Apttus Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace with great people
Professional Services Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CANovember 15, 2017
A relaxed yet supportive work environment. Everyone I interacted with was helpful and wanted me to succeed. My manager regularly checked in to make sure the work was exploring my interests.
fun place
Desktop Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 31, 2017
Apttus is a great place to work. always have something to do. sky is the limit there. they expanded faster then they could actually keep up with. hopefully their growing pains will pass.
Pros
Free wed lunch. they always had something for the employees.
Cons
Managers.
Growing Pains
Director of Product Management (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 1, 2017
Senior leadership and Sales continually over promise to customers which leads to constant escalation and dysfunctional product development.

Leadership needs to back up engineering with long promised resourcing if they want to keep their talent and deliver quality products. They also need to learn how to set realistic customer expectations.

There are opportunities to be creative and some very smart people but expect to be overworked and unsupported.
Pros
Opportunity to be creative, subsidized lunches
Cons
Schizophrenic leadership, No 401K matching
Great First Sales Job
Business Development Representative, Enterprise (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 22, 2017
Great company to work for, ots of young recent grads on the sales team. Great management and work perks in terms of environment, PTO, location, benefits, etc.
Don't
Engagement Manager, Professional Services (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 7, 2017
Worked in professional services and in my opinion you are set up to fail with unrealistic deals to implement. Budget for implementation does not equate to reality to deliver. Product wasn't all it was sold to be and it seemed like a shell game to get the company public.
Pros
Cons
management culture
All about the bottom number and going public
Senior Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  CAMarch 1, 2017
All Apttus cares about is going public. They will sacrifice great employees. Upper management is clueless about the product and who truly matters. They need to focus on there customers more, and take care of there employees.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
no 401k match, bad management, lack of team
Exciting environment.
Video Producer (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Being on the verge of an IPO makes for a very exciting environment. People are very invested in the success of the company and work hard. Day to day life is good. Management gives a lot of ownership to the individuals.
challenging and always keeping you on your toes
Commissions Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 20, 2016
A typical day at work would start off by checking emails and making sure to attend to immediate concerns. I learned from management to be well rounded and to learn how to do everything. The hardest part of my job was closing every month. The demand of constantly making sure people were understanding what they were being paid and when. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with different people in the company and being able to help them get paid.
Pros
great benefits, great co- workers, great innovative product
Cons
long hours, management
Half a unicorn with a narcissist jockey.
Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 31, 2016
Apttus is the real life version of a startup that you would expect to see on an episode of Silicon Valley. The jockey of this horned donkey is a narcissist CEO (in title only) who views the employee population as girls in a pickup bar. The executive team is known in the Valley as the Junior Varsity of technology. Why is any of this relevant? This is real life folks. I worked there for nearly 2 years in a BD management role and examples like this has been instrumental in creating a toxic and unhealthy company culture. Unfortunately, HR is useless except in providing you with your final check which cant come soon enough for you or Apttus. A closely held secret is that Apttus now walks out groups of employees every Friday as a way to avoid a formal and public layoff.
In respect to the company outlook, the IPO window which was open a year ago has now closed following SFDC acquiring Steelbrick. The sword of investor sentiment cut this unicorn in half following this news. After all, why would you want to own equity in a company that only works on the platform of a company that you now compete against!?!? Don’t get fooled by the Apttus spin that Steelbrick isn’t in Enterprise. As someone involved in BD, i have seen them already move up the food chain. The move to replace the former inept and ineffective CFO (picture a third brother in Dumb and Dumber) with an experienced CFO was a good move. Unfortunately, she was dealt a horrible hand so talk of an IPO is really just a way to better position the company for sale. Does anyone believe that this market would respond positively
  more... to an Apttus IPO?? I wonder if Purina or Alpo is interested in buying this former unicorn. It might make good dog food.  less
Pros
Working there is full of laughs and tears like a good hollywood movie.
Cons
Impossible to list in one place
Downward Spiral
Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 31, 2016
Since Salesforce acquired competitor Apttus is in a downward spiral. Pipeline is drying up. Project implementations are challenged and of poor quality.
Company in need of leadership change
Senior Practice Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2016
Not a healthy work environment. Nepotism abounds. Founders refuse to relinquish control. Over hired in anticipation of IPO.
Pros
Pre-IPO Silicon Valley company
Cons
Pre-IPO Silicon Valley company
Fast pace environment
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 11, 2016
- Learnt a great deal of product management within 1.5 years of experience.
- The work life balance is missing
- Enjoyed working with my co-workers
No Time
Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 10, 2014
Not a great job to get right out of college, unless you go into sales, management had no time to train me.
Pros
free lunch on wednesday, company happy hours once a month
Cons
no training, lifeless work culture
First day
Freelance Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 8, 2013
I have only been to the office once to work on a project for a few hours and since then, I have not been into the office again because they are too busy for me to come in to complete the project. They have pushed the project back, so I am here hanging on until I hear from them again. It has been a week only, but I really hope to hear from them soon.
Pros
quiet environment
Cons
hectic