Aramark
4,048 reviews

Aramark Employee Reviews

Working at the cafe
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Maryville, MOJuly 20, 2015
Stock dishes and utensils in proper area in a timely manner
Wash dishes properly, discard broken dishes
Discard composites, maintain food area cleanliness
Remove and replace garbage
Check and replace milk and ice in ice machine
Abide by Missouri food handler regulations
Great
Assistant Food Service Director (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2015
Amazing!! I had an amazing time with aramark. I want to stay with them, but I am also looknig at everything elese.

A typical day is managing
I learned managmenet skills
managers are amazing
co-workers great
hardest part is the big corporate politics
everything
Laid back but not very organized
Event Cashier and Server (Current Employee), Morrison, COJuly 20, 2015
The company need get an online system to organize schedules and hours. I would be pretty easy to create a website. The tips you are able to earn are great and you make pretty good money because of it.
Haul driver (Current Employee), Springfield ilJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Very flexible on days that you would need off of work
Cons: Haul driving is an over night job
Great place to work great group of people management is quick on helping with and problems that we come across. Every month there is no accidents aramark provides there employees with a free lunch. very little conflict with employees and managment.
Seeing how advancement is possible is you work hard.
Production worker, Lead Person, Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2015
Pros: 17 years of employment. Learning all the safety guidelines and reporting any injuries.
Cons: they eliminated my job and The Production Manager had to start doing it all.
I started out working in the plant as a Production Worker/Union Worker for 10 year. Worked at various different jobs and even became a lead person in their shipping department. We had to meet daily quotas and quality was a must. I was then promoted to the the Production Manager's right hand man. Which took me out of the Union and I became a Company employee. Working in the office filing and keeping up with the various weekly reports. Then soon becoming the over all Safety Coordinator. Over seeing all new hire safety training and renewing all associates annual safety training. Filing, logging and up keeping the Safety Data Sheets for the plant. Heading up the weekly Team Safety Meetings and the Injury Investigation Team. Logging and reporting any injuries. Done my weekly plant inspections and reported any issues and made sure that they were fixed in a timely manner. I had to Provide OSHA with the proper documents with they came for a plant check. I helped The HR department a lot. Fixing missing time, call to set up interviews, and new hires with their start dates. Helped up keep the I9 files.
Most enjoyable
Assistant Pastry Chef (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: No end in sight on some days
The best part was the ability to create. Enjoyable most days. Some days seemed never ending. We would get new menus every day and the funnest part was figuring out how to decorate and "WOW" people.
Fun day at Aramark
Custodian (Former Employee), Flemington, NJJuly 19, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Working at Aramark was a good experience. A typical day at work came across a variety of different task. Each of us had an area to do around the school. The first thing we did was clean the cafeteria, after that we all went to our declared areas. We all had about 22 classrooms, hallways and about three bathroom areas. We collected the trash, cleaned the rooms, sweep, moped made sure that everything was cleaned and sterilized for the students and teachers for the next day. Management was very pleasing and very understanding as well. The hardest part of the job was the schedule and the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students here an there, and lunch our was always great, the managers would come around check in with us and sometimes even sat down and joined us for lunch, it was always nice because we all got to know each other better.
Fun Place to work and learn new things
deli cook (Former Employee), 4100 beechwood driveJuly 19, 2015
Coming in everyday was something i looked forward to making the customers happy and knowing them and what they want was my daily thing. Its a good company to work for depending on the site your located at.
Great Co-Workers
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working for Aramark Refreshment Services is my co-workers. They are a determined team and strive to get the job done. However, the cons are the company is very unorganized and there is no room for much growth at this location.
Fun
event staff (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 18, 2015
Pros: awesome view for the rockies game
Cons: hot long days
cleaned up during and after games of the Coors field
assisting fans to their seats and anywhere they wanted to go in the stadium
my team was the hardest working team in the whole Aramark
long hours of standing around but worth it
set up meeting for the managers and supervisors
Company that worked with Baylor Scott & White
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Temple, TXJuly 17, 2015
I worked with Aramark for a year before having to take my leave because of divorce. This company was the best to work for in the Healthcare.
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
Assisted residents with bathing, dressing, hygiene, personal grooming in accordance with established care plan. Provided routine care to patients, Computer skills include Email.
Job experience
Cabin Service Worker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2015
company was mediocre, not he best, conditions of work (working in extreme temperatures, all elements) made it hard to continue working there.
productive and fun place to work in.
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: benefits also some time off based on senority.
Cons: short breaks
your able to discuss certain issues with supervisor an learn new challenging tasks . while working in this career field.
Enjoyable relationship with guests and staff. I miss the commoradity.
Hospitality Attendent (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Seeing the perfect green grass on the field, and making some life long friends.
Cons: The outrageously hot long sleeve shirts, polyester vests, long pants and tie. I drank a lot of water in the heat of the summer.....
The Aramark location at CITI Field NYC was an impeccably clean well managed venue that followed every rule in the book. They ran a tight ship from inventory and product handling, detailed training of staff, to even the correct way to point a guest in the right direction. (closed fingers, palm up.) I was positioned in the VIP area of the stadium, my last 6 years as an over the top barista/bartender. The incredibly long walk to travel for supplies was sometimes daunting, but once completely set up, it was always a pleasure to serve the guests.
Serious job, but keeping a good positive attitude eased the workday
Supervisor (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJuly 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches, decent benefits
Cons: pay could have been better, unpaid lunch breaks, little overtime allowed :/
Supervisors working with inmates:

Its not as bad as you would think. Most days were perfectly acceptable, Co-workers worked together as a team for the most part.
The hardest part of the job was everyday changes, rules seemed to change day by day. but always for the better.
Very close to school
Cashier, Cook, Prep Cook, Stockperson (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2015
Getting out of my classes, I could head straight to work, which made it much more convenient, not to mention the fact that I made quite a few friends at my workplace, creating a fun and productive work environment.
Great
Crew Member (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Learns knew things
Cons: when it gets busy it gets busy
For me its was exciting cause i came into the jobs not nowing and thing about cooking. I got to learn so much from the chiefs there i was able to apply it at home.
Aramark is a company that truely cares about it's employees
Controller (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Great work to life balance
Cons: None
Aramark is truly a company that cares about its employees. They offer excellent benefits and work to life balance. National holidays plus two floating holidays each year.
I work in a stress free environement. I get along well with all school personnel.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Suffern, NYJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Free food, summer and school holidays off
Cons: Poor pay, no real opportunity for advancement, no lunch break
My supervisor and co-workers are all wonderful people and it's been a pleasure working with them. There really is no part of the job that's hard. The most enjoyable part is working with the people I work with and interacting with the students and teachers everyday.

About Aramark

Today is a Brand New Day Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, – Read more

Aramark Salaries