Applied Technical Services Employee Reviews

Engineering firm with great benefits
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 23, 2017
The company has been in business since 1967. The headquarters office is located just north of Atlanta with 28 branch locations across the U.S. There is a wide range of employee levels from technicians to professional engineers.
Your results may vary depending on department
Level II Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 14, 2017
ATS is overall an adequate place to work. Some departments have poor training and little room for advancement. Others are excellent. I worked primarily as a field technician with much travel and heavy hours during busy seasons, and little opportunity for work during slow times. Personally I found myself very well suited to that type of schedule, but it is not for everybody.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Training, advancement, compensation within field
good place to start,not a good place to advance a career.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 10, 2017
management is all about management. If you aren't some type of manager and making the company big $$$$$ it's hard to get a manager on the phone. not a company that looks out for the little man at all.
Not the best place to work.
Level II Technician (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 29, 2016
Poor mangagment.
No notice before traveling for work.
Bad work conditions.
Employees are very helpful and fun to work with.
Poor communication between office and employes.
Pros
Working overtime
Cons
Being out of town all the time
Fun workplace
Receptionist and Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 10, 2016
Fun place to work, A typical day is very fast paced and fun always learning something new and there is always a challenge shgdzg kdsdjkhd shjdh sjkdas dhjskh kjsdkas jd
Good Company
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJune 30, 2015
Typical day consist of lining out the job and performing different methods of NDT. I've leaned several methods of NDT. PT, MT, VT, RT, UT, UTT. Management is great. Co-workers are great. Hardest part is being away from family. Most enjoyable is the places you get to see and work at.
Pros
Per-diem
Cons
seasonal work
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Industrial Radiography/Weld Inspection (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 21, 2015
P.T/M.T technician/ Industrial radiography
-good management
-good pay
-overall a good company to work for
-able to move up and learn quickly
very happy that i learned the things i did
welding inpector (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 28, 2015
I was at work one day shooting x-ray when the radioactive source hung up and we had to call a retrieval team to come and get the source. I learned a lot in this process because you never know what is going to happen at any given time that's why its good to know safety and osha standards because if we didn't know we could have been hurt really bad.
Pros
it very laid back
Cons
sitting around
Pulp and paper work if your in the south east
NDT Technician \ Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 17, 2014
There main work is the pulp and paper industries. Shut downs at paper mills will be the majority of you hours during the year.
Terrible management
CAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 10, 2014
This was a terrible place to work for. Management and supervisors were often very rude or even violent at times. The pay was less than average for the position and often times people are expected to do more than what falls under their job title. The benefits are average and very costly and there is little home time to be had as the requirement of constant, unplanned out of town work occurs.
Pros
Cons
Just about everything
Reputable company with many qualified employees available to learn from and for continued support
Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) (Current Employee) –  Liberty, TXJune 30, 2014
Enjoyable job with a variety of work locations. If you enjoy traveling and meeting new people on a daily basis then ATS would be a good fit for you.
Pros
knowledgable support staff and online procedures to guide you in all aspects of your job
Cons
Management does not consider your personal situation when work is slow.
Ats
NDT Project Coordinator/Management Team (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 5, 2013
Fast pace, challenging, I learned about non-destructive testing, how to do proposals/quotes, management was all great easy to work with, I got along great with my co-workers, the hardest part of my job was learning the technical background, the most enjoyable was working closely with my technicians and customers.
Pros
great atmosphere
Good place to work as long as you worked hard and showed your hard work.
Process Technician II (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 1, 2012
I learned a great deal about surface mount technology and had the opportunity to manage all aspects of 2nd shift.
Pros
4 10 hour days
Excellent workplace
Non-Destructive Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 28, 2012
Excellent place to work with plenty of opportunities for advancement and ongoing training. In a field wit outstanding growth even given the current economic situation.
Just FYI
Technitian (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 7, 2012
Unfortunately, in the department I currently work there is no opportunity for advancement (and most all of the departments are the same way). Even though other departments may run with strict rules, it seems to me that the overall management overview of the employees is that everyone is expendable. The pay is mediocre at best, but the relax schedule may be a good perk for some.

Oh btw, in here is definitely WHO you know in the company and NOT WHAT you know.
Great place to learn and grow in the field of NDT.
Field Technician I (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 30, 2012
This is a great company to learn the field of NDT. I have been soaking in the knowledge and training the is provided to me as an employee. I wish the work was more consistent and not so spaced out.
Pros
overtime
Cons
parttime
Non Destructive Testing Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 4, 2012
Its a good place to work. Lots of travel just have to make it through the slow times. If you do that you can grow with the company.
Pros
traveling
Cons
no work sometimes
Something wrong with this company
n/a (Former Employee) –  EverettJune 29, 2012
This small company has lost two different manufacturing engineers in less than a year. It's the third posting for the same position in about two months. They've managed to reject more than three dozen applicants and are still searching. There's something wrong with this picture. It appears their management isn't capable of recognizing good employees.
Great work atmosphere
Assembler, Applied Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 20, 2012
A typical day at work was a 10 hr. day, if there was enough work for everybody. I learned a lot about assembling different types of machinery and also a lot about test equipment too. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was probably the standing for 10 hrs. a day which wasn't really that bad. The most enjoyable part of the job was my work and the people that I got to meet during my time there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no health benifits
NDT INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  MOBILE,ALFebruary 1, 2012
Great place to work, the people are friendly and team players.
Pros
good money, when you work, you work.
Cons
long periods of time off between work assignments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applied Technical Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Applied Technical Services Reviews by Job Title