Aramark Employee Reviews

Found 6,659 reviews matching the search
Very productive
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2017
I had work for this company quite sometime and I was a plant worker and I got a promotion within two years as been the plant supervisor I supervised over 75 employees and I learned very quickly I enjoyed it
Aramark's workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2017
Aramark is a company that service all different kinds of food to service about 2000 people walking through those doors. A typical day at Aramark is busy we make a service something different everyday, we also had catering going on behind the closed doors. Honestly the management there could be some improvements.
Pros
People are friendly, good team work.
Cons
No benefits there, sometimes we ran out of product a lot.
Fun place to work
Mystery Shopper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2017
Aramark provided good management which allowed it to be a easy place to work. the most enjoyable part of my job was working with the variety of people that was a apart of Aramac's team.
interesting at most
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 23, 2017
interesting place to work with career advancement.. Fun and exciting. The bosses realy care and are willing to work with you. Always adding new carrer opertunities.
work
Labor (Current Employee) –  East Moline, ILApril 23, 2017
I have learned a lot over the years i have been working at Aramark. i learned if u want something done fast and right just do it yourself. You need to have mangers who care about what is going on in the workplace and not just a pay check. Safety is very important in most workplaces but is not enforced where i work and I cant do much about it. I do enjoy working at Aramark regardless of the bad things that goes on. I recommend any who likes fast jobs this is the job for you.
Flexible Job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 23, 2017
A typical day is pretty fast paced, but it does help the day go by faster. If you happen to be short staffed, it can be hard to get a bathroom break if you need one, but it's not the company's fault if someone calls out sick.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Not full time.
No work life balance, not honest about PTO policy, long hours, hard work, no honesty, loyalty, it's alll about $$$,stock holders to drive price shares
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2017
Company culture is all about money and business decisions not about employees. They expect you to work 12-15 hrs, holidays, and weekends even though they talk and it's just talk about making sure there is a work life balance
Decisions are made based on $$$ they take away all resources to do your job and expect you to get it done. You ask for help and they hem haw around. They penalize advancement based on losing a national account but no action taken to the NATIONAL ACCOUNT manager who is responsible for that account we just service the account. There are double standards based on who you are. The HR department automatically makes medical decisions even though not qualified or has any medical/healthcare knowledge, experience, or a medically qualified doctor.
Started out great but leadership change and focus put company in different direction now there competitor is taking business away

Long hours, hard work, no family time, honesty, or loyalty. Would advise against unless you do not have a life and are a workaholic.

Change vacation policy but did not tell the company...basically once you get to 80 hrs you stop accruing PTO so they force you take vacation on their terms rather than you taking your earned vacation when you can as a family...sneaky not telling employees so you are working thinking you are earning time but you are not...sounds against labor laws.
Pros
Union
Cons
Longhours expected, no work life balance
Professional Environment
Environmental Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 22, 2017
Managers are great
Food is great
Enjoyable working team
Management team was awesome
Typical day was busy, fun, fast pace and customers rewarded employees
Pros
Life/Work Balance
Operations Managers dream
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 22, 2017
Aramark was a fun job. It was very similar to my United Parcel Service experience in many ways. Fleet maintenance, on hands training, recruiting and developing talent.

All at the same time as conducting Business Development activities.
Pros
A job an experienced manager can flouish in.
Cons
None really.
To much backstabbing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2017
G.M always on your back nothing was ever good enough
No staff
90 % off the staff is from other counties very hard to fire someone. Absolutely no support
Stay away they love to lie to you just to get you in the door. Absolutely little communicaton.
Pros
Noon
Cons
All ove the company back stabbing management
8 and half years with this company
National Accounts Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 22, 2017
Worked here since October 2008
Worked in Lexington, Ky
Has been a MASS exodus of people leaving.
Extremely high turnover rate in the last several years.
regret staying for at long as i did
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2017
very unorganized and no security hours were always changing or should i say reducing. they hired me at full time then two weeks later took me don to part time without an explanation for it the then continued to call me on my days off and beg me to work the same shift they took for me
Its exciting
Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 22, 2017
If your young and fast this is the job for you. Many hours. Good environment . great food. The big plus its an chance to open up to you culinary skills.
Pros
Fun fun fun
Cons
Short staff
Fun working place
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 22, 2017
Fun and exciting if you enjoy sports and the team workers work well together. The job is not stressful and allows you to try different areas to work in which allows you the opportunity to learn new things.
Pros
Free lunch, flexibility, and upward mobility
Cons
Health care and slow increasing raises
Good times
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 21, 2017
You are very independent at your own pace. You have your own work to do but sometimes you are just low staff and have to do more. Although its a very hard work, it gets easier once you find your own way of doing things.
frustrating
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 21, 2017
managers don't care about complications in your life. I don't recommend this job if you are still in school because they will not work with your schedule.
It was a tedious job but with fun people.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 21, 2017
It's a standard entry level job. It was tedious work , but the great people there made up for it. A good job to make a little spending money or extra rent.
jus need a quick job
Warehouse Runner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
the job wasn't really what I wanted, my mom helped me get it. pretty cool working in the stadium, worked on game days and not game days. stocked all the stands with food and beers for the game or events going on up there.
Pros
meet some of the texans football players
Cons
work long hours
Friendly people but no preparation
Extern (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAApril 21, 2017
A typical day working as an extern for aramark was working in one of my on-campus dining halls. They kind of just threw you into the different food places without much explanation. I learned how to prepare food and implemented my customer service skills. The people I worked with were all friendly.
Excellent learning and mulitple opportunities
Financial Analyst, FP&A (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2017
A very good company to work. Balanced work life, new opportunities to look forward at work, friendly team, new techniques used for analysis. The company should pay better though!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.