Aramark Employee Reviews

Good place to work but a little repetative
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Preparing and setting up food stations for high school breakfast and lunches. Cleaning up and sanitizing work areas. Taking food temperatures throughout shift to ensure foods are kept at their proper temps.
Pros
Good hard working co-workers and the student contact.
Cons
Sometimes a bit repetitive with alot of hand washing required.
Poor Management, No Advancement
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2018
In the beginning it seemed like a great company. But they have consistent issues with paying their employees, HR concerns are swept under the rug, and the administrative head at my location lacked true leadership skills to be able to motivate a team to work together. Typical days at work were not typical at all, there was no consistency and no room for advancement. Would not recommend working here more than 6 months.
Fast Paced Fun
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 17, 2018
Working with Aramark part-time and juggling school was hard at first but it became second nature. The staff became my family almost overnight, literally, sometimes we would work till 2 am but it was always fun. If you do not like getting dirty, this job is not for you! You get covered in food, drink, sweat, etc. I know this sounds bad but every worker is in the same boat and so you are all a unit. Usually after events such as weddings or ceremonies, once the event was over, we would get to eat the food and sit with our coworkers before cleaning up. That was the best time, you really got to know the people and having that fun break before the real work (cleaning up) got you motivated to clean and be productive. I loved it here and I was sad to go but I got a job offer I could not turn down.
Pros
Free Food!
Cons
Great place for self starters, but to get too comfy...
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 17, 2018
Fast pace cut throat industry. AUS is a corporate giant and behave this way. Employees are a number, not a person, but you can make a great living if willing to look past that.
Pros
Great comp plan
Cons
high stress, negative work atmosphere
Advancement into the higher band levels disappearing
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2018
If you are satisfied with rising to become a salaried manager/director band level you will be challenged and motivated until you want to retire from this great organization. However, advancement into higher band levels are few and far between and have been thinned out across all LOBs. For those that have a plan to meet milestones in their career with advancements in the organization that had a leadership path to follow have no alternative but to look outside the organization for their continued professional journey. Heartbreaking and what a shame. The CEOs 50/50 rule of VPO/RVP band level on up that for every promotion internally for those roles an external candidate must be hired also to fill those roles has left some very talented up and coming insiders up for sale to the outside world at the expense of this organization paying for their superior leadership skills over the years.
Pros
Connections with colleagues/peers.
typical day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 16, 2018
training was provided, each day was pretty routine, there was an occasional event where ot was mandatory which was nice in my case. taking time off was never an issue.
marketing intern
Student (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 16, 2018
marketing in a higher education setting. Neat job for undergrads looking to gain experience and get paid $10 an hour to work on-campus. Also had extra hours for gameday
Very Productive
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 16, 2018
I worked for Aramark through North East Pre Release Center in Cleveland Ohio i had an great learning experience through Aramark they showed me a lot of different things while i worked there and the people were friendly and respectful
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Inspired by the guests/consumers.
Dining Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 16, 2018
The best part about this job is the people that I served. They were truly an inspiration to go the extra mile & make them happy while serving them during working hours, & off-hours.
Pros
The Guests.
Cons
Corporate politics.
Great coworkers and work environment
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 16, 2018
Good experience as a first dishwasher. Awesome look in the food service industry. Great place to develop team work and customer service. Also a place to advance to become a chef.
Pros
Free lunch or dinner
Cons
Short break and no employee parking

Want to know more about Aramark?

Ask a question
Great company to work.
Kitchen Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 16, 2018
Learn different jobs,and great place to grow.Get to enjoy serving people and helping out in the communities,great to work with your co-workers and supervisers.
Pros
Excellent opportunities
Cons
Have to work differentjobs descriptions.
Accountin clerk/data entry (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Aramark nice place location have a lot of perks and good pay and benefits i worked for aramark for 28 years would still be there if they did not downsize.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
No cons
Better than average food service management position with quite a few perks
Salaried Manager (Current Employee) –  KYJanuary 16, 2018
The position is quite stressful throughout the University Fall and Spring semesters, but there is adequate down time and reasonable vacation opportunities in the summer.
Sadly, a very difficult position to maintain a strong hourly team due to lack of qualified candidates and low starting wages in comparison to local industry.
Perks do include free meals and time off for many Holidays and University breaks.
Ever increasing job responsibilities without adequate reward/compensation, however.
Pros
Free meals, much more time off compared to standard corporate restaurants.
Cons
Poor wages for beginning hourly staff resulting in weak overall team, high turnover. No bonuses at current salaried level.
I learned many things at this partticular job. Made many new friends and enjoyed working for Aramark.
Food Service Manager/Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2018
Good enough place to pick up skills and experience. Made many new friends and enjoyed the opportunity to meet and train employees. Did receive full Training in the area I was place in both areas. Enjoyed to camaraderie.
Pros
some employee benefits
Cons
broken promises, lack of employees, cut throat on hours
Pretty Chill Place to Work
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 14, 2018
Free lunch, good pay, great hours, great management, constantly meeting famous people, friendly fans, sports environment, diverse staff, very appreciative,
Quick paced
Commissary Worker (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 14, 2018
This job was stressful but interesting. You had to be very aware of your surroundings. Met interesting people. Co-workers could be fun or too serious. Definitely unique.
Benefits
Cons
Security
overworked, underpaid
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Morrison, COJanuary 14, 2018
Underpaid for the amount of physical labor endured, no health benefits. Worked 10-12 hours a day. The management was rude and acted above their employees aside from a select few
A great job .fast paced with laughter.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJanuary 14, 2018
I also was Catering Manger. Set up for on and off Campus events. Did Inventory on supplies. Lots of hands on. It really was a great fit if my grandparents hadn't got ill I would still be there.
This job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2018
I worked at the University of Memphis during my time with Aramark. The mangers were friendly and helpful. Overall working there was stressful and people weren't treated equally.
Poorly managed.
Route Sales (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 14, 2018
Lack of leadership is the largest downfall I see. Management does only that, manages. Zero leadership is shown.

A lack of feeling good about the service you provide also is a contributor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.