Applied Materials Employee Reviews

Overall okay place to work, though not perfect
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 17, 2017
Pro:
Good working culture;
Good job security and fast pace
Competitive income

Con:
Tough work-life balance
Sometimes chaos in top management
No free lunch
Hostile work environment.
Warehouse Worker, Semiconductor industry (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYSeptember 16, 2017
I have been screamed at, charged at and discriminated against. When I confront these people they have no clue about other people's point of view. I prepared to get hit and have been 3 times by a pallet jack.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Hostile work environment.
Good place for employees.
Sr. Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 15, 2017
Good place for employees. Good management that cares about staff and their satisfaction. Clients are kind of a nightmare to deal with. Overall I like the company.
Na
Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 10, 2017
Applied Materials, Inc. is an American corporation that supplies equipment, services and software to enable the manufacture of semiconductor chips for electronics, flat panel displays for computers, smartphones and televisions, and solar products
Customer Engineer
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 3, 2017
High paced job in the semiconductor industry. Excellent starting job in the industry where you can learn the ins and outs of the job. Company was good to me in the time I worked there.
Fast Paced, High Tech, Always something to learn
Metrology Field Service Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 2, 2017
As a Field Service Engineer I work 12 hr shifts on a compressed work week 4 on 3 off...in Hillsboro, Oregon. Day to day depends on the number of tools requiring preventive or corrective maintenance.
Pros
good pay
Good
Quality (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 31, 2017
Good place to work. You can Learn a lot. Builds ion implanters. Has good customers. Good locations, good pay , good benefits, good people to work for.
lack of regard to human component
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 30, 2017
This company will grind u to the bone. Their leadership is inept. They have little regard for work life balance. Way too many managers per employee. I hated every minute up until the point where i needed to train my Indian counterparts to take over my work.
Pros
stock options/bonuses
Cons
additional hours worked for bonuses and pressure put upon you is no where near worth it
A bridge job
CE (Current Employee) –  TXAugust 29, 2017
pay is very substandard, manager is great, and there is a lot of bs. My benefits have been screwed up by corporate, and at the customer location I still do not have the correct accesses, despite having numerous tickets open with IT.
Relaxed, Easy Going Place to Work
NPI Material Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2017
AMAT was very relaxed environment when I was there. I did not find the work very challenging at all. The benefits were good and the culture and people were great! The campus in Austin is in a bad location but it is nice and pleasant to be at while there. The workspaces are very spacious, clean and inviting.

The main con was the pay - I found it to be far below industry standard for a corporation of the size AMAT is.
Pros
Good Benefits, Relaxed Culture, Great People, Good Work/Life Balance
Cons
Low Pay, Poor Location

Want to know more about Applied Materials?

Ask a question
Fast paced, stressful
Sr. Materials Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 25, 2017
Frustratingly political, amazingly successful for the quality of output, great upper management. Now I have to fill the remainder character count, ignore this sentence.
Good work culture and working environment.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 23, 2017
Global leader in the semiconductor industry with their products and services. World class operation in facility resources, talent, and cutting edge technology.
Productive and enjoyable work environment, heavy employee empowerment
Internal Auditor II (Operations-Finance) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2017
Very positive experience when working at AMAT. Management empowers employees while creating a professional and collegiate work environment. Would recommend to anyone
good company
Senior Market Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 15, 2017
good company, has a vision for growth, upper management looks after the employees, they have employee training programs that are helpful. Employees move around the company
Productive and fun work place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 14, 2017
Applied Material is a challenge but who doesn't like a challenge when it comes to the work industry,you meet new people and you learn new things,it's fast pace and you stay busy.
Good work place
Sr. SAN & Storage Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2017
Excellant Team and great expeeience when worked with Systems Team and Network, Database Teams. All latest technology to learn and work. 1 year of work at Applied is really excellent.
Fast Paced Environment
Project Manager/Dispatch/Billing (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 4, 2017
I work with a great group of individuals. This is a fast paced and high stress environment and there are never enough hours in the day. The hardest part of the job is the commute (45 miles takes 2+ hours). The most enjoyable part is my coworkers and the great working relationship I have with the contractor's and clients.
Pros
coworkers and pay
Cons
benefits and commute
Applied Material is good place to work for.
Product Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 1, 2017
Very good company to work for. As I remember when the first time i start they put in training class to learn the product for two week before i go out to interact with customer. Manage is very support what I'm doing at the customer site. Highly recommended to work for this company.
Pros
Well Train
Cons
N/a
Computer Chip Manufacturing
Systems Designer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 29, 2017
We worked long hours dressed in clean suits in clean rooms.

We made system upgrades to chemical delivery systems both day and night.

Very specialized work ...

Located in the Silicon valely in Santa Clara California.
Great Summer Internship
Manufacturing/Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2017
I worked here 3 summers during my college years and it was absolutely awesome. It gave me exposure to the government side of things as well as corporate America.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applied Materials. Our community is ready to answer.