Aramark
4,030 reviews

Aramark Employee Reviews

My review is based on my job at Aramark Healthcare at Grady Hospital.
floor technition (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Great environment, Great hours.
Cons: Short breaks 30 mins.
I love working here. I sweep mop and burnish patient and doctor rooms floors daily. I really enjoy working doing something that i really like. Great hours, holiday pay. My job is also 10 mins from my house. My Co workers are very friendly they have showed me alot. The hardest part of my day is when i strip and wax floors, i try my best to make the floors look good. My managers are fair and treat me with respect they always make sure i have everything i need before i start my work. I like receiving my hard earned pay check, that is my enjoyable thing i love about my job.
Motivating and productive
Sales representative (Current Employee), Emmitsburg, MDJuly 26, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons: Nothing I know of
Very productive place to work, with interesting colleagues that motivates you. Wonderful supervisors and great managers with good customers and client relations.
Can be great sense of family depending on the component.
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee), VA Beach, VAJuly 26, 2015
Poor focus on benefits to hourly employees. Hourly employees considered extremely expendable. Transferring within the company very difficult unless you;re a salaried manager.
No scope for advancement
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Referral fees. five sick days.
Cons: not very good working environment, very noisy office.
A typical day is very hectic and sometimes stressful.
Learned how to cope with stress and how to prioritize.
Management is not the best.
Co-workers are 60% genuine.
Hardest part of the job is that you cannot finish one project and you are giving another one and sometimes a third one.
Most enjoyable part of the job is it is close to home and I am thankful I have a job.
Always on going and fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Gorham, MEJuly 25, 2015
Pros: free food, extra shifts
Cons: drunk college kids, less study time
Fun place to work because it was a college campus and there was so many different kids to see and to also work with. I had been working there for 2 1/2 years and loved every minute of it. The best part was being able to get along with all of my managers since day one until the very end.
Management too busy with paper work.
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 25, 2015
Chef and Operations Manager were consistently micro-managed by the GM.
Too much unproductive and redundant red tape.
Little to no opportunity for advancement.
Politics more important quality of work.
Serious culture and leadership issues
General Manager (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaJuly 24, 2015
The company is not supportive of clinic staff and the environment is harsh and abusive with your job threaten for small mistakes. It is hard to accrue time because salary personnel has to use vacation time to even see their doctor. It could be a great place to work if emphasis was placed on retention of clinic staff.
Fun job to have
ASSISTANT FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 24, 2015
Pros: teaching inmates now to cook
Cons: hearthcare
I had a good crew. I most like training new Aramark work's and teaching the inmate now to cooking skills . We where eating about 2800 inmates three times a day.
very low pay
Seasonal Sales Vendor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 24, 2015
Pros: see free games
Cons: low pay
it was fun to work at sporting events and interact with fans when I sells foods and drink at the seatings areas. But the downside is you work for only $25 a game while on commision.
Great workplace to be around. Very professional
Environmental Service Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: The work environment was professional and everything based on company's standards were excellent.
My job duties consist of being responsible for general overall sanitation within departments as assigned, and assist visitors or patients within the hospital upon request. In addition to my people skills customer service skills I'm also a fantastic worker. I complete all assigned tasks on time as well as have great attention to detail. It is important to be versatile in as many areas such as possible. The more you learn the more experience you'll have and the better worker you'll become.
no comment
Biomedical Electronics Tech (Current Employee), Madisonville, KyJuly 23, 2015
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
Sorry for what I have to say, I have learned that Aramark's management does not care for their employee's. Pay raises or advancement is almost impossible. Upper management look out for themselves. They take the bonuses from the working employees that make them look good in the books. Work with younger people that are only after a paycheck, I care about my job and the customer I have to take care of. The patient is the most valuable customer.
Was what a first job is expected to be
Stocker/Floor Person (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Fine organization if you need a job, I wouldn't know what a career is like there, but over all enjoyed it. The most enjoyable part was a close knit team i suppose
was able to learn new things.
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee), Arlington VirginiaJuly 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: short breaks.
the work day was okay not enough pay for the job. the company does not acknowledge employees when the do a good job.i learned a lot working at the hospital my co-workers was nice the job was easy talking to the patients was the most enjoyable part.
Facility included state of the art gym for employees
Lead Cook (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Caribou coffee drinks
Cons: Poor management, poor benefits
My day would start out with hand tossing dough, making sauces from scratch and instructing second in command to prep for sandwiches. I enjoyed working with her. She was very passionate and extremely great with customers. The hardest part of the job was prepping for lunch in the time we were giving. The most enjoyable part was interacting with customers. They were really down to earth.
Enjoyed the challenges of difficult decision making. Enjoyed working day to day with my staff and engaging with my customers
General Manager (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Own hours. Met great people
Cons: No 401k, no support from ownership, no room for advancement
Worked usually 6 days a week starting at 7am and until I left (times varied). Learned better communication skills, multi tasking, reading and creating P&Ls.
Good Workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), knoxville tnJuly 22, 2015
going into work was ok for me, i always knew what to expect. i learned a lot by working there. Management was great until the new management came in. Overall this job was great
Productive and Fun work place
Sales Personnel (Current Employee), Mount St. Mary's University Emmitsburg, MD 21727July 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Short break
It's been a good experience working with the company. I enjoy conversation with the management and most staff. It's usually fun at work.
We Dream We Do
Custodial Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Growth potential
Cons: NA
Managed multiple sites daily
Aramark GM 101
Self driven and Diverse
Team Oriented
Initial Start up of a new line of business with CPS
Making a difference
duties of the retail sales position
Retail Sales (Current Employee), Presque Isle, MEJuly 21, 2015
Pros: easy work environment
Cons: short hours
customer service
daily inventory
daily cash up
computer
An excellent work force to be a part of.
stock inventory
answer phone
daily cleaning
answer customer questions.
My manager was excellent to work for we had an excellent working relationship very easy to communicate with.
Non proactive environment/culturally defective
Service Assistant (Former Employee), Hickory, NCJuly 21, 2015
Supervision was poorly. Non existence team work collaboration. Immediate supervisor underdeveloped for advanced employee professionalism and production.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aramark

Today is a Brand New Day Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, – Read more

Aramark Salaries