Arbor Hospice

Arbor Hospice Employer Reviews

great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIDecember 11, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: communcation poor at times
Awesome co-workers and management very caring and flexible. I enjoy working with all of them.
Arbor Hospice
SCHEDULING COORDINATOR/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 22, 2013
Pros: wonderful staff, patients and families
Cons: emotionally draining at times, low salary
I enjoyed my work at Arbor Hospice! I was a scheduling coordinator for the nurses and my office was right next to patient rooms, so I was able to really get to know the patients and families. I feel I grew as a person and employee during my time at Arbor Hospice. I learned to value life and realize how blessed I truly am!
Rewarding work but not valued by management
RN (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MINovember 7, 2012
Pros: rewarding work
Cons: no job security, culture of mistrust and back-stabbing
There is such a thing as a "hospice heart" and the majority of nurses and aides working there have one. They are great people and the work they do is awesome! However, the management does not value their employees. Over the years I was there I saw a frequent pattern of over-hiring and over-staffing then cancelling one or two nurses each shift. It was – more... not uncommon for me to be cancelled two shifts a week! That's half a paycheck! Doesn't look like things have changed much. That kind of environment leads to competition for shifts and back-stabbing. The attitude of management is very aloof and there seems to be a lot of dissention withinin administration as there is a high turn-over rate. I recall the VP stating at a mtg,"There's not one of us here who can't easily be replaced." That pretty well sums it up. – less

ArborHospice – June 10, 2013

We are sorry that was your experience at Arbor Hospice. The highest quality of care and support for our patients and families is always our highest priority, and we value all of our employees for providing that highest quality of care. Our management team works hard to balance staffing with the number of patients that need care, and we recognize that finding a balance is at times challenging. Thank you for recognizing the “hospice heart” of our staff.

Fantastic Place to Work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 22, 2012
Worked here for a little over 2 years. Had a fantastic supervisor, employees were friendly and caring in all departments. Loved working here - the only reason I am not there is because we had an extremely low census at the time and my hours were cut from FT to PT. Would most likely still be working there if my hours hadn't been cut. I highly recommend – more... working for Arbor Hospice. – less

ArborHospice – June 10, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We value all of our employees and appreciate their dedication to our patients and families. Please keep us in mind for future employment opportunities. As our census grows, we’re looking for mission-driven and compassionate individuals.

Amazing Employer
Employee (Current Employee), Ann ArborSeptember 28, 2012
I have worked for Arbor Hospice for almost 10 years and could not imagine working for another organization. People here care about each other and the mission more than any other healthcare organization I have worked for. The work is rewarding and the company is growing. I highly recommend this organization.

ArborHospice – June 10, 2013

Thank you for recognizing all of the wonderful employees at Arbor Hospice! We work hard to recruit people who are passionate about our mission and dedicated to our patients and families.

Management Reorganization Demoralized Staff/Compromised Patient Care
Nurse (Former Employee), Ann ArborMay 30, 2012
Pros: caring for patients was rewarding.
Cons: new management policies are heartless and destructive.
This hospice provided wonderful compassionate care to patients and felt like a warm, family environment for hard working staff. New management and its reorganization destroyed the environment of trust and care. Staff were laid off, fired, hours reduced periodically, across the board. This policy change created an environment of job insecurity, distrust – more... and general confusion, ongoing. Staff could not devote full attention and care to patients so patient care suffered. This is the point when many of us who cared about quality patient care left this hospice to find other jobs. Long time staff also were laid off without understandable reasons. – less

Kree – July 18, 2012

Thank you so much for posting this. I was wondering why so many jobs were open. You saved me some heartache probably.

ArborHospice – June 10, 2013

We are sorry this was your experience at Arbor Hospice. Please know that it was not our intention to create any confusion or distrust. Our employees are critical to serving our mission and we welcome your questions, concerns and suggestions, at any time.

An exciting place to company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 20, 2012
This job has excellant teamwork. The whole hospice team is wonderful.

ArborHospice – June 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments!