APPS Employee Reviews

Daily workplace was very busy and detailed
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodmere, OHSeptember 12, 2017
My experience working at APPS was excellent. Busy and fast paced; and, very detailed. This was a franchise ownership and the owner sold the business and closed the office the year of 2012. I very much enjoyed working with APPS. I was a Case Manager and had the responsibility of scheduling medical examiners for insurance examinations for applicants. This required daily updates to track the schedule examination date with our examiners, completion and satisfaction of the examination and submission of the completed examination file to the insurance carrier.. Unfortunately this being a franchise ownership provided a lack of "job security." The most enjoyable part of this employment was the assistance and interaction with my co workers in the office and our examiners in the field.. . 5 Stars for all areas with this employer
Pros
The Best Emplorer
Cons
Owner retired
Excellent way to refine skills and meet people in your community
Supervising Examiner (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 27, 2017
great place to refine your skills as an independent contractor. work environment is wonderful. Great team that helps you every step of the way. Gives you a great education on the life insurance process and the steps clients take to obtain life insurance
flexibility is good but not much else.
Medical Examiner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
working for APPs was a mixed experience. Im great with customer service and I like helping others. the flexibility of making your own schedule is great. As a para med for apps you have to confirm the appointments of your clients the day before. and centrifuge and process the specimens for shipment the next day. if to processed within a day a late fee deduction is added. sometimes many clients no show you and change their minds . There are no benefits with this job, no security, and not even any over time payments.....
Pros
flexibility with schedule
Cons
no benefits, no over time, no security
Relaxing Atmosphere
Paramedical Examiner/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHJuly 4, 2017
I most enjoy that I make my own work schedule but have to do a lot of traveling. I have met a lot great people. I have learned that most people are very inviting and pleasant.
The management at APPS is incredible I have truly enjoyed working for APPS.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
No Benefits
decent
Examiner (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2017
its been ok, not so great since the buy out, they are not paying nearly a well and there is a lot of mis communication in t he office. But it ok for now.
I work as an independant contractor
American Para Professional Systems (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYMay 10, 2017
low payed position, accumulating excess mileage on your vehicle and burning gas all the time. the company do not pay extra for gas or mileage used daily.
Pros
able to wok alone
Cons
always worked outside in the field
Contractor to NASA. Provide critical role in facility security.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 1, 2017
Very enjoyable facility to work at. Positive supervisors with good opportunities for advancement along with lateral movement to other occupations within the company. Great staff.
Pros
Varying work hours, seniority based shift bids
Cons
The uniforms are provided at not cost. However they could be a nicer quality.
Worked as an independent contractor.
Paramedical Examiner/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bow, NHApril 2, 2017
I worked 6 days a week visiting clients in their homes and businesses for the purpose of collecting urine, blood and saliva specimens and documenting medical, social and family history. In doing this, I came to be familiar with many different medical conditions and medications.

The hardest part of my job was traveling in bad weather. Nevertheless, I enjoyed meeting so many people.
Pros
Met many interesting people.
Cons
The job required alot of driving.
Great
Paramedical Examiner, Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Lubbock County, TXOctober 20, 2016
Love doing this work. Gives me a sense that I truly am helping people. Great company to work for, fair, honest, easy to get along with everyone.
Great staff and very flexable
insurance medical examiner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2016
Good place to work lots of support from home office. Every one able and willing to pitch in and prompt return to all call and emails
Pros
able to make your own schedlue
Cons
not steady work
No chance of advancement
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, ILMay 18, 2016
The management is horrible. Office staff and supervisors are the rudest individuals I have ever spoke with in my 25 years of healthcare experience.
Pros
I love my patients'
Cons
No benefits, no advancements
small intimate setting
Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 3, 2016
lots of autonomy, flexible schedule out in the field.

8-5 Mon-Fri. Managed up to 42 examiners, Quality control. Ability to provide education to examiners on an as needed basis. Was chosen for this job because I am detailed oriented
Pros
flexiblity in schedule
Cons
no benefits
Enjoyable
Mobil Examiner (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting the clients, and being able to schedule my own hours. I have many years experience.
Pros
Being on m own
Cons
Using alot of gas
Flexibility in scheduling, and meeting new people.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2015
Loved the freedom of being out in the public, able to traverse around cities and meet new people. Scheduling was flexible. Allowed me to spend time with my children. Got the chance to meet great people.
Pros
Great flexibility.
Cons
Gas prices increased so this limited my ability to travel around often.
Typical Paramedical Company
Paramedical Examiner (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Typcial paramedical company. You are assigned clients, conduct the exam and send off the specimens and paperwork when you are finished.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Lack of Consistency with cases
productive and multi pace work
Brokerage Distribution Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 31, 2014
Assist with emails and phone calls from the agents and brokers on their needs they are requesting. Take care of reports and admistirative tasks.

I don't have a hard part of my day,but challenging with problem the brokers,branches, and agents may bring to my knowledge.
I mostly enjoy working with my coworkers assisting them on task or question they my have to better their knowledge.
Pros
management was very helpful
Cons
benefits not sufficient
Draw blood, collect urine sample, process paperwork, ekg
Mobile Phlebotomist/Examiner (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 5, 2014
Drive from client to client to draw blood, collect urine sample, saliva, and do EKG.

When done process the sample by completing paperwork and faxing to the office and centrifuging the blood sample and poor of the serum to its own tube.

Fed-ex samples to the proper lab they need to go to.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
independant contractor, no health benifits, no gas, extra miles on your car
I love doing this job, and my boss is awesome and great to work for
Examiner (Current Employee) –  Heidelberg, PAJanuary 23, 2014
APPS is the bomb. Great job. Love working for this company. They are informative, great communicators. They are human; yes my boss but they are human. I love working for this company. let me say it again I love working for this company. I enjoy draw blood and I am GREAT at my job. I contact clients, make appoints to meet them, fulfill my commitment, NEVER late, NEVER keep my clients waiting. I explain to client at appt setting conversation that if they find themselves running late it is OK, I would rather waite on them then have them wait on me. Always explain the procedure at the beginning of interview. Assure my client(s) is comfortable and happy with service before leaving and explain what they should expect in the step of the process.
Pros
freedom, mtg people, traveling
Cons
pay-but are we ever happy with our pay
outstanding company to work for
Phlebotomist/Examiner (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Apps is one of the leading Paramedical Services out there, not only are they professional but dedicated to their clientele and services.
Good for part time
Paramedical Examiner (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 28, 2013
The people that work in the office are great, but it took a long time to start . also you don't get enough clients to really make any money ,some people I go see it takes all of my pay just to drive there!! not a good job for a head of household!