AppStar Financial Employee Reviews

AppStar is high turn over
Sales Agents (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2017
The support for new business leaves you constantly looking when promised leads for new business. Third party vendors make working a nightmare of constant phone calls. The overpromised and compromised delivery makes new business difficult to even achieve. The stress was too much and no support for base pay.
Pros
Cons
You use all your resources then get paid late and no per diem
interesting field
Independent Merchant Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 9, 2017
Cold Calling is the basis for this job. I learned about a new industry. It can be a difficult sale for the customer. You will not see management but they will help as needed to help close the deal.
Home away from home
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2016
Whenever I walk into work its like walking into my second home. I didn't think there was a company that would make me feel this comfortable. I love it here.
Pros
Management, and Executive's are really envloved in contributing towards the individaul as much as the team.
Cons
No cons
Great Workplace Full of Wonderful People
Staff Accountant/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2016
I worked with the underwriting team and accounting team and had a great experience. Fast paced environment full of people who want to thrive and flourish
Pros
Awesome Environment
Appstar
Client Consultant (Current Employee) –  Guilford, CTSeptember 6, 2016
to win you must be soft and hard.

you must be free but disciplined .

you must be friendly and accretive.

driving to locations are part of the job.
Self Manage Job
Independent Contractor- Client Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92123August 23, 2016
Great company where you can manage yourself and you can make as much money as you want to put in the work, managers help you close on deals nd are always willing to help
Management is Great/Training Great
Outside B2B Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2016
I had a wonderful manager that worked with me as I was new to sales and he helped me close a deal on my second day! The training was ongoing to help us succeed and I enjoyed my short time with the company
"Appstar Financial Is The One Of The Best Company In US"
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Alaska, AKJune 14, 2016
Working at AppStar Financial has been a blessing for me. When I first started working for the company I was blown away how friendly my co-workers were. I also was greeted by the CEO of the company within the first couple of days of work. That was huge for me. I also like that AppStar Financial Hire's within the company to allow Current employee"s learn more about the Industry. I feel that my CEO is Brilliant.
Pros
Excellent, Excellent company, Great Bonus Structure, Flexible Schedule
Cons
-out side sales can be lonely, keep up the good work !
Appstar is a good solid company
Sales and Quality Control (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 8, 2016
They give you a great opportunity to generate a very good salary. Great people to work with and for
Very encouraging
Appstar financial, one can start their career according to their qualifying and experience.
Pros
Lot's of flexibility, great support and opportunity to make a lot of money, Work closely with management in the beginning, Owners are very understanding and very hands on with their business they are true leaders
Cons
this job takes a lot of hard work and dedication, if you have a drive you will be very successful with this company.
Working For Appstar Financial
Sales Consultants (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 2, 2016
I have been with AppStar nearly 9 years. The company has always treated me fairly and made me feel valuable. I have had opportunities to grow and advance in both my position and income. I truly feel like a part of the AppStar family. I am happy knowing that I can make a solid living in a very recession proof industry.
Pros
I have been with AppStar since they opened there doors and have made this my Career, Real Sales Jobs that deliver the goods on a daily basis, Compensation is really good plus the commission is nice, They give you a great opportunity to generate a very good salary Great environment to work, Excellent support to help with any questions that ever come up
Cons
The only Con I have is that you have to wake up before the roosters in the morning haha, but once you are in the office we have such a good time that all goes away.
"Product And Service's Manager"
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MO, USMay 31, 2016
I had worked with AppStar Financial full-timeĀ (More than 3 years)

-flexible schedule
-no cold calling required
-great leadership
-pre qualified appointments given daily
-great bonus structure
-able to build relationships with local businesses and owners
-lots of perks from the relationships with owners
Pros
They give you a great opportunity to generate a very good salary, they treat you like you are apart of the family, they value who you are and the work ethic you have and they take very good care of you in general.
Cons
Sales can be challenging! But very rewarding as well!
Dishonest company- beware
territory manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 21, 2016
I worked for AppStar for 2 weeks and found out the following
1) Preset appointments were not made, but those setting the appointments lied and had me go into a place where they had told them not to come. While they "promised" 2 appointments every day, I only got one and of those 80% were bogus (several were closed on the days that the appointments were made and several said they had hung up and told them not to come, not to bother them again.
2) quick start bonus not paid. They promise you a $50 bonus for every business where you can get the business to let you do an analysis of what they are paying for their credit card processing fees. This period of time is told to you as 3 days then extended to 5 when you start. I sent in 5 of these that qualified, but they only paid 2. I spent 2 months trying to get them to pay only to have them say that the manager had not spoken to the business, so they would not pay. This was never discussed or even mentioned. I had done the job that they had asked, but they would not pay out.
3) Every application they claim can be saved money, but they never speak specifically how as "they will be shopped". Turns out this is a technique to promise high,get the business to shift over to them, then charge the business whatever they choose.
4) they speak about a protected territory but then hire multiple people. In the hiring process they tell you about you having a protected territory, but after I was hired, I found out about one other in the training classes (they do several tele- trainings which they require you to attend) and one who was still
  more... there while I was working, who eventually left.

If you want to make money, they are very vague on getting paid. They suggest that you will make $500-750 per sale, but have a hard time even paying out the simple bonuses.

Use your judgement and protect your integrity if you choose to work for them
Pros
none I could find and I tried
Cons
very dishonest company
no comment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2016
I choose not to write a review about this company because it would be negative. Unfortunately there seems to be no option to opt out of reviewing the most recent company.
B2B sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 11, 2015
Lots of prospecting for new business. Learned quick strategies to get to the decision makers and make presentations. Hardest part is it was a numbers game and lots of no's but learned tactics to make sales.
great place to be employed
Appointment Setter/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2015
merchant services . tele communications
great place to work
great work ethic
loved the hours
bosses and co workers got along well
and was willing to help when a question or help was needed
Pros
great commision plus salary, great work ethic, great hours
Cons
pay not great if bonus wasnt met
Fast paced and enjoyable enviorment
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Mesa, CAOctober 11, 2015
Clock in at 630 and hear the announcements the manager has on sales and appointments set for the day prior. Hop on the phone and smile and dial :)
Pros
Great work enviorment. Good opportunity for bonus.
I work from home, creating my own schedule.
Independent Client Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2015
A great company to work for. No static about your work schedule, allowing you to virtually run your own business. Supervisors are very helpful with sale related issues as well as providing a diverse sales culture one can draw from.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
100% commision
Quick to fire slow to improve
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2015
little pay in a very cut throat industry Merchant processing. employees are treated right but are quick to fire if objectives are not met.
The leads I was provided with were very often non productive.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, Mo.May 21, 2015
This is the first position I've held that was strictly commission based. The company was nice to work for but credit card processing sales is not for me.
Great money and payed holidays
Sales and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  san diegoMay 13, 2015
Appstar was a great company to work for, the appointment setting department pays really well. The management was good for the most part as long as you do your job.
Pros
payed holidays
Cons
no raises in the appointment setting department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AppStar Financial. Our community is ready to answer.