Arbitron

Arbitron Employee Reviews

Productivity driven
Quality & Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 30, 2015
Pros: goal incentives
Cons: limited to indoors
Upon arrival set up to receive customer service calls. Trouble shoot calls and document the interview. Monitor and generate potential customers. Conduct one-on-one feedback sessions with management.
this was a good job
Data entry is required after each call (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
this was a good and i really liked what i did but at the end i think i became burned out
Very relaxed atomosphere
Operater (Former Employee), Houston TxJanuary 4, 2015
Very relaxed atomosphere inside call center and it was mild mannered i got along with co workers very well
Great job to work for
Panel Specialist Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 23, 2014
Pros: great supervisors and managers
Cons: laid off after 14yrs
I enjoyed meeting and working with different people. I pride in my Customer Service Skills. Dealing with irate customers were difficult but with my strong Communication Skills was able to resolve what could be difficult situations.
Excellent
Panel Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas TXSeptember 17, 2014
Arbitron was an excellent company to work for, great benefits and monthly bonuses, awesome supervisor team.
fun and challenging place to work
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: petty and high school type attitude from management
Daily tasks were geared around coaching and sales visits to consumers. Great team spirit among co-workers. Freedom to self-manage your day and week. Plenty of opportunity to travel and earn bonuses.
Good Place to Grow
Research Interviewer (Current Employee), Columbia MDJune 26, 2014
Arbitron was a good place to work. I enjoyed my time prior to the Nielsen aquisition.
A company that cared about its employees.
Supervisor Credit & A/R Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia, MDApril 17, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Arbitron, however due to the aquisition, many departments have been laid off. This was a solid compnay, with a strong family environment, strong work ethics that honestly cared about their employees. I met many wonderful people, and I enjoed coming to work.
Solidly professional organization. Well run and talented, hard working people
MANAGER - Strategic Business Intelligence (Former Employee), Columbia, MDApril 3, 2014
Pros: compensation, work/life balance, coworkers
Cons: taken over by nielsen
One of the best places I've ever worked. Management was both competent and reasonable. Never had pointless fire drills or unrealistic deliverables.
Nice Place to Work
Bookkeeper/Accounts Receivables (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2014
Pros: benifits are excellent
Cons: na
Very laid back. Dress code was awesome. It was a lot of work but it was fun. Work well as a team
Awesome Place to work before sale
VS (Former Employee), ColumbiaMarch 19, 2014
Work was very friendly until the acquisition. kfdsfdafdafadfadfdsfffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Very Productive
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 1, 2014
very busy environment. management is okay. can get worked out by all the calls back to back with no break during busy seasons.
Excellent place to work.
Shipping & Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbia, MDFebruary 10, 2014
Excellent place to work. management cared about the employees.
Arbitron was a wonderful place to work unfortunately it doesn't exist anymore
Sr. System Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia MDFebruary 7, 2014
I cannot review the company as they have been purchased by Nielsen and Arbitron no longer exists. Nielsen is a completely different company and I didn't work their long enough to know how the company operates.

I am grateful I got to be an Arbitron Alumni.
Great employee's, poor managment
Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Columbia, mdJanuary 27, 2014
Conducting Interviews, poor management, awesome co-workers, tedious workplace and short work shifts is best part of your day.
Research Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Cons: bought out by nielsen audio
I love working for Arbitron. The training was detailed and thorough. They made sure that when you hot the floor, you knew exactly what you were doing. There offered cross training opportunities, and constant training. Overall it was a great place to work, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a call center position.
team oriented environment
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: overall a great place to work
worked as a region to meet or exceed goals. Compensation was very good and supervisory team support was exceptional.
Arbitron is no longer...
Senior Software Engineer/Lead, CDP project (Current Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 17, 2013
Arbitron was a great place to work, but the company no longer exists as it was acquired by Nielsen and renamed to Nielsen Audio.

Nielsen has a totally different culture and laid off more than a half of Arbitron employees the week of 11/15/2013.

It remains to be seen if Nielsen Audio can become a good working environment for the possible new hires.
Productive and challenging work environment
Outbound Call Agent (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2013
going to work excited to get money because of daily incentives and quarterly bonuses, learned the basic structure of the company so that I was able to tell the respondent which made my performance rate a plus, co-workers are the reason I come to work, hard working group of people to be around. I love getting the agrees and satisfying the respondents as well
productive with all aspects of my job
Retention Clerk (Former Employee), MarylandSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: learning so many different fields of knowledge
1986-1988
packed reports for customers during sweep production periods.
operated company vehicles, delivered inter-office mail throughout all three facilities.
1988-1992
Maintained an inventory of over 1,800 printed reports
Processed, packed and expedited report orders to clients
Provided back up support to Senior Mail Clerk supervising 15 employees
Operated and maintained Cheshire Mailing and labeling machine
Operated inserting and letter folding machines
Operated and maintained Pitney Bowes postage meters

About Arbitron

Arbitron watches radio listeners. The top provider of radio station audience ratings in the US, Arbitron surveys radio listeners – Read more

Arbitron Salaries