Apria Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Exciting Company with a culture of change
Manager (Current Employee) –  NCJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work is full of new and exciting challenges. With the healthcare industry changing and facing strong headwinds, only those with fore-sight and the nimbleness to readjust quickly will be left standing.

Apria has a great leadership team and has taken steps to position itself as a leader in the industry - it's a pleasure to work with such a great group of people.
Pros
Direct Management far exceeded expectations
Cons
Opressive Changes to the industry results in diminshed patient care
Terrible company to work for
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 16, 2016
Billing manager and supervising staff show no professionalism, they are never available to help out or ask questions. Apria does not hand out raises every year and insurance coverage seems to get worse every year.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No raises, no management support
Great Organization and Leadership!
Branch Manager Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 16, 2016
Best work experience of my career over the past 10 years. Rock solid leadership and excellent work environment. As a Branch Manager and business leader, and by developing our branch team, we were able to produce record revenue and profit margin over the years. Truly enjoyed the business relationships developed with our local sales and operations team, our company executive leadership team, and both the referrals and patients that we touched each day.
Pros
Compensation, Leadership, Rewarding, Focused Goals
Cons
Industry headwinds from a reimbursement perspective cost jobs
busy lots of driving
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 12, 2016
gone from home with lots of work and driving. great to meet and talk to patients. hardest part of the job was going back to a patient that just ahd passed to pick up the equipment.
Productive Place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2016
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST

* Delivered customer service and product information to potential and existing clients for company providing home respiratory services and medical equipment to home care patients.

* Employed a consultative sales approach when assisting customers to assess needs and determine product and service solutions.

* Ensured coordination of care through the documentation of referral requests and paperwork completion.
My first healthcare experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2016
I worked 12 years for Apria healthcare and really worked my way up in the company with simply hard work ethics. I held many roles such as collections rep, quality assurance coordinator, patient care rep, and my last position account executive. During my time with Apria I learned to self preservation. The reason I say this is because I watched a lot of my colleagues bend, break, and ultimately quit or move on because of the culture that Apria produced. I worked for some really good people but also some not so good people to put it nicely. The hardest part of working for Apria is that they were always changing policy and procedures which in return made customer service for their customers a very poor part of their business. It was all about how to save a buck even if it meant cutting cost from employees or taking away services from customers. The part I enjoyed most was the success that I had in being able to move up in the company and make more money.
Pros
Good experience with medical equipment
Cons
turnover and cuts to the company
I was very Eager and excited to learn something new
Professional Medical Coding Externship (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 8, 2016
Entering Patient information into the computer all day, Great Lunch delivery services, There was no hard part to this job except that my time and effort was for free, at time of the end of my externship they had no available positions, however seems like it would've been a great place to work for.
Pros
great vendors
Cons
no compensation
Learned more about Durable Medical Equipment
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 5, 2016
not such a great company to work for. no chance to advance. The opportunity to learn about DME. The hours were horrible and not willing to work with you concerning work hours for school.
work place was a joy
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 2, 2016
enjoyed coming to work, co-workers were very helpful, learned a lot regarding health insurance coverage and medicare coverage. answering high volume of calls.
Pros
hours
Cons
location
No room for pay raise or position advancement with the expectation to work mandatory overtime...
Customer Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 1, 2016
This company uses a culture of fear to make their employees continue to do hours and hours or mandatory overtime and consistently raising productivity levels. The work gets harder with no compensation I have been with the company for 3 years and just received a 21 cent raise which is unacceptable. If you brown nose you will be promoted (the promotions are not announced so that others can apply). Lunches were reduced to 30 minutes instead of a hour. You are micromanaged by a time system and will receive an IM if you are "out of compliance" for a few minutes. They expect you to work every holiday because they are open. Their VPN system consistently goes out and they make you use accrued personal, vacation and/or sick time while failing to accept they have a seriously flawed system.
Pros
I get to work from home...
Cons
Im tethered to my desk. short lunch, mandatory overtime, work all holidays, micromanaged
insurance billing
Supervisor, Stephanie Nyatomie (Former Employee) –  3636 North Laughlin RdMay 28, 2016
i helped customer service with medical insurance, durable medical equipment claims for medical and medicare covered insurance claims.
great company but has flaws
Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 26, 2016
great atmosphere, has a cafeteria and very flex with scheduling training is kinda all over the place but ok. love relax room to take naps everyone is very helpful.
Pay and benefits are highly competitive
Medical Dispatcher Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 22, 2016
Pay and benefits are competitive, work space is great, minimal incentive, minimal growth/movement internally. Management was encouraging and understanding, co-workers were supportive with a few nuts thrown in. beautiful location.
Good company
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 20, 2016
Apria provided me with a steady job and decent benefits. The hours were long and there was a lot of overtime. Because I was "grandfathered in", I had already learned the majority of my job. Management in the Kingsport office were wonderful; it felt like a family there.
Great people, good product, a tremendous learning experience
Territory Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 19, 2016
Great environment to refine sales skills within the dynamic medical industry. This position offered me the ability to earn a living while helping people that really need it. This sales roll offers good amount of autonomy allowing you to be creative in your marketing concepts.
Stressful place to work
Senior Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2016
Benefits are not adequate, stressful place to work and mangement is no supportive, many office politics and training is not adequate
BENEFITS
Cons
PATIENTS
fun and porductive
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85040May 16, 2016
check my list of stops,make sure i gather and load all equipment needed for stops, then go out and make deliveries. i learned how to stay organized customer service skills and also how to read a map.
It was a good Job
DRIVER TECH (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMay 14, 2016
It was a great job to work with people but I unfortunately got sick. if I could of stayed I would have. my coworkers and supervisors were always fun to work with.
great for entry level
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 10, 2016
I enjoy the company and my starting salary was great, I have been here over six months , but I have a legal degree and I w
ant to work in my field
Everyone in the office works well as a team, at my current branch
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 6, 2016
Everyone is really easy to get along with, and the people at my particular branch really seem to work well together. As a driver, it is rough being on call sometimes, but it comes with working in medical supplies, people need their oxygen and when a machine breaks it must be replaced as quickly as possible. The company is HUGE!!! There are pros and cons to being HUGE. Unfortunately the company is spread out and in different time zones. There have been times when I was on call that I didn't receive the order to set someone up with whatever supply they might REALLY need until late in the evening, pretty much right after I walk in the door from a long day.

I had a good idea what I was signing up for and didn't mind. After a while it does get a little aggravating, but overall Apria really isn't a bad company to work for, but I believe the medical benefits could be a little better.
Pros
They reimburse you for licenses and supply uniforms including shoes
Cons
Late nights sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apria Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.