APPS Paramedical Employee Reviews

Independent Contractor
Paramedical Examiner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
The order of your day is completely dependant upon the achievement of the capability of being able to configure a consistent schedule of potential insurance applicants. This can be challenging as to the schedule of the applicants aren't at all consistent and can be a hassle to schedule. This position is not recommended for the security of a full-time position. The best part of this position is the flexibility, but the worst part is the detailed paperwork and scheduling.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Obtaining enough work to maintain a household
like the hours ok great place
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 23, 2017
like the hours ok great place work your own hours. Dont have anything else to say its for an insurance company great work when you want
lots of freedom
INSURANCE EXAMINER (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 9, 2017
Great job if you love to travel and to be your own independent boss. get to meet lots of new people. the staff that you interact with are friendly and helpful.
fun work place
Paramedical Examiner/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  san DiegoMay 24, 2017
make own schedule work for company on your time. co workers are very easy to get along with everyone is very helpful couldn't ask for a better group of co workers.
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2017
The management team went above and beyond to make this job easy. They are caring, honest, and hard working. This business is owned by a family and they treat their examiners like family. Its an easy job where you create your own hours and have flexibility!
Pros
Flexibility, great management
Cons
hot during the summer months
Loved the job, but was not managed well.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 10, 2017
Unfortunately the manager was absent from work most of the time. Could not be reached by phone. The job in itself was great and I was disappointed that the doors were locked due to mishandling of company funds.
Pros
support from main office was great
Cons
poor manangement
Excllent employment
Porta-Medic, Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  East TXSeptember 18, 2016
Enjoy working with this company. Set your independent work load. Excellent communication with Dallas offices. Stress free employment, most enjoyable job I’ve ever had.
Pros
Well organized company. Stands behind examiner.
Cons
Some contact with un-cooperative clients about 2% of the time.
Great Flexibility
Examiner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 7, 2016
I worked with this company and felt fairly and adequately treated. I understood going in what was expected of me and what the company would provide. I do not understand why some have criticized the company; for me they lived up to their end of the contract and were fair in their treatment. I say A+ for APPS!
fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 5, 2016
Great job for anyone seeking time freedom and flexibility. Drive to client homes and preform blood draw, EKG, urine drug screens, and physical exam. No mileage paid usually within 20 mile radius. Work independently. have choose of work hours and days.
Nice to be able to choose your own hours
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 29, 2016
You could make your own schedule. Work independently. Hardest part of this job was all the paperwork and keeping it all straight.
Hassle free environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 22, 2015
Always busy so you never are not doing anything. I liked staying busy and everyday something new to learn. Scheduling appointments with Insurance Agents and getting to know them takes a little time, but with patients and confident they show you great respect.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks on job and only get 15 min lunches
Productive and a great place to work with friendly co-workers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 20, 2015
On a typical day at work I travel to clients homes to complete their life insurance policies. Normally the clients are very sweet and easy to get along with. I usually do not see my co-workers because I stay busy going to clients houses. I do talk to my co-workers at the office all the time over the telephone and they are very friendly and try to help me as much as possible. The managements are great as well, very helpful, friendly and understanding. I actually really enjoy working here. Its fun and not that hard to do as long as you complete your job responsibilities in a respectable time frame. This is the most enjoyable job I have ever had.
Very Flexible Schedule
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMarch 3, 2015
Very flexible schedule for someone who wants to travel at will. Pay very low and no pay raise when told they would get one. Management always complaining they can't afford employees. Work is easy if you can learn navigation on your own on a computer and have customer service knowledge.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
flexible schedule with autonomy
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2014
great flexibility, though communication could be better managed.
go to clients residence to perform a medical exam
Medical Examiner (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 1, 2014
a typical day at work would be to go to our clients homes record vitals perform venipunctures. Collect information such as medications, primary care physician, any medical procedure or surgeries or any medical problems. Obtain signatures for HIV consents and all personal information. Ive learned to create trust with our clients and establish good communication. The hardest part of my job would be the driving I rather stay in on
e place or office than having to be driving around. And the most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting different people everyday.
Hard to get good work because of other established examiners
Mobile Phlebotomist& Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 17, 2014
Good team to work with; Bought out another paramedical company; seems overwhelmed with work load. Communication skills need work.
Pros
Work own hours
Cons
New to territory..had established examiners; I get left over work
Work from home
Life Insurance Examiner (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 21, 2014
I like that I work from home and schedule my own clients. I can work anytime I want and any day I want. Management has bad communication skills and unorganized.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Unorganized
Similar to HHPortamedic. What I needed at the time.
Insurance Examiner (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 2, 2014
Very willing to assign as much work as you wanted, if the work was available. Flexible schedule. Worked from home, all co-worker interaction occurred over phone.
I got very good at preparing and executing an efficient schedule and learning how to make people of all walks of life comfortable with me being in their private homes.
Pros
changing scenery, flexible schedule.
Cons
income uncertain, gasoline expense high.
Outstanding learning experience
Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYDecember 3, 2013
Working here was an outstanding experience, I learned so much.
Fantastic Independant Career
Phlebotomist/Examiner (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 29, 2013
I enjoy being my own boss. Everyday is different and fulfilling. Helping people with their future plans.
Pros
scheduling my own days
Cons
not enough work