Aramark Employee Reviews

Found 7,155 reviews matching the search
Nice 2nd job option
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2017
Bartending for events is great if you're only looking to pick up extra cash. If you are looking for steady income then this position would not be the best option. Overall work environment and people are great & easy to get along with.
Pros
Beginner bartending experience
Cons
Not a steady schedule
100% work mentally and physically challenging
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2017
Harassed and overworked 2hours overtime on the board everyday and we also have to work on Saturdays. Supervisors said I cant use the bathroom or say hi to other co-workers and union has not stuck up for us since I've started working there. Also racism if your of color.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, racism
cool environment
Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 15, 2017
great managers supervisors and co workers
hardest part of the job is the back to back days working coming in early leaving late . the pay is very generous
Morally questionable company- easy to slip through cracks
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 14, 2017
I was hired and never worked a day for at least a month, worked there for a few months and was never even register trained. Was basically paid minimum wage to stand for 8 hours and fold t-shirts while dodging uncomfortable conversations with my manager. Also super short lunch breaks.
productive and dedicated
Student Worker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lock Haven, PAJune 14, 2017
A typical day at work would depend on where my manager would place me. Monday would be busy for grill area. My team and I would prepare food services for the students and faculty fast food like sandwiches, burgers, fries, etc.
Pros
free employee meal
Cons
busy all the time
Decent workplace
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJune 14, 2017
I liked working at Aramark. It was all an experience that im glad I got to be a part of. Didn't get to train in all the areas I was promised. There should've been a better communication system between manager supervisors​and employees
Pros
Cheap lunch, long breaks
Cons
Healthcare
FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Welch, WVJune 14, 2017
Good and fun work place. Great experience with management and excellent people to work with. Excellent salary and great benefits. The people who work for aramark have good skills and help anyway they can.
no one cares.
Head Custodian. (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJJune 14, 2017
People who work hard and care about doing a good job are not noticed by mangt at all. No communication at all unless its a major complaint.supervisor is not there at night. Leaves early. Not a real working supervisor at all. Have to beg for supplies and clean laundry. Manager does not stick up for workers. Bad workers do whatever they want, they know nothing will happen to them. Wish I could find a better place where management actually cares about good , hard workers.
Pros
hours.
Cons
management.
Stressful
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 14, 2017
Over worked under paid, No advancements for regular workers, expensive benefits, lack of communication, they don't care about family life, and horrible management.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No family time
Te ofrecen buen equipo de trabajo como uniformes y utencilios.
Food Prep Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2017
Ambiente de trabajo un poco pesado entre los compañeros. Los jefes no hacen mucho para evitar esos conflictos. Lo demás todo bien.
Caterer
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJune 14, 2017
Aramark was a really fun job to work for. Being able to attend many of the events and help setting up and serving was really fun. We use to get great tips.
Pros
Tips
its a good company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 14, 2017
Working in higher ed dining versus business dining with life works is night and day. I had the pleasure of working in both fields. If you are open to learning and do anything that is asked of you, you will learn alot and have many responsibility's. All in all I would not have stayed 6 years if it was a bad place to work.
Lunch room and playground help
School asst. Helper (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILJune 14, 2017
I love kids so helping them with their food items and watchimg/interacting with them was fun and also a very serious job for me, also being a good rolmodel for them was nice
Supervisor inmates
ARAMARK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 13, 2017
Consisted of meal preparation and delegating job assignments. Better management learning skills, my work culture was normally busy throughout the week.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2017
It was An productive and fun environment ,I met new people learn new culture and the pay and hour are good. The location are safe and clean the employee are nice and friendly.
Its Great!
Lead Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 13, 2017
The best company ever.!You will learn so much on a day to day basis. I would recommend all aspects of the corporation.In my opinion, every day way a happy day, and that is important
Not a good atmosphere
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  UNCW Wilmington, NCJune 13, 2017
Training is insufficient, workers resent new employees and do very little to help you get acclimated. Breaks are nonexistent. Management only cares about management and their on advancement. Promised things at hiring that never happened. One of the worst places I've ever worked.
Pros
Pay, no weekends
Cons
No breaks, insufficient training
People in jail treated better
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  New yorkJune 13, 2017
Very hostile work place company does not care about the people that work for them they just want the money and do not care that they are ripping people off
Pros
the most enjoyable part of the job
Bulk Folder (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2017
The job was enjoyable because it was easy and comfortable. management was understanding. im proud to work with them but i left due to getting a education
Stressful and boring
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Collections (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 12, 2017
A typical day at work consists of making phone calls non stop and forcing yourself to not care about whether things are right or not. Management is worried about numbers only. They say more calls equal more money paid to them so they don't care about customer service at all. Just make calls and you'll be fine.
Pros
Friday food trucks during warmer seasons
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.