Arbour Fuller Hospital Employee Reviews

not good at all
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Attleboro, MAJanuary 25, 2018
This is one of the most disorganized place to work. The patients hate being there. The employees hate being there. Only the administration enjoys their job because they get decent pay. One patient said ," the devil lives here!" and he wasnt lying about that.
fast paced
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJanuary 10, 2018
fast paced environment, good co workers, great nurse managers, not for someone who wants a laid back environment. must be willing to deal with all types of personalities.
Unsafe & uncaring
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Attleboro, MADecember 21, 2017
This hospital is poorly run, dirty and unsafe. Especially for floats who have to get acquainted with new patients almost every shift. Coworkers were helpful but not paid well for their time. It seems like everyone was constantly being mandated due to call outs. The patients are all over the place because staff is inexperienced and the units are not staffed correctly. I’ve worked in mental health for 10 years and have never seen anything like this place before.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor management, unsafe working conditions
Excellent place to gain experience and make a difference
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MADecember 19, 2017
Working for Fuller hospital has been a rewarding experience working with the management and clinical staff in the hospital. Everyone is treated with respect and valued for their input regarding patient care and the culture of the workplace. All levels of leadership are not afraid to jump in and assist the staff as needed and can be seen around the hospital continuously responding to difficult situations. The education department is dedicated to assisting the staff in increasing their knowledge and skills to better perform their position. The PTO and benefit packages is very competitive and reasonable.
this is from the view of a patient which is most telling
patient (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MASeptember 18, 2017
I was hospitalized because of suicide ideations. I was there for a few hours when I was asked by someone for my $500 copay. Very unprofessional. There is no cleaning staff on weekend as someone spilled something on the floor on Friday and it didn't get cleaned until Monday. Someone did put a caution sign on it though. Also I felt like the atmosphere was geared to substance abuse. Just dirty all around. Needs paint,its cheap and would make patients feel like they are worthy of a clean enviorrment.
Pros
Staff ok
Cons
dirty
Good experience
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Attleboro, MAAugust 23, 2017
Arbour-Fuller has provided me with much needed entry level experience in the mental health field, but there comes a point where one must move on to other opportunities. Staff have a team based approach to working with patients and will give it their 110% to ensure adequate patient care to the best of their ability. Unfortunately, there is a substantial disconnect between what management perceives to be priority (filling beds for the sake of filling beds) and what staff deem essential to the job (i.e. patient and staff safety). Feedback from lower level staff is not taken seriously when it needs to be, especially when there are reports of understaffing or improper staffing creating an unsafe work environment. There is very high staff turnover, leading to difficulties on making sure everyone is on the same page. Regardless, staff get along well once they're part of the "Fuller Family".
At times the environment is very chaotic when units have acute patients, which is challenging but you get used to it. Working with friendly staff/co-workers to try and make a difference in someone's life is what makes it worth it.
Pros
Great support from co-workers, overtime, flexible scheduling
Cons
Mandation, understaffing, disconnect between management and staff
In Home Therapist
IHT (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 24, 2017
The job is very rewarding but it is not stable at all. It is pretty much fee for service and you do not get paid for everything you do. Its a good job in your in school or studying for your any kind of professional license. You get to make your own schedule which is good. But overall the job is not worth it. There is a disconnect between upper staff(lead clinicians) and regular staff. Also there is a big disconnect between supervisors and employees. But that is just the nature of the job,
Pros
making your own schedule
Cons
disconnect between staff, you don't get paid for everything you do, you dont get paid to drive to your clients house, its not worth it!
Newest management horrible.
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 17, 2017
Hospital is dirty, no hot water in staff bathrooms. Turn over for staff is so high that a majority of the staff doesn't have any experience. Which make's for a unsafe work environment.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Mandation
Good place for psychology/nursing experience
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 14, 2017
So far I've thoroughly enjoyed my experience working at Arbour-Fuller as a full-time mental health specialist. This is a tough job due to the field. Patients can be extremely difficult. The people I work with are great - we all work as a team and help each other out. You definitely develop a close bond with your co-workers due to the intensity of the job.
Pros
Great staff, interesting field
Cons
Working weekends, difficult patients
challengeing but rewarding
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Attleboro, MAJuly 6, 2017
difficult job at times due to patients, but overall its a fun place because of the coworkers. you have to work together to get through the work day. great job
Room for Growth
Marketing/Business Development (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 30, 2017
I am have worked at Arbour-Fuller Hospital for almost a year. This is by far one of the best positions and places I have worked in. The field itself can be challenging. We have great supports. The management and leadership consistently strive for improvement. This is a fast paced environment. At the end of the day you may be exhausted but the care we provide our patients is second to none. Looking forward to building my career here.
Pros
Staff Engagement, Management, Pay, Retirement Benefits
Cons
Moderate to High Stress Environment
administrative
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  attleboro, maJune 22, 2017
you definitely work hard, but you get rewarded for it. its ridiculous to hear people say "all they want is to fill beds." we treat patients! they need to be in beds for that to happen. Management rounds daily, is available to talk to and many of my colleagues have gotten promoted internally. Nice atmoshphere, good staff and I get a great deal from interacting with patients.
Pros
busy, days pass fast, promotion opportunities
Cons
sometimes crazy busy
A new leadership makes needed changes
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 21, 2017
I have worked at Fuller for several years and have seen many leadership changes. For the first time, they are digging deep to improve processes, while holding staff accountable for delivering safe and therapeutic patient care. Due to the nature of the job, there are days that are busy and stressful, however the rewards of helping individuals in crisis make all the hard work worth it. I feel supported by my manager and see the differences in the care delivered. Patient care is seen as the utmost priority and hospital leaders will not accept anything less from staff..it is interesting to read some of these comments and would bet that they were the staff that were unable to meet the job requirements and are disgruntled that the company will not allow for mediocre performance.
I would recommend Fuller as a great place to work for individuals that are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to make a difference.
I loved working at Arbor – fuller
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 1, 2017
I loved working at Arbor – fuller! I worked here for several years as a case manager. The job offered Great benefits and very competitive pay rates. It seemed that they were always hiring so retention tended to be an issue. But I never wanted to leave… I enjoyed working with the teams on each unit. I thought that the hospital was run very efficiently and that I was able to complete my job with ease.

