Arbitron Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Fun
Survey Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2015
Music played out load in the production floor as employees entered the office. Staff was upbeat and mentally prepared to sell. Money and gifts were awarded throughout the day. Employees were easy to work with. I was responsible for providing a high-spirited environment for employees to produce in a sales environment. I learned to become unselfish and how to better lead people while meeting their needs and the needs of the business. Management was very insightful and willing to assist. The hardest part of the job was receiving commitment from 100% all of representatives. The most enjoyable part of the job was the human interaction, the energy and excitement involved in working together to achieve something greater than just individual sales: meeting production needs of the call center.
Pros
Free food, gifts, bonuses, and parties.
Laid Back & Fun Work Place
Customer Service, Out Bound Calls (Former Employee) –  DallasJuly 1, 2015
this place is really laid back.
no one constantly breathing down your neck.
lots of bonuses.
meet lots of cool people.
trainers are awesome.
supervisors are awesome too.
i would recommend this place to friends
Cons
short breaks, very little hours
Productivity driven
Quality & Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 30, 2015
Upon arrival set up to receive customer service calls. Trouble shoot calls and document the interview. Monitor and generate potential customers. Conduct one-on-one feedback sessions with management.
Pros
goal incentives
Cons
limited to indoors
Result Oriented Call Center
Bilingual Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2013
Part-Time Call Center, pays well if your a Bilingual (speak english and spanish fluently) but requires a lot of results and hard work. This is a tv and radio ratings company. In a nut-shell you call people's homes and have them do an over-the phone survey of what they watch and hear on tv and radio or you mail them a brochure for them to fill out and mail back. This is a job you have to sit through for like 6 hour and call people constantly. It gets old real quick and tiring. But it requires non physical work. So its a good trade off. You work 5 days a week, 2 days off. Have to work 1 weekend day sat or sun.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
call people constantly, gets old.
productive with all aspects of my job
Retention Clerk (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 3, 2013
1986-1988
packed reports for customers during sweep production periods.
operated company vehicles, delivered inter-office mail throughout all three facilities.
1988-1992
Maintained an inventory of over 1,800 printed reports
Processed, packed and expedited report orders to clients
Provided back up support to Senior Mail Clerk supervising 15 employees
Operated and maintained Cheshire Mailing and labeling machine
Operated inserting and letter folding machines
Operated and maintained Pitney Bowes postage meters
Pros
learning so many different fields of knowledge
Very professional and comfortable work environment.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  columbia, MDDecember 2, 2012
Staff meetings at the start of each shift where we praise people for their accomplishments, as well as discuss the current company goals. Although this was not a sales position, we still had goals to reach individually and as a team. This was a call center position so majority of my shift was spent talking to customers. Arbitron provided a very comfortable work environment. All of the employees, and managers were very polite, organized, and professional.
Pros
good pay, stress free work
Cons
short breaks, little job sercurity
Fast paced multiculteral good break and greatest manager ever
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 6, 2013
My manager just started at the call center he is a godsend to Arbitron and all the employees he overseas. A great place to work if you work hard and are coachable. You must meet or exceed a certain success rate of work to maintain employment its challanging and can get very stressfull. co workers are ok I dont go to work for friends if so I wouldnt work here. You get plenty of recognition for doing your best and thats the best part of the job the bonuses and recognition.
Pros
free pizza, daily cash incentives and monthly bonuses
Cons
part time position
Great job to work for
Panel Specialist Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 23, 2014
I enjoyed meeting and working with different people. I pride in my Customer Service Skills. Dealing with irate customers were difficult but with my strong Communication Skills was able to resolve what could be difficult situations.
Pros
great supervisors and managers
Cons
laid off after 14yrs
Great Culture, Terrific Career Builder
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 1, 2012
This is a company that depends on data collection and analytics. The people who work there are creative, and have a do-whatever-it-takes attitude toward their customers and their industry. You will learn a lot working there that is transferrable elsewhere.
Pros
great place to learn and grow, terrific people and a great management team
Cons
can be frequent long hours, only average compensation
Productive but fun work place/call center
Research Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 3, 2012
Research company that conducted ratings for television and radio stations:
I Took between 100-150 calls a day (outbound). Collecting basic and demographic info along with surveying, and some telemarketing. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the daily incentives. Managers gave call winners a chance to spin a wheel and win money.
Pros
bonuses and incentives
Cons
short breaks
Productive and challenging work environment
Outbound Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2013
going to work excited to get money because of daily incentives and quarterly bonuses, learned the basic structure of the company so that I was able to tell the respondent which made my performance rate a plus, co-workers are the reason I come to work, hard working group of people to be around. I love getting the agrees and satisfying the respondents as well
Arbitron is no longer...
Senior Software Engineer/Lead, CDP project (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 17, 2013
Arbitron was a great place to work, but the company no longer exists as it was acquired by Nielsen and renamed to Nielsen Audio.

Nielsen has a totally different culture and laid off more than a half of Arbitron employees the week of 11/15/2013.

It remains to be seen if Nielsen Audio can become a good working environment for the possible new hires.
Very Productive Company but compensation is low
Arbitron Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 5, 2013
Stability is this companies greatest asset.
They attempt to engage the employees and reward them with different functions throughout the year.
Most employees would rather see the reward in their paycheck, which seems to happen for some more than others, even if its the others that get the work done.
Pros
stability
Cons
overworked, low compensation
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2014
I love working for Arbitron. The training was detailed and thorough. They made sure that when you hot the floor, you knew exactly what you were doing. There offered cross training opportunities, and constant training. Overall it was a great place to work, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a call center position.
Cons
bought out by nielsen audio
It is a very good place to work while in school, or just for extra income.
Research Advisor (Current Employee) –  dallas, TexasMay 26, 2013
The supervisors and management were not always on the same page. The employees typically felt out of the loop about the daily happenings as a result of this. The job it self was very mentally draining by its self. Growth within the company is a pipe dream.
Pros
short hours
Cons
short lunch breaks, abusive phone calls.
A company that cared about its employees.
Supervisor Credit & A/R Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 17, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Arbitron, however due to the aquisition, many departments have been laid off. This was a solid compnay, with a strong family environment, strong work ethics that honestly cared about their employees. I met many wonderful people, and I enjoed coming to work.
Arbitron was a wonderful place to work unfortunately it doesn't exist anymore
Sr. System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia MDFebruary 7, 2014
I cannot review the company as they have been purchased by Nielsen and Arbitron no longer exists. Nielsen is a completely different company and I didn't work their long enough to know how the company operates.

I am grateful I got to be an Arbitron Alumni.
fun and challenging place to work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 20, 2014
Daily tasks were geared around coaching and sales visits to consumers. Great team spirit among co-workers. Freedom to self-manage your day and week. Plenty of opportunity to travel and earn bonuses.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
petty and high school type attitude from management
Solidly professional organization. Well run and talented, hard working people
MANAGER - Strategic Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 3, 2014
One of the best places I've ever worked. Management was both competent and reasonable. Never had pointless fire drills or unrealistic deliverables.
Pros
compensation, work/life balance, coworkers
Cons
taken over by nielsen
Friendly work environment, laid back.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxJanuary 13, 2012
Work was stressful at times because I had to meet a percentage. Nothing I could not handle. Hours were very flexible. I also like the fact that my job was close to home.
Pros
benefits, incentives, met nice people
Cons
no job security. had to work one day on weekend

4.2