Apria Healthcare

Apria Healthcare Employer Reviews

Very fast paced and very poorly managed.
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, TNApril 16, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: poor management.
Worked with insurances companies to have patients insurance claims paid. Submitted medical documents to render patients medical equipment to be of medical necessity.
The hardest part of the job was with the insurance companies and trying to figure out what was the best direction to take on getting claims paid. Most enjoyable part was friends that I – more... made there. – less
Awful!!!!
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, MOApril 15, 2014
I really dislike everything about this company. It had a horrible environment and the business couldn't care less about their employees or their customers
LCE Logistics Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 15, 2014
Pros: gift cards
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at Apria Healthcare would be opening multi computer windows and right fax, checking outlook daily, troubleshooting patient medical equipment, and also send faxes out and email as well.
You will be on edge
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Neenah, WIApril 9, 2014
Things change constantly and you have to be on your feet. Mistakes? Don't make any because you won't find out until it is too late.
Constant changes and lack of appreciation!
Customer Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Bay Area, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: lunch and break
Cons: too many
Apria used to be a place where I was proud to say I worked. NOW, I feel ashamed that their on my resume! With all the "structural" changes happening now, it seems that things are just going down hill. Pay sucks if you live in the bay area. Benefits are very expensive! Not to mention high deductibles! The only decent benefits are generous PTO, vacation, – more... and sick time, and that's only if you manager or supervisor approves it! Don't even get me started on management! !! Apria should randomly audit their supervisors/managers to check their competency! I feel embarrassed for my manager when I have to train them. So very sad what Apria has become. They really don't care about their patients, just the money! And they really need to invest in finding good talent. I'm so disgusted by these teeny b oppers that they hire with absolutely NO CLUE of what its like to work in a professional environment. What was so intriguing about someone who worked at Forever 21!?! I didn't know they used medical terminology at the mall or dealt with respiratory equipment! If you are currently looking for a job, don't waste your time here. The only people left are only their for a paycheck. Most don't even know what their doing, but their friends with someone who knows someone's brother, sister, cousin, uncle, wife, etc. – less
Review
Dispatcher Analyst (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 6, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Very good Company to work for, just to far to drive from home.
I learned much more when I became a trainer. I learned computer programs I would never have learned inside a branch or billing center .
Customer Service/Trainer (Former Employee), Various locations -Corp ofc at Lake Forest, CAApril 4, 2014
Pros: i loved taking care of the customers and i enjoyed my position training for the company
Cons: the travel was 100% and it became difficult to be gone from home so much
I enjoyed working at Apria in the early days. The company struggled financially for so many years. They had a difficult time finding a buyer. We had job cuts and hiring freezes almost constantly. They finally sold out to BLACKSTONE and there were job cuts everywhere. They even sent a huge amount of jobs to CHINA and many of us in the states lost our – more... jobs. They often told us that the staff was there most valuable resource and yet after it all I WONDER? – less
needs improvement
Lead Collections Representative (Current Employee), Overland Park, KS 66211March 26, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor benefits
Apria has been struggling to keep employees because they don't pay well and they don't offer affordable benefits for health or retirement. This is a good job for a person who is in between or trying to establish a stable work history but it is not a place to stay and retire.
good work place
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great place to work`
Cons: benefits are not that good
great place to work. Great co-workers lots of overtime. hardest part was the heat I guess during the summer. typical day pulling orders loading the trucks.
Great Company with excellent benefits
Clinical Service Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 25, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and pay
Cons: long hours and busy schedule
This is a great company for benefits and for compensation. Learned how to deliver Oxygen and medical supplies for the Colorado Springs and surrounding areas.
Apria Healthcare
Dispatcher Analyst (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMarch 23, 2014
Pros: good management, lots of patient contact
Cons: no room for advancement
I enjoy working for Apria but am looking to get back into a sales role. There are not many options for advancement within the logistics division
Swim or sink; fast-paced call center
Customer Qualification Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, TNMarch 22, 2014
I always arrived @ work 1 hour prior to clocking in to read quietly and pray for guidance and direction in whatever situation may present itself in this day. It's like warming up to begin a race.

As the morning progressed, the other employees who work later shifts would come in. Then the phones would be ringing incessantly as my coworkers conversations – more... with patients needing supplies or the physician's offices would call in to check the status of an order.

The supervisor would occaisionally walk down the aisle to ask if everyone received/read the latest email of a change in process.and/ or to make sure we were following that process.

The most challenging aspect is that we had a productivity goal to meet each day.It was not difficult when working intakes for established patients as the required qualifications (per Medicare guidelines) for those patients was already received/documented.
It was the new/transition patients that often did not have this information with the initial order from their physicians. These atypically took much more time to work than the 15 minute alloted time frame orders for established patients.

For me, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting (or exceeding) my productivity goal for the day. This, indeed, is the blessing. – less
Was a great company, now going downhill fast
Customer Service Lead Representative (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 21, 2014
Pros: teaching others
Apria fired all great managers and now have brought in people that aren't fit to run a team
Patient Transition Position Specialists
Patient Transition Specialist (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good pay and nice work space
Cons: lack of structure
A typical day at Apria consists of reviewing patients documentation for approval, making outbound phone calls, responding to emails and assisting customers in a timely manner.
Cash Research
Cash Research Rep (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMarch 20, 2014
In this role I was able to learn the importance of claims processing. This role helped to hone my time management skills and helped to increase my experience with Microsoft Excel.
Good Company
Warehouse/Service Technician (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 15, 2014
Over all good company. Did not agree with the way they handled the lay off process. But overall good company
Fun family workplace
Medicare Collections Rep (Former Employee), Salt Lake City UtahMarch 12, 2014
The company is always growing. The management are fun and friendly. There is always growth within the company.
Call center
Collector (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 12, 2014
A typical day here is set in a call center environment thats very laid back. You learn a lot about the process of medical billing and collections. The management is focused on company goals. The co-workers are all very friendly. The hardest part of the job is the patience needed to call insurance companies. The most enjoyable part of the job is resolving – more... a large dollar account. – less
Can anybody say "micromanagement"?
Branch Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 8, 2014
Pros: very structured
Cons: very structured
This place does not allow for any original line of thinking. It's corporate's way or the highway.
Productive fast pace stayed busy
Sr. Accounts Receivable / Qualifier (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAMarch 8, 2014
Pros: fast pace
Cons: parking
I learned a lot with Apria and was sad to go. Worked with great people

1 2 3 4 5

About Apria Healthcare

When an apple a day doesn't keep the illness away, perhaps Apria Healthcare Group can help. With about 540 branches nationwide, – Read more

Apria Healthcare Photos