Aquent Employee Reviews

Money is good; management is overbearing
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2017
The money is generally fair, but the management is too overbearing. They constantly micromanage. They involve themselves too much in the employees' lives.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Too much management
Good company, short on planning
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  TXApril 10, 2017
Good company, good coworkers. Managers lack ability to direct employees with realistic steps. Office is very loud, not professional. Lack of marketing for specific clients, lack of follow through on new processes / procedures to be implemented.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Management flip-flops on forward directlion
Contract worker with Aquent
Video Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
It's been okay working with Aquent. Over the last two years I learned a great deal such as being fully self-sufficient on the job, to figure things out.
Great Work Life Balance
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Unlimited Vacation. Nice offices. Great medical. Metrics is king. Some really cool managers. Great pool of talent and some great clients but slim picking as lifers have the best clients.
Excellent company to work for.
Staffing Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2016
Good company.
Compensation and benefits are great.
Great environment. Everyone seem to work well together.
Room for growth.
Aquent care about their employees!!!
Fine company
Production Artist/Photoshop (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 14, 2016
Excellent Freelancing opportunity. Helpful staff. Great attitude. Highly recommend them.They are well connected with a variety of industries. Very helpful!
Pros
Very good on helping finding employment
Cons
When the work doesn't come in, long waits for assignments.
Great contract assignment, questionable support
Product Launch Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2016
I have worked for Aquent two years. I have had a great experience on my company assignment. This includes friendly and supportive co-workers, challenging work, a great work environment, and a management team that cares about people.

My experience with Aquent, on the other hand, is questionable. The company could stand to improve their communication strategies when dealing with contractors. Interaction with my Aquent account rep is virtually non-existent. He has made little effort to build a relationship. I make money for Aquent. It would be nice if the company showed concern for my growth and development.
Pros
Smooth process for on-boarding
Cons
No bonus structure, poor communication, no concern for growth and development
Great Clients!
Sr. Account Director, Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 13, 2016
Aquent is a great company with a awesome list of clients. I really enjoyed my two clients.

The company provided me additional trainings and a new set of skills that I will always appreciate. Thank you Aquent!
Aquent
IT Test Analyst Tier 4 Support (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILOctober 11, 2016
been here 4 months and they have been wonderful to me. When my contract got close to being done, they actively looked for a new position for me.
Great company!
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 4, 2016
Aquent is a great firm for contract work. The recruiters are very engaged and do their best to work for you as a contractor. I've always felt they have my best interests at heart.
Innovative and Exciting
National Account Director, Strategic Accounts (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 27, 2016
Very rewarding and always on the cutting edge of new technology. Company believes in training and coaching staff on newest trends in the industry.
Pros
excellent work life balance
Cons
Compensation plan is not very competitive compared to competition
Startup went through many changes. Usually interesting projects.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 8, 2016
Worked many different projects, at one time juggling 5 projects at once. Often had opportunities to learn both hardware and software. Frequently worked from home or on client site.

Projects might be solo or as part of a team. Enjoyed the people I worked with and appreciated management.
Pros
Independence and freedom, variety of projects
Cons
Growing pains.
contract house
Web Producer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 7, 2016
Aquent recruiters always found me a great job and quickly. Love working with my contact. Their HR on-site at Microsoft were responsive and helpful. However, the benefits are poor (health insurance middle of the road, but no vacation or sick days benefits) and compensation was low. I had to fight to get a raise from them after many years there - and did get it, but after being ready to leave.
Dedicated Team
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2016
The Atlanta office works well together. Good group of people who seem genuinely concerned about the talent. The placements have been positive experiences.
Excellent company
KB Technical Writer - onsite at Google (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 16, 2016
They care about you as an individual. Unfortunately, as a contract company, they don't have ultimate control over your career advancement. But they make every effort to assist you in your long-term efforts.
Scattered. No follow through with recruits
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2016
The professional recruiters at Aquent/Vitamin T are extremely friendly with positive attitudes. They try do their best for their clients (the hiring companies) when seeking contractors to fill open positions.

While I have had generally positive interactions with the recruiters at Aquent/Vitamin T, as a contractor in search of temp / temp-to-perm work opportunities; I will say they could stand to improve their communication strategies when dealing with contractors.

When first being approached for a role, I've had outstanding communications, working with recruiters,make sure they have everything they need from me to put my best foot forward in a role. I've successfully scored several interviews and a few placements as well.

However I've also been asked to apply for positions - then never heard back from the recruiter who contacted me. They pursue you hard, then drop off the face of the earth.

In one case, I went on an interview, the client indicated I had won the contract and would be hearing from my recruiter with the details in a few days. A week goes by and NOTHING. I tried contacting my recruiter. Turns out he went on vacation without telling me (or the client) or leaving instructions for another recruiter to follow up, So the client moved on to the next person on their list. My original recruiter never bothered to contact me after that, and I was offered a weak / second-hand apology from someone else in the office for his blunder.

On another occasion, I interviewed with the client - was told I would hear back within a week, one way or another
  more... and waited FOUR weeks before my recruiter finally got back to me only to say I had been passed over in favor of an internal applicant.

I can understand not being awarded a position - but recruiters not following through with contractors who are waiting is unprofessional and unacceptable on any level.

Contractors are more than a commodity. Learn to respect their time. Please train your recruiters in the absolute necessity for follow-through and timely response, regardless of whether a position is awarded or not, Any time I lose a gig because a recruiter has let my application fall through the cracks, or neglects to follow through with a client, is time and money I will never get back. I'm better than that. You should be too.
Pros
Friendly, enthusiastic recruiters
Cons
No follow through. Professional time-wasters.
One of the Best I have worked with, but there issues
Cloud Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2016
Those issues aren't really there fault. When you are a contractor for a major company, you don't get paid vacation. So if you don't work, you don't eat.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Great company when the client is happy.
Great work/life balance
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 29, 2016
Professional, easy-going, great people, great work/life balance, work from home, training at HQ in Boston, modern, forward thinking
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Can think and operate like a large corporate entity
Productive fun work place
National Account Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2016
I would've liked to see better communication in regard to company goals. The compensation is low in comparison to market competitors.
Only in it for the money.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 1, 2016
Treat you as a number; that's it. They neglect even the most basic care and respect for the people they place in contract roles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aquent. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval