Arbors At Sylvania Employee Reviews in United States

Run Away
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 31, 2015
I was the Life Enrichment Director for Arbors at Sylvania. I did more than that, with attending 29 meetings a week. I did the blunt of the Marketing getting people into the building while The Marketing Director and Company Liaison looked pretty. That was their jobs. Housekeeping, Aides, and Dietary Staff were all underpaid, and worked their butts off. If cencus was low, Activities were the first to go. I always had to cancel outings because the bus was in the shop. Once the breaks were so bad, that I had to bring the bus back. Activities were cancelled due to low cencus, and we were told to go home. Due to a 28.5 million dollar law suit...Extendicare sold Arbors at Waterville, and Arbors at Sylvania...Prestiage Healthcare bought Arbors at Sylvania. I heard it is still poorly run. Life Enrichment Directors no longer get to be with the patients, they are in meetings 24/7 or doing Marketing for the ones that have to look pretty. I feel for the nursing staff also. They are so stressed. My advice...Run.....Run Fast...
Pros
Cons
Horrible Management, Just Horrible Company in General, And Tons of Drama
Fun atmosphere and very fun boss
Housekeeping/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHApril 30, 2013
Cleaning homes and businesses. My co-worker/boss was an amazing woman who was extremely fun to work with. It made the day fly by.
Pros
free luches, paid gas by milage
Need a new atmosphere
Dietary Cook/Aide (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 20, 2013
A typical day at work depends on the manager's mood. If she's not having a good day then we won't either. I've learned to ignore alot of negativity when it is present on the job. I have to do certain co-workers jobs because they don't finish what they're supposed to do so I really need a new atmosphere that will appreciate a worker that goes above and beyond.
Pros
helping the residents and free lunch
Cons
no healthcare and the negative atmosphere almost on a daily basis

2.8