Help us reinvent the way people plan and connect.
Appointbook is looking for a product and software developer with a sharp mind to help us reinvent the way people plan and connect. From social activities, to meetings, to services, the Appointbook platform simplifies the lives of our users and helps facilitate face-to-face real life connections.
Director of IT / Senior Developer
You’re a tech enthusiast with a passion for brilliant user interfaces and fast, scalable code. You’re driven to make great work, rock a healthy intolerance for the expected and thrive in a fast paced startup atmosphere.
As our first in-house software developer, this vital member of our founding team will wear many hats, have incredible room for professional growth, and have the opportunity to make a huge impact on our product and organization.
- Become the expert in our existing beta-ready platform and collaborate with outsourced development team (bay area) to prepare for launch.
- Post-launch, spearhead the transition from outsourced development to an in-house development team which you’ll head up as our lead developer.
- Own the code. Prioritize development initiatives and set timetables for evaluation, development, testing, and deployment.
- Further define and execute our mobile development strategy. Assist in the selection of the team or outsourced vendors.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior to further support the success of the business.
- Act as our technical spokesperson at tradeshows and industry events.
- Work closely with management to develop strategic alliances, raise capital, and communicate with the board of directors as needed.
- Have fun. Love what you do. Recognize that happiness is a choice and show up each day wildly committing to the success of our colleagues, customers, and business. With your participation, we’ll make Appointbook one of the most rewarding places to work on the planet.
- BS or MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, +5 years equivalent experience)
- Ability to deliver solid code quickly
- Creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Pro-active problem solver with strategic and analytical capabilities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, scrappy startup environment
- Self-driven, independent, with a healthy disrespect for the impossible
- Great at rallying a team to do the best work of their career
- Experience with CURL and third-party API integrations
Conscious Business Philosophy
As a Conscious Business, we intend to generate every form of value that matters: emotional, social, and financial. And we plan to make decisions out of love for all of our stakeholders, including employees, customers, investors, and the larger communities in which our business will participate. Not because it’s politically correct; because it’s the right thing to do and the ultimate path to long-term competitive advantage.
We want you to share in our success. As a key member of our founding team, you will receive equity compensation initially followed by monetary compensation post-funding. We believe your time is a precious resource and are committed to creating a workplace that inspires you to do the things that inspire you.