Apria Healthcare Employee Reviews

No breathing room
Suspended Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAAugust 24, 2016
Apria used to be a great place to work. Now they're micromanaging everyone. Your breaks and lunches have to be to the minute, and you have to follow the schedule or you're "out of conformance". They watch you like hawks and when you switch departments they don't tell you what the new job will actually entail. The training is sub-par now and everything is virtual - Skype presentations and phone calls. Often your manager is in a different time zone and GOOD LUCK getting an answer to a question. The only thing that keeps it bearable is the people I work with. And the casual dress code (at least in my office). Instead of a raise this year they gave us a 'well-being day'. I can't pay my bills with that!
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
Micromanagement
pay is not bad to start but still has a long time pay freeze looming.
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2016
Get a good starting salary because of pay freeze.
the good was as a Service Tech, is your on the road taking care of patients means less time having to deal with management.
Managers excuses for making positive changes was" Corporate says we have to do it this way"
co workers have little time to help train new employees
turn over is real high with employees and management, this speaks for itself.
There was an employee friend who was stricken with cancer, you would think Apria would do everything they could to help this man, instead, Apria management was able to find a way separate from helping pay for his health benefits, sadly, he passed away a few months later, this is a solid example of a company that couldn't care less for their employees.
Pros
free lunches during company meetings
Cons
employees not so eager to help train
Great Organization and Leadership!
Branch Manager Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 16, 2016
Best work experience of my career over the past 10 years. Rock solid leadership and excellent work environment. As a Branch Manager and business leader, and by developing our branch team, we were able to produce record revenue and profit margin over the years. Truly enjoyed the business relationships developed with our local sales and operations team, our company executive leadership team, and both the referrals and patients that we touched each day.
Pros
Compensation, Leadership, Rewarding, Focused Goals
Cons
Industry headwinds from a reimbursement perspective cost jobs
No room for pay raise or position advancement with the expectation to work mandatory overtime...
Customer Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 1, 2016
This company uses a culture of fear to make their employees continue to do hours and hours or mandatory overtime and consistently raising productivity levels. The work gets harder with no compensation I have been with the company for 3 years and just received a 21 cent raise which is unacceptable. If you brown nose you will be promoted (the promotions are not announced so that others can apply). Lunches were reduced to 30 minutes instead of a hour. You are micromanaged by a time system and will receive an IM if you are "out of compliance" for a few minutes. They expect you to work every holiday because they are open. Their VPN system consistently goes out and they make you use accrued personal, vacation and/or sick time while failing to accept they have a seriously flawed system.
Pros
I get to work from home...
Cons
Im tethered to my desk. short lunch, mandatory overtime, work all holidays, micromanaged
Fast paced
Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 17, 2016
Great place for career advancement. Very fast paced. Working with so many individuals made it easy to build relationships with coworkers. A typical day would include answering phones (not often). My day consisted mostly of receiving various medical equipment orders/prescriptions for patients and placing those orders into the computer system, followed by verifying that the orders were then sent to the correct department once my part was complete. Management was professional and helpful. Co-workers were great, as we were assigned to designated departments, which provided us not only the time to get build relationships but also being a part of a team together. This created value and respect for one another. Working at Apria Healthcare, I learned to multitask, work at a fast pace yet also recognize when I needed to take a step back a breath for a moment. It can cause a lot of feelings of pressure when working in such an environment but I developed an ability to strive in those moments. It is very rewarding to be a small part of something so large. I hope to bring my acquired skills as well as previously developed abilities to any job in the future.
overall
customer service technitian (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 12, 2016
Apria Healthcare is a good place to work for, but unfortunately the
new management team is never there for the employees when we need them, the company is not for the compassion or well being of the patients any more
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad managment
My first healthcare experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2016
I worked 12 years for Apria healthcare and really worked my way up in the company with simply hard work ethics. I held many roles such as collections rep, quality assurance coordinator, patient care rep, and my last position account executive. During my time with Apria I learned to self preservation. The reason I say this is because I watched a lot of my colleagues bend, break, and ultimately quit or move on because of the culture that Apria produced. I worked for some really good people but also some not so good people to put it nicely. The hardest part of working for Apria is that they were always changing policy and procedures which in return made customer service for their customers a very poor part of their business. It was all about how to save a buck even if it meant cutting cost from employees or taking away services from customers. The part I enjoyed most was the success that I had in being able to move up in the company and make more money.
Pros
Good experience with medical equipment
Cons
turnover and cuts to the company
Horrible Company
Customer Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 28, 2016
This job providing the worst training I have ever had in my life, everything important you learn on your own. It seemed to me like they look for reasons to get rid of people, the job security is awful. I will say that despite all the bad things I did learn transferable skills that I can take somewhere else. The other bad thing is you learn one product & then they switch you to another as well as being hired to work a certain shift then your schedule being changed.
Pros
Pay, coworkers
Cons
Bad supervisors with little to no support, horrible training, no job security
Worst company I've ever worked for
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 11, 2016
It is all about the bottom line. Apria has no regard for patient or employee care, just sales. Unrealistic expectations workload is much higher than reasonable. Horrible health benefits.
Pros
Cons
Health insurance, poor management
Terrible company to work for
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 16, 2016
Billing manager and supervising staff show no professionalism, they are never available to help out or ask questions. Apria does not hand out raises every year and insurance coverage seems to get worse every year.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No raises, no management support
Worst job I've ever had
Patient Pay (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 25, 2016
Very stressful job, constantly worrying if job was secure, constant changes with upper management. I learned to always strive for more and not to feel stuck. Co-workers were great! Hardest part of the job was worrying what type of mood supervisor would be in. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients
I enjoyed working here, however the department I was apart of was the lowest paid department in the company. New hires were coming in making more money than the people that had been working there for some time. I often felt that the expectations were to high however the overall work environment was very nice and my personal management was extraordinary. Overall good people, however employees have no real incentive to stay.
Cons
Constant picking from upper mang.
high stress, no appreciation for work, sups have no management skills
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 19, 2016
This company runs its employees like a Military Boot Camp that you never rise from. Not a company I could recommend to anyone I know. Supervisors follow the lead of an abrasive bully and it is a shame because one of them could be a great supervisor if given the right leadership. The others are grown from within and reflecting poor management style and do not see them succeeding anywhere else.
Pros
Hourly was good but not for the work
Cons
Very negative atmosphere
no training program, very disorganized company
clinical Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 7, 2016
laid off with several others within 5 weeks of being hired; was given full workload with hardly any training, then harassed by management for not finishing my duties in a timely manner. Respiratory supervisors only worked on the days the manager was actually in house, which was not very often. Everyday patients told me they hated dealing with Apria, that they were either terminating their relationship with Apria or they were looking for another DME company that would treat them decently. Apria never trains anyone well, there are serious mistakes made from the call center, customer service, all the way up to the people in charge of maintaining branch budgets and probably higher than that. This should have been the easiest clinical job I would ever have, yet it was the hardest. I had to "correct" all of customer service's problems at the beginning of my day before I could start my own work. Most days were 9 or more hours instead of 8.
Eligibility Qualification Representative (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJuly 26, 2016
Apria healthcare is a great environment to work. I have learned an extensive amount of healthcare knowledge from my current job. However, i am looking for more opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Greats incentives
Cons
benefits and opportunities for advancement
Pay and benefits are highly competitive
Medical Dispatcher Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 22, 2016
Pay and benefits are competitive, work space is great, minimal incentive, minimal growth/movement internally. Management was encouraging and understanding, co-workers were supportive with a few nuts thrown in. beautiful location.
No life
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  HawaiiDecember 4, 2016
Apria gives you no time with family, if its just you with no kids or family and you love to work all day with absolutely no time to yourself this job is perfect for you. On calls are just ridiculous, you could be at home 12pm sleeping get a call to go to a place thats an hour away. Management here tells you what you wanna hear but never follows thru with what they said.
Pros
Co workers
Very production company.
Suspended Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 21, 2016
My typical date at work, was to obtain documents from doctors offices, as these documents were required in order to obtain authorization from the clients insurance company. I would contact patients to obtain current personal care physicians information or to ask for assistance from the patient to obtain clinical notes.
I have learned to be responsible, proficient, in my work habits.

