Aramark Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,181 reviews matching the search
all around fun job
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day working at James Madison University through Aramark is very fast paced. Its a super fun place to work at no matter what location you are in. All of my co workers are extremely nice. All of the managers will go the extra mile to get their job done as well as help you with yours. The hardest part of the job is developing friendships with the co workers and either you or that person gets promoted to another building but then that is also fun because you get to meet new people.
Pros
can get promoted easy
Cons
unemployment while students are on vacation
Aramark Healthcare
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 1, 2016
Aramark Healthcare has many highs and lows. At the DM level they have very talented leaders, but at the GM level the leaders seems to be very light on experience and interpersonal skills.

The focus at Aramark is Recipe compliance over quality food and service. It is unfortunate because the talent exists to creat better quality food. They should focus more on the quality of the product and less on the system. When you need to spend 40hrs a week doing paperwork, the focus is no longer customer focused, but paperwork focused.
Pros
Huge company with growth potential if you're willing to relocate.
Cons
Poor Unit level Leadership
Fast-paced job, somewhat unprofessional environment
server, cook, dishwasher, team leader and trainer (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 15, 2016
The staff members at Aramark need to work a little bit on their professionalism and communication skills. They could also provide better compensation for such a fast-paced working environment that is very strenuous on the mental and physical parts of one's health.
Pros
Free food
Cons
no breaks, unprofessional staff, low compensation
Good for someone who does not want to work full time
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAJanuary 27, 2016
Good work environment overall, however you learn many aspects of the food environment. I applied for an office worker, cashier and to help with caterings. However two months of being hired, I am now working in the kitchen the last two weeks as we are short people. The manager has not attempted to hire another person for the area I am working in and this was not what I was hired to to.
Pros
Free lunches, good co-workers
Cons
Not much for advancement, Constant changes to policies
Sold merchandise during professional sports games.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2016
A day at work started with setting up the store for each game on that given day. Assisting customers with their needs and restocking the store during gameplay so we could prepare for intermissions.
Pros
Watching sports games at the stadium for free
Cons
Management never listened to anything that the store associates ever advised
Culture provides autonomy to service accounts and clients while supporting the field with abundant resources and tools to achieve success.
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2016
Ever improving tools and resources to complete tasks and manage performance.
You know where you stand through rigorous metrics and reporting. This allows for improvement and dissemination into business units so that areas of opportunity may be improved.
A very productive and fun work environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2016
At Aramark I was a bartender at the University of Houston for the 2015 football season. I loved working here. I was located in the stadium during the games and my section consisted of people who held season tickets. My guest were awesome. Management was awesome. My co-workers were very helpful and friendly. The hardest part of my job was closing the bar. The most enjoyable part was collecting my tips and interacting with the people attending the game.
Aramark Refreshment services Is going through a transformation
National Director, Service Operations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2016
ARS is transforming from a privately held company to a publicly held company. Those business changes are a huge cultural change for the existing legacy operators. The shift from entrepreneurial to common rules, policies & processes is uncomfortable for the field operations. The industry is up for grabs, the company has a great opportunity, the top leadership has a vision, but the ARS division is going through transitional pains.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Change
Noone listens to the team!!
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2016
The management staff does not listen to the employees. There is no stability and there is no confidentiality at all. They don't want you to speak up and when you do you're subjected to begin written up. It's very difficult to advance and move up if you're not friends with the so-called right people.
Pros
Interacting with hospital staff, working with a good team, talking with the patients
Cons
Short breaks, lack of respect, management doesn't help
Helped provide an income for my family.
Route Salesman (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 14, 2016
A typical workday started at 4:00 a.m. and ended at 5:00 p.m. I learned that I excel with customer service. The company was a bit unethical with billing customers. The management was always under pressure to meet sales goals so increased customers billing invoices abruptly often.

I worked on my own route so didn't see co-workers much, but I was able to lend a hand when co-workers fell behind on their route.

Many days the route was long hours. The most hours I worked in a day was 18. That probably was the hardest part of the job.

