Applied Technical Services, Inc. (ATS) is a premier provider of high quality consulting engineering, testing, and inspection services. Since our founding in 1967, ATS has established an excellent reputation with business, industry, and the legal profession. Notably, ATS is known for successfully uncovering facts in metallurgy, materials testing, chemical analysis, non-destructive testing, calibrations, fires and explosions. ATS can take a closer look to help find the technical answers and solutions clients need.
ATS employs approximately 500 personnel in several branch offices throughout the Eastern United States. Although most of the laboratory testing services are housed in our headquarters location in Marietta, GA, we can provide inspection services anywhere in the U.S. or abroad.
We are currently seeking an Entry Level Mechanical Engineer for a full time position in our Marietta, GA office.
The Mechanical Engineer will design, develop, fabricate and run tests of customer's parts, materials and systems in the ATS's Marietta Super Lab as well as the in the field. The Mechanical Engineer will get hands on experience with a wide range of engineering concepts from test conception to design, fabrication, calculations and reporting across a variety of industries. This is a rare opportunity for an entry level engineer to apply what they have learned and usually see an immediate measurable result of their work. On any given day the mechanical engineer will be part of a team that might design, break, explode, corrode, melt, shock, weld, machine, submerge, simulate an earthquake, perform computer aided design, turn a wrench, sit behind a desk, travel to a customer's site locally or possibly internationally and work with hundreds of other engineers and scientists in one of the largest consulting engineering, testing and inspection firms in the South East.
To be a successful candidate the following is required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or EngineeringTechnology or Civil Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Must be able to operate hand tools and machining equipment
- Ability to work well with teams and independently
- Ability to think creatively and prioritize rapidly, as well as manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Interpersonal skills: Must be personable and interact well with co-workers, clients, and vendors
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- A passion for what you do
- Exhibit exceptional oral/written communication skills and be able to provide outstanding customer service in a quality-driven, fast-paced atmosphere
ATS offers excellent wages and advancement opportunities. ATS full-time employee benefits include: salary plus commission, medical, dental, vision, 401k, holidays, and personal time.
*How to Apply
Apply through Indeed or E-mail resume to recruiting(a)atslab.com with Mechanical Engineer, Material Testing in the subject line.*