Arbour Fuller Hospital

Arbour Fuller Hospital Employee Reviews

high burn out job....unsafe work environment
RN (Former Employee), Attleboro, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: committed, compassionate co-workers who care about their patients
Cons: unsafe, no security, poorly staffed, lack of therapeutic programs for patients, management only cares about making $$$$
This is a dead end job. Management's only concern is filling the beds. Nurses are used and abused. MHS is put in dangerous and unsafe situations and set up to fail. There are too many out of control patients at any one time on the unit. Patients do not get any therapeutic treatment. Depressed/anxious patients are made worse during their stay because they are treated on the same floors as psychotic/manic/substance abusers.

The direct care staff cares deeply for their patients, but their hands are tied with a "hands off approach" to safety. Unruly patients are allowed to control the units because the policy is to avoid restraints until someone is close to being hurt. There have been many injuries to staff and other patients.
have to be able to handle tough life
Switchboard Supervisor (Former Employee), South Attleboro, MAJune 26, 2014
scary from time to time. people who work there are very nice and understanding
Illegal practices
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), South Attleboro, MAMay 28, 2014
Cons: unsafe, poor pay for dangerous job
This hospital is unsafe, nurses get mandated on a daily basis , staff has minimal medical training, most of the patients are drug addicts who abuse the system. You need to be tough as nails to work there.
Mission to assist people with mental illness and/or substance abuse
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee), Attleboro, MAMay 6, 2014
Working as a mental health specialist enables me to be a part of a team with the same mission, which is to assist people with mental illness and/or substance abuse issues identify triggers and learn positive coping skills in order to achieve a more healthy and enjoyable lifestyle. More importantly though, it is my job along with my coworkers to ensure the safety of my patients. Intuition, empathy, and gut instinct are my strong points when caring for individuals but working at Arbour Fuller Hospital has taught me that firm, yet caring consistency is crucial and listening is more important than offering advice...