I loved working with customers and helping them to get what they needed on a daily basis even when the main branch didn't always have their product. I went out of my way to make sure they received what they needed even if I needed to work longer hours or on the weekend.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long days
poor atmosphere, you can tell management hated their job
cashier (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day involved opening up the store, making coffee, stocking snacks and drinks, being a cashier when need be and maintaining a clean environment. This was the first job I ever had, which I got my first semester of college at seventeen years old. This job taught me just what handwork is and how to make an environment enjoyable for myself to work in. In order to make the environment fun I interacted a lot with the customers which were my fellow students since the store was on my college campus. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many new people everyday.
Pros
flexible breaks
Cons
management was hard to get a hold of to change hours etc
position variety
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXJanuary 26, 2016
the management was very friendly
co-workers are willing to help and take over positions in order to let everyone have a break
the hardest part of the job is the main rush hour and events when we have more than 200 people coming in for food
most enjoyable part of the job is the chance to do something different every time, whether it is serving food, preparing food, washing dishes
Pros
free dinner, free leftovers
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Should had had an internship
Senior Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 25, 2016
Worked for ARAMARK throughout college, making my way into a management position. The pay was not much, but I was given a free meal plan that pretty much allowed me to stay in college. The job was okay, and the hours were terrible to balance with school. I thought having management experience would give me a leg up in the job field. It didn't. I should had quit and worked on getting an internship instead.
would have stayed but was treated with too much disrespect and blame for defending myself
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 19, 2016
good Monday - Friday employment, but not financially compensatory, I learned that people no longer deal with the truth or facts, managers with personal vendettas are revengeful through the pen if you do not agree with their unfair treatment with all employees, enjoyed all the co-workers except those who antagonize, provoke, and brown-nose for gratuitous favors, the hardest part is trying to conform when I was correct in defending myself. The customers that appreciated my services, food product and my willingness to satisfy the customers.
Pros
minimum food meal per day
Cons
disrespect and demeaning talk from management to certain employees
Fast paced pleasant work place.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARApril 19, 2016
A typical day at work consists of answering phones, assisting the other assistants in my office, monitoring inventory, accounts payable and accounts receivable, any and all human resource jobs, including hiring process and new hire orientation.
Pros
Free lunch, great work schedule.
Cons
No paid holidays, no vacation for hourly employees
good experience to communicate with new people and work with them
student utility worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 26, 2016
I work very hard and give my best to my company. Manager plays a crucial role in our event organization, she handles each and every thing from the beginning to the end. I have got beautiful staff who work together and when the fun part comes we share our country things and family matters and movies etc.
I love working with Aramark!
Prep Chef (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 17, 2016
I work seasonally at a baseball stadium in the main kitchen. The job is something I enjoy doing. The people I work with are great. Its unfortunate that it is seasonal work, but one great thing about Aramark is that we often head up North to the Ranobank arena for work during our off season as they have hockey games and other events going on. I look forward to my shifts and that truly means something.
Pros
Additional work at other locations
Cons
No benefits
Aramark Uniform is a great starting company for those wanting to work factory, to those working in sales team or becoming a driver.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2016
Aramark Uniform is hands down, the most reliable company that i have ever had the pleasure of working for. With starting decent wages, very understanding supervisors, and a great medical plan to follow up on.
Pros
amazing medical coverage.
Productive and Busy Workplace
Assistant Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2016
It requires long hours, but then you are also compensated well with time off. Working at a university, you observe all the holidays that the university observes, and you also get at least two weeks off during December/January when the university fully shuts down. In working at a large location, you have support from your direct managers, but you also have a lot on your plate. Good company and good people.
Fast pace workplace
Customer Dining Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2016
I enjoyed the faster pace of the show / convention center industry. Having a different challenge everyday and having to problem solve on a daily basis kept me engaged and was something I really enjoyed. I also liked putting together my team, finding and training my employees. Knowing that they all knew and upheld my own personal standards.