Applied Technical Services

Applied Technical Services Employee Reviews

very happy that i learned the things i did
welding inpector (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: it very laid back
Cons: sitting around
I was at work one day shooting x-ray when the radioactive source hung up and we had to call a retrieval team to come and get the source. I learned a lot in this process because you never know what is going to happen at any given time that's why its good to know safety and osha standards because if we didn't know we could have been hurt really bad.
Pulp and paper work if your in the south east
NDT Technician \ Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 17, 2014
There main work is the pulp and paper industries. Shut downs at paper mills will be the majority of you hours during the year.
Terrible management
CAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Shreveport, LASeptember 10, 2014
Cons: just about everything
This was a terrible place to work for. Management and supervisors were often very rude or even violent at times. The pay was less than average for the position and often times people are expected to do more than what falls under their job title. The benefits are average and very costly and there is little home time to be had as the requirement of constant, unplanned out of town work occurs.
Reputable company with many qualified employees available to learn from and for continued support
Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) (Current Employee), Liberty, TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: knowledgable support staff and online procedures to guide you in all aspects of your job
Cons: management does not consider your personal situation when work is slow.
Enjoyable job with a variety of work locations. If you enjoy traveling and meeting new people on a daily basis then ATS would be a good fit for you.
ATS
NDT Project Coordinator/Management Team (Former Employee), Marietta, GAFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Fast pace, challenging, I learned about non-destructive testing, how to do proposals/quotes, management was all great easy to work with, I got along great with my co-workers, the hardest part of my job was learning the technical background, the most enjoyable was working closely with my technicians and customers.
Good place to work as long as you worked hard and showed your hard work.
Process Technician II (Former Employee), Everett, WANovember 1, 2012
Pros: 4 10 hour days
I learned a great deal about surface mount technology and had the opportunity to manage all aspects of 2nd shift.
Excellent workplace
Non-Destructive Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 28, 2012
Excellent place to work with plenty of opportunities for advancement and ongoing training. In a field wit outstanding growth even given the current economic situation.
Just FYI
Technitian (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAOctober 7, 2012
Unfortunately, in the department I currently work there is no opportunity for advancement (and most all of the departments are the same way). Even though other departments may run with strict rules, it seems to me that the overall management overview of the employees is that everyone is expendable. The pay is mediocre at best, but the relax schedule may be a good perk for some.

Oh btw, in here is definitely WHO you know in the company and NOT WHAT you know.
Great place to learn and grow in the field of NDT.
Field Technician I (Current Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 30, 2012
Pros: overtime
Cons: parttime
This is a great company to learn the field of NDT. I have been soaking in the knowledge and training the is provided to me as an employee. I wish the work was more consistent and not so spaced out.
Non Destructive Testing Technician (Current Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 4, 2012
Pros: traveling
Cons: no work sometimes
Its a good place to work. Lots of travel just have to make it through the slow times. If you do that you can grow with the company.
Something wrong with this company
n/a (Former Employee), EverettJune 29, 2012
This small company has lost two different manufacturing engineers in less than a year. It's the third posting for the same position in about two months. They've managed to reject more than three dozen applicants and are still searching. There's something wrong with this picture. It appears their management isn't capable of recognizing good employees.
Great work atmosphere
Assembler, Applied Technical Services (Former Employee), Everett, WAApril 20, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no health benifits
A typical day at work was a 10 hr. day, if there was enough work for everybody. I learned a lot about assembling different types of machinery and also a lot about test equipment too. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was probably the standing for 10 hrs. a day which wasn't really that bad. The most enjoyable part of the job was my work and the people that I got to meet during my time there.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
NDT INSPECTOR (Former Employee), MOBILE,ALFebruary 1, 2012
Pros: good money, when you work, you work.
Cons: long periods of time off between work assignments.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK, THE PEOPLE ARE FRIENDLY AND TEAM PLAYERS.
Not a bad place to work, but a little too large of a company for my tastes.
Metals Analyst (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 6, 2012
The intermingling of personnel between the different departments was encouraged and made the work environment more enjoyable as it allowed for better project coordination and easy befriending. If you were a go-getter like I was, though, and someone who wanted to make a difference you had to wait in line until you were told to do so.