Arapahoe House Employee Reviews

Company is now out of business
Revenue Cycle Director (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 18, 2018
Company is now out of business. Everyone was laid off on 01/02/2018. It is very unfortunate. It was a great place to work at. I will miss working for Arapahoe House.
Enjoyed working for Arapahoe House but they Closed
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 4, 2018
Enjoyed working at Arapahoe house there were numerous issues with turnovers and poor management : Fell like the Board was misinformed by upper management and thus was the demise of the company.
Pros
Lot of paid days off
Cons
Poor wages
Productive fast paced environment
Primary Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CODecember 25, 2017
Learned a lot about co-occurring diagnosis, treatment, planning, and interventions. Strong sense of values and importance on culture of environment and staff.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
less than competative compensation
Arapahoe House
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 17, 2017
I am sad that this organization will be closing their doors after the many years that their service has been available to the community. Not only will many employees be out of a job, but many patients will also have to relocate for treatment.
Coworkers made the job worth it
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 8, 2017
The team I worked with made going to work everyday worth it. Loved the independence and autonomy I was given by supervisor. Great mission, poor management. Treat employees unfairly and overwork them.
Management Sucks
Addiction Technician II on Adolescent Unit (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CODecember 5, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Arapahoe House on the Adolescent unit, however the management of the company is horrendous. We were told on November 1st that the adolescent unit would be permanently closing on November 30th, and that if we did not transfer to another unit within the company, we were considered to be quitting. The unit closed on November 15th. The CEO and the director of residential treatment handled the meeting of telling the adolescent team about the closure very poorly, arguing with team members, and asking personal questions about addictions. They did not accommodate those team members (which was the majority) who are passionate about working with adolescents or children. Very turned off by the CEO and the management overall and how they handled the closure, and laying off of numerous people's jobs.
Poor upper management with minimal concern for patient care
Primary Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 16, 2017
I would not recommend working here because of upper management and their inability to treat employees and patients with basic human rights. If I had the energy to go after them for harassment I would after being threatened for verbalizing a need for adolescent treatment in the community.
Arapahoe House
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 10, 2017
Arapahoe House is a great place to work there all about culture and Authenticity. The hardest part of my job was learning and asking question on training myself with my new position. Most enjoyable part is working as a team with co-workers but overall best place to work. All about work and your well being.
Pros
No Pro's
Cons
No cons
Excellent place to work
Addiction Technician (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 16, 2017
I excelled at Arapahoe house, the employees are a team that help each other and management listens and participates. I felt safe and supported in this work environment, as well as had fun!
Pros
employees and free dinner
Cons
non smoking facility
Horrible Place to Work
Director (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COOctober 9, 2017
Toxic work environment, terrible management. They really do not care about the clients and make horrible comments about the patients and co-workers behind closed doors. Not a very good business ethic or a way to treat the people that you are supposed to be there to help. Overall, very negative outlook by staff and management.
Great Work Life Balance Very Low Pay
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 23, 2017
The people at this company were great to work with. The work life balance was also very great. The pay and benefits were very low. This is a great place for someone starting out to gain some experience.
Seemed like a good opportunity but...
Primary Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 13, 2017
Arapahoe House presented as a good job opportunity for someone starting in the field, however, due to what seemed like poor management and growing toxic working conditions many decided to quit. Productivity expectations were unrealistic, causing many clinicians to be overworked, stressed and unable to provide services to clients to the best of their ability. PTO policies became a joke, as it no longer allowed you to take PTO when and if you needed but only if your supervisor deemed it OK and you found coverage with a peer for whom you would need to cover another shift (even if outside of your working hours)--so essentially, shift swapping. If you did decided to take PTO, you were putting your coworker who would be willing to cover for you under the responsibility to add your workload to theirs until you got back. And then you would have to do the same. They offered great career advancement options; however they made it impossible to take advantage of such.
Supervisors became unreachable, and when able to reach them....you received nothing but negative feedback and pressure to work more and faster. With no incentive or encouragement.

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually doing something meaningful for and with clients and having incredibly supportive and helpful coworkers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unable to utilize the benefits due to work expectations.
Overworked
Addiction Tech II (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 12, 2017
No support from supervisor. Had a great supervisor then was transferred and it was all down hill from there. They expect you to work outside of OBH regulations.
Had fun working out and communicating with the residents.
Health Information Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2017
Spent most of my time reorganizing the department, release of information, answer phones, rewriting and creating procedures, backlog filing, scanning documents into EHR system and general clean up from 3 to 4 years ago.

I learned about 42 CFR policies.

Management lacked professionalism and compassion for the employee staff.

Alcohol and Drug treatment center.

Trying to explain my position. Not enough understanding of the Health Information Management.

Was able to come in when I desired (early morning) and work 8 hours, when I was an exempt employee.
Pros
Started out salary
Cons
Changed my position to hourly, lack of communication, and mistreatment of staff.
Great family oriented business
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 7, 2017
Arapahoe is the largest drug & alcohol treatment center in Colorado. I worked for a residential facility for women to come and heal with their children. It was an amazing environment and everyone there was dedicated to helping these women succeed in life.
Pros
Caring environement
Cons
Tough experiences and hard not to bring home
Patient Access Representative
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 4, 2017
The Arapahoe House is an excellent place of employment. The individual whom is employed strictly on call has to have the availability to travel and have reliable transportation and insurance with the number of locations required to fill for the Patient Access Representative position at different facilities. An on-call position does not offer mileage reimbursement because it is not considered a permanent position.
Pros
Learning new skills and knowledge in a fast paced environment in office administration
Cons
No mileeage reimbursement
Typical mental health agency.
Addiction Technician II, Acting Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COAugust 4, 2017
There are some things that Arapahoe House does really well, and other things that they need to improve. They do provide employees with training and the pay isn't bad. I thought the health and dental benefits were great and affordable. They encourage you to get your CACI, CACII, CACIII as an employee, which is good. I worked in detox and was forced to look for another job because Arapahoe House was getting rid of their withdrawal management program. I appreciated them giving us a heads up and ample time to prepare.
Does not value employees or clients
Primary Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 17, 2017
Arapahoe House does not value it's employees feedback, point of view or expertise. They have cut services for clients, failed to replace staff that has left and cut needed programs due to poor management.
advancement
Detox Technician/Clinical Case Manager I (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 19, 2017
I had many opportunities for advancement and moved up in the agency rather quickly. They provide many training to help obtain your certified addictions counseling certificate which is also helpful.
Pros
room for growth
Cons
turn over
Improving
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 15, 2017
Communication was an issue for many years with poor leadership skills and/or training for supervisory level employees. Improvement seen more recently as a shift was seen with a change in CEO.
Cons
No raises