APS Healthcare

APS Healthcare Employer Reviews

Allowed for growth,encouraged autonamy
Registered Nurse Case Management (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYMarch 18, 2014
Pros: the ability to give good customor service
Cons: lost contract to state
Engage, educate ,health care for low income families to help them to understand there health care and how to better manage it
QA analyst
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDFebruary 27, 2014
Worked on numerous projects and performed manual and automated testing. Wrote and executed SQL queries to validate data
Overall Good
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIFebruary 20, 2014
Enjoyed my time at APS. Smaller company so lots of opportunity for growth and learning.
I liked the flexibility of working from home.
Director, Project Management Office (Former Employee), White Plains, NYFebruary 14, 2014
I loved my boss and the culture of APS, but didn't care for the culture so much after APS was acquired by Universal American.
Good benefits
RN Health Coach (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 23, 2014
APS is good to employees
Management very caring
Benefits are good
Start up company with many changes
Client Service Coordinator III (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PaJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: call center environment
Interesting place to work, with very nice co-workers and the building was beautiful
Great impact on the community and state
Eligibility Specialist/Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Charleston, WVDecember 20, 2013
Pros: great work hours and pay
Cons: most management are already master's level and phd, making it hard to advance within the organization at a bachelor's level.
APS is a fast growing organization and since the beginning it has had an amazing impact on the Medicaid Program throughout WV. This company is comprised of the "best of the best" employees. The employees have been hand picked from the most knowledgeable individuals in the state based on their field of work. It is totally amazing to watch the business grow and take on new and exciting ventures.
Productive, fun workplace, really care about the member and employees
Healthcare Coordinator SR II (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 3, 2013
Pros: great management, people to work with, flexible hours ans support.
Cons: job security short contract.
Awesome Management who really care about employees and most to the Members, Very Supportive management, great co-workers, I learned a lot about healthcare environment that Improved my skill to the next level.
Case Management Healthcare Company Provides Total Health Care
Senior Administrative Assistant/QI Coordinator (Former Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 27, 2013
APS Healthcare is a leader in the case management field and provides cutting-edge case management to provide total health care in a patient-centered approach.
RN Case Manager
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Westbrook, MENovember 7, 2013
Pros: work from home position, not in direct contact with communicable disease
Cons: physical/health assessments done telephonically are sketchy at best
A typical day at APS Healthcare involves obtaining referrals for members at risk for hospitalization and contacting them to assist them in accessing the health care system, providing condition support and health care education, and being the "personal voice" of their health care company. I have learned that a person's interest and involvement in his own health care does result in better health outcomes and that any offer to help make that easier for someone is almost always greatly appreciated. The hardest part of the job is realizing that sometimes in spite of one's best efforts, people do get sick and their condition deteriorates. The most enjoyable part of the job is, of course, the people we speak with every day.
I was blessed with a great supervisor and director
Utilization Review R.N. (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PANovember 6, 2013
Pros: utilization review rn are in a steady and constant need.
Cons: contact employment
The training for each new computer program was hands on and follow-up materials were helpful.
Looking for part-time weekend work
Telephonic Case Manager (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 30, 2013
Enjoy all aspects of my job. The day goes fast when you are talking to patients. I am a telephonic case manager with a case load of 100 -125.
Fast paced
Corporate Telephony Services Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2013
Pros: minimun supervising
Cons: downsized
Supported telephone system in geographically diverse environments. Promptly resolved work orders for local personnel as well as remote (30 + locations across the U. S. and Puerto Rico), trained local new hires to effectively use telephone system, assisted in supporting wireless devices (i.e. cell phones, PDA’s and air cards), accurately provided general support and account management for AVAYA voicemail systems, PBX and CMS users, assigned port locations to inactive phone jacks via T-block and install analogue ports for fax users, poly com conference devices, set-up and activate AT&T web and audio meet me conferencing accounts, installed IP Soft phone’s on laptops.
Waste of time
RN Supervisor role (Former Employee), OregonAugust 24, 2013
Cons: treat potential employees poorly
DO not work for this company. The Friday before I was starting (on Monday) they retracted their offer for no reason. I had accepted the job and gone through every step. Not only that but I basically had to do all of their HR work for them; even having to contact previous employers to get email addresses, etc.
Scheduling coordinator (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: working on a contract
I enjoyed working for APS Healthcare. The benefits was good. My coworker worked good together. The contract turned out lasting 7 years instead of 5 years.
For profit organization that highly values the employees and customers/clients and the services proviced.Progressive organization with strong mission
Director, HR, Field Based Services (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIJune 27, 2013
Pros: hr team
Cons: acquisition was a disappointment for the aps teams
Managed the daily operations for the HR business partners for nationwide organization. Heavy employee relations involvement including manager coaching, training. Peers were progressive and intent on providing the best possible care for members. HR team was mostly collaborative and motivated to do the best job. Hardest part of the job was severing staff when contracts were reduced or lost and managing the changes after the acquisition of the company,
Enjoyed participating in quality reviews to assure quality patient care
Clinical Projects Coordinator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 13, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the work and met alot of great professionals
Cons: it was a contract based position and once the contract was done, our jobs would have changed dramatically
I worked in an office, and had nurse reviewers first review the charts to identify issues. Once these charts had been flagged, I then reviewed the charts and issued letters to providers when there were noted quality issues, also reviewed proper level of care i.e. observation/admission. The management was not local, but did participate. I had great coworkers and enjoyed working with them and physicians and facilities throughout the state to correct identified issues
Love it!
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2013
Pros: telecommuting, staff, salary, bennefits, workload
Cons: my contract ending.
This is the BEST job I have ever had. I will have tears when my contract ends on 6/30/2013. I have been able to telecommute, be part of a fantastic team, and have learned so much.
Productive and interactive work environment
Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAMay 7, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of making anywhere between 60-75 calls to Medicaid recipients in Washington, DC to link them with community resources and field nurses to help improve their health. Management was very helpful and answered any and all questions I may have had. I learned about the ins and outs of Medicaid, as well as Medicare. I also learned about several health conditions and medications, as our clients were the highest risk, highest cost patients who had co-morbidities and were on several medications. The hardest part of the job was reaching the population, as many had non working numbers, and even when we did reach them, we quickly lost contact with them and were not able to contact them again. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to link our clients with the resources they needed and hearing the thankfulness and relief in their voices when they received the help that they needed.
Healthcare
Outpatient Auditor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 6, 2013
Pros: could work from home
Cons: when they closed the business
I enjoyed everything part of this job. I enjoyed the travel, the being able to work from home. Helping the people that I worked with.

APS Healthcare Salaries