Aquion Energy Employee Reviews

Down hill fast
Engineer (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 12, 2017
Bankruptcy changes everything, the entire team had excitement and a passion for what they came to work for everyday, but when you get too big and little to no profit being made you run out of money quickly.
Loved my job
Line Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PASeptember 22, 2017
Enjoyed working at Aquion. Great group of workers and learned alot from coworkers. Was a great experience but was very sad when the company declared bankruptcy due to mismanagment.
No Longer In Business
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 2, 2017
Aquion Energy was a great place to work. They have now closed and no longer hiring any positions. All employees all now looking for new opportunities for work.
Closed
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 1, 2017
Aquion was a great place to work however it recently had to layoff over 100 employees. I enjoyed my time there and the company set me up for success in the future. Overall it was a positive experience that I will take with me on my next adventure.
Good people, not stable
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 31, 2017
I worked with good people at Aquion, but they recently went bankrupt and laid off almost all of their employees. If they get bought or start up again, I would still consider working there.
Wonderful place and people. Grew too fast.
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2017
The time I have spent at Aquion has been a fantastic but stressful experience. I would gladly spend longer here, if we find a buyer and escape from our chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great environment, Sarcastic people
Cons
Benefits, high-risk industry, Bankrupt.
Fun while it lasted
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAMarch 28, 2017
Aquion Energy was a fun place to work until they went bankrupt in March 2017. Then they laid off most of the company. They are hoping to emerge from bankruptcy and get back to making energy storage batteries again.
Great company and great culture
PRODUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 7, 2017
Nothing but good to say about Aquion Energy start up company. They are trying to make a difference in the green energy storage market with innovative technology and assembly processes.
Typical day: Production assembly of batteries with high efficiency, quality and safety
What I learned: how to bring ideas and from and R&D level to scale up manufacturing capability.
Management: Strong leadership that is very knowledgeable.
Work place culture: Cultivated an inclusive team approach especially at the production facility.
Hardest Part. Getting upgraded chemistry proven out quickly.
Most enjoyable: Working with the people at the manufacturing facility all departments!
Pros
Great Manufacturing team.
Cons
R&D developments slow to change and improve product fast enough.
Manufacturing Start-Up In Every Sense
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 12, 2013
Aquion is truly a start up; long hours and low pay are expected. However, the company culture and support is great, and the long-term outlook is very positive.
Pros
Tech savvy workforce, casual environment, energetic and engaged staff
Cons
Below market comp, high stress and expectations
Fun place to work, no accountability
MANAGING DIRECTOR/HEAD OF OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 10, 2013
Very easy and pleasant place to work.

Academic environment, where fun comes first then objectives
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Pay is below market