Applied Micro Circuits Corporation Employee Reviews

No real perks
Internal Recruitment Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 29, 2017
MACOM has never had a presence in Silicon Valley and is completely unaware of the competitive nature when it comes to compensation. They refuse input and basically dismantled the company in order to get a PAM-4 chip. I was promised a bonus stock package due to my contributions. However that never materialized. The person that hired me left as well as all the upper management whom I had excellent relations with. After the acquisition it feels like you were being bullied on a daily basis.
Fun
Patent, Trademark and IP Attorney (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAFebruary 27, 2017
: An experienced Silicon Valley Patent, Trademark and IP Attorney with Electrical and Chemical engineering backgrounds and an MBA, and with over 10 years of in-house and law firm experience performing a wide range of patent law functions for leading technology corporations including IBM, Advanced Micro Devices, Motorola and Applied Micro Circuits Corporation. My experience includes a successful track record of advising business units on IP matters; preparare and prosecute1000s of patent and trademark applications in the USPTO and internationally; manage large patent portfolios and filing programs including review and selection of invention disclosures for patent protection; patent licensing; patent litigation support; patent valuation; law guidance and freedom to operate searches and advice to scientists, engineers, and management at these multinational corporations.
Pros
Pros; pros;
Cons
Cons; cons; cons
Good company
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 23, 2016
This company I would recommend for short term but not long term. It is not a good company for growth long term. My co-workers were pleasant to work with and culture was friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was a relaxed atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was the new team was not cohesive and supportive of long term success within company. There were not a lot of mentors.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No long term growth opportunities
Good
Senior ASIC design engineer (Former Employee) –  VietnamAugust 29, 2015
High-end multi-core SoC development
I learned good design and verification methodology, such as: UVM, RTL assertion, SDF simulation
Good work place, great people
SENIOR PRINCIPAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 9, 2013
Good communication.
Learned/applied full systems engineering strategies to three major projects. Good middle management team. Very professional and hardworking people. The hardest part of the job was the amount of work and multiple areas to be covered. The most enjoyable was the challenges.