Aramark Employee Reviews

Found 5,367 reviews matching the search
Aramark Dining Services
Dining Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DE 19716February 5, 2017
My position as Supervisor, it was great working side by side my employees to monitor their customer service with student/Staff in dining services area. Excellent presentation of food items for student to choose. Such ad grab and go items, Coffee, and Salad bar items. Oh also soup each day for the cold days before class.
Pros
Great location for students to hangout and dine
Cons
late hours
Fast paced, very busy
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCJanuary 8, 2017
A typical day at work was extremely stressful. I worked at a college campus and the customer volume was through the roof. My station was understaffed. However, I did learn to cook from this location which was something I was lacking. Management was decent but was very particular about certain aspects. Coworkers were great and knew how to lift the mood or other workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the high volume of customers coming through. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around coworkers, laughing and making jokes.
Pros
free lunches, coworkers were great
Cons
short breaks, understaffed, extremely busy
Terrible place to work
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bunker Hill, INMarch 15, 2017
Miami correctional facility is a terrible place to work. Aramark is a horrible company to work for(no benefits, low pay). And the worst part about it is that they just keep piling on the responsibilities with no pay increase. Tanita carey(food service director) is a hidious person to work under. She is a two faced woman who will stab you in the back in a heartbeat!!!
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
EVERYTHING
Having a good working relationship with co-workers and clients
1st Cook (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2017
I enjoy working with different cultures of people. I have many of things from the students and upper staff from the job. I love working around older people and the younger people. The job has allowed me to move up with in the company.
Pros
We are paid for most of the holidays .
Cons
Most of the food ( Brands) station we are not allowed to eat from unless we pat for our mel.
Production and a whole lot more
Executive Chef/Manager (Current Employee) –  Evergreen State College in Olympia, WAJanuary 10, 2017
Starting everyday with a walk through the woods to get to my location. Hussel and bustle getting ready to feed the crowd. Pre morning huddle, days production, forecast of people to feed, safety moment and off to check in orders! Securing in orders with temps and verify counts, its time to go over yesterday numbers and project for tommorow. Check on line and production and that all recipes followed it's time to taste and weigh out ingredients to verify it was done right. altough my day is busy we seem to find time for a cup of coffee and chat amongst ourselves. I enjoy greeting and thanking all staff members as they come and go.
Pros
Great place and located in the woods is peaceful
Cons
healthcare and long drive in traffic
Great work place
Paul brown stadium (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 17, 2017
Ararmark is a great place to for. This was my first real job I work at. I been working for aramark for 4 years I have grown alot there and worked my way up to a carpet tech and a lead my second year there! I've learned that u gotta work hard to move up to a new position. What I enjoy most about coming to work is seeing my co workers smile and that makes my mornings.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
no cafeteria
Poor Management- Very Political- Low Moral - No room for growth!
East Regional Acct Manager- Vendor Contracts (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2017
Every year there is a layoff to enhance their numbers/ revenue. Poor management with poor leadership skills. Company is ran by a GE Model as all executives making decisions come from GE, the difference is Aramark is not as big or financially stable as G E. There is nothing enjoyable about this place other than money and an onsite gym. If you have no desire to grow and don't mind being micromanaged, talked down too and degraded then Aramark is the right place for you. If you are one who has ambitions, passionate about your work and seek career growth, please continue to seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Money and onsite Gym
Mt. Washington Conference Center
Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Mt Washington Conference Center Baltimore, MDJanuary 3, 2017
Aramark is a great company to work for however, management at this location makes it impossible for you to enjoy your job. The Food and Beverage supervisor is really nasty and disrespectful, Management is ran off of feelings instead of business rules. It's impossible to reach out to management cause they don't care about anything that's not affecting their job, Chefs are very lazy and will call in Temps before they will get up in work, overall very poor location to work for.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Supervised Inmates in a Correctional Facility
Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIFebruary 25, 2017
Hardest part of the job was Supervising, and training, new and long term Inmates in a correctional facility, a lot of the Inmates never worked before, or with others, and had bad attitudes, were very sneaky, or getting into fights, or arguments with each other daily. Worked alone on third shift, with limited Supervision, and had limited access to certain things need to finish the job, had to improvise a lot to get the job done, and stretch my daily supplies to make them food all the inmates in the facility. Management came in on the First shift, so I had to do the best I could to get the job done in a timely, and safe manner.
Pros
On the Job experience attained
Cons
A lot of times the enviornment was unsafe, or constant lock downs, witch slowed down the progress of getting the job done.
Unprofessional work environment
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Minnesota State UniversityJanuary 9, 2017
This by far was the worse company to work for. Management was against each other. There was no work life balance. Everyone that worked here complained about being overworked and unappreciated and this statement is true. I began taking the stress and frustrations to my home. After leaving this position I felt relieved and stress free. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Lafayette General
Director Environmental/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 10, 2017
Aramark could be a great company, there are amazing people above the District level at least in the South. I personally exceed all measured metric on my performance evaluation and because the facility had information that showed we were on track to make 1.1 million which is 223,000 dollars over budget and canceled the contract due to financial concerns, I received a "did not meet expectations".
Friendly management, fun environment
Cashier/Food runner/Cook/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at Mcalister's included making foods according to a recipe and guests preferences, taking orders and payments, refilling beverages, running food to tables, busing tables, and maintaining a clean kitchen and dining area. I learned how to work well under pressure with multiple tasks at hand. The management for Aramark was helpful because they were students like me that understood the school and work life. My co workers were also fellow students who were a joy to be around. The hardest part of the job was trying to take orders on one register when the line was always so full. The mot enjoyable part of the job was the fact that it was in correlation with the school's calendar.
Aramark Food Service
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYDecember 29, 2016
Great flexible scheduling.The pay is decent and the work is pretty easy. A lot of unnecessary safety rules that are just annoying. Advancement seems non existed. Most employees are either college students or the opposite end. They did hire a few special needs adults which I thought was awesome. The management made no sense in regards on how to do things, they blindly followed a handbook it seemed like.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner if you work the right time
Cons
Management and advancement
Fast pace work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 29, 2016
I prefer to be active when I am on a job. I work hard regardless of the pay. No matter what others employees I do what I am supposed to do at all times. The hardest part of any job to me is getting familiar with my work place. Usually within two days I get acquainted with my coworker and work environment. I enjoy making people seeing other people happy. I conduct business in a professional manner. i keep my person business separate from my work place.
Pros
Commission and bonuses plus flexible schedules
Cons
having to leave work early because too many people are sheduled
productive and helpful
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lucasville, OHDecember 28, 2016
I usualy come in and make food for inmates and clean the kettles when im done
I learned alot about how to cook processed food more healthly and how properly clean tools

