To participate in the activities that directs the day to day operation of the subway unit in the Courtyard Café. This individual actively participates in the preparation and service of the subway menu. This position participates with the supervision, coordination and direction of unit team members, and plays a large role in the preservation of subway standards, sanitation and safety standards.
1. To maintain subway file organization and administration
2. Participate in preparing and operating the subway stations this includes:
a. Help aid in washing, peeling, slicing and generally prepare ingredients as identified by recipe.
b. Cut, trim, bone, carve and generally prepare meats, poultry and fish as identified by recipe.
c. Measure, mix, portion and generally prepare ingredients as identified in accordance to Fast Forward and OPX standardization. Cook and otherwise prepare menu selections according to recipes per assigned venue.
d. Portion and serve daily menu selections.
e. Prepare guest menu selections.
f. Give instructions as to size of portions and methods of presentation and garnishing according to subway guidelines.
3. Maintain and oversee subway production records per necessary production levels and adjust then according to daily sales reports and need
4. Oversee correct labeling/sequencing of subway products
5. Place orders for subway weekly ( Sysco, Milk, piazza, and Pepsi)
6. Input Subway Inventory, and turn Daily Numbers in.
7. Transmit daily numbers
8. Maintain and update all signage according to subway standards
9. Directly oversee the subway employees day to day activities ensuring that they are achieving a high level of efficiency and following subway guidelines
10. Perform “other” job-related duties as assigned by management, which achieve the established goals of ARAMARK and the client.
1. Set up breakfast (coffee, bagels, etc)
2. Set up Subway Breakfast Line
3. Be sure new items are put in register correctly
4. While working the subway stations:
a. Review the menu and determine what can be used from previous day's prep to help in the process of “Utilizing leftovers.”
b. Clean and sanitize all equipment used.
c. Secure all prepared products in accordance to subway safe food handling techniques, practices and guidelines.
d. Ensure venue is prepared for operation according to subway plan. .
e. Ensure service ware is appropriate to the assigned products according to the day’s production records and stocked per subway merchandizing plan.
f. Confirm with assigned team member’s production status. Adjust production and personnel assignments if necessary to meet service projections.
g. Complete final preparations for the day’s service period.
h. Secure subway service point at end of service period. Check to make sure all products are wrapped, labeled, dated properly and store all food ingredients in accordance to the subway safe food handling techniques, practices and guidelines
5. Bake, stretch, and finalize all bread baking ensuring length is appropriate and par levels are met
6. Ensure that all associates are reaching the highest level of customer service
7. Maintain accurate signage according to the weekly specials at subway
8. Turn in daily numbers for breakfast and lunch to appropriate personnel
9. Maintain a clean and organized work station
10. Participate in pre-service meeting every day.
To do this Kind of work, you must be able to:
1. Skillfully use hand tools or equipment needed for your work.
2. Read directions for the items to be prepared.
3. Measure, cut, portion or otherwise work on materials with great precision.
4. Use arithmetic to: figure amounts of product needed, portions to be followed and cost as related to menu price.
5. Picture what the finished product will look like.
6. Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as produced.
7. Communicate menu, ingredient and preparation methods.
Expectations, you must achieve in this position include:
1. Dependable and timely attendance record.
2. Performance consistent with education or experience.
3. Ability to cope with varied and fast paced activities.
4. Ability to build relationships with guests & coworkers.
5. Meet sanitation, food handling, and quality & presentation standards.
6. Willing accept change, new procedures & constructive comments.
7. Compliance with ARAMARK & Client guidelines & procedures.
8. Exhibit and practice the highest level of Guest Service Skills.
9. Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and meet production and service time schedules.
10. Demonstration of consistent professionalism in the execution of daily assignments.
1. Lifting 40lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
2. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
3. Includes: Reaching. Handling. Fingering. Feeling. Talking. Hearing. Seeing.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not
necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered
"inside" if the worker spends approximately 75 percent
or more of the time inside.
Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to :
apply basic arithmetic, fractions, percentages, ratio and proportions.
Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to:
- Read and understand instructions, safety rules & guidelines.
- Complete written reports with proper format, punctuation,
spelling and grammar.
- Speak with poise, voice control and confidence using correct
English and well-modulated voice.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Comparing: In the performance of your job you must be able to understand and identify the established standards related to your job performance and product produced. You must be able to evaluate whether established standards are being met, and, if not, the proper corrective action necessary.
People: Taking Instructions / Helping: In the performance of your job you must be able to recognize and take direction to assist coworkers in the execution of daily production and service needs. This activity may include assisting with duties outside of your daily routine.
Things: Maneuver / Operate: In the performance of your job you will be required to use body parts and tools to move, guide or place objects and materials. You must be able to recognize and select the appropriate tool and method for the task at hand.
Specific Vocational Preparation:
Level of experience, skill and expertise can include a combination of vocational education, apprentice training or on-the-job training, in equal or less responsible jobs, which lead to the higher job.
To do this job requires a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or education as outlined above. Must have minimum 1-year supervisory experience.