AppStar Financial Employee Reviews in United States

"Appstar Financial Is The One Of The Best Company In US"
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Alaska, AKJune 14, 2016
Working at AppStar Financial has been a blessing for me. When I first started working for the company I was blown away how friendly my co-workers were. I also was greeted by the CEO of the company within the first couple of days of work. That was huge for me. I also like that AppStar Financial Hire's within the company to allow Current employee"s learn more about the Industry. I feel that my CEO is Brilliant.
Pros
Excellent, Excellent company, Great Bonus Structure, Flexible Schedule
Cons
-out side sales can be lonely, keep up the good work !
Appstar is a good solid company
Sales and Quality Control (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 8, 2016
They give you a great opportunity to generate a very good salary. Great people to work with and for
Very encouraging
Appstar financial, one can start their career according to their qualifying and experience.
Pros
Lot's of flexibility, great support and opportunity to make a lot of money, Work closely with management in the beginning, Owners are very understanding and very hands on with their business they are true leaders
Cons
this job takes a lot of hard work and dedication, if you have a drive you will be very successful with this company.
Working For Appstar Financial
Sales Consultants (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 2, 2016
I have been with AppStar nearly 9 years. The company has always treated me fairly and made me feel valuable. I have had opportunities to grow and advance in both my position and income. I truly feel like a part of the AppStar family. I am happy knowing that I can make a solid living in a very recession proof industry.
Pros
I have been with AppStar since they opened there doors and have made this my Career, Real Sales Jobs that deliver the goods on a daily basis, Compensation is really good plus the commission is nice, They give you a great opportunity to generate a very good salary Great environment to work, Excellent support to help with any questions that ever come up
Cons
The only Con I have is that you have to wake up before the roosters in the morning haha, but once you are in the office we have such a good time that all goes away.
"Product And Service's Manager"
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MO, USMay 31, 2016
I had worked with AppStar Financial full-timeĀ (More than 3 years)

-flexible schedule
-no cold calling required
-great leadership
-pre qualified appointments given daily
-great bonus structure
-able to build relationships with local businesses and owners
-lots of perks from the relationships with owners
Pros
They give you a great opportunity to generate a very good salary, they treat you like you are apart of the family, they value who you are and the work ethic you have and they take very good care of you in general.
Cons
Sales can be challenging! But very rewarding as well!
Dishonest company- beware
territory manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 21, 2016
I worked for AppStar for 2 weeks and found out the following
1) Preset appointments were not made, but those setting the appointments lied and had me go into a place where they had told them not to come. While they "promised" 2 appointments every day, I only got one and of those 80% were bogus (several were closed on the days that the appointments were made and several said they had hung up and told them not to come, not to bother them again.
2) quick start bonus not paid. They promise you a $50 bonus for every business where you can get the business to let you do an analysis of what they are paying for their credit card processing fees. This period of time is told to you as 3 days then extended to 5 when you start. I sent in 5 of these that qualified, but they only paid 2. I spent 2 months trying to get them to pay only to have them say that the manager had not spoken to the business, so they would not pay. This was never discussed or even mentioned. I had done the job that they had asked, but they would not pay out.
3) Every application they claim can be saved money, but they never speak specifically how as "they will be shopped". Turns out this is a technique to promise high,get the business to shift over to them, then charge the business whatever they choose.
4) they speak about a protected territory but then hire multiple people. In the hiring process they tell you about you having a protected territory, but after I was hired, I found out about one other in the training classes (they do several tele- trainings which they require you to attend) and one who was still
  more... there while I was working, who eventually left.

If you want to make money, they are very vague on getting paid. They suggest that you will make $500-750 per sale, but have a hard time even paying out the simple bonuses.

