Aramark
3,682 reviews

Aramark United States Employee Reviews

Best place that I ever worked.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Salem, VAApril 18, 2015
I went into work everyday to work. My job started as a customer service rep in healthcare when it was Crest Uniform and I advanced quickly in the company to a Regional Coordinator. I worked well with most customer service staff as well as the warehouse in which I was able to follow orders completely for my phone customers and take care of any problems that would arise. The part that I guess would be in every office setting there was always someone ready to gossip about another co-worker. That was not as issue for me because I go to work to get work done and if I am caught up on my duties I do not mind helping in other areas. In the time that I did work for Crest. Wearguard, Aramark, I did advance and was awarded the Best People Award twice.. Also I am nit sure what system they are currently working in but I am familiar with Phast if that is still in place..
Beautiful University and Great Workers
Lead Baker (Current Employee), Rider UniversityApril 18, 2015
Pros: Really nice University Students
Cons: laid-off for a bit of the year
Overall a great Aramark account to work at. Many fun employees and the freedom to make really amazing desserts. Nice campus and staff.
Horrible experience
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee), Broussard, LAApril 18, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: EVERYTHING
Calling on customers who viewed our service as the last thing they wanted to deal with at any given time. The management style was too laid back, it needed more structure. Hardest part of the job was getting an appointment. Companies didn't want to fix something that wasn't broken. Also, the turn over rate was 100%.
depends on which division you are in... as it appears the other parts of the company function correctly.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2015
Micro managed to a point where there isn't enough time left in the day to actually sell with your multiple weekly mandatory meetings. Minimums are almost impossible to even meet in an average work week, you are in a glorified telemarketer position with a poor base and you have to fight to get your commissions on things you sell. If the things you sell will even stick because the service department is so poorly managed. Worst Uniform Company in the industry!
Good people co worker wise
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Warren, MIApril 17, 2015
Good pay but they discriminated against me. Had weekends off so I enjoyed that. Could not get overtime at all which was a bummer.
Great Company
Dietetic Intern (Current Employee), Quincy, ILApril 16, 2015
The Aramark Dietetic Distance Internship was a great experience. The people that work for Aramark are outstanding. Very friendly and good environment to work in. It has been such a great learning experience.
Non productive place
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 16, 2015
The management team was the worse, lack of communication. You tell them one thing they would do another. Putting request in they never do as they say. It was just a horrible experience.
Productive and fun work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Dayton Correctional InstituteApril 16, 2015
Very nice employment agency. My job placement was within a prison facility where I supervised inmates. I found that position to be a great learning experience,
Positives and Negatives just like any other company
Merchandise Control Manager (Current Employee), Stafford, TXApril 16, 2015
Hasn't been the worst experience but could end on a better note. My immediate supervisor is a great person to work and I am thankful for that.
Fun environment and people, work/life balance is tough
LifeWorks Group- Director (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: people, fun environment
Cons: long hours
Worked in management for 10 years and enjoyed all the people I worked with. Challenges were communication from upper management was often unclear and as a salaried manager, we often worked long hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Aramark is a great place to grow and further develop your career
Director, Employment Relations (Former Employee), Philadelphia PAApril 15, 2015
Aramark is a great company to work for depending on your manager. I had a great manager, hence I really was able to grow in my career and learned a great deal during my tenure there.
It is a very entrepreneurial company where you either thrive or fail.
I enjoyed the challenge as well as my coworkers. I was there for 16 years because I continue to learn from my peers, leaders and the business itself.
it wast a great place to work (Ford Plant)
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 15, 2015
I had a good time working for Aramark at the ford plant. it gave me the chance to spread my culinary wings . I always got good feedback both from the Ford plant and the company,
I was very sorry it shut down, I would still be there today I believe .
productive work place
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 15, 2015
A Productive working experience. Executive Chef /Aramark Culinary Support (Verizon Center , Monumental Sports and Entertainment) Culinary Support for Jiffy Lube Live, M &T Bank Stadium, City Field .Manage all culinary and food operations at the Verizon Center for 2 restaurants, concessions, commissary, building staff, players, press and private dining kitchens. Supervise catering for events accommodating up to 800 people. Conduct budgeting, marketing and financial cost analyses. Train new hires and retrain existing staff on food production, presentation and culinary technique.
Aramark
Sorter (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great employees
Cons: Seasonal-part time
I like working there but its only a seasonl part time job. I need full time permanent job. The company is great and the work is good but its for students or part time employees.
Productive and fun environment for employees and the students
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Wingate, NCApril 14, 2015
It was a great experience for the students whom eat here 2 - 3 times a day and great learning experience as an employee learning all of the cooking and food prepping procedures.
Very unprofessional, dirty work spaces, bad management.
Cook/ Baker (Former Employee), Gainesville, FL, University of FloridaApril 14, 2015
Pros: Picking up supplies from other stores on campus, lunch breaks.
Cons: Management, co-workers, management not following basic procedures.
I would come in a 7:40, clock-in at 7:45.

I'd set up the back BOH, and heating table.
Make food for customers both custom and menu items.
Baked cookies, stocked veggies.

I didn't much, just kitchen procedures a little different then I'm used to.

I don't have much to say about the management.

The hardest part was cooking catering orders by yourself in the morning.

The most enjoyable part of the job was; picking up supplies from other stores on campus.
Fast pace and fun workplace.
Food Server (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
I had to work at a fast pace. Serving alot of food and beverages to customers. I always kept busy.I love greetering the customers as they wait on their orders.
Good money...bad management
Food Server (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 14, 2015
Very part-time. I worked alot of games and really enjoyed the customers and my coworkers. Management wasn't very good at all...other than fighting with each other.
fast pace cooking
Prep Cook and Line Cook (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 14, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: low raises.
After working hard for a year here, it came obvious to me that i wouldn't be here much longer. The working conditions with rate of pay was very poor.
Fast-paced, hands on environment in the food service industry
Accelerate to Leadership Location Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 13, 2015
I have learned to be more resilent and adaptable than I could ever imagine. My day consists of many unplanned circumstances that need to solved and managed efficiently to enhance progress in the future!

About Aramark

Today is a Brand New Day Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, – Read more

Aramark Salaries