Apria Healthcare

Apria Healthcare Employee Reviews

Good people. Listened to driver's concerns.
Delivery Driver/Patient Service Tech (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good people.
Cons: Sometimes had to operate truck with no A.C.
Retrieved route, prepared route. Inspected truck. Prepared proper documentation for ADOT,FDA. Loaded truck with necessary equipment. Acquired LOX. Proceeded to deliveries.
ok
Branch Coordinator (Current Employee), Keene, NHAugust 24, 2015
Pros: pay - decent
Cons: good is never good enough
Took care of "walk in" concerns, schedule appointments for RT, follow up with MD offices for correct documentation to process orders. Provide replacement tanks for walk in oxygen patients, track down documentation to resolve suspended billing issues. Co-workers are all very nice. In my opinion, management not consistant - told procedure about how to handle all situations and then it seems to change. Hard part is how we end up re working orders.
Apria Healthcare
Branch Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Portland OregonAugust 24, 2015
Great Place to work..very fast paced environment. Always have something to do. Getting paid to take of people who really appreciate the services rendered.
nothing good comes when there's medicare cuts
Territory Manager (Former Employee), PAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: time off
Cons: too many to list
just keeps getting worse and sales salaries cut in half plus harder to hit your numbers because point value for o2 has been reduced... again.
NOT A JOB TO PROGRESS IN OR CAREER
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 13, 2015
Pros: A PAYCHECK
Cons: Unprofessional, unorganized and no consistency
Apria Healthcare is one of the most unorganized, unprofessional places I have worked for. The company is suppose to help and service patients but they are all about making MONEY. As a customer service rep, I had to speak with patients who were constantly complaining about how horrible Apria was and they never had problems with any other DME companies. When I voiced the patients concerns to supervisors, they would say they did not care or I even had had a manager to tell me verbatim to LIE to a patient to get them off the phone. I was so unhappy in the entire process and did not feel like I was ever helping anyone or mattered as a employee.
It Pays the bills
Patient service technician (Current Employee), Midvale, UTAugust 12, 2015
I have been waiting two years for a promotion i was "promised". I enjoyed most of the people i worked with but I do not agree with the upper management.
great workplace with positive employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 7, 2015
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: not much opportunity for advancement.
A typical work day consist of working with customers to ensure that need for medical equipment is met. I learned a lot about medicare and medical insurances needed to have medical supplies covered. I was on the phone and computer multitasking during 8 work shift. Management had an open door policy where you can go in and speak to about any problems. Co-workers were great in assisting when needed. The hardest part of my job was telling someone we couldn't take their supply order as supplies were not covered through insurance. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting patients whom could not live without such supplies and knowing I made a difference.
Apria
Billing rep (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 6, 2015
Lots of work and you have to be good with directions changing constantly since this is a Healthcare field. Chances to have excellent benefits. Updated technology. Certain leads and supervisors are great to work under.
Friendly People
Customer Qualification Specialist/Travel (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Dress Casually
Cons: Healthcare
I enjoy working with my co-workers they are all friendly and personable and have great optimistic personalities willing to help or answer questions.
It is all about the numbers, error rates and numbers
I grew with knowledge and what every department does and their main focus and learning as the company implements new things.
It is a very high stress job and more than expected with a fast growing company.
na
Customer service (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 25, 2015
Call center job. Very stressfull with no managment support. No information provided to help assist clients.....No equipment training on the equipment we had to sell and help support.
a good way to earn a fairly descent pay check
Service Technician (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: patients who are needy and hard too pleasetime
A fairly good place to work. Provides 8 to 5 working hours with some overtime at times. You will have on call time monthly which can be irritating, it only gets worse when the load of work means getting home late. the fellow co- workers can be tight knit but there will always be that one or two individuals who are only for self and not the team. Management was fair and kept the office and work levels at a reasonable balance, no power trips and kept in tuned to everyone's needs. overall with paid holidays and some off time when needed, Apria can be a good place to make a descent check, you will not get rich. but you can be comfortable.
Each Branch has a different atmosphere, co-workers are usually excellent
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee), South Bend, INJuly 21, 2015
Pros: coworkers, corporate communictation
This company was excellent in the industry a few years ago. Today management and employees are undermanned and customer service is sub-par. The pay and raises are not exciting I worked a lot of hours but I liked my job, when I was working full time was controlled but plentiful. The company makes a huge effort in hiring and supporting our veterans as well as employees looking for higher education.
National Company
Customer Quality Specialist (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Stability, benefits, pay
Cons: Work load, overtime requirements
Typical day of work involved fielding more than 100 calls per day without any opportunity to complete other assigned tasks with no opportunity for advancement. Worked generally 8am - 5pm and most weekends. Most enjoyable part of this job was working in and with other departments and expanding my scope of knowledge. Direct report managers were generally very organized and good, however were limited in what they could provide as far as career advancement and upper level management was difficult to work with. Lots of co worker infighting added to stress levels along with negative reinforcement training atmosphere.
Hostile Work Environment with Negitive Non-Supportive Management
Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2015
Pros: None as they no longer even help towards your 401k unless they make a profit.
Cons: Forced to work overtime.
This companies overall directive is about as low as it can get and yet is still spiraling downward. Management knows directive and work load is awful and yet they just keep pouring on more. If you want to work under high stress levels with no rewards, this is the job for you. This company has no compassion for it's customers and is all about the share holder profit. Please stay away from this company if you value your health.
Customer Service Expert with cultural sensitivity for international work with BPO.
Outsource Vendor Specialist (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 15, 2015
Pros: International Travel
Cons: Company Health Plan
I enjoy working with company business process owners and multiple off shore vendors in multiple countries ensuring corporate goals are met.
Hostile Enviroment
Branch Coordinator (Current Employee), Augusta GAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Management
Very uncomfortable place to work right now with the new management that is in place at the local branch there in Augusta GA
Fast paced and team oriented
Customer Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Cromwell, CTJuly 14, 2015
I learn new skills eachday. I find great joy in assisting patience to ensure a pleasant and seamless experience and interaction with Apria.
Very good place to work
Revenue Support Trainer (Current Employee), Jackson, TNJuly 14, 2015
A typical day at work might be training a class for customer service. Working on training materials and enterprise projects
Customer Qulity Specialist (Current Employee), Littleton , CoJuly 13, 2015
Pros: To always give my best to all I do...
Cons: To make sure that my job is finished sucessefully at the end of the day.
My typical day at work is very organized.

1. I log in to all my window programs.

2. Log in to my phone system .

Every day is different with my work. the most exciting part of my day that I learn is how people are all different. I note down what and how I can make a change or defusing a problem.

Management staff at my company is not around most of the day, due to meetings and training.

My co- workers are all about team work.

The hardest part of my job would be leaving work and worrying about patients not getting there oxygen or good service .

The most enjoyable part of my job would be knowing that I have done all I can for a patient at the end of my day.
Clerk (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJuly 12, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: the amount of temps in and out of the office
Great staff!!! Very nice to work for people that would work around my school schedule. The people I have made friends with during my five years are still in contact with me cheering me on.
Headquarters