APPS Employee Reviews

Great
Paramedical Examiner, Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Lubbock County, TXOctober 20, 2016
Love doing this work. Gives me a sense that I truly am helping people. Great company to work for, fair, honest, easy to get along with everyone.
Great staff and very flexable
insurance medical examiner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2016
Good place to work lots of support from home office. Every one able and willing to pitch in and prompt return to all call and emails
Pros
able to make your own schedlue
Cons
not steady work
No chance of advancement
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, ILMay 18, 2016
The management is horrible. Office staff and supervisors are the rudest individuals I have ever spoke with in my 25 years of healthcare experience.
Pros
I love my patients'
Cons
No benefits, no advancements
small intimate setting
Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 3, 2016
lots of autonomy, flexible schedule out in the field.

8-5 Mon-Fri. Managed up to 42 examiners, Quality control. Ability to provide education to examiners on an as needed basis. Was chosen for this job because I am detailed oriented
Pros
flexiblity in schedule
Cons
no benefits
Enjoyable
Mobil Examiner (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting the clients, and being able to schedule my own hours. I have many years experience.
Pros
Being on m own
Cons
Using alot of gas
Flexibility in scheduling, and meeting new people.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2015
Loved the freedom of being out in the public, able to traverse around cities and meet new people. Scheduling was flexible. Allowed me to spend time with my children. Got the chance to meet great people.
Pros
Great flexibility.
Cons
Gas prices increased so this limited my ability to travel around often.
Typical Paramedical Company
Paramedical Examiner (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Typcial paramedical company. You are assigned clients, conduct the exam and send off the specimens and paperwork when you are finished.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Lack of Consistency with cases
productive and multi pace work
Brokerage Distribution Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 31, 2014
Assist with emails and phone calls from the agents and brokers on their needs they are requesting. Take care of reports and admistirative tasks.

I don't have a hard part of my day,but challenging with problem the brokers,branches, and agents may bring to my knowledge.
I mostly enjoy working with my coworkers assisting them on task or question they my have to better their knowledge.
Pros
management was very helpful
Cons
benefits not sufficient
Draw blood, collect urine sample, process paperwork, ekg
Mobile Phlebotomist/Examiner (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 5, 2014
Drive from client to client to draw blood, collect urine sample, saliva, and do EKG.

When done process the sample by completing paperwork and faxing to the office and centrifuging the blood sample and poor of the serum to its own tube.

Fed-ex samples to the proper lab they need to go to.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
independant contractor, no health benifits, no gas, extra miles on your car
I love doing this job, and my boss is awesome and great to work for
Examiner (Current Employee) –  Heidelberg, PAJanuary 23, 2014
APPS is the bomb. Great job. Love working for this company. They are informative, great communicators. They are human; yes my boss but they are human. I love working for this company. let me say it again I love working for this company. I enjoy draw blood and I am GREAT at my job. I contact clients, make appoints to meet them, fulfill my commitment, NEVER late, NEVER keep my clients waiting. I explain to client at appt setting conversation that if they find themselves running late it is OK, I would rather waite on them then have them wait on me. Always explain the procedure at the beginning of interview. Assure my client(s) is comfortable and happy with service before leaving and explain what they should expect in the step of the process.
Pros
freedom, mtg people, traveling
Cons
pay-but are we ever happy with our pay
outstanding company to work for
Phlebotomist/Examiner (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Apps is one of the leading Paramedical Services out there, not only are they professional but dedicated to their clientele and services.
Good for part time
Paramedical Examiner (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 28, 2013
The people that work in the office are great, but it took a long time to start . also you don't get enough clients to really make any money ,some people I go see it takes all of my pay just to drive there!! not a good job for a head of household!
My day at work
Paramedical Examiner (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 26, 2013
My day starts out at 9 am, I work independently from home I have my own office and a centrifuge to spin down the blood before I send to required laboratory. I have to make a schedule from day to day in regards to scheduling my clients and it all must be done in a timely manner.
There is nothing hard to this job and the part that I enjoy the most is my independence and working on my home.
Pros
The more clients you get that more you make and working independently.
Cons
Not having enough clients during the down time.
Awesome Job
PARAMEDICAL EXAMINER (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, PAAugust 23, 2013
It's an awesome job, I meet a lot of people, the hardest part of the job is getting through rush hour.I collect anywhere from just a urine to the full exam which is a computer exam, urine, blood & EKG.
Pros
I get me to a lot of great people
Cons
not enough work during the slow periods
A days work
Paramedical Examiner (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CADecember 7, 2012
a typical day at work starts off by being punctual to your appointments and showing strict confidentiality with the clients/patients. I have learned a lot about how to be very fast in my work and working safely with needles.
There's really not too much things that are hard about the job.
The most enjoyable thing is that you get to meet a lot of great people that are really just trying to change there community around them
Pros
meeting great people
Cons
finding and paying for parking in san francisco
Independant contractor
Paramedical Examiner (Current Employee) –  Woodmere, OHNovember 20, 2012
Love the variety of work. Staff is easy to work with. I don't like that the expenses are shifted to examiners. I love that there is complete freedom in scheduling work.
Pros
scheduling freedom
Cons
expenses shifted to examiners
good job
phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Heidelberg, PAJune 20, 2012
i go to peoples homes and give exams draw blood take urine i do vitals i centrifuge their blood i am starting ekgs this is a great job and i will keep it as a side job im a medical examiner yo get to meet lots of people
Pros
i can make my own schedule
Cons
lots of travel