Aramark
3,094 reviews

Aramark Employer Reviews

Good work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee), MIOctober 29, 2014
A good company to work for. Management is helpful and supportive.
Great Job
Maintenance Secretary (Current Employee), Slippery Rock, PAOctober 28, 2014
Great company to work for. Just to far from my house. The company even rewards you for time being there with gifts and such. The work is not hard and the bosses were amazing to work for.
large company across many lines of business
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility to manage how you like
Cons: price increases
As you will read from other reviews, you must be comfortable with giving customers frequent price increases and being able to justify those increases when they are disputed.
Fast paced detailed organization
Cook 1 (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 27, 2014
start day by getting menu and going over it with chef in case there has been items changed. I learned from this job better time management on menu items. Co-workers were helpful and team oriented. Hardest part of job consessions and the most enjoyable part of the job is the many complements of the students that enjoyed the food I had prepared.
ARAMARK is a great place to work and build your career. It is fast-paced and opportunity is given at all levels of the organization
Human Resources Healthcare System Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: ability to grow and achieve goals
ARAMARK provides its employees with the tools they need to be successful. The only obstacle to your growth is yourself. It is great company at which to work.

The work is ever-changing. My coworkers were very conscientious and professional.

I enjoyed every opportunity and challenge I was provided.
Kitchen Assistant
Kitchen helper (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 25, 2014
Prepared food for events. Put together sandwiches, wraps, salads, and fruit salads. Participated in Catering Services with team members.
A day at Aramark
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great employees, great pay and benefits
Cons: dirty, unoranized, managers are very mean .
Long days 10 to 14 hour days.

Learned how not to treat people . Kindness gets you More from employees.

Management had iron fist way of running the company.

Co works gave 100% ,Dedicated many have been there for over 15 years .

Working with coworker (Supervisor) They were set in their old ways unwilling to change with the company .

Teaching , Motivating, – more... And hands on working next to the workers – less
Fast paced envioroment
Payables Auditor (Former Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 22, 2014
Fast paced environment. Great locale. Management was very helpful. Co workers were very efficient and friendly with a few exceptions. Easily accessible via multiple transportation options, close to bus and train routes.
Good co-wokers and well place Cafe
Unit Lead (Current Employee), St Louis UniversityOctober 21, 2014
Pros: ability to see many of the international students and make a good rapport
Cons: consistently on my feet and working with food.
The hardest part of the job is being on my feet 95% of the work day. From 6 am through the lunch break it is non-stop back and forth between the front of the Café and where the kitchen is located, approximately 60 yards away. Management is new this year so it is difficult to determine what the next few years will bring but my co-workers and I have a – more... very good relationship and since the Café is small the actual work is not too difficult. – less
Always Fun and busy
Concession (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free food for employees
Cons: we didnt really get breaks unless there was no customers around
A typical day working over at Heinz field was always something to look forward to for me. I learned how to prepare a couple appetizers for football games and that was it really. The management for Aramark were really kind and friendly. They were also very organized with letting us know what time to come in for games that didn't have scheduled times. – more... My co workers were all friendly and hard-working people i didn't have an issue with anybody there. The only hard part about working at Heinz Field was worrying about a lot of customers coming to the concession stands around halftime. That's basically the rush hour of the whole job everything else is pretty easy going. – less
Intense work at times and great people
Food Safety/Alcohol Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: challenging environment
Cons: temporary position
Day starts a while prior to "Play ball" but moves swiftly. Management is capable and strive to make workplace cohesive.
Most difficult is being on your feet for extended periods but the payoff is happy happy guests!!
Great Entry Level Management
Catering Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: full benefits were available for hourly management
Cons: direct supervisors were awful
Hardest part was working on a college campus, where all the employees were students just looking for a paycheck. They were not dedicated at all to their job, which made it difficult to manage. Actual work wasn't bad, creating events, making sure they were packed for, delivered, and setup on time & correctly. Definitely a fast paced work environment – more... which was nice. Co-workers were great, management (directors) was extremely lacking. Unfortunately it was just a couple individuals that made the experience lacking for me. – less
very productive
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Richmond, Va.October 21, 2014
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: managment dose not stick up for workers when needed
my work day consist of me cleaning rooms in the hospital
I learned hazmat, Osha, and blood born pathigon, and Jaco as well
Fun work place enjoy going to work everyday
Assistant Manager & Cook (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 21, 2014
Nice environment to work pay isn't what i expected but i gain experience and enjoy gettin up to ge ready for work.
Exciting job but the compensation and advancement oppurtunities are lacking.
Stocker (Current Employee), Canton, MSOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches and soft drinks, good hours
Cons: compensation and advancement
I go to work every day to make money and provide for my family. I always accomplish my job well before the work day is over, which gives me time to go help out other employees. I receive multiple rewards weekly, but the pay just is not there. Also, there is no room for advancement. I am an exceptional employee, however I just do not see my life going – more... in a better direction financially working for this company. I have fun at work everyday by just being around people. In the vending business, you have to deal with unsatisfied people all day long. They do not ruin my day, I find that making them a satisfied customer makes my day. – less
Front Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor (Former Employee), Malone, FLOctober 20, 2014
Pros: to propare for the career in a prison
Cons: no benefits, no paid vacations, and no safty paid at the job.
Supervised how food was cleaned, prepped, cooked and service inside the department. 3 meals a day are serviced. Supervised appt. 20-25 inmate daily of all tasks. Keep records of what food was served, temps and amount that was served for each meal.
I have learned a hold lot by working for this company.
Food Service Director (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 20, 2014
I have worked for the company for the last 20 years and have found working for this company to be very rewarding in many ways.
A cold place but a good place to work at
Food Service Senior Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 20, 2014
Pros: l
Cons: og in
Deliver food to 14 school help pack out food for 146 school in Duval County. Check all trucks for safe and make sure they wear full with gas.
union
cook/stand worker/ runner (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2014
Work as a stand worker serving hot and cold food. Prepared food for the banquets and lunch stands. Also, as a beverage runner for the bars and banquets.
Part Time Job
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCOctober 19, 2014
Serving Students in the Cafeteria. Cashier for students and guests. Coworkers and management where great to work with

About Aramark

Today is a Brand New Day Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, – Read more