Arbour Fuller Hospital Employee Reviews

Newest management horrible.
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 17, 2017
Hospital is dirty, no hot water in staff bathrooms. Turn over for staff is so high that a majority of the staff doesn't have any experience. Which make's for a unsafe work environment.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Mandation
Good place for psychology/nursing experience
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 14, 2017
So far I've thoroughly enjoyed my experience working at Arbour-Fuller as a full-time mental health specialist. This is a tough job due to the field. Patients can be extremely difficult. The people I work with are great - we all work as a team and help each other out. You definitely develop a close bond with your co-workers due to the intensity of the job.
Pros
Great staff, interesting field
Cons
Working weekends, difficult patients
challengeing but rewarding
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Attleboro, MAJuly 6, 2017
difficult job at times due to patients, but overall its a fun place because of the coworkers. you have to work together to get through the work day. great job
Room for Growth
Marketing/Business Development (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 30, 2017
I am have worked at Arbour-Fuller Hospital for almost a year. This is by far one of the best positions and places I have worked in. The field itself can be challenging. We have great supports. The management and leadership consistently strive for improvement. This is a fast paced environment. At the end of the day you may be exhausted but the care we provide our patients is second to none. Looking forward to building my career here.
Pros
Staff Engagement, Management, Pay, Retirement Benefits
Cons
Moderate to High Stress Environment
administrative
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  attleboro, maJune 22, 2017
you definitely work hard, but you get rewarded for it. its ridiculous to hear people say "all they want is to fill beds." we treat patients! they need to be in beds for that to happen. Management rounds daily, is available to talk to and many of my colleagues have gotten promoted internally. Nice atmoshphere, good staff and I get a great deal from interacting with patients.
Pros
busy, days pass fast, promotion opportunities
Cons
sometimes crazy busy
A new leadership makes needed changes
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 21, 2017
I have worked at Fuller for several years and have seen many leadership changes. For the first time, they are digging deep to improve processes, while holding staff accountable for delivering safe and therapeutic patient care. Due to the nature of the job, there are days that are busy and stressful, however the rewards of helping individuals in crisis make all the hard work worth it. I feel supported by my manager and see the differences in the care delivered. Patient care is seen as the utmost priority and hospital leaders will not accept anything less from staff..it is interesting to read some of these comments and would bet that they were the staff that were unable to meet the job requirements and are disgruntled that the company will not allow for mediocre performance.
I would recommend Fuller as a great place to work for individuals that are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to make a difference.
I loved working at Arbor – fuller
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 1, 2017
I loved working at Arbor – fuller! I worked here for several years as a case manager. The job offered Great benefits and very competitive pay rates. It seemed that they were always hiring so retention tended to be an issue. But I never wanted to leave… I enjoyed working with the teams on each unit. I thought that the hospital was run very efficiently and that I was able to complete my job with ease.

I recommended several professional peers to work at Arbor and they all had very similar experiences. Honestly, no matter where you go to work there always pros and cons. Arbor definitely has much more pros than cons!

