APS Healthcare Employee Reviews

Customer Service/Medical Benefits
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJuly 25, 2015
This was a really enjoyable company to work for. I received great knowledge on how to handle high volume calls. I also gained great knowledge credentialing.
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 12, 2015
Computer Knowledge
Learn daily new tasks
Managment friendly
Co workers Friendly
Hardest part of past jobs was none
Most enjoyable part is helping others
Laid off due to contract restructuring
Consultant II - Healthcare Analytics (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 1, 2015
Unfortunately worked for this great company for only 10 months. My positions was eliminated during contract restructuring.
Fun and productive place to work
Recovery Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 24, 2015
the company was great to work with until the requisition and they started laying off. the benefits was great.. management was ok
Pros
great benefits
Cons
wasn't able to tele commute any more
Great job
OHP Care Coordinator, Community Based RN (Current Employee) –  ORFebruary 23, 2015
Great staff and supervisor. Loved working from home and scheduling sight visits. Great making a difference in people's lives that are really struggling.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Contract lost
Would not recommend.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 28, 2015
No definitive path for career advancement. Upper management was not in tune and ignored the changing demands of our course of business. Lack of innovation and intuitive thought. Management strategy was reactionary versus proactive.
Pros
Offered the ability to telecommute.
Cons
Details identified in the "Review" section.
Productivity driven
Utilization Management RN (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 15, 2015
Productivity driven. Good management. Good experience. Sold and office closed.
Very Professioanal work environment
Psychologist (Current Employee) –  PRJanuary 7, 2015
Excellent collaborative work. Co-workers demonstrate respect and sensitivity to population served . Working integrally with diverse ideas
Great Place to work
Customer Service (Telecommutor) (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 2, 2014
Helping Medicaid recipients with benefits, I learned patience, management was very acceptable as well as co workers.
great place to work
Recovery Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 29, 2014
APS was a great place to work. The team members and co workers make it a fun place to work .
Pros
great co workers
Cons
got laid off
Dream job
Physical Behavioral Healthcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irwin, PAAugust 30, 2014
Very nice corporation to work for! Nice work life balance. Corporate listens and follows through with employee suggestions
A Change From Manual Labor
Health Risk Assessor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 25, 2014
Conducted health risks assessments to identify needs of L.A Care members. I am happy to be able to help others.
Great People
Provider Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Portland,MaineJune 26, 2014
Great People to work with and for, but Benefits are lacking.
Work day consists of answering provider calls, working special projects,resetting passwords.

Job is not hard, the hardest part is moving up in the company.

Most enjoyable is working with the individuals here.
Pros
Team
benefits
prodictive fun workplace
CLIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR II (Former Employee) –  jefferson city moMay 15, 2014
friendly, great work place, easy to move up, great experience
This contract was with APS Helathcare/Universal American and Maryland Developement Disabilities Administration
Lead Community Service Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 8, 2014
My job duties included: 1) Completed Individual Indicator Rating Scale (IIRS) assessments; an assessment tool developed by Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) to determine support needs. 2) Completed programmatic audits for individuals with disabilities supported by DDA in Community Support Living Arrangements and Individual Support Service Programs. These audits were completed state-wide to determine level/quality of supports provided. 3) Completed two-year sample of the Support Intensity Scale (SIS) to assist Maryland DDA with determining future use of scale. 4) Supervised five full-time community service reviewers during final two years of contract with the state. Submitted quality assurance review of audits completed quarterly. Coordinated monthly meetings with Maryland DDA regional offices and Maryland DDA contract monitor. Completed Minority Business Enterprise reports to DDA contract monitor.
High work volume, high pressure, production evaluation
Claim Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 5, 2014
High volume of claims per day
Constant overtime during the week and weekends
Production evaluation
Pros
extra money due to overtime
Cons
Few time for resting and extracurricular activities. Compromised weekends.
Average place of employment
Appeal & Complaints Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 30, 2014
They produce a great product in the Mental Health and Substance Abuse arena. The management team was lead by Clinicians with little to no experience from the Business World. This lead to little training or room for growth for employees. I was able to expand my insurance knowlege into the world of Medicaid Mental Health and Substance Abuse which was a plus. I also worked with several great people.
Ok but not Ok
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 28, 2014
I gained valuable experience working in a company that operated entirely electronically, however, long distance communications with higher management and departments had its drawbacks. If I had a chance to speak with them, they were friendly, professional and helpful. The merge with Universal American was confusing sometimes and there was a constant change in policy, procedures, personnel, and so on. It was hard to keep up with the changes while performing daily tasks.

APS had a contract with state government and our program did not last but a year. Pay met my expectations, but when the contract ended unexpectedly, I sought employment within APS. The office was in the same building. The salary offer was extremely low for an Administrative Assistant position in a large company. I was shocked! I have a degree in Office Administration and am a Certified Administrative Assistant. They would not consider it and had no room for negotiation. The office in Charleston, WV is located in an old building that was built in 1921. It kept the maintenance crew busy because the biggest part of it was old and caused some inconveniences. Paying parking meters on the street or parking garages everyday drained expenses. APS did not reimburse.
Pros
Use of technology and co-workers
Cons
Location and Salary
Made od difference with Medicaid recipients!
Case Manager Behavoir ahealth (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIApril 27, 2014
Friendly, helpful women to work with. My boss was very supportive and complimented me that she had never seen anyone who could get members to trust me as quickly as I could. (Susan Spangler), now mind you, this was quite awhile ago. I still gladly see her at the Case Management of America monthly meetings which I have been a member of since 2009.
The daily duties was multiple, and and me mean multiplenmanaged care Medicaid recipients to educate them, access for them & follow up for them that they have seen their primary care physician instead of using the emergency room for routine medical care.
Myself and another nurse implemented a program, where we would contact by phone or mailing to report their patient had accesses the ED foe a routine health complaint. We sent multiple educational materials PCP office instead od accessing the ED.
Tis eventually became 30% effective, which we were quite proud of.
Pros
Good peole to work with
Cons
Extemely challenging clientele
performs inperson and telephonic health assessments, post hospital assessments, meet with providers
RN Field Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAMarch 25, 2014
job was offered as a field care coordinator but the position is mostly telephonic. There has been too much transition in management and upper management. The most enjoyable part of this position is talking with patients and providers.
Pros
flex time, mon-friday..no call.
Cons
no management support, no incentives, no upward mobility or transitional positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at APS Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8