Apprio Inc. is supporting a custom developed budget tracking software application for a client within the Department of Veterans Affairs and is seeking a System Administrator to help provide system configuration, requirement specification, testing, training and Tier 3 issue resolution services. The budget tracking system is web-based and was developed by Apprio in Java using an Oracle database.
Previous functional experience with Federal budgeting, acquisitions, Federal construction and/or financial obligations is strongly preferred. Development experience is helpful, but not required. System analysis and testing experience, attention to detail, and strong customer support skills are more important.
Must be a US citizen. Active clearance is not required, but candidates must be able to obtain Public Trust Clearance once hired. Annual salary of $50K - $90K depending on experience.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Perform user account administration.
- Test, document, research and resolve system issues reported by customers.
- Test and perform system configuration changes affecting forms and approval/processing routing using a system configuration tool.
- Test and validate bug fixes and enhancements coded by the development team.
- Update user and system documentation as required to reflect system enhancements and configuration
- Work with clients and developers to translate requirements into detailed system designs for the development team.
- Assist VA OIT with functional regression testing of the application after new releases are deployed or when operating system/database patches are applied.
- Conduct distance learning training sessions via Live Meeting for VA staff 2-3 times a month.
- Position is based onsite at client offices in Washington, DC. No overnight travel required.
Required skills and experience:
- 1+ years of experience supporting web-based transactional applications.
- At least 4 years of experience working in a Tier 3 Help Desk or System Analysis role.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Employment contingent on successful completion of background check and ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance at the Public Trust level.
Desired skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of Federal Government budget or acquisitions practices strongly preferred.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Previous experience with other budget or financial systems (Oracle/PeopleSoft) or other federal government consulting extremely helpful.
- Customer service communication skills and attitude.
- Bachelors degree preferred.