As a case manager I had the opportunity to work under a fantastic supervisor that was very understanding to my schedule with my family. It was a great balance between work and home life that was encouraged.
Pros
Great pay rate, competitive benefits, 401(k) match up to 3%, great team to work with, flexible schedules.
Cons
For-profit hospital. Student Loans to repay, As if he work for a nonprofit, you get student loan forgiveness after 10 years.
Good Manager
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  S Attleboro, MAMay 22, 2017
I really like my current manager. She is knowledgeable and is very understanding of all personalities in the department. She is very thoughtful and tries to lead and the best way possible.
Temporary Job
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMarch 27, 2017
A rotating door for employees. You have to have tough skin to work in this environment. Patients are there for too long and doctors act as they do not care.
Great Company
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMarch 22, 2017
Lack of work for per diem employees. Seems like a revolving door for employees coming and going. I was put in some situations with in the company that made me uncomfortable and were not told to me when applied for position.
The staff working directly with patients are incredible and are working here to make a difference.
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Attleboro, MAMarch 19, 2017
Arbour Fuller Hospital is a psychiatric facility that serves mental health, developmentally disabled, dually diagnosed and substance abuse populations. Many different levels of care allow for treatment of many populations.
Staff are not treated well and patient care is not priority
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJanuary 31, 2017
I was a Case Manager and made it 3 months. I quit! The staff are all new, everyone seems to hate their job no matter what position they are in. There is so much paperwork and you are pressured so hard to get people out as fast as possible. Some of this is because of insurance but not all of it. They take any patient they can get. Staff to client ratio on the adolescent unit is dangerous. The whole place is a mess and disorganized. They write up MHS's constantly and they don't really seem to care who they fire. It's just get them out and hire more new people. Every Case Worker I talked to said they didn't like their job and most were looking for a new job!!! Many say they are going to quit and don't but they are miserable!!!! There is no time for breaks. Your days are so busy and non stop!!! Case managers do tons of paperwork, faxing, and pulling documents out and putting them back in charts. There is rarely time to meet with patients and impossible to meet with patients everyday! The doctors are bogged down with patients and barely have time either. It was just an awful experience. I'm so glad to be out of there. Do not sell yourself short and take this job!! Move on!
Pros
Made a friend
Cons
All of the above..... too many to list again
good place to work for experience in psych
MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAOctober 14, 2016
Arbour fuller hospital has its ups and downs but overall you are there for the patient care. The staff that work there are like a giant family. The patient care consists of therapeutic groups, ADLS, and nutritional assistance.
Pros
staff, patients
Cons
short breaks, acuity of the units
Unsafe, only care about filling beds
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MASeptember 11, 2016
Unfortunately, all management cares about is filling beds and maximizing money. Every unit is understaffed and these increases in numbers mean an unsafe environment for staff and patients as well as very poor treatment. They take any person who wants a bed regardless of whether they are appropriate or not which leads to a further unsafe unit. Many units have multiple codes a day and there have been many injured Staff during codes. Staff are overworked and don't get any breaks (most do not eat lunch or must eat in less than 10 mins, often do not even use the restroom during work hours). The pay is terrible. Case management is very poor as staff must do everything (intakes, treatment plans, updates, referrals for housing, programs, and providers, collateral contacts, mass amounts of paperwork, and run groups). There is literally not enough hours in a day to do everything they want. Due to these changes which were made by a new CEO there have been mass resignations of MHS, RNs, and MDs many of which have been here for years. This new CEO does not budge and is not willing to work with staff to ensure that staff and patients are safe and treatment is of high quality. There will only continue to be mass resignations.
Pros
Coworkers are supportive and care for patients
Cons
Poor pay, unsafe environment, understaffed, overworked
Good place to learn
Intern-Counselor (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 2, 2016
Great trainer, co-workers were also very helpful and supportive. Enjoyed working with the clients. Challenging to motivate clients to change.
dissapointing
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMay 24, 2016
I began my employment here thinking i could help people with their disabilities. i was wrong, and realized this hospital doesn't care about their patients.
Productive Workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  South Attleboro, MAApril 25, 2016
restock supplies , performed kitchen maintenance , dinner preparation for patients , delivered food to patients, dishwashing as well as took out trash .
Great staff, awful place
Nurse (Former Employee) –  S Attleboro, MAOctober 1, 2015
Reviews are true. Mandation is the word of the day. With short staff (scrambling for staff to mandate) and snowstorms imminent, this hospital is still accepting patients. Management will follow you to your car to mandate you, if you are still in the parking lot! You will be promised a unit and be assigned to another at the end of training. But staff are really good; too bad they get lumped in with patients' complaints about the facility, by association. Too bad, because if they could attract more staff, it wouldn't be so bad, but this is the nature of the cycle.
Pros
Dedicated staff, homey, small
Cons
Non-individualized patient programs, mandation, deception
Over all great company to work for.
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MASeptember 3, 2015
They are always hiring new staff and are established. They pay extra for weekends and holidays and work with your schedule. The staff are all friendly and the patients actually enjoy their time at Arbour Fuller.
high burn out job....unsafe work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJanuary 12, 2015
This is a dead end job. Management's only concern is filling the beds. Nurses are used and abused. MHS is put in dangerous and unsafe situations and set up to fail. There are too many out of control patients at any one time on the unit. Patients do not get any therapeutic treatment. Depressed/anxious patients are made worse during their stay because they are treated on the same floors as psychotic/manic/substance abusers.

The direct care staff cares deeply for their patients, but their hands are tied with a "hands off approach" to safety. Unruly patients are allowed to control the units because the policy is to avoid restraints until someone is close to being hurt. There have been many injuries to staff and other patients.
Pros
committed, compassionate co-workers who care about their patients
Cons
unsafe, no security, poorly staffed, lack of therapeutic programs for patients, management only cares about making $$$$