Aramark Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun place
Arby's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 8, 2017
I had a great time working there. Coworkers were great and the manger was understanding. I actually like getting up and going to work there. I really enjoyed myself there.
Fast paced
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  1659 Cumberland Ave, Knoxville TN 37916September 7, 2017
Very fast paced, sometimes stressful, I have learned the real world is much different from what you learn in the classroom, that some things you learn are similar to what you were taught, but that for the most part learning is achieved through the process of doing.
Pros
The hours and the weekends off.
Cons
Short break
Back in the day it was not a bad place to work
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WISeptember 7, 2017
ARAMARK Magazine and Book division is no longer in business. I do not know what the other division are like to work for. My assessment is dates back to 1996 and is not a fair review.
Work place
Assistant Manager of Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2017
A typical day of work includes arriving early to check callouts and vacations, fill those positions with part-timers, check email for any posted projects or areas of concern. Check the bed board to seee how many are there to clean on our shift which dictates how busy our night is going to be. Meet staff in the sign in area, make sure everyone is present, then tour out areas of responsibility and check on staff.
There are 5 managers on 2nd shift and we work pretty good together. I am in charge of projects so I'm checking floor work, carpets etc. throughout the hospital.
Pros
I like working with my colleagues
Cons
Expensive Healthcare
Great Production
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2017
Very exciting work place. Production consist of Fine dinning catering events which were fun to execute. Beautiful platting and great knowledge on high end produce.
Pros
catering events
Cons
closed account
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 7, 2017
Fun atmosphere. Very fast paced and I loved working inside of PNC park. There are many opportunities and there is great room for advancement within the company.
Good job tobgtow with
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 7, 2017
A good job to grow with, very hands on and training provided. Knowledge of chemicals and cleaning supply, and proper way to use. Safety training, and assigned areas and duties.
Pros
Benefits, environment, experience
I enjoy housekeeping
Housekeeping Department (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PA Lankenau HospitalSeptember 6, 2017
I enjoy providing the quality of cleaning and keeping it healthy and safe environment for the patients and also the workers. And also gaining a relationship with the patients as you clean their rooms daily
Line up your ducks being sure someone has your back or you will be quietly dismantled and let go
Housekeeping Director/GM, etc (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania & eastern united statesSeptember 6, 2017
most enjoyable part of the job included developing best practices, in the absence of any available employee training within the housekeeping part of the company which they use to this day, and developed a management development program which was most successful. Worked with a tremendous management team at a particular location(s) which would do whatever necessary to perform at an excellent level and delivered a product of which the customer was most proud! Amen and amen.
Pros
Friendships and hard work appreciated
Cons
Don't value creative managers if not supported by local click, so watch out.
Easy and fast paced
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MASeptember 6, 2017
It is a rather easy place of work. When you we go in, our job for the day is written out. The co-works are easy to converse with, although depending on whom difficult to understand. As soon as the line begins, everything moves quickly. The manager is on the move doing what he has to do. People on the line assembling and placing things in to position, while the truck runners makes sure nothing stops them and bring the trucks to the units.
Pros
free food(selected), easy
Cons
fast-paced, occasionally deal with patients
Good company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 6, 2017
unload trucks and organize warehouse check freight always be ready too be faster then the last time .never be late work and keep warehouse in order. be happy and be right on the freight at all time.
Pros
Good company to work for
Great company overall
Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2017
Great people, and great customers. Management is great, but lacks growth opportunities. Job culture is awesome, and Aramark provides tools to succeed in the field.
It was quite some time ago. But I remember the culture being very "uptight"
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2017
The company attempted to address the culture/ office environment by having an annual holiday party for employees and their families.
This was an event that staff looked forward to.
Pros
Very successful company
Cons
Office culture was "stuffy
good part time job
Stand Lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 6, 2017
 Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of shifts
 Resolve customer complaints regarding food service
 Train workers in food preparation, in service, sanitation, and safety procedures
Busy workplace ,plenty of new people to meet
Server (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 6, 2017
Overall enjoyed working with ASU students , the food served was great , the place would get hectic at times . Most of the kitchen staff was nice . Uniforms are always needed and the food served is outstandingly good .
Pros
Free lunches
Laid back place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 5, 2017
Aramark is a laid back place to work while getting office experience. The employees are easy to get along with and laid back while at the same time stay focused at the task at hand.
Pros
Awesome work environment!
Cons
Hard to live on $15 dollars a hour.
Not a good experience
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 5, 2017
Aramark in Salisbury, Md is horrible! The food service director is very unorganized and not a very good leader. The employees are lazy and they all cut corners in order to do their jobs. Someone really needs to evaluate that particular location of Aramark and do so changing around ASAP!
Pros
Cons
Lack of pay, no advancement with company
Shock is all I can say
Custodian (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 5, 2017
Not all of the site are like this some are very much into making sure their employees are taking care of, unfortunately I pick the wrong site. Nothing left to comment on .
Pros
You get reward tickets
Cons
Be you own judge.
Good pay poor management
Driver & Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 5, 2017
Aramark is a popular and successful company that caught my attention with full benefits and good pay. After working there for some time I am not sure if it is all worth it. We start work from 3 am to 5 am depending on what the manager decides to text you that morning or the night before. We may work 12 hours or more each day, in delivery trucks with no AC. Management overwhelms some with strenuous delivery routes while others have easier days. The over work of employees, hours and treatment of management has caused an ample amount of stress on myself and my personal life.
Benefits
Cons
Graveyard hours
Aramark
Distributor Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2017
While at Aramark, I worked for the Woodhaven Foods division. After my second year, I was top sales rep every year in was there. It was my first job out of college, and I enjoyed it. I left to become a foodservice broker right before our division was sold to Sysco.
Pros
Great training
Cons
They weren't sure what to do as a distributor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.