My co-workers do what they can they are nice people who like to work and does the job rite.

The hardest part of the job is finishing at the end of the nite and doing inventory on the leftover stock and what to throw out and what is considered spoiled food.

Seeing the faces on the people as they enjoy there food and get full
Pros
free lunch, respectable employers, and a way to work
Cons
Healthcare, not enough hours, and the location
Slave work
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MADecember 27, 2016
Guy who runs Aramark for elms has no compassion for employee needs. (Won't name names) If you choose to work here expect to not be taken seriously. If you apply for cafe when it gets closer to the summer days you'll be miserable having to go back and forth from the storage room that is so hot, and a far stretch from the cafe area which is in an area that has no AC or heat as I was told for the winter time and the manager doesn't allow you to wear a sweater if you're freezing because it interferes with the uniform standard. I've worked at several different places and don't know why I subjected myself with torture working here for about 2 months till I just couldn't take it anymore.
Pros
Students are GREAT!
Cons
Manager sucks.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Freer, TXDecember 26, 2016
Typical day at work im always busy. Always moving around. I learned a lot on how to use certain cleaning chemicals for certain areas of the school. The management was alright it could have been better. Co-workers were not as cooperative as they should have been. Hardest part of my job was probably when it was time to throw the trash. Because the dumpster was so high and i didnt have help. And the best part would be going home knowing that the school was clean for the next school day. all the class rooms were clean and teachers walking in the next morni g satisfied with a job well done.
Cons
Short breaks
Aramark Is Different
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, INJanuary 16, 2017
I loved the Job I was employed threw Aramark within the Corrections Department and I loved it where I was there wasn't room for much advancement but there was in different places I didn't want the hour drove to get there when I have to be in at 3am I would have never gotten sleep but all in all it was a Great Job I would go back!
Pros
Free Prison Food, Great Benefits, Amazing Company
Cons
Weird Hours
Fun, exciting workplace
IT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHFebruary 15, 2017
As an IT supervisor at Quicken Loans Arena and Cleveland Browns Stadium has been fun, exciting and a good learning experience.
A typical day (event day) involves many last minute preparations, deployments, reprogramming and other situational occurrences.
All of which are manageable with constant contact with co-workers via mobile, 2way radio, etc.
Flexibility, creativity and patience are just a few attributes gained will working here.
The workplace culture seems to be entertainment driven, with customer satisfaction as key.
Hardest part of job could be unfavorable outcome of home team, patrons reactions, and instances of heightened dissatisfaction.
The most enjoyable part would be customer dissatisfaction with outcomes of events, which may cause a "domino" effect on others aspects of event.
A very fun place to work.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 3, 2017
Always a challenge dealing with different types of guests. An experience to learn about different types of dishes being served. Always a professional and fair management. I work in a place where I'm proud and lucky to be a N.Y. Mets fan. It can get a bit crazy because is always a rush when the gates open. I enjoy people and love my job.
Pros
Frre meals and beverages.
Cons
Not enough hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

75%