Aptean Employee Reviews

No advancement in United States
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2017
What used to be a good company is now a company focused on cutting costs, which means moving as many jobs as possible to India and Poland. Advancement in the US is only possible if you're willing to relocate to Atlanta.

Good teams exist if you can ignore the politics at the management level.
Working from Home
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Home office basedJanuary 27, 2017
Wake up check help desk tickets first. If not tickets work on current projects. Always work on tickets first to correct issues that occurs for our clients. Since I work from home I need to google issues that comes up with clients. Most of the time I will need to work on servers issues after hours, not to interfere with other clients that is currently working on the system.
Pros
No one to look over my shoulder
High energy environment
Vice President Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2016
Great people with focus on performance and financial results. Recruiting and training are emphasized a great deal. Team oriented with focus on results.
Pros
People
Cons
Investor owned
Customizations and Consulting
Senior Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duvall, WAFebruary 23, 2016
Solid company with near unlimited potential for advancement.
Best for a person looking for advance and willing to overachieve via time and effort.
1st Job
Senior IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2015
It was my first job. Left when they sold it as a to an individual owner. Fast food life, not the best but as a first job you get to learn a lot. Customer experience can be rewarding and at other times they see you as dirt.
Pros
Team
Cons
Some rude customers
They're trying.
Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2015
Working at Aptean is an interesting experience. They are very schizophrenic when it comes to corporate goals and themes and they are quick to change strategies and organizational styles.
Culture of insecurity and indirection
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  AtlantaMay 27, 2015
I was a developer there for just under 2 years. The entire time I was there the majority of developers were looking for other work and were completely miserable working on the products that Aptean had recently acquired. Turnover rates are high because the majority of the work is SE which is just glorified customer support. Which would be fine for entry level work if anyone knew anything about the products. Everyone that knew anything about Pivotal has been let go so that SE team is just guessing. Ross SE is just the remnants of the China branch that didn't get laid off. Layoffs happen every quarter, the company will under perform in sales, some higher ups will get fired, a new one will come in and change things up to fix the company, repeat. Most of the development is going to India, those remaining in the Atlanta office are on a short timeline.
Pros
You can get away with doing nothing for a long time.
Cons
Insecurity, no advancement opportunities, the work isn't challenging, and the culture is bad
Company changed from small family to large global unit
Software Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 29, 2015
Great people to work with. Co-workers feel like family.
Company has changed considerable over the past few years, some positive.
Company with high turnover rate
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2015
Company has high turnover rate including management team. Therefore, many changes in structure and company development strategy.
A company in transition, but was good for me
Software Developer / Aptean (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Much of my job was maintenance oriented with respect to databases and development servers, but I also got to do some scripting and automation to improve the processes for everyone. I learned about automated building & deploying, managing Windows Servers, VM machines, and SQL Server machines.

I've enjoyed my time there and am sad that I have to be leaving my friends and colleagues after such a brief time.
Fun workplace with ping pang table and foosball table
Senior Automation Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2015
Most of the co-works are nice and polite. But this is not a company that will take good care of it's employees. And the company's condition is getting worse and worse. More than 50% of the employees are laid off.
Good experience
Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2014
A typical day at Aptean for me includes continuous learning and practice in the software, Based upon the need, I will be on a number of calls and web-based demos on any given day.

Overall, it has been a good experience. Sales management is responsive and "nearby." Recent changes have stirred things up in the company and the environment has become somewhat less enjoyable to work in.

The hardest part has been dealing with constant changes in company strategy. Not all have been bad, but they make it hard to speak with customers.
Pros
Large customer base, several loyal customers, lot of resources
Cons
Strategy changes, some lack of communication from top down.
Product Management Responsibilities and Directing Strategy.
Director of Product Management (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2014
Overall responsibilities include Product Management, Strategy and Vision for Aptean's Discrete Manufacturing Products.
Responsible for overall product strategy and business operations of a 25+ Million Dollar ERP Product Portfolio serving over 1000 customers. Instrumental in re-positioning of product line, regaining customer confidence and revamping the architecture to a new platform and bring stability and improved quality in the product. Working with customers and cross-functional product teams, create requirements and roll out new product launches working in an agile environment with Engineering, up/cross-sell strategy for products including mobility, analytics and CRM offerings for on-premise and cloud based subscription models.
Another great fun company to work for.
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
Enjoyed the company for many year but was disappointed when they said laid off 70 percent of the jobs when they said nobody is getting laid off after the company was sold.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Have a bad reputation in the job market
Inconsistent Management and Expectations
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, Ga.February 22, 2014
Coworkers were great, but management still hasn't provided a clear vision or set of expectations throughout the organization. There is no real performance management; people are replaced at the drop of a hat based on the whims of senior leadership.
Aptean Daily
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GANovember 14, 2013
The job can be chaotic but it has its moments of normancy. The company is going through a recent merger. The Finance department is very unorganized.
Pros
Software and Location (Nice area)
Cons
Long commute and Chaotic Environment
Good company, Some uncertainty
Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2013
Since company is fairly new, I am unable to give a thorough review at this time. However, i do enjoy woring with my colleagues.
Company Merger
Aptean Asia - Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  ChinaSeptember 6, 2013
I enjoy really much to work as a Sales Manager when closed 1 or 2M deal size or break quota. It made me feel high from the job satisfaction and really feel good with the USA head office Sales & Marketing team support.
Pros
5 days work
Company in transition
Employee (Current Employee) –  AtlantaJune 18, 2013
Company has gone through multiple changes including being acquired, merger, and rebranding. C-Level is all new and the company is still trying to determine its corporate culture.
Pros
New executive team brings stronger leadership and motivation
Cons
Company in transition
A great software Company
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAApril 28, 2013
I always learned something new every day working at APTEAN.