Arbour Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

low pay high workload
Inpatient Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MA 02130March 21, 2016
very dangerous at times however staff are experienced and physicians respond quickly. Emergency mental health assessment are completed on site which allows rapid placement of those in crisis.
Pros
great training
Cons
low pay
Good People to work for and with
RN (Former Employee) –  Boston MaMay 18, 2015
The People are great to work with and work as a team. The company has good benefits and incentives. They encourage growth
Stay away
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJanuary 26, 2015
I have worked here for the better part of 3 years. My coworkers are some are the best people you'll ever meet but there are others who are either too burnt out by terrible pay and stifling management, or whom simply not nice to begin with and have a terrible bedside manner with patients (which, believe me, will impact your shift in some negative way). These people need to find a new profession. Management has gone downhill since I started and you can see it in the amount of orientees who quit within their first month. We have so few resources (pens are a hot commodity) and are consistently understaffed (especially on the kids unit
Pros
some cool staff
Cons
short breaks, disgustingly low pay
Comfortable, family environment
Senior Billing Administator (Former Employee) –  MAOctober 15, 2014
For the most part the atmosphere was stress-free. Most co-workers were friendly towards each other. Management provided for flexible hours as well as days of the week worked.
Pros
my position allowed me to work four days a week and remotely when needed.
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks.
Place is very unprofessional
mental health associate (Current Employee) –  Jamaica PlainJuly 12, 2014
Don't ever work here. CEO, the most incompetent micro manager in history!
Pros
non
Cons
lora ames
Arbour hospital
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAMay 26, 2014
The environment is friendly the staff is kind, the upper management is currently disorganized and the pay is not even close to appropriate for the amount of work the counselors and nurses are required.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
coverage and staffing
volunteer
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2014
i volunteered as a busser server and cook it was a great experience and i liked greeting guest and also i liked my boss i liked working in the kitchen enviornment
Pros
i was greeting newpeople
Cons
i only got paid a dollar a hour
Good facility to work for a new nurse.
Nursing Supervisor - psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2013
This inpatient facility is very busy and crisis intervention is needed on a daily basis. There is a lot of support for co-workers.
great benefits
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MASeptember 9, 2013
have to have great work ethics and strong time management when working in a field of this nature
Oftentimes providing care with limited resources
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 19, 2013
As a Mental Health Associate (MHA), I worked with up to four other MHAs and two nurses to care for an average of 24 psychiatric patients. We collaborated to ensure the safety and well-being of all of our patients.
Fun
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJune 27, 2013
Great place to work if you enjoy helping people get well. People do work together.
All members of the management team needs to be replaced completely.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJuly 27, 2012
One of the worst companies in mass to work, the patients are treated poor, all the management sees is dollar signs. Staff are treated like slaves and the pay stinks.
A welcoming supportive environment
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJune 29, 2012
I am dissapointed that the position at Arbour was ended as I felt welcomed and supported by all and much success had already been achieved.
Don't work here
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAMay 16, 2012
I was hired to work as a Mental Health Worker for overnights mainly in the South 2 wing in 2006. I left after a year due to an injury that lead to be stalked by a patient. I had to struggle with the management to follow doctors orders to be on North 2 or 3 and had a panic attack when I was forced to go back to South 2 and deal with the patient that was stalking me.

I was 1 of maybe 3 MHW that had a college degree and most of my colleagues didn't have any training beyond high school. It made it be a very aggressive environment to work in.

Most of the male workers were there just for a pay check. This was one of their many jobs, and because of that, they didn't care about the patients' needs or well being.

I have always told people to send loved ones to McLean's and not here since the place is soul crushing and destructive.
Pros
free aweful food
Cons
read above.

2.7