AppStar Financial

AppStar Financial Employee Reviews

Great money and payed holidays
Sales and Quality Control (Former Employee), san diegoMay 13, 2015
Pros: payed holidays
Cons: no raises in the appointment setting department
Appstar was a great company to work for, the appointment setting department pays really well. The management was good for the most part as long as you do your job.
Challenging industry
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 14, 2015
I grew a lot in this position. The company had a good business plan, but the industry is tough due to the competition, and consultants working on strictly commission is always tough
great opportunity for those who are very successful sales persons.
Local Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Boise, IDSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: possibility to make a lot of money.
a typical day is running appointments and develop personal relations with small to medium sized business to assist them in financial processing of visa/mastercard processing. The hardest part of the job is trying to get businesses to use AppStar equipment and services.
Seem Great To Me
Independent Merchant Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Worth TxMay 13, 2014
Pros: being able to work the appstar
Cons: being affected by negativity others say about us
Been With The Company For A Week And A Half And What's Funny To Me Is Most Merchants Do Get Upset But That's Only Because AppStar Promises To Lower Rates And Fees But Can Never Show The Merchant In Black And White How. I've Gotten To The Point Of Sale Where The Merchant Is Interested But We Promise Something We Cant Show On Paper. But In All I Was About To Quit Today And Throw In The Towel, I Had A Meeting At 10am Which The Guy Stood Me Up, Then Another At 12, He Was Mad And Wanted To Reschedule. To Remind You This Is How It Been All Week In A Half So I'm Like Really Fed Up At This Point And Told Myself Forget That Job. And Wasn't Going To Show Up To My 2:30pm. But I Swear I Got Like This Vibe Telling Me To Go And Give It My All. Hey What Do You Know I Got My First Sale Today And Feel Really Good. I Hope Its Plenty More To Go.

Oh And To The Guy Talking About They Don't Offer Gas Allowance.
Basically They Have A Program Called SELF-GEN, Which If You Were To Randomly Walk Into A Non-Appointed Merchants Business And Present Our Products To Them Then You'd Receive $50 Per Presentation So Hey 5 Self-Gens And That's A Easy 250 In Your Bank Account That Next Morning Trust Me I Do It Often.
Appointments are scheduled for the sales professionals
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: you get to manage your own schedule of appointments.
Cons: no benefits (outside contractor employee)
A great job for those who like to work with little or no supervision. The sales team is first class and supports the sales teams in the field.
Not As Anticipated
Independent Merchant Consultant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandJune 23, 2013
Pros: monday-friday schedule, free time & freedom in between appointments.
Cons: terrible practices, extremely pushy, put into uncomfortable situations frequently..
The "pre-set appointments" were not quality leads. I was made to believe the business owners were actually interested in the services, however that was not the case. I was an Independent Merchant Consultant for a month, and the vast majority of times the business owners were not there. If the owner was there, he/she rarely gave me time to talk. They always seemed disinterested and some even get mad at you. They complain that the tele-marketer who made the appointment was way too pushy, and wouldn't let them say no. When you arrive to the store, prepare to receive their frustration.

The worst part about it was having to call your manager every step of the way for updates. No matter how bad the appointment went, they would make you go back in and keep trying. It's very uncomfortable and somewhat unethical. I once spent an entire day in a dental office waiting to talk to the dentist in between patients. He was interested, but wanted to wait and think about it. My manager wouldn't accept that, so I had to sit and wait in there all day (despite the dentist saying he will definitely not sign up that day). It got to a point where the receptionist kept asking what I was still doing there. "You can't leave without signing him up!" I was told. They want the business owners to make fast decisions and sign up before they have time to think about it, so they're stuck in a lease they can't cancel (unless they pay $495).

I enjoy a work environment where the clients are legitimately interested and genuinely want your help. I was made to believe it was like that, but it was completely the opposite. Honest jobs in sales are sadly hard to come by these days. If you have a conscience, the job is not for you.
This company cost me more in time and gas than I ever made
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Loveland, COJune 7, 2013
Pros: i could take off for 2-4 weeks as i workded independently.
Cons: manager john on call. merchants slam phone down on him and ask me how i can work for the company.
Pushy credit card processor. Hired on internet. Trained on phone. sent out to meet with scheduled merchants.
sum what a fun place to work
Appointment Setter (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
hardest part of this job is to get customer to understand, that we are jus tryin to save them money and bring them more busniess
No Complaints
CLIENT CONSULTANT (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2013
I cannot make consistent income with AppStar. Preset appointments are sometimes good and some time horrible. Much travel involved and with high gas prices it is hurting my income. Management could not be better!! Excellent company and superior products and customer service
Nice job, very professional
Transaction Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: have very atractive commissions structure and bonus
Cons: too long for get pay, need from the company up front comissions for balance
You need a budget to start working there, because you spent in cel phone, gas for the car, lunch etc. Visiting prospects and you get paid your closing business the last week of the next month.

There you can earn really good money if you are dedicated, but take time until you start raising your customer wallet.
I am my own business owner so it's nice to have my own schedule
Transaction Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 16, 2012
Pros: i am my own boss and control my schedule
Cons: no benefits and no gas compensation
Because I am able to make my own hours it is nice to be able to work for this company. The draw backs are that it's a completely commission based company and I need something a little more secure.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2012
Pros: more time for important things
Cons: no healthcare
time management and independence