Hardest part of job is keeping up with goals regarding clearing monies.

My co-workers are the best, very well established group of peers, the best sense of humors, ability to help each other in difficult situations. Always there for each other.

The most enjoyable part is working from home.
Cons
Micro management.
place to gain experience
Hospital Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNAugust 3, 2016
A typical day at work was diverse in duties. I learned a lot about sales positions and how to sell a product, and meet needs of clients. Management was difficult to deal with due to company changes and restructuring. Co workers were good people-there weren't a lot of activities outside of work to promote solid working relationships. The hardest part of the job was not being able to assist the customers in the manner I desired due to government laws and repositioning of the company's structure. Most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to assist customers with their in home medical needs.
okay
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 10, 2016
Okay place to work. Not for a career. Childish environment. People who do not seek to go further in their careers. Not much more that I can say about this employer. It was not my best choice of employers. I was ready to go after the first week. The training is okay the trainer was not the most professional person.
Productive Fast Paced Enviorment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 12, 2016
A typical day would include:

- Managing product orders through the the insurance approval process and obtaining the necessary documentation that is needed for the insurance to pay for the product(s).

- Following up with doctors, Dr. office admin staff, and hospital case management to obtain, new business, paperwork, and communicate current order status/changes/updates.

- Logging notes and sales calls into CRM system.

Management and co workers are easy to work with.

The hardest part of the job is having to work with the insurance companies who pay for the product that constantly make changes/cuts which impacts the sales/commission process.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Product Insurance Reimbursement Cuts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apria Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7