Aquent Employee Reviews in United States

Great Onsite Contract with Full Support from Aquent
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 14, 2016
My experience working for Aquent on an ongoing contract as great! The management team handling this client was always very accessible, professional, transparent, and still fun and great to work with. I've worked on other long-term contracts previously and never had the amount of consistent contact as I've had with Aquent. They were there for whatever I needed and I've been able to build a good rapport and relationship that I will be sure to maintain. I've recently been converted to full-time with this client and am excited for the new opportunity. I would definitely recommend Aquent to anyone looking for a professional and flexible work environment. Their long term contracts are very much like a full-time job. Great company to work for!
Pros
Work-life balance, compensation
Cons
Very minimal PTO, High Health Insurance costs for families
Great Opportunities for Career Development
Campaign Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2016
I was contacted by Aquent via Monster.com and the hiring/interviewing process was very efficient and professional. The staff at Aquent are AMAZING top notch professional and always very responsive. The position Aquent placed me at was for a large software firm with good hourly rates. Aquent has great health, dental and vision insurance that stacks up against any software firm I have worked for in the past. I wish I would have known how great being a contractor was with a healthy work/life balance years ago as I am positive that I would have went to work for Aquent. I plan on staying with Aquent for a long time because it gives me the ability to work from home for the client which enhances my work/life balance.
Pros
Great staff, excellent insurance benefits
Cons
No paid vacation or sick days
Great clients, great opportunities, great support
Contractor - Senior Marketing Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAMarch 21, 2016
During the last six months I have contracted as a senior copywriter for one of Aquent's Fortune 500 technology clients. My work is often demanding and the client's expectations are always high. It's great to know that I am supported by an agency that understands my work and my challenges. Aquent has been exceptionally professional and responsive throughout my contract, and I especially appreciate that the agency is mindful of work/life balance considerations. Simply put, they get it. I recommend Aquent without reservation.
Pros
Management-level commitment and advocacy for freelancers, professional operations, long-term relationships
Cons
Great agency to work with
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 4, 2015
I just celebrated one year of working with Aquent. Although it is a contract position, I couldn't be happier or more impressed with Aquent and their talent agents. They truly care about their employees, their concerns, they keep in touch and check in often. The company has a huge emphasis on work-life balance, which is so impressive and refreshing. I have nothing but great things to say about my experiences with Aquent!
Pros
great culture, talents agents are wonderful to work with, love the emphasis on work-life balance
Cons
none that I can think of
Flexible work environment / Compensation Poor
Account Director (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 10, 2016
Company offers great flexibility and positive work / life balance. However, little opportunity for career growth and advancement. The compensation and bonus structure is lacking and well below industry and competition.
Pros
Work Flexibility
Cons
Salary and Commission below market rates
Excellent way to find incredible opportunities
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAApril 3, 2016
This was my first time working with Aquent. The recruiters were knowledgeable, friendly, and amazing people who always put my needs first. They helped me navigate each interview and learn the ropes once I started. I have been incredibly happy in my assignment and the employer recently offered me permanent placement. I am so glad I took the risk. Aquent was incredible and if I decide to change again, I will definitely look to them for guidance!
Pros
Excellent communication, committed recruiters, competitive pay
Endless Opportunities for Growth
Graphic Designer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 16, 2016
The Aquent team is awesome. Not only do they promote networking by hosting social events and group learning opportunities for all of their employees, but they also focus heavily on individual development and skill growth. There's been several times when I've expressed a desire for specific training and they were more than happy to provide me with great resources. There's also the Aquent Gymnasium which has free online courses that are taught by really talented and experienced coaches (I thought they would be boring, but I actually really enjoyed them). Also the simple fact that the staff is quick to respond and always really friendly is a huge plus. I've talked to some of my other colleagues that work for other agencies and they haven't talked to their agency contact more than once or twice in years. Aquent really is a great company with an incredible staff that do a lot for the people they represent.
Pros
Staff, Training, Networking
Cons
Average benefits, no vacation days
Rates are good; staff is helpful and motivating.
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 17, 2016
I learned of Aquent when I hired a Consultant at my last position snd then joined Aquent as a Consultant, myself. The staff at Aquent are professional and responsive. The positions Aquent places are at some of the top firms and for very good rates. Aquent pays a portion of the medical and dental benefits they offer. They also regularly organize after work events with their team and all the Consultants currently working at the company where you are placed.
Pros
Good rates, benefits, staff attentive
Cons
No paid holidays or vacations
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2016
My experience with Aquent has been nothing short of wonderful. Their recruiter found my resume online and contacted me about several opportunities that Aquent had to offer. They were extreamly supportive throughout the entire interview process. Once I was hired their on-borading assistance was easy they were extreamly transparent and left no questions unanswered. Once I was hired I found myself in a job that I loved with a company I could not be more proud of working for.

