Apria Healthcare

Apria Healthcare Employer Reviews

very long days
Clinical Service Technician (Former Employee), nashvilleJuly 7, 2014
Pros: being away from the office
Cons: speed controlled trucks
long hours,mean people,good pay. orders never stop coming. routes always change
Apria was a new experience for me.
Billing Representative (Former Employee), Machesney Park, ILJuly 5, 2014
I would recommend this place place to work, especially the DME part of the billing center.
n/a
Special Projects/Patient Transition Specialist (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 3, 2014
Tell us about:
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Rate this company
Patient Relations Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: huge leader in the industry.
Cons: sometimes poor customer service.
Apria Healthcare is an overall leader in its industry one of the best companies I've ever worked for.
Hectic workload and excellent coworkers.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 1, 2014
Pros: most excellent supervisor.
Cons: it's a corporation.
Work days were full with 4 to 6 patients seen each day. Learned how to manage working independently and deal with all types of equipment. I had great coworkers and a great supervisor but had things corporate required that did not always help with our workload.
That made the job frustrating and often more difficult.
Loved being able to help people stay – more... out of hospitals and live healthier at home. Especially those requiring home ventilators. – less
fun work place
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 29, 2014
collection rep.
work with patient claim for equipment. when the claim denied,spoke wiht the insurance company to figure things out.
Overall Management very good
Director of Logistics (Former Employee), VariousJune 27, 2014
Pros: organized company with great training
Cons: changes to senior management every 3 to 5 years
Organized company with goals communicated to all emloyees. A great deal of opportunity for those employees that worked hard and did thier job. Excellent training programs, compensation very good for most positions.
Local branch has horrible management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), South TexasJune 27, 2014
Cons: 24/7 call, no back up, low wages
Local management treats employees disrespectfully and gossips about everyone.
favoriteism bad
Suspended Biller Representative (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 24, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: management is a joke
If you don't kiss azz your no good at this company.no more to tell enough said
job
Recurring Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), TempeJune 19, 2014
Could not ask questions about the job, how to perform the duties that were required.
Fast paced
Medicare Collector (Former Employee), Minster, OHJune 17, 2014
A typical day was always busy. Start with running reports, check guests out and then help house keepers with cleaning.

My co-workers were young usually students but fun to be around. the hardest part was leaving when they sold the business.
Fast paced environment, busy but rewarding
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 13, 2014
Pros: rewarding feeling
Cons: always short handed made busy work days
Typical day was always busy didn't seem to have enough hours in the day to make deadlines and time windows. Every delivery was critical because it was a matter of life or death for most cases. But rewarding when all worked as a team to make delivery happen. Loved working directly with people and improving the quality of life.
Hardest part was that it – more... was a 24 hr job and could get called in for emergency at a moments notice. Management was great and offered a lot of support – less
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTJune 12, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: department closed
Worked as a customer service rep. answered up to 80 calls a day. I learned that being unhealthy and needing medical services can be very frustrating. I got along very well with the management and co-workers it was a good atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is when a family member call and say that someone has passed and do not need our services. – more... The most enjoyable part is going to work and being able to help people everyday. – less
If you have experience and a good work history. Don't waste your time here
Billing (Current Employee), Overland Park KSJune 11, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: to many to list
They blame the employees for the turn over and expect us to keep it down. The management and upper management is horrible. They hire young, nieve workers so they don't have to pay them as much as an experienced worker. If you think 12.00 hr is good hey this is your job, because you don't know any better. A 2000.00 deductible that pays 70/30 is not good – more... insurance. But these youngsters don't know that, so that is who they are hiring. Their expectations are absolutely rediculous and the supervisors are idiots. If you have something to say about the way they do things or have a suggestion on how they should improve it. Don't say anything they just look at you and tell you it's not going to change. Then you become a target to these Trunchables. The company is firing supervisors and down sizing left and right. You just don't know if you'll have a job tomorrow.
Maybe if they would hire quality employees instead of hiring inexperienced low payed kids they may be able to make it in the Black. But that would take someone smart to figure that out.
Sure they have telecommuting, if you can reach their exagerated expectations. Only the few selected by supervisors get to telecommute or you have to figure out a way to cheat to make it.
No pay increases either. – less
Cares about employees
Billing Representative (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNJune 10, 2014
Pros: friendly and family oriented
Cons: working saturdays for the month ends
We worked as a team and individual. If someone was out for the day our whole team pitched in to help that person out with their work load so they worked was processed that same day.
We would do pot lucks and everyone's desk was decorated for their birthday. We were able to talk to each other through out the day and we still got our job done.
I would – more... still be at this company if corporate had not shut this billing center down. – less
Account payable
Accounts Receivable Rep (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 7, 2014
Pros: meeting quota and getting bonus
Cons: short break and short lunch
Claims, calling other agency to see when payment would be made.
Small department, co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was not knowing the different systems. The systems was old and needed to be updated.
Great job
Collections Representative (Current Employee), Jackson, TNJune 3, 2014
Apria is a nice place to work. It's been a great job opportunity.
Every day was a busy day at Apria
Customer Qualification Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 2, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: time off was limited
A typical day at Apria was always busy. Qualifying patients for hospital discharges in a timely manner (two hours window); we had over 20 discharges coming in. I had to qualify patients under Medicare guidelines and make sure we were compliant so we can dispense equipment ordered (O2, Enteral, Hospital Beds, etc.). I always had a clean close day and – more... my follow ups worked. – less
Apria Healthcare
LCE Specialist (Current Employee), tempe, AZMay 30, 2014
a typical day working in this department is takeing roughly 40-50 calls in a normal work shift, hours are only swing shift and graveyard, but not bad for people that enjoy this shift, work is easy to do, kind of a learning curve for some people but rather easy to pick up, hardest part would have to be the customers calling in that are very upset, managment – more... is good for the most part in this department, understanding and try accomedate your schedule as best they can. – less
Great place to work and move up in the company!
Customer Quality Specialist Team Lead (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits, room for promotions, awesome management
Apria is a great place to work. No matter where you start out, you are able to move up and in the right direction very quickly if you want to. Management is very willing to work with you, and they want you to succeed. Extensive training is given to new hires, and also while you work there to keep up on new advancements within the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Apria Healthcare

When an apple a day doesn't keep the illness away, perhaps Apria Healthcare Group can help. With about 540 branches nationwide, – Read more

Apria Healthcare Photos