APS Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

great working environment
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2016
The people are very friendly and the management staff is second to none. Very pleased with my co-workers and everyone is very helpful.
Pros
excellent employees
Cons
Excellent co-workers and management!
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORApril 10, 2016
I was so lucky to get the call from APS Healthcare to work there. The co-workers will assist at any time, the management is super, and the overall feel of the place is outstanding.

I am very happy with my position with APS Healthcare, and am moving to the Corvallis Oregon area to be closer to family, especially my only grandson.
HRA Assessor (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 29, 2016
I was only working for APS 8 weeks it was very interesting working there but i also learned a lot that led me to my job with ACT 1 in which i worked for LA CARE Health Plan as a temp. My co workwrs were great varies cultures and we all learned working together.
Great co-workers
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 5, 2016
This was a good place to work when I first started there, however as time passed it changed management. The new management was more interested in the "bottom line" than in serving the public that depended on it's services.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grain Valley, MOFebruary 10, 2016
I would arrive at work at 6:00am and i worked until 5:00pm. And we would also work weekends for overtime to meet monthly goals for the company. We were a durable medical company for Lincare. A typical day for me would have me answering phone calls and transferring them to the correct centers in the United states or taking the orders and problem solving for the Customers/ Patients if we could not connect them to the service center. I would also work with insurance companies working Medicare, Medicaid, Private insurance billing them for the patients equipment and making sure we would get the claims. I would also have held sales calls. Where I would work other states and teams to make sure that we would get the Doctors Scripts and the Insurance company to cover all equipment so that the patient would not have to do without. If we had to go out to the offices or to the insurance companies to get what we needed we would. The hardest part was the management. The most enjoyable part was helping the patients/ customers get what they needed and making sure they had a good experience.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Avoid
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 8, 2016
Poor management and very clickish. No training for position and poor employee morale. You are expected to know what you are doing from day one and mistakes are not tolerated even from new employees. If you are not a part of the management click you are left out to dry. KEPRO the parent company is very cheep and will not pay for even basic office supplies. AVOID THIS COMPANY.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
No training and poor management
Excellent Management Team
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 27, 2015
Meetings are thoroughly conducted, training and coaching is well emphasized. Program manager goes the extra mile in assisting patients requirements.
Worthwhile cause
Clinical Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 27, 2015
The company provides a worthy service for those in the Medicaid and Medicare program. In turn, the service provided saves the State and taxpayers money with the end result of good population health.
Productive Company
Case Management Services (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 15, 2015
Excellent Management, outstanding quality patient care services provided with well demonstrated company guidelines.
good place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 26, 2015
APS is a good place to work the hours are good and wages make it so you can live a decent life with little to no struggling as long as you budget correctly.
Awesome Place
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 1, 2015
Awesome environment, great benefits, management was great. Loved my co-workers and loved the work I was doing. They were flexible and they took care of the employee. Not working there as management made some tough decisions.
Pros
Good benefits, great pay
Cons
Some managerial decisions
Stagnant
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 29, 2015
The company offered no real interest in employee investment, retention and promotion. No clearly defined career path and employment of incompetent managers. The business was not operating at optimal potential and consistently lost contracts.
Non Clinical position
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 14, 2015
Requires an history or understanding of medical terminology as well as insurance benefit coverage. I learned how the hospital intake process occurs. Not much to enjoy on a daily basis. Recieve calls medical facilities that pertain to verifying if a patients procedure is deemed necessary. Or if the injury requires a hospital admission
Pros
I was able to learn why it takes so long to receive treatment when you go to the hospial.
Cons
Must have some type of insurance and medical background to be a productive employee
Horrible management
Care coordinator (Former Employee) –  New YorkJuly 30, 2015
Worked as a care coordinator for a year and a half. Pay was good. Mileage checks weekly. Enjoyed helping clients. Completed several medicaid applications and helped seniors get help from local agencies. Very fast paced and a lot of visits per week. A lot of boring telephonic meetings also. I did enjoy the job but was let go after repeatedly being written up on false accusations. I made sure to go through all the things I was written up for and emailed my boss with all the inaccurate information. Nothing was ever done about it. I went to my bosses supervisor with the false accusations and my phone calls were ignored and never returned. On the day I was let go I had an opportunity when I was alone with my bosses supervisor and told her face to face about the lies and she just changed the subject. I told hr about the problem and they said I was unaware of that and did nothing. Horrible experience.
Pros
Pay and mileage
Cons
Horrible management
Place for gaining experience
Information Technology Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Cupey, PRJuly 29, 2015
While at this company, I was able to use all my Computer and networking skills and then some more. Had the opportunity to work on a close security environment, where all the data is regulated by HIPPA. Worked with applications I've never seen before like Citrix and Electronic Medical Record applications. The experience was fun, and not too much tense or strict.
Customer Service/Medical Benefits
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJuly 25, 2015
This was a really enjoyable company to work for. I received great knowledge on how to handle high volume calls. I also gained great knowledge credentialing.
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 12, 2015
Computer Knowledge
Learn daily new tasks
Managment friendly
Co workers Friendly
Hardest part of past jobs was none
Most enjoyable part is helping others
Laid off due to contract restructuring
Consultant II - Healthcare Analytics (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 1, 2015
Unfortunately worked for this great company for only 10 months. My positions was eliminated during contract restructuring.
Fun and productive place to work
Recovery Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 24, 2015
the company was great to work with until the requisition and they started laying off. the benefits was great.. management was ok
Pros
great benefits
Cons
wasn't able to tele commute any more
Great job
OHP Care Coordinator, Community Based RN (Current Employee) –  ORFebruary 23, 2015
Great staff and supervisor. Loved working from home and scheduling sight visits. Great making a difference in people's lives that are really struggling.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
contract lost

Ask a question about working or interviewing at APS Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.