Aramark Employee Reviews

Found 4,853 reviews matching the search
A great place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work consists of counting money, placing orders, filling orders, filling beverages, re-stocking condoments, cups, bags, ice, etc. I learned how to make a shake and a bit more professional and smile while under pressure. Management is great, easy to get along with. Much like the managers, my coworkers are awesome and fantastic and wonderful to work with. The hardest part of my job registering inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the wonderful co-workers and making sure the customers are happy.
Pros
One free meal per shift
Cons
Extremely busy all the time
Cut throat company and management is just as bad
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Paramount, CASeptember 25, 2016
Alot of cut throat people work at paramount location. All the favoritism no honor among men all the management is a joke from district managers all the way to corporate certain people play sick and get help everyday why others are sick or hurt the get nothing right route 406, 476,
Pros
nothing
Cons
Stop the favoritism stop being a snitch
Dont work for this company
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSOctober 5, 2016
Management has no respect for employees theres no way to move up.. raises are very low no benefits I was there for 3 years and got treated disresptfully from supervisor and manager..no leadership skills head bosses dont speak smile or nothin awful!
Pros
Free lunches n conversate with students
Cons
Short breaks no ovatime no health benefits raises are awful..
Big company with poor structure
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CAAugust 22, 2016
Uniform industry is just a tough industry in general. Dealing with union employees who don't respect management, tough customers not receiving the expected level of service they're paying for an lack of internal resources make working for the company hard. Add that to the idea of working a minimum of 12+ hour days and you have a poor experience with the big company.
Pros
Big name on resume
Cons
Long hours, unrealistic quotas and goals, union employees
Okay first job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 21, 2016
A common day is pretty fast paced. My first day I kind of shadowed a coworker, but wasn't really trained and had to wing it most of the time and ask a lot of questions. I constantly found myself being told multiple ways to prepare food. Management was definitely unorganized at times (sometimes even changing the schedule without informing me), but the most enjoyable part was the funny coworkers and outgoing customers that I interacted with. The hardest part was either the fact that I'd been working there 8 months to get a break or jumping into the hectic lunch rush with lacking communication between everyone.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible work hours
Cons
Only received breaks during summer months, management occasionally unorganized
Good learning experience
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXNovember 16, 2016
Great learning experience, challenging, very long hour days and demanding career life. Did not feel that food service was particularly for me. Overall, I am pleased with the knowledge and experience that I received from the company. Management team is very encouraging and helpful.
Pros
free lunches, good learning experience
Cons
high turnover rate
Aramark working in corrections is horrible the prison harasses Aramark workers for taking their jobs because we are private contractors
Line Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grafton, OHOctober 21, 2016
Horrible place to work no leadership,short staffed,always ran out of food.The prison harasses Aramark workers because we are private contractors they say we stold their jobs.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
harrasment by correction officers
Its a good company if it was better organized
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 18, 2016
You can lots of overtime because they never have product there waiting for you. People are great to work with when you are not short staffed. They also give you awards to purchase things online every three months.They do make sure have plenty of fluid throughout the day, such as Gatorade and popcisles.They are all over the world. They also have drivers that deliver our uniforms all over.
Pros
Its nice to recieve a weekly paycheck, also two weeks vacation after one year
Cons
its really hot there but you just keep going so you can get done
Fun and productive work atmosphere
Grill Chef (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 23, 2016
Fast paced, fun place to work. Great team working together. Management and staff all worked together as one unit. I learned better time management and multitasking working here because of the type of job it is. To me the best part of the job was the customer service end of the job. Getting to know the students, professors and other staff.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Seasonal
Not a great company.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2016
The Aramark motto is "Managed Services, Managed Better" which is ironic because the management is the single worst problem with this company. They change managers all the time which offers no stability and policies change as often as each school semester. The regional director was fired for incompetence so that goes to show how poorly their managers perform.
