ARAPAHOE COUNTY Employee Reviews

Excellent voter service and staff cooperation
Ballot election judge (Former Employee) –  Cherry Creek Instructional Services CenterNovember 23, 2016
This was a temporary position to help with the 2016 elections in Arapahoe county. I received adequate training and assistance learning my responsibilities and company web based system.
Co workers were amazing: courteous to myself and community members requiring voting assistance. The hardest part of the job was reconciling the final days ballots and signatures and taking down all equipment. I found the position quite an enjoyable civic opportunity.
Pros
Excellent training, excellent ballot security
Cons
Needed more supplies and voting machines (IPADS)
Great Company to work for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 15, 2016
Dependable work hours and great pay! Most of the management is great and easy to work with. Depending on the department you are in, it will be easy for you to advance, and they actually encourage it. Other departments frown upon advancement.
Pros
Stable employment, good pay
Cons
Some areas frown upon advancement!
Temporary Election Judge
Election Judge (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2016
Very informative and rewarding job even though it was for a short time. The manager of our precinct bought into the politics of the job and was not responsive to contractors needs.
Pros
Able to contribute to civic duty
Cons
Supervisors did not allow breaks.
Unfortunately the culture is retaliatory and unprofessional
Finance Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 23, 2016
There are a lot of good people there. Unfortunately, the culture from upper management is unprofessional and retaliatory.
My first Job
Businesses Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 18, 2015
I was very nervous when I first started at this company it was a different culture every one stayed to themselves and I wasn't really welcomed here. The best thing about my job was my customer they brought the sunlight into our branch and made me feel better about my job.
Call Center Setting, fun atmosphere
Program Specialist, Duties (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 17, 2015
I enjoyed my position with with Arapahoe County. The opportunity to assist our clients was most rewarding. I assisted families in need, which at times can be a very difficult for them. to be able to maintain a positive attitude while resolving their conflicts and concerns. Completing their application process in a timely and professional manner.
Duties For the day
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 12, 2014
I assisted low income families obtain monies for the heating costs of their homes.
Pros
Excellent work environment!
Cons
Seasonal Position
challenging high security jail
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work is maintaining the Plumbing, Electrical and all as need repairs in the detention center. What I learn is the industy is allways changeing and inproveing how the job in done. I dont see the management much I self start every day if the manager needs me he calls me or he puts in a work ticket. I mainly work alone most days some times I train the new techs coming in to the county on how the jail works. The hardest part of the job is the tool control in the jail and the on call. The most enjoyable part of the job is the challages of the jail. I have to do repairs in the jail to a high security level so alot of the time it is thinking out side the box.
Pros
Nice hours, Over time, Vacation, New challages, Week end and holidays off
Cons
Low Pay, On call, High priced heathcare, Forced retierment plane, lack of employee application.
Great Agency
Youth Workforce Specialist (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 30, 2013
Wonderful place to work with some great people who really care about the community.
Pros
Flex hours.
Running around town
Public Defender's Investigator Intern (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 8, 2012
I would arrive on my assigned days and check my inbox. I usually had a list of various duties or errands from different investigators. They varied from visiting a client in the jail to review discoveries with them or to drop off clothes for them to wear for their court the next day. I was also responsible for estimating to the best of my ability what size our client wore from dress clothes to shoes. Many days consisted of hunting down witnesses in our cases that we were serving a subpoenas to. Some just didn't want to be involved others were people who stayed at many places.
Pros
freedom to fit in personal stuff between tasks
Cons
defending pedophiles
Productive and fun place to work where relationships are the foundation of one's work
Manager of Project Operations (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 7, 2012
typical day of work would include answering any questions/informing sponsors about their project status
reviewing/editing contracts
approving pay applications/invoices
I learned from management that relationships are what keep you going; it's the "glue" of the organization
I learned from co-workers that my relationship with them is highly valued
The hardest part of the job is to keep on going even when a "thank you" isn't in one's vocabulary
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the end result of one's hard work, extra time and efforts
Pros
great benefits
Cons
working in a highly political environment
A Truly Great Place To Work
Assistant Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 30, 2012
Arapahoe County is a great place to work. The people are awesome and they have a true commitment to the community. If I hadn't been laid off due to the funding of my Temporary-Grant Funded position I would have retired there.
Pros
the people