Aramark

4.1K reviews

Aramark Employee Reviews

fast past
Food Server (Former Employee), Brooklyn, New YorkAugust 29, 2015
Atypical day at work would involved prepping food and drinks for game spectators. Aramark was my first real job where I had to work on my feet all day and night. My co-workers made working on my feet all night and day fun. We took turns helping each other out and making sure every fan had everything they wanted and needed. The hardest part about this job would be not getting any breaks. I enjoyed working with people that made such a busy and hectic job easy going.
A face to face workplace with emphasis on customer happiness
Caterer/Server (Former Employee), Searcy, ARAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, great managers, good co-workers
Cons: Busy weeks left little time for my studies
A standard day of work began with review of the day's listed events, room preparation for those events, supervision of events to make certain the customers are 100% satisfied. After the day's events took place, we would clean each room and reset them for the next day's events. I learned through this process that if the customers are happy, management would be happy with the job we'd done. Co-workers were typically hard workers who understood how to get things done and worked in a friendly manner. People skills is a very important part of that job and any job requiring a direct face to customers and clients. The hardest part of this job was to pick up the slack on lazy team members. The majority of my co-workers were wonderful, but if the schedule required me to work with another member of my team that was not experienced or determined enough, the job of setting/cleaning rooms for events with hundreds of people became even more difficult. The most enjoyable part of this job was making friends with my co-workers and getting to know frequent customers.
Overall work day
Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 27, 2015
A overall work day consists of W.E.S.T. meaning
W- Welcome
E-Eger
S- Smile
T- Thank you
Everything Aramark do is for the satisfaction of it's customers.
job
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Lansing KansasAugust 26, 2015
Pros: pay and benifits
Cons: dont have enought safety
Communication and training needs improvement to have knowledge in doing job . Communications in changes. Need someone to explains benefits
Valuable experience earned
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Valuable experience
Cons: Low starting salaries
Started as an Accelerate to Leadership intern who learned all avenues of the business. Once the program ended I was offered multiple job opportunities. The starting salary was not impressionable, but overall the learning experience has been great.
Don't work here
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 25, 2015
Simple don't work here. Management is terrible, they don't work with you at all. Even after being there 7 months they wouldn't let me and a coworker switch shifts. Me and him had the same amount of experience and skills, we both had a need for the other's shift.
Slow moving company with few opportunities for growth
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Salary, Benefits
Cons: Little or very slow advancement, Very little to create engaged environment for employees, Unrealistic goals, Excessive travel
Large company that offered security and some opportunity to learn. Hard to get things done or make changes because company is so large. Confusing sales process. Resources available but scattered. Difficult to get answers to questions. Office environment is depressing.
awesome company to work for
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2015
Aramark is truly a diverse company. The community outreach is unsurpassed to many companies and they engage their employees in all aspects of the company.
A well rounded and productive company to work for and people to work with.
Middle school custodian (Current Employee), Dallas,GaAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Able to work at our own pace as long as the work is done within work hours.
A typical day at work for me/us would be cleaning our assigned areas in the middle school. Once school is dismissed we pull trash, sweep/mop floors, etc., to make sure the building is ready for the following day.
What is expected
General Manager (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILAugust 25, 2015
Was satisfied with Aramark and its leadership. I worked in two facets of Aramark through my career and although the company is changing, it seems to be going in the right direction.
Great part time job
Concessions Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 24, 2015
I have worked at Consol for almost 20 years. Good pay, fun atmosphere, great to be at all the exciting events and hockey games.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Liberty Townshp, OHAugust 24, 2015
It was a nice company to work for. They work around any outside things you have to do. The coworkers are very friendly and they are a very good help. The coworkers are also good at teamwork.
It was fun working there.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Vermillion, SDAugust 24, 2015
Pros: There was work each day.
Cons: No benefits
It was a good job, management was nice at times, got some good experience, worked with some nice people. The job was fun, and I enjoyed it. I like working with my hands.
Positive, Productive, and Enjoyable Workplace
Office Assistant/Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Free breakfasts & lunches
Cons: short breaks, health-care, life insurance
Positive and productive work environment;
Learned new accounts payable system;
Wonderful relation with co-worker (both upper & lower management);
The hardest part of the job was separating or sorting hundreds of invoices by dollar amount and reconciling them to the check book and accounts payable vendor invoices report (APVIs) Report.
The most enjoyable part of the job was completing all the processes required and balancing the data.
Poor enviroment
Warehouse Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no chance of advancement
No security no chance for advancement. Only people that should consider working here, are college students needing a PT job for the summer. Our high school students that just need some extra cash.
Food Service in Correction at a county jail.
Front Line Manager (Former Employee), Eldora, IAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Working with the Correctional Officers, My Staff, teaching inmates how to cook for them to use as a reference on a job application, flexible schedules
Cons: Lack of staff to pass back ground checks, distance for support, finding the time to train new employees correctly
Oversaw the staff and inmates in the kitchen of the county Jail. I would help assist in prep of breakfast, baking and Lunch. Inventory of what was on hand in the store room, kitchen, Laundry room chemicals, cooler and freezer was taken to determined the inventory on hand for ordering my bulk orders. Ensuring all the chemicals used were working correctly threw the automatic dispensers. Staff and inmate safety training. Validated recipes and staff documentation of temperature control of service line. AP and AR invoices entered on a spreadsheet for the accountant. Staff schedules and coverage for Days off. Ensured we were meeting the Health and Inspection requirements daily as well as the ICE requirements. I was responsible for New Hire paperwork, I 9, Direct deposits, trainings, W4s,

Hardest part was the support of my team was located in Nebraska. Everything was done over a phone.

Most enjoyable part was everyday was different. I enjoyed challenges and on spot decision making.
enjoy working and meeting customers
PART TIME - COOK (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJAugust 24, 2015
Pros: they provided food at not cost to employees
Cons: uniforms being in black on very hot days
Cooking the food for the event. Learned about safety haz mat. Learned that there are all kinds of people in this world that enjoy going to see the same event. The management was outstanding, always there for you. Co-workers where great to work side by side with. The job was fun to go everyday.
Nice work environment
Director of Accounting (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Nice work environment
Cons: lots of managemenbt turnover due to recurring restructures
Many employees with long tenure with company;
Poor systems....new management has worked to improve the systems and processes
Great Job
Food Service Director/ Commissary Manager (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Long Hours
Aramark is a great company to work for if you are trying to grow your career. I really want to grow you to your fullest. There are 11 lines of business and you are able to move freely between all 11 as long as you qualify.
About me
Janitorial (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2015
On a typical day at work I perform my job duties and help others where needed. I have learned hoe to be a team player and how to give proper customer service.
Headquarters