Aramark Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,437 reviews matching the search
Working for Aramark
fiduciary clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2016
My typical day at work is sometimes busy. I love what I do my job is very easy. What I have learned about my job is how the Jail system work. management overall is good I like the way the managers handle certain shifts. I get along with all my co workers. The hardest part of my job is getting to know a co worker and they end up quitting or finding another position. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting along with everyone that makes the job easier and the day goes by smoother.
Its a job
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 5, 2016
I have been employed with Aramark for almost 2 years. I feel that with certain Directors and Managers should not be friends because its hard to have unbiased opinion, because no matter how bad your Manager is doing or how bad he treats his employees, he will always be right. I feel like that myself and others like me(same color) get treated differently than other races. We really don't get the recognition like our other coworker's do. What a downer.
Pros
free lunch on Monday's & Friday's.. ok benefits..not enough pto hours given a few a month
Cons
No thanks for a good job, all about the sales.a, man's world..pounds and pounds of food thrown in the garbage daily. Not alot of respect for women
Job for people who are down on their luck and can't find work.
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJune 21, 2016
A typical day at work would be taking dishes and cleaning them off in a medium paced environment. I learned to show up the days I was supposed to work as well as on time. Management was always changing as people would find jobs and leave the company but that was at every level. The people who worked there were OK people but they didnt really like their job just something to make a little bit of money. Hardest part of the job would be not receiving pay raises.
Overall lacks consistency across accounts
Food Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2016
To make a long story short, every account at Aramark is so different from management to operational and organizational structure that its hard to compare the company and judge it as a whole. The best thing is that you definitely have stability in the company and there are many opportunities to have a change in job. But, overall, you really have to get lucky and hope that the account you're working at has a good environment and has procedures in place on how to do things.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Poor work life balance inconsistency in the quality of management
Exciting environment scheduling events
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CAJune 22, 2016
Overseeing daily operations pertaining to guests, staff and schedules for the Tahoe Queen, MS Dixie and Zephyr Cove Resort/Marina.
I learned to always lend a helping hand and help ensure everyone has a great experience.
Management was great and the co-workers were always there when needing help.
Hardest part of the job? It was seasonal, hard saying goodbye.
Loved the environment, very enjoyable.
Pros
Free rides on the different boat tours along with discounts for the ski mobiles.
Cons
Seasonal
Productive and always busy.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 24, 2016
A typical day at work always starts with coming in early and having a set plan for the day. Communicating with my employees in what they're supposed to do and what I expect from them. Letting them know how they day is going to go and preparing them for when our typical rushes are going to come helps with executing a very smooth and easy day. I learned how to communicate with my employees, co workers, and customers in a professional manner. The hardest part of it all would be when we are short handed, especially on a busy day. Throughout it all I would have to say that the main part that kept me going back to work would be because of the customers.
hard job
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Central City, KYJune 24, 2016
This is a job that not just anyone can handle the hours are different from most also it is a very stressful job you are working close with criminals and it takes a strong mind to do this job my boss is a great guy he just has alot on his plate and somethings get pushed aside and not delt with things that are not important to him are moved out of the way no matter how important they are to you. I enjoy all the diffrent kids of people that you get to meet with this job
Pros
free lunch
Cons
expensive insurance bad hours
Quality of Life
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 26, 2016
My client is Amtrak, everyday is different, which you can never get into a routine. This is based on Amtrak scheduling with trains, although they have a schedule, you have to allow for mechanical issues. I learned to always have a plan "B" and know your staff weaknesses and strengths. Oakland is a unique in regards to the pool of employees you hire. The biggest challenge is finding employees with a positive work ethics, and that has become the hardest part of my job. The best part of my job is pleasing my clients, and having a breakthrough with one of my team members in regards to development.
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Hours worked, quality of life.
Excellent Company
Lead Food Service Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, MSJune 28, 2016
typical day go in open up the store, cash out customers, i learn a lot there more about leading a team, the ends and out of the paperwork and ordering. Management was great willing to promote those who were qualified. most of the co workers were great to work with. the hardest part of the job was dealing with different personalities of the people i worked with. most enjoyable part was getting to know people who came in on a regular basis
Pros
the people
Cons
certain management
I made the work place funfor my employee and we still got the job done.
Supervisor of Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 28, 2016
The company is great just the upper management that is running the company where i was employed was not professional or fair. To much favoritism and not a enough professionalism. Had my good days but most of them was hard cause we was always short-handed. But i always made it thru cause i help my employee get the job done, cause i was their leader. If you are a great leader your crew will follow.
Pros
Some of the people i work with.
