Aramark
3,771 reviews

Aramark Employee Reviews

exciting
Cashier (Former Employee), memphis, tnMay 14, 2015
Its a productive and exciting place to work. I learned how to work with money and people on a daily basis which helped my communication skills. Had great helpfull co worker who didnt complain about the demand of the job.
Great company
Main Kitchen Crew Member (Former Employee), Westville, INMay 14, 2015
Pros: the preparing of food
Cons: It was hard work, a great experience
I only worked there a short time, but I learned how to prepare food, how food should be presented on a plate. It was hard work, but a good place to work.
Hard working and serious company
Served food (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Pay wasn't the best because i was a part time worker and full time student when i was working there.
It was okay, a little fast pace. Overall i did enjoy working there. I have been working there since 2011. I liked the job, because my manager seem potential in me and I was looked at as an hard worker.
i loves this job didn't want to live this job
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2015
Pros: did give you go lunches and discounts on they products.
Cons: no health benefits
I was a teenager when i first started this job i had fun learning new things i learned how to make starbucks coffee.and learning how to do house keeping and to clean pantries.
Productive and fun work place
Customer service/Bartender (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 13, 2015
I learned that customer service equals timely and effective service. The job is a amazing job, with great people and a great atmosphere.
In consistant
District Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Hours
Hard to be a manager , when you can't do your job. Need to hire RSR right when needed. Things are projected to get better, once this happens it will be a great place to work.
Productive and fun were able to joke around.
Prep Cook/Cook (Former Employee), Selinsgrove, PAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Free dinner/drinks.
Cons: Healthcare, gossip
I would make pizza and calzones,some days busier than others. How to take care of customers with a friendly attidude. More problems with some management & co- workers than anything. Trying to keep things stocked & wait on customers @ sametime. Talking to the students. Learning where some of them came from.
A great opportunity to experience different Foods and Cooking
Sous Chef (Current Employee), Tampa FloridaMay 12, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch and opportunity to work with different people and jobs
Cons: Very short breaks
This is a very good company to work for. Management is great and the work environment is wonderful. I would tell others to work for this company.
Challenging
General Manager (Current Employee), Wheaton, ILMay 12, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Balance
School Foodservice has turned into a very challenging profession. From following the Federal guidelines to navigating through corporate regulations and new procedures, this position is not for the light hearted. There are times that it is very overwhelming but with the correct staff in place and knowledge, it can be manageable.

Budgets are tight and you are working on pennies, so finding new ways for cost savings is also challenging.

Being responsible for 81 employees and training them is the fun part of the job. Most of the employees are hard working and just want to do a good job.

All in all, I am glad I work where I work and look forward to any new endeavor that comes to me.
Great
Chef (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMay 12, 2015
Great experience. Enjoyed my time there and would return if I ever moved back. I would definitely recommend them to others.
CASHIER
cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: the time went y fast
Cons: they work on a scatter period and you have to keep up with the badge
A typical day started off slow and eventually grew to be extremely large. I learned to move quickly because every thing goes fast but in return it helps with memory skills
capable and friendly co-workers
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee), Mt. Vernon, GaMay 12, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons: lack of training
Interesting place to work. The customers were young people which was good to be around them. The facility was clean but worn and needed some minor repairs.
N/a at this time.
Grant Medical Center - Patient Services Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioMay 11, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: micro-managing
Not available at this time. There really is not much to say about this portion of this company with out repercussion, or fall out.
Marketin intern
catering (Former Employee), Conway ArkansasMay 10, 2015
It's a safe and fun place to work at. co workers are nice and all work together as to team to attend the goals.It's a safe and fun place to work at. co workers are nice and all work together as to team to attend the goals.
Times they are a changin
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMay 10, 2015
Pros: Coworkers, benefits
Cons: long hours, not many days off
The company has changed in the past year. Days are long and expectations are high. Difficult to please college client and Aramark at the same time.
The work Day with Aramark is pretty easy and straight forward
Food prep work (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTMay 10, 2015
The work day with Aramark is typically get set up for opening by unpacking food items. After opening procedures the vast majority of the time is spent tending too garbage restocking food items, or delivering food too customers.
Floor tech duties as well as interacting with the public.
Floor Tech (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Positive environment, highly recommend to anyone seeking a career
Cons: N/A
A typical day at work for me is pretty straight forward. When I clock in I basically strip, wax, buff floors and shampoo carpets. In addition to dealing with other people including co workers, I'm also able to work in a positive environment and build relationships with one another.
Very Busy
Caterer/Food &Beverage Assistant (Former Employee), Normal, ALMay 9, 2015
Pros: free food, stock options
Cons: not enough money for the work that was done.
Meeting clients expectations and the students, great culinary experience, got along with mostly everyone in management.
Stable Company with room for professional growth.
General Manager (Former Employee), ChicagoMay 9, 2015
Aramark is a great company to work for if you're willing to make the personal investment in time to advance your career. Typical days for management are 10-12 hours a day with the expectation you are on call 24/7. As with any company there are good things and negative but overall working for this company has helped me personally and professionally and I have no regrets.
Senior CAD Designer, Project Manager
Senior CAD Designer, Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: We were trying something new and it worked great.
Cons: The project ended
As Project Manager I was responsible for contractor activities on construction jobs ranging in size from $ 15,000.00 to $ 2,000,000.00 working at the Slumberger locations around Houston.

I supported capital project team with conceptual AutoCAD drawings for proposals including all construction documents.

I interfaced with architects and engineers to transmit concept to full architect construction documents.

About Aramark

Today is a Brand New Day Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, – Read more

Aramark Salaries