Apria Healthcare Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work, but I feel like an adult babysitter
Customer Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2017
Not a bad place to work, however the associates are not that great. A lot of virtual employees, including management . Needs some structure, but what call center does not.
Productive, Flexible
Lead Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2017
Consistent work load. Good education and/or training. Caring and compassionate immediate management. Nothing bad to say. Very much enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
At one time, outsourced my position
Medical
Customer Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed helping patients the most and i love working from home, The job is fast paced and hard. Raises are given to everyone whether they deserve it or not. there is no annual raises.
Pros
work from home, casual wear in office, benefits
Cons
no annual pay raises or advancements in career
You'll love working for Apria
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 16, 2017
Team environment makes this company a pleasure to work for. Great training and happy coworkers. I learned there are many ways of getting the information needed to do the work at hand. For me it was a wonderful place to walk into every day.
Pros
Benefits, happy coworkers, training
Short Term
Correspondence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 15, 2017
This medical company provided a great home health service to many customers. I enjoyed working with various medical agencies arranging and providing the available services as appropriated.
Very stressful and cut throat
Customer Quality Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 15, 2017
I loved my manager and his upper level management. I found that the benefits and pay were not worth staying - also did not like shift bidding as we were not told about this prior to hire. Otherwise, a nice, casual environment but high paced and stressful. benefits cost much too much.
Pros
Management - fair and awesome
Cons
health insurance and cost
Productive and ok place to work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2017
The Job is very stressful and fast paced and things are always changing or being added but I have learned alot about collections. The workplace culture is very family oriented my coworkers there treat you like family.
Cons
High deductible insurance
very busy work place
Customer Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 12, 2017
this place call volume is so busy that no time for fun here, we cant help our peers we have to get help by way IM by way of email it has metric to meet
Great place to get experience but no way to advance
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaOctober 10, 2017
After working for many years here there is little to no way to advance either in job position or pay. Raises we far in between, about 2 raises in those 6 years. Typical day are Pap Setups, ONO Capnography testing, troubleshooting all equipment, being in charge of all invasive and non invasive patient files and scheduling Vent checks and PM Due Vents for exchange. Coordinate all patient discharge vent setups from the hospital, including instructions for all family and nursing staff on use of all equipment. Management changes all the time and so does the direction of the company. Hardest part of the job is the on-call that you would have to split with other RTs at the branch, if there is only one other RT at the branch it looks like you will be On-Call half the year 24/7. The job is very stressfull with Money being the main motivator for management, so look foward to constant feedback from management for scheduling of testing for oxygen and NIV. The best part of the job is just being able to get a 401k and getting vacation time once you are a full time employee.
Cons
Constant pressure to do more
Cool Job
Customer Service/Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 10, 2017
Good place to work if you are independent and self motivated- worked from home for 18 months- position can be stressful. People discharge the hospital in need of O2 and sometimes its not possible for same day delivery for various reasons. Must have tough skin
Not a company I can refer to anyone.
Customer Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 10, 2017
Not a company I can refer to anyone. Company culture is a witch hunt mentality. As long as a person can point the finger at someone else they will keep it off of themselves.
Good people poor management
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 10, 2017
The changes implemented to save the company its bottom line hurts the customers and the workers. Having too many chiefs and not enough indians is probably the biggest drawback second to the poor communications between supervisors.
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Lunches
Great
Driver (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 4, 2017
No complains great place to work nice co-workers very loving! really enjoy working here has and is a great experience customers are nice work place safe and relaxing.
fast paced
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 4, 2017
the people at the branch in Bethlehem,pa were like family and worked well together on a daily,monthly and yearly basis. Management at branch level was out standing but the hardest part of the job was dealing with Medicare cuts which pretty much controlled the business and would affect the companies bottom line, therefore,the company would be forced to make changes pretty much on a yearly basis.
Pros
Loved the work force
Cons
hated the yearly changes
Sinking ship with no lifeboats
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 1, 2017
They work you to death and don't pay overtime. There is no job security. One year they laid off the entire IT department and outsourced the work to India. They have no soul, only care about money. Every year, days before Thanksgiving or Christmas they lay off 100's of people across the US. This is while they are having Medicare claims being processed in the Philippines and India. Not just claims are being done offshore, but patients orders are being entered into the system from offshore, again by India and the Philippines while poor people like me sit here unemployed.
Pros
Cons
Their truck drivers are the nicest people you have ever met. The clients love them.
Very fast paced.
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 29, 2017
lots of work but no way to alleviate it if it gets too much. Great for those who love overtime. Bad for new families who need consistent hours so they can be at home
Pros
as much work as you'd like
Cons
more work than you'd like
Work History
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Excellence company to work for , Great benefits, fast past, I learned to verify Insurance, Billing and Collections , Worked on had with the Referrals Sources
Stressfull
Manager of Financial ad Operations (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 28, 2017
It was very difficult to correct actions with some staff that was caught stealing. Upper management went along with them in order to keep the issues quiet
Pros
People
Cons
Very little management support
Productive and I learn something new everyday
Branch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GASeptember 27, 2017
It can be stressful at times because it is customer service and it a place where there are life saving equipment. I am learning a lot about the Medical field and what is required.
Pros
The environment
Cons
Sometimes there is a lack of communication
poor place to work
DME Technician and delivery (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 27, 2017
my opinion on anything wasn't valid supervisor wasn't helpful and filed false acussations on me and Apria lost. my behalf was poor judgement to have looked for employment with Apria.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apria Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7