Aramark Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,189 reviews matching the search
Food Service
Lead Food Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredonia, KYApril 30, 2016
Food Service supervisor in a prison atmosphere; working with male and female offenders. Can be very hot in the kitchen with little air circulation.
Pros
decent schedule
Cons
working with inmates
Dont pay enough
cook (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 30, 2016
Company pay rate sucks..Its hard to move up.They work you too much for the little checks you get.Benefits are expensive they take a lot out of your check will not recommend this job for single mothers less,you working another job.We have to pay for parking where I work and uniforms you not gaining anything working for Aramark sorry but true.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, Less money, Expensive insurance and manahement suck
The Aramark way
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 29, 2016
Aramark is a great company to work for. I learned a lot about managing a corporate dining account while I with the company.
Productive and business,fun place to work. with good people
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 28, 2016
I work with great co workers that have the ability to perform amazing duties in allowed time. Very accurate in what they and I do. Managing accounts and getting the numbers in allowed time.
Pros
breaks and hour lunch and good weekly pay and benefits
Cons
no cons
fun.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 28, 2016
Working at the zoo was a blast. The heat was horrible though. I enjoyed my coworkers. Management was okay! I liked things for the most part.
Continue to Educate
Director of Food and Nutrition Service (Current Employee) –  Blytheville, ARApril 28, 2016
Continue to teach, Motivate, and Develop team members on the basic skills in food and nutrition. Teaching the importance of healthy eating.
Pros
Continue Education
Cons
Lots of room for advancement
Barista/Server (Current Employee) –  Athens, TXApril 28, 2016
I love working for Aramark Corp.! They have excellent benefit programs, lots of room for advancement, excellent amount of opportunity to get your voice heard. There are platy of chances for you to speak to the people who you don't get to see very often. Great "Open Door Policy". Also, they are located everywhere, in case you need to, relocating is easy!
Pros
flexible, second chance company, PTO, Benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
Fast paced food service work
Starbucks/ Lead Barista (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAApril 28, 2016
I learned a lot from being in a lead position. However, there was a lot of problems with the way upper management handled situations. Because of this people quit a lot, thus a lot of extra work was shuffled to people who where not qualified for it or work that was not in their job description, causing more people to quit.
Pros
Working with fun people
Cons
upper management
Interesting work place
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2016
The most enjoyable part about this job is working all the different events and getting to meet all types of people. The management is very helpful in making sure we get thing done in a short amount of time.
Dream job
General Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  New London, CTApril 28, 2016
Working with aramark has been a dream job!!!! I am a general utility worker at the New London Coast Guard, which is basically a glorified dishwasher. Sounds like the job would be horrible, but they pay $28/hr to do this. If you have another job, they work very well to accommodate your schedules. You do get hot, sweaty, and wet but that is to be expected with being a dishwasher. We currently have openings at our facility, so I would jump all over the opportunity to possibly land this hidden gem. Couldn't have gotten any more lucky to have found a job like this.....
Pros
pay, free meals, healthcare available, sick and personal days, short work days
Cons
can get very hot at times, takes a little while to move up the seniority ladder
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAApril 27, 2016
I learn to study difficult personalities. Everyday was an challenge and i was willing to take on any. I love the job but the pay wasnt enough. I came up in thr company from Cashier to Supervisor really quick. I love my customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management wasn't professional
very productive
Customer Service/ Delivery Rep (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC 29403April 27, 2016
fast paced worked place. management was very attentive. hardest part was making sure there was enough product made for students on daily basis.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some long hours
social environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 26, 2016
Working for Aramark was not too bad. The only issue wasthey couldn't seem to compromise with my schedule. At the time im was enrolled in school and the hours they had me down for was interfering with my classes. The management was okay it could be better but they just had a hard time meeting everyone's needs.
Very Good People to work for
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 26, 2016
I love Working for these people. There is not a person that i dont enjoy working around. Being a substitute it does kind of get annoying getting calls sometimes all week and then not getting calls for two weeks in a row but that is to be expected when you are working a sub job,
different locations to chose for your work location
Food service worker (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 26, 2016
Aramark is a great company to work at. Depending on where you work you will be responsible for keeping the work place clean and working with money, and maintaining good customer service.
Pros
on campus job
Cons
limited hours
Large company with room to grow
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2016
Working for Aramark has not been the best experience for myself. I am a very hard worker and always do what is asked of me, which I believe has led to my being taken advantage of. I was hired to be a grill cook, but was put on the overnight prep team (for a few weeks), where I have been stuck although I have climbed the ladder. I became the Saucier for the company where my pay was not compensated for six months, despite repeated attempts to receive the appropriate pay for the job title. In my time here we have lost several Chefs due to their being mistreated by the upper management, which gave me the opportunity to work my way to a Sous Chef. I have learned a lot in this position, but the lack of communication between management is horrific. I have been denied every request off since I have started over 14 months ago, though other management have had multiple vacations in my being with the company.

I cannot say that the job has been all bad, as I have learned a great deal in the likes of large batch cooking and mass production. I have also gained great experience in heading up a team. My staff tells me that I am the most respected Chef at our property due to my work ethic and willingness to teach all that I know. They look up to the passion that I show.
Pros
Health Benefits, Free Food
Cons
Lack of communication, Denial of all requests off, Proper product for daily menus are never on hand
my perfect job
Prep cook (Current Employee) –  aurbun hills michiganApril 26, 2016
Working for Aramark is the best experience in all my life this company givi me more the one oportunity for wering more experience and be more bigger in all the oportunity the aramark give me. They give me all the best wish in my work life.
Fun workers
Waste Water Treatment Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2016
Fun place to work. Workers are very friendly. Something different from all the places I worked at. Lots of safety issues in that work place. Management needs an overhaul.
Great team
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORApril 25, 2016
During my time working at Aramark, I met many great people of all ages. We all work together to make a great food environment and help each other do their best.
Pros
Free meal, great coworkers, good benefits if you work long enough
Cons
Short breaks
a great working environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 25, 2016
Overall it's a great place to work,i love the environment. Everyday is filled with laughter and seeing the students smile makes it that much better to do my job