This whole experience has allowed many great changes in my life and I really have Aquent to thank for it.
Pros
Supportive Staff, Good Pay, Great Company Contacts, Great Healthcare
Cons
I didn't have any bad experiences
Great to work with and proactive
Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Home BasedApril 1, 2016
I've been working with Aquent for about three years now. They are excellent at keeping me informed and getting me jobs that work for me. I would highly recommend them.
Pros
Friendly, easy to work with, offer benefits
Professional caring culture.
Senior Designer/Art Director (Current Employee) –  Greater Milwaukee AreaMarch 18, 2016
Working through Aquent and VitaminT the past two years has proved to be an exciting experience. They offer great projects with great clients in a very flexible environment. They are concerned about you as an employee. As an example, they check in with you from "start to end". The process of contacting you about a project or position is very detailed and quick. The next phase of on-boarding is very professional with a well thought of online system. I would definitely recommend Aquent and VitaminT as a creative staffing agency.
Pros
Networking, Training
Great place to work for marketing talent with connections
Part-time Marketing Contractor (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 4, 2015
Aquent makes it easy to contract. If you're not in need of benefits and have a network, Aquent's staff makes changing assignments and time reporting (admin stuff) super easy.

If you're looking for career advancement or advice on when to ask for more money on assignments, etc., it's not the place for you. It's a very self-directed environmnent
Pros
cute calendars with their talent, easy time reporting apps
Great Agency with Helpful Recruiters
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2015
The recruiters at Aquent are great about working with talent. During the hiring process for my current contract position, my recruiter was very helpful and encouraging and has continued to check in regularly to make sure that everything is going well. Aquent has also provided opportunities to connect with other talent to form a community. Working with Aquent has been a great way to better understand the market, as my recruiter has always been upfront about what's available. They are always willing to work with talent and constantly thinking about people they have placed in the past for other opportunities.
Pros
Pay, having a recruiter "on your team, " and new opportunities to connect with the industry
Cons
Very pricey health insurance and no paid holidays or time off
Consistent and reliable professional support
NA (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2016
Aquent is the kind of place that feels as if you have entered a community of working professionals looking for the best project/job opportunities at any given moment.
It is a place with many open doors to a new opportunity, a new connection, a new path.
These community thrives on great communication skills and support, leaving an afterthought as if, there will always be a new project coming along the way.
Happy to be a member and willing to keep growing up with them.
Best-
Delfina
Attentive agents that really take into consideration your strengths and goals when placing you in a new position
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 29, 2016
Aquent is a great company to work with. I have worked with them in both Boston and San Diego and have nothing but good things to say! The agents are very attentive to what you want to get out of a job and really focus on your strengths when placing you in a new position. I have had the opportunity to work with two successful companies and have really grown as a designer. Aquent really helped me get my foot in the door!
It's a nice laid back place to work
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 2, 2015
Aquent is actually the contract/talent agency I worked through so most of my contact with them was by phone but I always found them to be informative and available. There wasn't a great deal of job security the second time I worked through them but that's really a statement on the company where I was placed more than Aquent themselves. Generally speaking, they were helpful in transitional situations and job situations.
Very positive & friendly atmosphere, people go out of their way to help you.
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2016
I'm working at one of the biggest companies in the NYC if not the world & the people couldn't be more laid back & down to earth!!! Very challenging work but once you do it a few times it becomes second nature. There's always someone there to help you out if you have any problems because they've been in your shoe before, all you have to do is ask!!!
Hip, professional, hard-working and they care
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2016
I began working with AQUENT in 2011. From short-term projects ranging from a well known design Agency to several national and international companies. My current position is off-site and has been long-term since 2012 and I couldn't be happier. Aquent has been all-around GREAT for me. Offering insurance, networking events and so much more with a fabulous team that cares. Thank you, AQUENT!
Good placement company
PROJECT COORDINATOR Contract at RAYTHEON (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2015
Was able to get several good contracts that aligned well with my skills. Company is very supportive of finding the right match. Good with benefits and great clients.
Pros
Great Clientell
Cons
Recruiters change
Great contract work opportunities
Digital Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2016
Aquent is a great employer and they have many contract job opportunities available. The only downside is that the premiums you pay for health insurance are a bit high for a family plan.
Pros
40 hour work week, many opportunities
Cons
Cost of healthcare