ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Employee Type: Full Time
Career Band: -
Category: SERVICE/FIELD SERVICE/ROUTE SLS/RTE SLS
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In 2012, FORTUNE magazine again recognized ARAMARK on its list of “World’s Most Admired Companies.” ARAMARK has consistently ranked since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. Also in 2012, ARAMARK was honored as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company's Web site, www.aramark.com or www.twitter.com/aramarknews.
ARAMARK Uniform Services (AUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, AUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. AUS operates from over 200 locations nationwide and has an opportunity for a Route Sales Representative in Marion, IL.
- Travel in a designated area using a company step van to provide products and service to a variety of clients
- Manage daily routes independently to ensure proper and timely delivery of product
- Load/unload product per company protocol
- Provide outstanding customer service and maintain customer relations
- Meet sales goals and promote overall route growth to enhance profitability
- Develop leads/prospects and call on prospective customers to solicit business
- Assist the sales team in procuring new business opportunities
- Monitor customer feedback and handle customer issues in a prompt and courteous manner
- Collect cash payments on accounts
- Operate company vehicle in a safe and appropriate manner
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to safely operate a step van vehicle
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to provide a high quality service within a fast-paced and physically challenging environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Solid math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Prompt arrival and regular attendance is mandatory
- Safely lift and carry up to 50 lbs consistently
- Valid Driver’s License
- Successful completion of Criminal Background, Motor Vehicle Record, and Drug Screen checks
ARAMARK is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
Candidates are considered for employment with ARAMARK without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or other protected veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.