Arby's Roast Beef

Arby's Roast Beef United States Employee Reviews

Good people but not long term friendly
Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: every day was different
Cons: low wages
The job was very fast paced and every day had something new. Be it the customers, items, or attitudes. While the crew was close, there was strain between the management. This could lead to stressful work days. There was a limit to who and when you could move up the job scale.
Great place to work. Fun atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Muncie, INFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch. management
Cons: other than smelling like roast beef, no cons here
I had a great time working at Arby's. They really take care of their employees. My management at the store that I worked at was the best manager I have ever had.
being a shift manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAJanuary 6, 2015
I left since I was starting to be mistreated, got my hours reduced when I was one of the best and had the longest tenure working there, left due to problems with upper management
It was Fast Food!
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Columbia City, INSeptember 23, 2014
Go to work do your job and go home. I learned all aspects of working in fast food and dealing with money. The management was great at first but toward the end of my employment the management went down hill. The hardest part of the job was working with some of the co-workers. The most enjoyable part was closing.
Fast food restauraunt
Shift Manager (Former Employee), enfield, ctSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: not enough hours
Worked with the public on a daily basis. Had to deal with complaints, cleaning the store and over seeing my crew. Everyone became family and it was a good environment to be in.
Fast Pace Job.
Back Line Cook (Current Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: discount when on clock.
Cons: no healthcare insurance.
Making all sandwiches that are ordered at front counter and drive-thru. Learning what is needed to open for business. Everyone doing what is necessary to get orders out fast.
Simple Job with Potential
Crew Member (Current Employee), Altus, OKAugust 15, 2014
Arby's has been my employer since April 2010. The pay and hours have been mostly steady. Daily work includes primarily taking orders from customers inside and interacting with them to provide a good experience. Other positions are backline, on which I prepare sandwiches and the other main foods for purchase, fryer on which I deep fry the side orders and help expedite food to customers, and drive-thru, which I would take orders on over a headset, handle the payment for the order, and prepare/hand out the order. Management varies from hands on and helpful to completely uninvolved. For the most part though, managers as well as coworkers operate as a team and take care of business the way we are expected. Sometimes a large rush of orders will come and those are always difficult but we keep our heads together and prepare everything in an orderly and timely fashion. The best times at Arby's are when everyone works together and everything is kept running great.
Terrible
Team Member (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2014
Arby's was a terrible place to work at.Everybody I worked with disrespected each other,management was no better.Overall just a terrible experience.
It was my first job
Team Leader - Customer service (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 14, 2014
I loved my co workers. I wish I could still be with them. Taught me how to work in a fast pace environment.
Usually a fun place to work, structured, meeting a lot of different people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJuly 12, 2014
Pros: loving family atmosphere, always work to do, can usually get all the hours you wanted
Cons: pay was not great, long hard hours, physically demanding
A typical day at work is hard to describe because all kinds of things can happen. Your day would be very busy usually, especially during rushes like lunch, when school gets out and dinner. There is a lot of paperwork and counting that has to be done every hour. You have to help the crew get the orders out fast and if someone calls in then you have to work that position if you can't get someone to come in. A lot of cleaning, restocking, taking inventory and money to be handled, and you have to do all this while training crew members and making sure you don't go over labor. I learned so much in this job it would be impossible to explain. Usually I get along with everyone so I didn't have problems with my co-workers, we all got grouchy sometimes but we always loved each other, it really is like a big family. The hardest part was the physical and emotional stress. Managers had to work anywhere from 45 to 60 hours and we were always sore and tired. Trying to be a manager, councilor, take care of angry customers and get all your work done before its time to go home was a lot to do some days. The most enjoyable part is becoming so close to the other managers and crew, also getting to meet all kind of people.
Work
Team Trainer (Former Employee), Bessemer, ALJuly 3, 2014
Everything was great until they changed management. the Co-workers make work fun and interesting. I learned how to train people very fast.
Just that management needs to crack down on employees who do their job wrong every day.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Lovell Road Knoxville, TNJune 24, 2014
I go into work and typically work slicer. The position consists of cutting roast beef on a automatic slicer and making every sandwich that comes in an order. I am considered the "quarter back" of the team and have to communicate with every team member to make sure the food goes out fast and hot.

The hardest part about my job I would have to say is when we are short people I will work two different positions at the same time.
Great place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee), Highland, INJune 2, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: store was very old
Older store that needed a lot of work. Lots of great employees
Fun work and friendly co-workers
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee), Arvada, COMay 19, 2014
Pros: half price lunches
Cons: no benefits, low pay for long hours
My time at Arby's was typically a six hour day starting with prep work of roasting the beef making salads, fries and potato cakes. running the register doing dishes and keeping up on the roast beef. Occasionally I would work the slicer and make sandwiches. Often I was front counter or Drive thru. If closing I had to break down our shake machine and wash and put back together. The hardest part of the job was the two weeks straight of sixteen hour days.
Good experience
Shift Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIMay 8, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: closed down
Helped me with growth and customer service skills. Had a fun motivational work enviroment.
Arby's Crew Lead
Trainer/Crew (Former Employee), Greenfield, WIApril 2, 2014
Handled all times and quality of food that was distributed.
Kept co-workers focused on assigned responsibilities including change overs, dishes, and cleaning rotations. Trained new crew to confidently and thoroughly complete assigned tasks. Worked with others team members to complete larger maintenance projects within the restaurants
Hard work for pitty pay would not go back
Manager (Former Employee), Enid, OKMarch 29, 2014
lazy crew half good half don't care management poor pay you work your butt off for nothing and corporate doesn't care do not apply
Easy money.
Opening Prep/ Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKMarch 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: not enough pay or hours
Easy money but doesnt pay well to support a family. I liked the management team and the advancement opportunities. but takes to long to get moved up.
fun work place and be serious when its time to work.
Employee (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAMarch 14, 2014
i do my job and do the best that i can every day. Over the years working here i have grown to meet new people and some i still communicate with even though they are no longer with the company. I really wouldnt say there is much of a hard part to this job, except when there is multiple orders and longs orders and more then one of them, it can be overwelming only because you are trying to move as quickly as you can, so your customers are not waiting so long for their food. The most i enjoy is working with my employee's and ones that we can get along so well.
Fast food is hard work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Few realize how intense restaurant work can be unless they have been there. The first employee starts at 6 AM and the last may leave between midnight and 2 AM. Food rush can last two or three hours with no time for rest.
I liked Arby's since the products were generally more wholesome than your average hamburger. This also kept the work environment less greasy overall.
The store I was at appreciated me and I thought I might become Manager at one point, but instead I returned to College to finish a degree.

1 2 3