AquaSafe Pool Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not enough professional
Lifegaurd (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYDecember 11, 2017
I worked for AquaSafe for one summer, and I will not be returning. The managers r so un professional to solve the issue between ligaurd and suppervisor. HR r so relax and rude. Managers always looked too busy to answer simple questions. My issue was unsolved till the end.
Pros
Easy work, relax life
Cons
Unprofessional, irresponsible HR
Improving to the best every day!
International Coordinator (Current Employee) –  PAAugust 10, 2017
I have been working at Aquasafe Pool Management part-time more than 3 years.
The company develops every day! The whole team is working on a common goal. Every year I can see a big step forward, company implement new technics and try to make the work better.
There may be people who joined the company for the first year, do not see this HUGE improvement difference from last years..but employees who come back again and again from different parts of the world every year, choose AquaSafe, because they know that team are waiting for them, that they are happy to see them and their work is appreciated! I respect my employer that they care about people. Thank you.
Pros
Keep improving and appreciate your best employees. You on a good way!
Cons
We need to see positive in everything, so I'll skip all details which are not important!
No permitan que ellos le consiga alojamiento
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 26, 2017
La empresa es muy exigente con el trabajo pero no valora a sus empleados, el alojamiento que ellos le brindan no es el esperado al menos en mi experiencia y es demasiado caro
Pretty lax for a summer job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 21, 2017
Monitoring Ph levels, enforcing pool rules, preventing swimmers from being unsafe, and maintaining state & county safety protocols for swimmers.
Overall an okay summer job
Pros
Good money, Bi weekly, and good hours
Cons
Long days, applied for part time but got full time
Just A Bad company
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 19, 2017
a typical day at work would be mainly looking over people from a high chair and make sure that no one is doing anything wrong

i learned nothing new but just hone my nature skills

management was bad because there would be times that no one would go to the pool because they got sent somewhere else instead of preferred pool

the hardest part of the job is setting up the pool because all equipment is nearly broken and do not treat us lifeguards well
Pros
hourly breaks to clean the pool
Cons
facility is not clean, short on staff, dont pay fairly
Best Pool Company to work for
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAMay 6, 2017
Spring and summers are very busy, but this is the nature of the pool business in this part of US where pool season is only 3 months. Slower fall and winter makes up for the rush.
Wonderful
Staff (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAMay 3, 2017
Awesome people working for the company! Everyone is very positive and enthusiastic. As the organization is growing, many team members are growing to higher positions. You will get the necessary training and resources to help you reach the goals. Great benefits and very good team feel.
Pros
Diverse team members, career growth
Staff (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 29, 2017
The culture at AquaSafe is great, and the employees are even greater. Working here is enjoyable and everyone is always eager to help each other. Everybody is passionate about their work and works hard 24/7. I would highly recommend working with AquaSafe!
Pros
Weekly lunches, good pay, friendly staff
Diverse and dynamic
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 28, 2017
People often ask what a pool management company does in the winter but the answer is a lot! Part of what makes this company great is that you will never get bored because there is always something different to work on depending on the time of year. There is also excellent opportunities for advancement as upper management encourages everyone to constantly challenge themselves and will support your growth whether you want to take on a new project or attend a training. The diverse team makes every day interesting as well!
Pros
Culture, diversity, advancement opportunities
Cons
Busy season is Memorial Day to Labor Day
Lifeguarding job
Lifeguard for two summers (Former Employee) –  Ambler, PAMarch 13, 2017
I worked with Aquasafe Pool Management for two summers and the first summer was better than the second one. The second one was unorganized and something I would not go back too.They also told me I would get paid a certain amount then changed my salary rate without letting me know.
March 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. As an employee who worked with us for multiple years, you should know that we encourage open communication regarding any concerns and we will always do our best to make sure any issues are resolved. We are constantly working to improve so we would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you regarding this past season, and to see if we can come up with a solution to change your mind about coming back to work with us.
In regards to your salary, all employees sign an official job offer with their offered payrate clearly stated prior to starting their employment. There is no situation in which a payrate would be reduced from the officially offered payrate without reason or without the employee signing another official job offer. If you feel that this is not how your particular situation was handled, please contact our corporate office so that we may conduct a more thorough investigation.

Very welcoming
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 4, 2017
All employees are very welcoming, management is very welcoming and respectful as well as being very professional. Very straight forward job.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Some locations were a bit far for me personally
March 29, 2017

Thank you very much for your honest review! We appreciate your hard work and hope we will have the opportunity to work with you again in the future! In regards to the locations, as we grow we can only hope that we will add more locations that will be more convenient for you!

Great company with plenty of options to grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAFebruary 20, 2017
I have been with the company for more than 5 years and can see the overall operation improving each year. The Management always works toward improvement and innovations.
March 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and for your years of service! Dedication and hard work from employees like yourself are the reasons we are able to constantly improve!

