CSSR / Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Port Lavaca, TXFebruary 10, 2016
A productive day at work by taking care of all of your customers and still maintaining a profitable GP for your branch location.
Pros
Awesome job with excellent benefits
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 21, 2016
This job was very productive in teaching me how to get around make deliveries within the city. After 7 years, I can say that I have learned a lot.
How its Made
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Where can you go and be part of How its Made. Right out of school and into a place where you can go into a factory and watch every day items being made. Big machines for small tasks. All had to be repaired and maintained. Relationships was the name of the game in the industry.
Productive and fun place to work
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 22, 2015
Learned valuable IT management skills particularly in the areas of network management, PC and server management, associate management. Given every opportunity to succeed.
Manager of Springdale Service Center (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 10, 2015
Service center keeps everyone busy. With the customer base being what it is, there is little down time. Days go by fast.
Daily challenges of customer orders, customer quotes, continuous improvement projects.
Pros
well-run company
Cons
24-hour on call
Warehouse
shipping, customer service (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 5, 2015
Great job. Nice people to work for. I pulled orders and completed invoices. I enjoyed successfully completing tasks I was assigned.
Pros
Successfully completing tasks
Cons
High pressure athmosphere, time critical assignments
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 1, 2015
It was hard to increase my expectations of employees due to wages being below industry norms, I provided as many perks as possible an achieved best in class "Gold Award" for the region. overall I had a good crew and most put in their best each day. The economy has changed since then and I'm sure wages and attitudes have changed as well.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
upper managements expectations
Average..
Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 16, 2015
Good Work / life balance. not much of challenges. Average Compensation and benefits. Need more architect level guys to decide processes and benefits of them in IT.
Warehouse
Shipping & Receiving Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 28, 2015
My typical day is very busy. I receive all the customer orders and make sure that they all go to the right customer. I do all the deliveries and receive all the ups for our customers. I run the entire warehouse, and learning the system to help customers upfront
Worst place ever to work for!!!!
CSR (Former Employee) –  Des Moines IAApril 11, 2015
Training sucked, management really sucked (GM) that is if you could call him that. The guy didn't have a clue as to what was going on the branch manager did everything including hiring buddies that were favored non-stop which included playing golf on Tuesdays while the rest of the staff was left behind to carry to the workload!
Pros
When I left!
Cons
Everything awful unfriendly company
Nice company that is close to home
CSSR (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 16, 2015
Answer incoming phone calls
Search for customer product
Order entry
Source if not found in stock
Learned how to work with the SAP system that was newly implimented

I really enjoy working with the customers and doing what I can to help them
Working is fun and team members and management is good
SAP FICO Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2015
Every day working with business users in different scenarios getting more and more experience and having fun at the same time.
Learning more about Treasury module.
The management is really good.
Working with functional technical team is really good.
Some times if we can not find the cause of the error is really hardest part of the job.
Pros
some times free department free lunch
Cons
health care
Great place to work!
Accounts payable temp (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Great place to work! I loved the atmosphere, but the pay was simply not enough. I got introduced to SAP, learned accounting roles and the basics of accounts payable departments, increased my communication skills and customer service, and I also became very organized.
Went from great to hate it, thanks to terrible management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 14, 2015
Our Service Center has had issues but after going onto SAP those issues came to the surface. Our store manager is a drunk that refuses to manage our inside people. Our Regional manager quit a month ago, his replacement cannot be worse based on what he did or should I say...NEVER DID..We recently got a new manager for the outside sales who has to be the worst pick ever, he is dishonest, incompetent and unprofessional. It scares me to think somebody thought he has enough brains to manage? He recently took one of our inside people and promoted him into a position that he failed at while working for the competition years ago, that should be a red flag, he is not the guy to promote. Lets call him do-it-again-?X!X?, what a joke, while inside he spent half his time fixing and covering up mistakes and orders he messed up forgot to place..lol. It was said he has a very, very, very close relationship with our Regional VP's assistant, yes it is what you think, and she is married, sad and unethical but totally true based on the promotion, nothing else makes sense. That same Reg. VP has scrambled to keep this loser bum of a employee from leaving who works in Stockton, after he wore his welcome out of working Modesto, so our Regional VP moved him to Stockton where he failed and then promotes monkey boy to a Belt Specialist...lol, and monkey boy steals inventory and sales inventory on ebay??? and everybody looks the other way because the Regional VP has the bums back???, If all that is not bad enough, that person who he promoted to Belt Specialist drives his company care over 100MPH on a regular  more... basis, and the VP knows it? Applied s best days are behind her, I plan on moving on when the time is right, so hating my job now, I am just hanging in there, I get my medical benefits from my wife's job so I don't have that to keep me here, I am just waiting for the right time.People are quitting everywhere in our company. EVERYONE in one of our belt shops quit due to SAP and management, they left the company cars, trucks and their keys locked them in the warehouse one day and the never came back. It really is that bad, I so cannot believe some of the reviews here, I simply think most are fabricated. I am currently at on of my coworkers home and we just cannot believe we have the managers we have, so times it is so bad, we just cannot stop laughing, which beats crying I guess. You might as well take this review and times it by 2, he feels the same, but has more to loose then I so he is going to hang in there and hope it gets better. Seeing I cannot believe a word my current manager says I am not sticking around, let alone introduce him to my customers, I don't want them to know upper management would put somebody like him in management. I would love to see our employee turnover rate compared to our competitors, I am sure we have twice the turnover rate of them. We have had 4 people leave from our store in 2 years, they all said they would have stayed if we had better management
NOTE ON CEO, I honestly don't know him, so my disapproval is based on what must be false sales numbers, our sales have steadily dropped since going on SAP, it has to be a matter of playing with the numbers making it look better then it is.
Pros
use to be a good company, it really did, it is the worst.
Cons
bad managment, terrible software
Great Team of Associates
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  USADecember 4, 2014
I enjoyed my many years at Applied. I advanced quickly through a variety of positions, however after reaching a Service Center Manager level there is not many advancement options available unless you are willing to relocate to corporate offices or take a sales position.
As a publically held company the HR issues and performance management can be an issue when trying to build a quality team.
The company had and era of executive management that had a financial background and profit became more important than customers and micro managing service center employees and management was damaging to the service level.
Salary while fair was not consistent depending on gender and responsibilities.
Overall I had a very positive experience and it is a great company to learn a variety of skills and advancement is available for those that wish to pursue a sales career.
Pros
advancement opportunities, training, fellow associates
Cons
loss of focus on customer, hr policies reducing performance mgmt, support of sales vs operations

Applied Industrial Technologies Reviews by Location