Aramark Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,544 reviews matching the search
Lies lies and disrespect
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Moscow Mills, MOAugust 2, 2016
They told me they'd get me a uniform. Never happened. They said I'd get a locker. Never happened. They said I'd start at 10.60 in interview but then said they needed to go down to 10. They wouldn't give me code to access the building they suggested I try to piggyback on someone else walking in. Management was allowed to talk to me like a dog. Barely had enough supplies to do my job. I asked for more cleaning supplies and got nothing.
Pros
Cons
Lies, even about how much u will earn
no comments
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  University of MinnesotaAugust 1, 2016
Aramark management turnover was extremely high. This company has great benefits. Work and life balance was great. However, the environment/ working relationship between union staff and management was very negative.
Pros
Great benefits, work and life balance was perfect
Cons
Negative environment between union associates and management staff.
fun and hard working job
CASHIER/FOOD PREP/SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 1, 2016
This job is great at first but overtime not much recognition but will work you really hard. Pay is so so but this would be a great job for student or someone older.
Aramark really cares about their employee's
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 1, 2016
I loved being a General Manager. My typical day was getting ready for the day, reading emails, paperwork, and helping out on the line as needed. I have learned what an General Manager is supposed to do as far as taking care of the employees, leading by example and earning the respect of the employee's. The hardest part of the job for me is the administrative part of the job. Like reading every email in a timely manner, sending paper work in a timely manner. I love all parts of the job, especially the customers.
Pros
They help you every step of the way.
Cons
They could provide more training for a General Manager postion
Career
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 1, 2016
Place you would want to start your career. Work balance life could be better. Demands are high. You can become the person you want to be.
Opportunity to meet the needs of University Students
Convenience Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 31, 2016
-Stock shelves and continue keeping aisles tidy.
-I learned to stay busy and use time wisely.
-Best part is seeing regular customers and being there to assist in whatever way I can.
Aramark is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 30, 2016
Aramark is a global company that employees over 200 thousand employees across the world. Aramark provides management expertise and oversight for several lines of business, one being Hospitality Services-Healthcare.
Proven programs are created, implemented and managed to support cost saving initiatives, desired quality outcomes and regulatory adherence for healthcare support services.
Pros
Excellent development programs
Cons
Large districts involving excessive travel resulting in an imbalance of work-life balance
No advancement
Chef (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 30, 2016
My account had gone through a difficult period. We lost our GM and he was replaced my a corporate union buster and numbers person.

I was actually being trained to be the next Executive Chef, but was overlooked because I was in the union. They hired another chef from another account.

My position changed. The new GM and Ex chef wanted me to do the job of salaried manager and only work a 37.5 hour week.
Pros
My staff
Cons
The pay and no room for advancment, because corporate see they are getting manager work done on and hourly wage
Kitchen experiences
Catering Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 29, 2016
On a good day working at Saint Joes University things run pretty smooth. I usually deliver two filled hotboxes to two different areas of the campus along with full bread racks of cold food.
It was a good place to work
Facility supervisor (Current Employee) –  Downtown ClevelndJuly 29, 2016
It was a fast pace job. You need to be able to adjust to multiple changes. I learned how to manage my worker and keep their morale high. The management was great they gave me to best opportunity to advance to management . I made life long friendships through co-workers. The hardest part of the job was handling last minute changes. the most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
mandatory over time
Pretty good work when there is work
Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 27, 2016
Help clean restrooms, whole area while concert is going on. Easy going for the amount of pay, however there is not enough hours and they hire too many people.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Never enough hours, bad system for scheduling hours
Excellent Company with Superior Customer Service Standards
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2016
Having worked with companies with a focus on customer service and high standards, Aramark is a excellent company. They strive to produce and meet their customers needs at the highest level.

They provide for their employees career support, training, opportunity for advancement, and excellent benefits. The people I have interacted with in all areas of Business Services with Aramark have been top notch and well trained, and positioned well for their roles in the company. There is a challenge everyday to do better than the previous day, and this becomes the operating standard.

I have personally enjoyed my career with Aramark Services.
Pros
Cons
Competitive Salaries, Great Workforce Standards, Excellent Customer Service Guidelines
Fun place to work.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 27, 2016
It was a good job. the supervisors just didn't do their jobs. But overall it was my first job and gave me great experience in customer service and safety procedures.
Unstable work hours
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJuly 27, 2016
You never know when you will go to work or get off. Management is sketchy at best. Constant turnover rate, you hardly have a chance to train supervisors before they just stop showing up for work. The inmates run the staff instead of the staff running the inmates.
Pros
stability
Cons
hours, managment, staff
great place
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 27, 2016
working for Aramark has been a great company to work for in the past year as a culinarian. Aramark has a great diversity of background and knowledge of people around the world .Even myself as a Haitian chef with a vast background I am astonish even till today to see the collective effort Aramark brings to any establishment I ever worked in.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Food Service Director
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 26, 2016
Greta company to work for, they give you the skills and resources to succeed and thrive. Not much room for growth if you get stuck in a position.
Fun work place with a good boss.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Canyon, TXJuly 26, 2016
I enjoy working with kids and putting a smile in their faces. I enjoy the hours just wish the company would pay their employees more. Not paying employees well results in a high rotation of new employees.
Pros
Off work early
Cons
High healthcare and low wages
Place that encourages employee growth
Floor supervisor/ food service worker (Current Employee) –  Gorham, MEJuly 26, 2016
I learned a lot and advanced quickly within the company.Made life long friends, as well as received my serve safe certificate
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Little management support
fun but tough
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 25, 2016
good people to work with, just inconsistent with their policies and don't always follow up on their word. The coworkers can be very enjoyable to work with and often times a very laid back work place, but can also be difficult to get things from lack of work output from workers.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
bad hours, low pay
I cannot recommend working for Aramark
Diagnostic Imaging Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 25, 2016
Aramark tends to take care of the customer, at all costs. The employee is often thrown under the bus. Management is all about money and cares not for the employee. If you like a fully metrics employer, then Aramark is for you. Aramark HR is sometimes impossible to get ahold of, takes forever to get checks and Kronos setup, and is generally disliked by people in the company. Pay raises were miniscule, when they gave them and often they gave no cost of living increase. Training was minimal, or shorted. Hours were too long. Worse problem was their management had TOO many bosses. We never had enough workers to do the job and management took up to 18 months to put another worker in the field, but they could field a manager in no time .... you get the idea. Supervisor played politics and was not around often. To summarize, you can work here, but I cannot recommend them for work.
Pros
You get paid .... even if it takes a long time.
Cons
metrics, not enough workers, too many bosses, management changes EVERY year