Overall not a good place to work.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
I worked for AquaSafe for one summer, and I will not be returning. The managers expect too much with very little assistance. First day to the pool, no one contacted me on what to do or what the rules were. Managers always seemed too busy to answer simple questions, (pool chemical issues, patron complaints etc...). I wasn't given the hours I was offered over the phone interview.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Managers, free time, workplace assistance
February 20, 2017

We are very sorry that your experience with us this summer was not excellent. We appreciate feedback such as yours so we can identify the areas in need of improvement, and develop our training techniques appropriately. Employees are always encouraged to contact our HR Department with any concerns during the season so we can address the issue right away. Unfortunately, now we can only try to improve in the future. Again, we are very sorry that you did not enjoy your season with us and we would like the opportunity to speak to you about your concerns. Please contact our office at your earliest convenience.

Fun job but not so fun
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 17, 2016
A typical day at work was easy. I learned how to get along with a group of people and work with a team. My co-workers were okay. Some were good some were bad. The job isn't hard at all. What I enjoyed the most was that I got along with patrons and I could be myself while I was at work. I met a lot of great people.
February 20, 2017

Thank you for your review! We are glad you were able to make friends and learn some valuable skills during your summer with us! We hope to work with you again in the future!

Great Summer Job
My daughter's job - 2nd year with AquaSafe (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJuly 29, 2016
This is my daughter's 2nd year working for AquaSafe as a lifeguard. I can tell you that this job will completely transform your child. She became more mature, responsible, I even think that she became fitter - I guess being surrounded by active teenagers or young adults made the difference. The company itself is great, they have strict rules but treat their employees always with respect. I have been to their office (in MD) twice. Everybody is always so energetic, optimistic and excited that I myself almost applied for a job, but too bad I cannot swim :)
Anyways, I could highly recommend to anybody who wants to work for a company that cares, values great work ethic and always focuses on providing quality service to its clients - at least this has been my impression.
February 20, 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your daughter's hard work and dedication and we hope to work with her (and you!) again in the future!

Fun work place with opportunities to move up
Assistant Pool Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 19, 2016
This is the best summer job that anyone could ever have. I started out as a guard and moved up to assistant manager. I worked for the company for 3 years and I enjoyed every season. I am applying again this season and hope to be a manager. Great first time working experience and teaches you great skills sets with water safety and responsibility.
Pros
helping people, teaching kids to swim, learn great customer service and communication skills
March 29, 2017

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, hard work and dedication! We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future!

Excellent environment to work at
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2016
Being my first job, I didn't know what to expect but was very pleased with the awards and recognition programs. My favorite part about working at Aquasafe is my co-workers and supervisors, very family friendly environment. My supervisors were very approachable and easy to talk to. I can't wait for the summer!
Pros
near my home, great pay
February 11, 2016

Thank you for your positive review! We truly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to working with you again this Summer!

Awful
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 7, 2015
Work here if you want your life to be miserable. They hire kids from Ukraine on a Student work study, which is fine, if all of them spoke English. I could barely understand my supervisor. He would schedule on Sunday night a 11pm for that Monday and the rest of the week. Oh and if you have extensive Lifeguard experience and you ask for 10/hr don't feel special they give that to anyone who deals with them You should feel lucky you get paid at this job. You are suppose to get a check every 2 weeks. They will actual give you your first check a month in, also every check after that can come by whenever they please. They also don't know how to count hours right or count hours where your boss tells you to show earlier than the regular pool time. My supervisor also tried to schedule me 6 days a week which is weird because here in America we get two days off a week minimum. Get use to 11 hour shifts too WITH NO OTHER GUARD. You also get not lunch break and if you need to use the bathroom you have to close the pool which leaves customers upset. When you call corporate they do not care. As a lifeguard you are suppose to do pool management and it would be fine if as a lifeguard you were require to know how to fix pumps like an engineer. Rant over. Don't work for this company. EVER.
Pros
You MIGHT get paid your shared amount.
December 18, 2015

We are very sorry that you had an unpleasant experience this summer. You are encouraged to contact AquaSafe’s HR Department with any of your concerns. We appreciate feedback such as yours so that we can update our training practices to ensure that we are providing the most accurate and helpful information as possible during orientation and throughout the season. In regards to your concerns, I believe that it may have taken a bit longer for your paycheck to come to you because you started in the beginning of a pay period and therefore it would have taken 3 weeks before you would have received a paycheck. Paychecks are sent out as soon as they are issued and employees are encouraged to set up direct deposit before their first check. Again, we are very sorry you did not enjoy your season with us and would like the opportunity to talk to you about any concerns you have. Please give us a call at our corporate office at your earliest convenience.

productive, and fun
Head Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 21, 2014
it was always a long day at work, but always fun. everyday was meeting new great people.
December 18, 2015

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your honest feedback and thank you for your service!

Dream job
Pool Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2014
One of the easiest jobs ever, hours were great, cant't wait for the summer to come. Its pretty sweet if you're at a nice facility. Its obviously more then just sitting in a chair you gotta be ready in case **** happens. I've been working at a pool for three years now and have learned a lot about how the pump room works, chemicals.
Pros
fun, stay in shape, tan, and healthy
Cons
i dont really know there isnt to much i dislike about the job
December 18, 2015

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to working with you again!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AquaSafe Pool Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

AquaSafe Pool Management, Inc. Reviews by Location