Use your judgement and protect your integrity if you choose to work for them
Pros
none I could find and I tried
Cons
very dishonest company
no comment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2016
I choose not to write a review about this company because it would be negative. Unfortunately there seems to be no option to opt out of reviewing the most recent company.
great place to be employed
Appointment Setter/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2015
merchant services . tele communications
great place to work
great work ethic
loved the hours
bosses and co workers got along well
and was willing to help when a question or help was needed
Pros
great commision plus salary, great work ethic, great hours
Cons
pay not great if bonus wasnt met
Fast paced and enjoyable enviorment
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Mesa, CAOctober 11, 2015
Clock in at 630 and hear the announcements the manager has on sales and appointments set for the day prior. Hop on the phone and smile and dial :)
Pros
Great work enviorment. Good opportunity for bonus.
I work from home, creating my own schedule.
Independent Client Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2015
A great company to work for. No static about your work schedule, allowing you to virtually run your own business. Supervisors are very helpful with sale related issues as well as providing a diverse sales culture one can draw from.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
100% commision
Quick to fire slow to improve
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2015
little pay in a very cut throat industry Merchant processing. employees are treated right but are quick to fire if objectives are not met.
The leads I was provided with were very often non productive.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, Mo.May 21, 2015
This is the first position I've held that was strictly commission based. The company was nice to work for but credit card processing sales is not for me.
Great money and payed holidays
Sales and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  san diegoMay 13, 2015
Appstar was a great company to work for, the appointment setting department pays really well. The management was good for the most part as long as you do your job.
Pros
payed holidays
Cons
no raises in the appointment setting department
Challenging industry
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2015
I grew a lot in this position. The company had a good business plan, but the industry is tough due to the competition, and consultants working on strictly commission is always tough
great opportunity for those who are very successful sales persons.
Local Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 3, 2014
a typical day is running appointments and develop personal relations with small to medium sized business to assist them in financial processing of visa/mastercard processing. The hardest part of the job is trying to get businesses to use AppStar equipment and services.
Pros
possibility to make a lot of money.
Seem Great To Me
Independent Merchant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth TxMay 13, 2014
Been With The Company For A Week And A Half And What's Funny To Me Is Most Merchants Do Get Upset But That's Only Because AppStar Promises To Lower Rates And Fees But Can Never Show The Merchant In Black And White How. I've Gotten To The Point Of Sale Where The Merchant Is Interested But We Promise Something We Cant Show On Paper. But In All I Was About To Quit Today And Throw In The Towel, I Had A Meeting At 10am Which The Guy Stood Me Up, Then Another At 12, He Was Mad And Wanted To Reschedule. To Remind You This Is How It Been All Week In A Half So I'm Like Really Fed Up At This Point And Told Myself Forget That Job. And Wasn't Going To Show Up To My 2:30pm. But I Swear I Got Like This Vibe Telling Me To Go And Give It My All. Hey What Do You Know I Got My First Sale Today And Feel Really Good. I Hope Its Plenty More To Go.

Oh And To The Guy Talking About They Don't Offer Gas Allowance.
Basically They Have A Program Called SELF-GEN, Which If You Were To Randomly Walk Into A Non-Appointed Merchants Business And Present Our Products To Them Then You'd Receive $50 Per Presentation So Hey 5 Self-Gens And That's A Easy 250 In Your Bank Account That Next Morning Trust Me I Do It Often.
Pros
being able to work the appstar
Cons
being affected by negativity others say about us
Appointments are scheduled for the sales professionals
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2014
A great job for those who like to work with little or no supervision. The sales team is first class and supports the sales teams in the field.
Pros
you get to manage your own schedule of appointments.
Cons
no benefits (outside contractor employee)
Not As Anticipated
Independent Merchant Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandJune 23, 2013
The "pre-set appointments" were not quality leads. I was made to believe the business owners were actually interested in the services, however that was not the case. I was an Independent Merchant Consultant for a month, and the vast majority of times the business owners were not there. If the owner was there, he/she rarely gave me time to talk. They always seemed disinterested and some even get mad at you. They complain that the tele-marketer who made the appointment was way too pushy, and wouldn't let them say no. When you arrive to the store, prepare to receive their frustration.

The worst part about it was having to call your manager every step of the way for updates. No matter how bad the appointment went, they would make you go back in and keep trying. It's very uncomfortable and somewhat unethical. I once spent an entire day in a dental office waiting to talk to the dentist in between patients. He was interested, but wanted to wait and think about it. My manager wouldn't accept that, so I had to sit and wait in there all day (despite the dentist saying he will definitely not sign up that day). It got to a point where the receptionist kept asking what I was still doing there. "You can't leave without signing him up!" I was told. They want the business owners to make fast decisions and sign up before they have time to think about it, so they're stuck in a lease they can't cancel (unless they pay $495).

I enjoy a work environment where the clients are legitimately interested and genuinely want your help. I was made to believe it was like that, but it was completely the
  more... opposite. Honest jobs in sales are sadly hard to come by these days. If you have a conscience, the job is not for you.  less
Pros
monday-friday schedule, free time & freedom in between appointments.
Cons
terrible practices, extremely pushy, put into uncomfortable situations frequently..
This company cost me more in time and gas than I ever made
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 7, 2013
Pushy credit card processor. Hired on internet. Trained on phone. sent out to meet with scheduled merchants.
Pros
i could take off for 2-4 weeks as i workded independently.
Cons
manager john on call. merchants slam phone down on him and ask me how i can work for the company.
sum what a fun place to work
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2013
hardest part of this job is to get customer to understand, that we are jus tryin to save them money and bring them more busniess
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
No Complaints
CLIENT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2013
I cannot make consistent income with AppStar. Preset appointments are sometimes good and some time horrible. Much travel involved and with high gas prices it is hurting my income. Management could not be better!! Excellent company and superior products and customer service