Aramark Employee Reviews

Found 8,164 reviews matching the search
With the right management and enough employees to run the location sufficiently it would be a decent place to work
Food services (Current Employee) –  Mattawan, MISeptember 17, 2017
Because of the current management the location that I work at ,because there is not sufficient people to run a place for good customer service I feel like I no longer can work there. I need to move on to find a job that is more appropriate for me and for my family. where my hard-working skills customer service skills and job ethics will be appreciated .
poor managment
Hourly Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 17, 2017
The GM plays favorites, write ups were never handled properly, it is a zoo!! The food quality is poor, the AM shift never set the PM shift up for success, therefore we all suffered everyday. The GM did nothing to help.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no communication
Awful
Barista building 3 (Former Employee) –  Capital one campus building threeSeptember 17, 2017
The management treated their employees like we were in grade school. Not as adults. One minute late and they would write you up. I got hurt at the work place twice. They could care a less. Mark Montgomery in the capital one building in Plano Texas is awful. Awful management. Stay away from Aramark.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Awful management. The worst. I have ever worked for. So
Fun work enviroment
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYSeptember 17, 2017
This was a job working in a school cafeteria. It was a fun and interesting job. It was great to have weekends, holidays, and summers off. We were able to dress special for the kids.
Pros
Weekends, holidays, and summers off. Free meals.
Cons
Time off could be a con at times.
Experience
Concessions Porter Food service (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYSeptember 16, 2017
really you have your ups, downs plus the job is very challenging you do have fun watching the games attending the concerts for free while making money
great environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INSeptember 15, 2017
A typical day is prepping and preparing to serve about 4500 inmates three meals a day breakfast lunch and dinner from recipe to daily pulls. It was a great place to work at and the staff were great and worked well together. It was very fast past and demanding the hardest part was taking everything I learned and using it as a learning tool to teach others. I think one of the most enjoyable parts of the job we served them holiday meals was the look on the faces of the inmates when we served them and greeted them the look of wow this is like being at home with family. One of the hardest things was seeing so much food going to waste that could be giving to others that are in need of food. The managers worked well with others and were very dependable. You could go to them with any problem and they were always there ready to help solve any problem. I enjoyed working for Aramark it was a great experience and learned a lot and helped a lot of people.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough breaks
Great Work Environment but poor pay and good workers were over worked
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 15, 2017
Company was great management was great for the most part. I was one of the very fast thorough workers because I liked to get my work done so I could get home to my family. I guess because I finished all my work including all my rooms I had to clean I had to also go do several extra rooms for everyone else that slacked on the job because they chose to go slow or was constantly on the phone the whole day because they knew I would get sent to help them. I was very exhausted and for me to have to constantly do other peoples rooms was not right. I wasn't getting paid extra for doing an excellent job and extra rooms all the time. I was so physically exhausted after my shift I had a hard time doing what needed to be done at home but I'm sure the person slacking was just fine because they didn't even have to do there whole board of rooms.
good
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2017
progressed well as the time passed. pay was good. however, ran the office without a manager most of the time as she was in transition and did not come to work. husband died of cancer in 2007 and I left.
Pros
salary
Cons
no manager
Cook (Former Employee) –  University, MSSeptember 15, 2017
I worked 5 to 6 days a week. I learned different things. I really enjoyed the people i worked with.people had different verity food to chose from.I am a hard worker and i am dedicated to all i do
Nice place to work with great co-workers
Valet Attendant ST lukes Medical Tower Houston TX (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Atypical day at work for me is when we are shorthanded drivers because of vacation etc. we have to work at a much faster pace and it makes my job much more stressful customers sometimes complain it makes this part of my job very difficult .The workplace culture where I work is ok everyone gets along with each other .
Pros
holiday parties
Cons
short breaks
Good place
Merchandise Control Manager/Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 14, 2017
Normal. Just like any business where you have ups and downs and challenges to overcome. I typically work 11 hours per day. I have learned a tremendous amount of management and leadership skill. The people I work with is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Good company - challenging assignments
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  OHIOSeptember 14, 2017
Aramark as a company is very good, strong, and sound. They offer plenty of online training modules and a comprehensive supply of resources, almost too much. The benefits are good but not great and they offer numerous discounts through other vendors/ suppliers.
The extent of your happiness at work greatly depends on the account and location of your assignment. If there is little support from the facility (hospital, school, etc), or from your co-leaders, work can be very trying and unrewarding. Unfortunately, this is contract work, and contracts do expire. When this happens, there is little help in finding you another assignment.
Pros
strong company, opportunities to travel/ relocate
Cons
contract work
not a good job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 14, 2017
I was excited to start at Aramark.I was there almost 2 years before i left.In that time we went through more than 2 managers and 7 employees.We didn't receive a break,ever.I busted my butt there and i was fine with doing that but the more you do the more work they load onto you.People who smoke got breaks and there was favoritism within our small group.We were also promised a raise which we never got.People were asked to work overtime but instead of getting that pay,as promised,hours were cut the following week.This company treats you like you are just a "body" there.They do not appreciate their employees.Unless you are management you are treated like dirt.
Pros
free lunch and no weekends
Cons
no rai
horrible
fsm (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 13, 2017
aramark is the worst! all management lies! they say you get all these awards and when submitted they delete them
They play favorites and take advantage of lower paid assciates
ok kitchen with lots of space
cook (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARSeptember 13, 2017
spent most days cooking for the people who ate in the cafeteria. the worst part was that there was almost never enough ingredients for what they wanted me to make and i worked more than the supervisors
great job
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 13, 2017
When i worked for Aramark, i was located at Wake Forest University. I had the opportunity to cater to the football team at least once a week, host many special events for highly respected individuals in the Winston Salem and Charlotte area. It was very proffesional and classy and i felt like i was well respected and appreciated for my efforts and accomplishments while there. We also catered events for outside concerts where many students were and it was a very relaxed environment so it was very fun.
Terrible Place to Work
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 13, 2017
Aramark is a terrible place to work. The company does not care for tis employees just worried about saving money on the food and beverage they are serving to college students. They have management that does not want to roll up their sleeves and help too.
growing and learning experience
Coordinator/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thomas Jefferson HospitalSeptember 13, 2017
My typical day is enjoyable. It is fast paced challenging and everyday brings something new to the world of EVS. I've grown and learned so much about people. The hardest part of my job is accepting that people will not always care as much as I do.
Pros
I like what I do
Cons
too far from home
a job
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 13, 2017
at the UM the job is alright, but as the saying go one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch. Respect is Owed to a dog and the department of Aramark that I worked for The managers had no respect for staff
Bad management
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 13, 2017
Management was below bad very stressful wondering if you were going to be employed the next day. Poor management is what cost them the contract. no change in menu after six years.
Cons
They gave you nothing for all you hard word and extras you put thru for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.