Philadelphia edu startup seeking tech talent
Apprennet LLC, the maker of LawMeets® and ApprenNet.com, is a startup company focused on SaaS delivery of interactive training and education. We build tools that allow educators and training professionals to create environments for their learners to interact with one another online in a unique way. This enriches our users’ learning experience by challenging them, allowing them to share their expertise and recognizing them for their accomplishments. Our mission is to construct the modern apprenticeship through social connection in the cloud.
We are a small startup comprised of a handful of talented, driven people committed to excellence. Learn more about our team here: http://www.apprennet.com/about
Who we’re looking for:
Your love for technology is channeled by your passion for great user experience. You demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Work well independently but relish the opportunity to collaborate with both the team and your network of other developers
- Creative thinking with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivation and rapid learning
- Attention to detail in all facets of work
Essential skills we need:
- Background with agile software development and testing processes
- 1-3 years of experience coding with open source tools. We believe in being flexible and choosing the right tools for the job. We currently use:
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML & CSS
- Amazon Web Services
Skills we’d also like:
- Web design experience with knowledge of usability best practices
- Experience with web video technologies
You’ll be working on designing and coding new features that make the application more convenient for end users, and more valuable to education and training professionals. Since we are a small team you will have the opportunity to get involved with many aspects of the company and your opinions and ideas will be an integral part of the product.
This is a full time position with competitive salary and benefits.
Interested persons should send a resume (including your GitHub page if available) and cover letter in response to this posting.