Pros
Good pay, good hours, good benefits
Cons
Terrible management
okay customers great staff except one person management ok
cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 17, 2016
If you' re a cook it's fast-paced customers always asking four different items in their food some of them is very nice and some of them not and if you're cooking is always hot and you going to sweat a lot which make it Miserable and if you make a mistake cooking they're not going to tell you somebody else Will so you never know if you're doing a good job or not you always get a break you always will get a Free meal
Pros
you get paid once a week
Cons
you're always shorthanded they can't keep no one to cook
Very intense job site.
Food Service Worker/Cooks Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 17, 2016
A day at work can be stressful and capable so succeeding if you want to become a chef.The first thing is to have an open mind and heart and know you can be the best chef you can be.As they say customers are always right. We are their to please the customers and work with our fellow employees to make sure we accomplish that task.The hardest part of the job is the timing food must be out on time with no excuse and we must make sure it is the proper temperature for it to be edible for the customers and others and what i like to see is everyone being happy and enjoying the food.

Pros
Wanting to see people happy.
Cons
More understanding with allergies in the food service as far as cooking
Beautiful Place to work
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Crescent, WANovember 2, 2016
Good place to learn but constantly changing your boss or co worker may be there one week and gone the next I feel there is a lack of pay for the duties that you must perform plus I hate the fact to truly work this gig you have to live there
Pros
beautiful surrondings, good food, friendly staff
Cons
costantly changing, too much internal plolitics
Extreme stress most days, paperwork overwhelming
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 10, 2016
Extreme stress, so much paper work no time for staff and hands on
management. Huge focus on multiple inspections and adherence to standards, and very little time spent on the human side of management and attention to needs of customer.
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Cons
Stress level, amount of paperwork
Good job to develop customer service and time-management skills
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Allendale, MIAugust 15, 2016
The hardest part of working in any food service job is time-management during a rush. Aramark was definitely a company that required such time-management. I learned the basics of making coffee drinks, working with a cash register, and maintaining a friendly but professional demeanor. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating products that other people enjoy, and working as a team to do so.
Pros
Free meals after certain number of hours
Cons
No breaks
Good people, mediocre company
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAAugust 31, 2016
My co-workers were some of the best people I've ever worked with. Unfortunately, Aramark did not properly reward those employees who put in a good day's work. Low pay, no incentives, little room for growth, and very odd, inconsistent scheduling. Mind you, this was not the fault of my direct management, who were great people, but rather (at least I'm assuming) the corporation's standard.
Extremely poor management/ hostile work environment
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKAugust 13, 2016
Title says it all they are extremely unorganized poor management and constantly changing their rules and regulations to fit their needs not yours. They have safety talks before work every day but the minute the talk/meeting is over that safety talk and promises goes right out the door. They promise you two fifteen minute paid breaks when your hired on but you get wrote up for taking them
Cons
Short breaks
Don't go for it, if dislike country music
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDAugust 11, 2016
I was employed by Aramark for 6 yrs at Mount St. Mary's in Emmitsburg, Md. I worked in the dishroom unloading the dish machine 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, because half of the people that work in dishroom are not smart enough to unload it, or too short, or too old. Your meals are free, the food is good and you can eat all want. The work is easy, but don't expect a thank you from management. If your thinking about working at Mount St. Mary's in Emmitsburg, you better like redneck (country) music, because there is lots of rednecks who work over there, that listen to that redneck music.
Pros
easy work, free food, all you can eat
Cons
not enough good workers, redneck (country) music
I enjoyed working here the staff was funny
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2016
Days went by fairly quickly that's how busy we were, but it was fine by me. I worked at a popular station every single day we had lines out of the door. I got to know quite a few students in my time there. We made everything from meat to veggie burritos, quesadillas, and taco salads with taco shell bowl. We made the bowls ourselves very interesting learn for me.
Pros
We had free lunch, and 30 mins paid lunch time
Cons
Not firm in paying department
Great place to start your career
Senior Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Western USANovember 22, 2016
There is a lot of opportunity to grow, especially if you are passionate about food, facilities and uniforms.
It is a large organization based in Philadelphia. For functional roles such as HR and accounting, there are more opportunities for advancement if you live in Philadelphia.
Pros
Excellent benefits