ARAMARK Parks and Destinations Employee Reviews in United States

I loved it.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYSeptember 24, 2015
Staffing had attitude, but overall, the job was unlike anything I could have wanted. I would recommend this job to any age, its very flexible.
Pros
Free lunches, pay raises, bonuses
Cons
Breaks are "get them when u can"
Fast Pace, Physical work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Denali National Park, AKAugust 26, 2015
Cleaning numerous amounts of guest rooms in a limited amount of time. Fun place to work because of the amazing view in Denali National Park. A very diverse place to work. Met people from all over Europe to people from Australia. Hardest part was all the long distance walking to get from one cabin to another. But at the end of the day, just being somewhere as beautiful as Denali National Park made up for all the long walks.
Pros
Beautiful scenery, discounts on tours, free laundry
Cons
pay for room&board, small pay
It was only a good day because of my co-workers
Team Member (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJAugust 24, 2015
this company is defiantly all about money. they did things to save money that I would never do to anybody. they washed off spoiled food, they change dates on our hot food they leave food out. if food hits the floor they still serve it
Pros
frree lunch
Cons
long hours, short breaks, tiring work
Healthy environment
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Denali AlaskaJuly 22, 2015
Great team spirit company and resort. Very well structured and organized. Easy to move stay with the company a long time and grow in your career.
Amazing company culture.
Barista (Former Employee) –  AlaskaMay 14, 2015
Working with people from all over the world. Fun environment. Management is very professional and understandable. Company appreciate the employees.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No Cons
Fun employess
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland zooFebruary 25, 2015
I worked here for a while (2years) never got a raise we stand all day in the hot sun and get payed 8.10 an hour only plus was the good free food and te employees were fun to be with
Pros
free food, time off if needed
Cons
terrible pay, management rude
Some good and some Bad.
FB Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaSeptember 24, 2014
Aramark was alright to work for. My direct boss was great. The higher management individuals were not very professional. They actually made fun of employees at our weekly manager meeting. I saw many cases of favoritism and fraternization while working for this company. The HR manager was very vindictive and anything but non partial. When hired to the company a major focus was put on "Managing people out",which all comes back to the favoritism aspect. Basically they wanted to fire employees based on personal judgment as opposed to work performance.They were very consistent on freshness of product and safety. My direct boss showed me multiple ways to improve myself business wise. I learned a lot food the Food and Beverage department. My staff was good overall. I did realize that the corporate world is not for me after working for Aramark. The upper management was what made me find another job. It was basically a smile to your face and a middle finger once you turn your back. Also, Romantic relationship's between upper management are usually frowned upon.
Pros
piloben
Cons
judgemental management
Great work enviroment would love to go back
Restaurant Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  denali, alaskaJune 4, 2014
• Control of daily, weekly and monthly labor costs and proper staffing to established budget standards
• Assisted kitchen manager with monthly inventories, control of F&B costs to established budget
• Scheduled work assignments for all restaurant staff and other personnel as necessary to ensure adequate staffing at all times
• Took charge when unforeseen complications arose and maintained a positive attitude at all times
Pros
great staff
Cons
seasonal position
horrible managment
kitchen supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OhioApril 23, 2014
I would say this was the most stressful place i have worked! Not because of the inmates but because of the managment. I was cursed at, lied to, and just straight disrespected by my managers when i worked there. I stayed 3 hours over my shift one day and couldnt stay longer cause i had to get my children. My manager told me I had to stay or get wrote up and my 4 and 5 year olds should fend for themselves! No understanding of family when she then tried to make me work 16 hour shifts on Saturdays and Sunday's as a single mom. I have never neen treated worse at a job than this place!
Pros
exciting environment
Cons
horrible manament, no leadership from managment
Craziest work environment I've ever had
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bullfrog, UTNovember 12, 2013
The only good thing about this job was it's in a beautiful location but other than that, things were pretty messed up. I was hired as a lead cashier... there was NO training, NO supervisor, NO co-worker for months (I had to work 6 days a week including split shifts and had to do all supervisor duties), we were supposed to be able to rent boats for free but it never happened, no recreation for employees, not enough year-around supervisors, lodge didn't even have a manger most of the season, housing is expensive (you have to live in company housing because it was in a national recreational area), all departments were very much short staffed. I will never go back.
Pros
beautiful environment, good edr
Cons
no benefits, short staffed, no training
Productive and excellent work enviornment
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2013
I would receive inbound calls from previous or new guests whom were interested in booking reservations for bus tours, boat tours, hotels, and cabins. This position provided many opportunities for advancement and a great deal of experience in customer service. All of my co-workers were enthusiastic about their job and were very friendly. The thing I enjoyed most about this position was working with guests of different cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
Pros
free lunch on fridays, opportunity advancement, and hourly pay
Cons
seasonal position
Good company
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  NVApril 21, 2013
confusing Organizational structure and communication between components was not very good at times.
Pros
very diverse in cuisine types accross the resort
Cons
no free time, very complicated organizational structure.
do not take this job.
food service manager. management on duty (Former Employee) –  Olympic peninsula, port Angeles , waApril 15, 2013
This company will use and abuse you. They will make you work long hours with no break. Help is limited. The General Manager was incompetent and verbally attacked me. Human resources didn't care about the little guy....me. I gave up my whole summer with much stress to this company. .they only care about the dollar at the end of the day.
Pros
working in the olympic national park. my employees were funny. the lake was peaceful.
Cons
no management perks whatsoever. no support, human resources. you have no say in your schedule and they will work you as much as they want.
Great work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2013
Average day consists of coming in, cup of coco and loging in. Rarely down time cause its always busy.Customers calling in, you helping the customers, giving customers information, seeing if you can offer customers better package deals. management has an open door policy. Co-Workers always helping each other grow. The hardest part to me was the 1st 2 weeks out of training. After that everything was easy. Most enjoyable for me was getting to help the customers.
Pros
great help from everyone
Cons
job was seasonal
Entrepreneurial spirit, extreme turnover
Director of Central Reservations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2012
Exciting company with many opportunities, but suffered massive turnover and confused the management concept of "Matrix Organization" with "you'll have more bosses than you would expect and some of them have no right to be anyone's boss."

Would work there again if the right people hired me and seemed likely to be there for 3 years.
Pros
compensation, opportunity, diversity.
Cons
lack of accountability, support systems, revolving door.

2.9