Cons
short breaks and healthcare

Want to know more about Aramark?

Ask a question
Very calm, stress free environment
Cook Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJuly 4, 2016
A typical day would start at 9am until 2pm sometimes later. These hours weren't much but they were perfect at the time when i was working two jobs. My job was to prepare, cook, and serve meals to the students of Ferson Creek Elementary. The kids were amazing and it made me very happy to see a smile on their faces when i served them. I would say the only hard part about my job was that i was by myself 90% of the time, so at times during serving hours, an extra hand would of been helpful. Other than that, the job was very easy going and the management was excellent.
Pros
Free lunches, set schedule
Cons
Short hours
The importance of team work
Helper (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 22, 2016
It's always a great experience when dealing with a bunch of guys you consider friends. I believe in team work and all the assignments that we get, we are able to complete with efficiency at a high standard. Since I've been working at my job, I've learned that everyday brings a new challenge and the only thing you can do is prepare the best you can and do your best when the occasion arises, I take pride in what i do, so i don't consider anything hard, it just means I need to learn that skill in order to be successful.
Cons
No room to grow, strict lunches, unqualified supervisors
we work well with this Co. and the Students.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 23, 2016
It is a very rewarding job due to working with the Students. and also filling their orders and helping where ever I can.the students there are the most rewarding part of my job.When the students are out for all their breaks we are too.We all work together in a very good place and try and help our co-workers whenever we can.
Pros
our meals are free and also when the students are out for their breaks we are too..
Cons
I really can't think of any..
A very busy work environment but also I enjoyed it here
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2016
Every morning I get in to the building, make some coffee have a few sips, start prepping my work schedule for the day, say good morning to my fellow co workers and when the bell rings, we all get ready to go out and start on our daily job routine. I enjoyed working here because it was an indoor and outdoor job. I have good experience in fixing things, painting, electric, cleaning and other basic things that needed to be touched up.
Pros
VERY NICE PEOPLE, FREE LUNCH, COWORKERS ALL UNDERSTANDS EACH OTHER
Cons
MANAGER WAS HORRIBLE, HAD GOOD AND BAD DAYS, HE'S ALWAYS ANGRY
Aramark
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  University of Tennessee, KnoxvilleJuly 1, 2016
We served hundreds of college students hot and cold drinks and bagel sandwiches. Most days as cashier I rang up an order and if it included a hot or cold drink (other than an ice tea or soda) I would slide to my left and make their hot chocolate, or latte. As the machine dispensed the coffee I would ring someone else up and start to make the drink they ordered. We stayed quite busy throughout most of the day.
Pros
Got to smile at a lot of people
Cons
The pay was terrible.
productive fun workplace
Wash Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2016
A typical day at work would be loading the washers and starting them up and prepare the next load. I learned that without a team production would be slower. I make sure my co workers are on task. I treat my co workers all with the same respect, the hardest part of my job is that when I have to put heavier loads in the washer than usual. the most enjoyable part about my job is that every time we have birthdays we celebrate with olive garden on Fridays.
Pros
free drinks from the vending machines
Cons
short breaks and no going to lunch with co workers
easy to use
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  DeSoto County, FLJune 15, 2016
Everyday was unpredictable. I learned to have patience with a variety of individuals from different backgrounds. I sometimes was called upon to assume responsibilities outside the scope of my duties. Co-workers were always helpful and instructive. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the almost daily regimen of security checks. The most enjoyable part, was knowing I met and overcame the daily challenges of feeding so many individuals.
productive workplace
Pod Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 18, 2016
A typical day at Aramark was cooking, running the register, stocking the store up and cleaning the store at the end of the day. I got along with all my co-workers. I am still in contact with a few of my former co-workers. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people and having satisfied customers. The hardest part was wanting too come work on days that I did not want to work; especially on the weekends.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
The job was a challenge
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Vinton, VAJune 8, 2016
I applied monies to accounts from payments that arrived in office or I processed via their credit card. I also audited troubled accounts to correct errors. I also ran end of month and year reports. There was a sudden change in the controller. He new controller had no management experience and it affected the entire office. The best part of my job was making end of month and end of year goals as well as getting a troubled account cleared up. Hardest part of my job was the controller that reminded us that just because we met the goals does not mean we succeeded. I left because the job was moving to another city.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Controller
non union management, union workers
ROUTE SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 6, 2016
Brutal corporate structure. Management creates problems and wants you to "own" those problems. They try and convince you that you are the owner of a business and you need to "own" the problems of the business for 8%-10% of the profit.
Low company morale. Long hours.
most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
lack of respect from management . long hours. Union does nothing for you but collect there dues.