I recommended several professional peers to work at Arbor and they all had very similar experiences. Honestly, no matter where you go to work there always pros and cons. Arbor definitely has much more pros than cons!

As a case manager I had the opportunity to work under a fantastic supervisor that was very understanding to my schedule with my family. It was a great balance between work and home life that was encouraged.
Pros
Great pay rate, competitive benefits, 401(k) match up to 3%, great team to work with, flexible schedules.
Cons
For-profit hospital. Student Loans to repay, As if he work for a nonprofit, you get student loan forgiveness after 10 years.
Good Manager
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  S Attleboro, MAMay 22, 2017
I really like my current manager. She is knowledgeable and is very understanding of all personalities in the department. She is very thoughtful and tries to lead and the best way possible.
Temporary Job
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMarch 27, 2017
A rotating door for employees. You have to have tough skin to work in this environment. Patients are there for too long and doctors act as they do not care.
Great Company
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMarch 22, 2017
Lack of work for per diem employees. Seems like a revolving door for employees coming and going. I was put in some situations with in the company that made me uncomfortable and were not told to me when applied for position.
The staff working directly with patients are incredible and are working here to make a difference.
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Attleboro, MAMarch 19, 2017
Arbour Fuller Hospital is a psychiatric facility that serves mental health, developmentally disabled, dually diagnosed and substance abuse populations. Many different levels of care allow for treatment of many populations.
Staff are not treated well and patient care is not priority
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJanuary 31, 2017
I was a Case Manager and made it 3 months. I quit! The staff are all new, everyone seems to hate their job no matter what position they are in. There is so much paperwork and you are pressured so hard to get people out as fast as possible. Some of this is because of insurance but not all of it. They take any patient they can get. Staff to client ratio on the adolescent unit is dangerous. The whole place is a mess and disorganized. They write up MHS's constantly and they don't really seem to care who they fire. It's just get them out and hire more new people. Every Case Worker I talked to said they didn't like their job and most were looking for a new job!!! Many say they are going to quit and don't but they are miserable!!!! There is no time for breaks. Your days are so busy and non stop!!! Case managers do tons of paperwork, faxing, and pulling documents out and putting them back in charts. There is rarely time to meet with patients and impossible to meet with patients everyday! The doctors are bogged down with patients and barely have time either. It was just an awful experience. I'm so glad to be out of there. Do not sell yourself short and take this job!! Move on!
Pros
Made a friend
Cons
All of the above..... too many to list again
good place to work for experience in psych
MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAOctober 14, 2016
Arbour fuller hospital has its ups and downs but overall you are there for the patient care. The staff that work there are like a giant family. The patient care consists of therapeutic groups, ADLS, and nutritional assistance.
Pros
staff, patients
Cons
short breaks, acuity of the units