Arby's Employee Reviews

Found 3,172 reviews matching the search
Very poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OH 44663September 19, 2016
I knew how to do everything from cleaning down to counting money down to close down the store. Management was very poor and didn't care about cleanliness and meeting the daily guidelines that we did. A lot of employees got away with stealing money, and multiple call offs. I would open the store by myself and start taking orders because their was a co worker that was a no call no show. I removed myself from this business for better opportunities.
Pros
i liked my position
Cons
management
Not very good place to work.
All around worker (Current Employee) –  Minocqua, WISeptember 23, 2016
They under hire in the summer. So amazing summer hours, but too stressful. They over hire in the winter, I went from 38 hours a week to 15. You will never get your 90 day raise here and most like won't get more then one raise while you work here. The scheduling is not as flexible as they say. In other words, the other employees are a blast to work with most the time but if your looking at paying your rent the hours are in no way reliable...
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Terrible hours and more
Challenging and fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 8, 2016
As my first time as a Store Manager, I found it challenging. I learned so much and enjoyed the team and customers. It was exciting to see the team grow as one; I would have to say, they were my favorite part of working here. The owner was a little challenging because as a franchise owner, she really had to think numbers. We bumped heads from time to time because I looked at everything as a corporation. But, we were a great team. Together, we got involved with the community by offering lunch program and spirit days where schools could get involved with raising money for items they needed.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Poor team appreciation
stressful place to work
shift manager (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLSeptember 25, 2016
What I learned here is a lot I learned more than I could think of. I learned so many different things from so many people here it was amazing. It was a struggle here sometime I had to work 15 hour days cause we only had two managers and I was one of them. I did a lot for this company. I was able to get extra classes to help build up in the company which I greatly appreciated it. We did not have many co-workers here at the location so I it did suck if someone called off cause I could be running front counter along with the back line. I loved my job here until it became to much stress.
Pros
freelunch
Cons
no breaks
Pretty good
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 5, 2016
A typical day at Arby's as a team trainer includes preparing food for customers, both before and after opening. Serving guests, working drive thru, cleaning the lobby. I learned the skills of teaching employees how to perform tasks. The management's attitudes when I was there were descent. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being short staffed and performing multiple tasks on top of tasks that were already required. The best part of the job was talking to people all day long.
A company with great values
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALAugust 26, 2016
Arby's has 6 Values: Dream Big, Work Hard, Play Fair, Make a Difference, Have Fun, and Get It Done. As a manager on this team, we live these values daily. We promote from within whenever possible, giving our team an opportunity to grow within our company. We try to make a difference in the community and we teach about goal settings. The Arby's Values are important to me and is something that I will always take with me.
Pros
Great Bonus Program
Cons
Low pay makes it hard to find quality team members
All about people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 5, 2016
If you want to be appreciated this is the place to work. They have core values they actually believe in and follow. I worked here for 5 years and I wish I had never left. They actually care about their people not just the customers. Feedback is given and they help you to improve yourself. Obviously some experiences are different depending on your location but I have worked at multiple locations and had a wonderful time at almost all of them. Arbys is very clean and upholds their standards, they go above and beyond.
Pros
fun work enviornment
Fun and interactive place to get the job done
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day is opening, stocking for the day and preparing everything need. I learned there how to balance between more than two different tasks. Management at times could be a little hectic, but overall they got the job done enough to run the place smoothly. Some co-workers were good and others not so much. Hardest part would have to be under staffed and have to work between two or more different positions and do it in a quick amount of time. Most enjoyable part would be just being on the job and interacted with everybody.
Pros
Free lunch, simple job
Cons
Low Pay, not a career job, not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Back (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 15, 2016
Arby's was a very enjoyable company to work with in many ways. I never dreaded having to go into work because everyone got along and there was never a negative feeling when I walked in. The managers were very kind and did all they could do to help us achieve the goals we wished to reach. They taught us everything from prep to cleaning to working with the customers. There weren't very many problems with the customers and I always had a smile on my face. If there was ever any problems the managers took action to get the problem resolved. Arby's was always like my second home.
Pros
Free lunch, positive workplace/workers
Unprofessional behavior displayed by management and other employees
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 27, 2016
One of the managers was very unprofessional to say the least after getting hired I quickly realized that if I wasn't a part of her circle of friends who sat around work gossiping about other employees and the dramas of their lives that I wasn't going to be treated with respect and dignity that all employees should receive simply for the fact that we are human when I am at work that is what I do I work I do not wish to gossip and create high school drama I did not work at arbys for very long at all it was just not a goof fit for me emotionally, mentally or financially
Pros
Good food and employee discount
Cons
Low pay unprofessional working conditions
One mans trash is anothers treasure
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2016
I absolutley loved working for this company. A typical day would include separating the wares and textiles that would be placed on the floor for selling points as well as pricing them. I personally also had to delegate tasks to about 10-15 employees daily. What Ive learned from this job is mainly how to multi-task to my best potential. The co -workers and management was pretty acceptional. The hardest part about this job is getting big and/or large donations. The most enjoyable part is going though old things that someone did not want and finding the value in them.
Pros
Employee outtings, benefits, work hours
Cons
short breaks
fun and stressful environment to work
Certified Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 9, 2016
Food is good just to many changes in menu for mgr and crew. Very stressful for employees. Locations stay open to late for management to have a home life. There isn't enough managers or crew members to run shifts. The best thing about the job is the relationships you build with the crew you spend so much time with. The hardest thing is all the hours you have to put in.
Pros
1 free meal a shift
Cons
long shifts, late closes
Great place for student workers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYAugust 10, 2016
They rotated job positions every day, and had different hours every week and could schedule around your needs. I learned a lot the three years I was there, including that it should be noticeable to the people around you when you really love your job. And I had been compliment many times for having a positive attitude by customers when I would keep the lobby clean. Those remarks made my day and is what started me always wanting to be better at my job.
You get to know a lot of customers, and can also meet a lot of co-workers that may or may not stay for long which is why I consider it highly cultural experience to work for Arby's.
Pros
Its a great student job.
Cons
It can be dominated by an older crowd of wokers.
Very fast-pace, fun-loving resteraunt with great staff and also great customers!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Azle, TXSeptember 22, 2016
I loved working at Arby's, the staff at Arby's are great people, who really do care primarily on their customers! I couldn't have had a better experience there. The food never gets old which makes for a delicious meal every time you sit down to eat there.
Pros
The food was extraordinarily good with a wide variety of different types to choose from.
Cons
Didnt stay open long enough.
I worked the drive thru.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKAugust 24, 2016
I started working the drive thru. It was a little difficult in the beginning from all the screens you have to change to, to take all the orders. Once I got the hang of it, it became easier. I mainly would take the money and work the cash register. I would take turns with the other employee and take the orders. Part of working drive thru, I had to go back and wash dishes in between orders.
Pros
Worked with a great team.
Cons
I cannot think of any at this time.
I like to say Arbys is the marines of fast food.
Shift Manager, Crew (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILSeptember 5, 2016
The culture, Training and stability of arbys is phenomenal. I have spent many years of my life with this company and have to say dont regret a second the skills i obtained from my time with the many avenues of the brand have lead me into the business leader i am today. with core culture fundamentals and the idealism of creating business leaders this is one of the best company's i had to give my life to.
Fun and Education enviorment
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 12, 2016
I enjoyed working for Kats Kid Care. I got to work with all age groups from new born to age 6 and up. The children had a learning session everyday. They were taught, shapes, colors, objects names, and even Spanish. Most of the two year old could point at the object you were talking about even if it was in Spanish. It was an awesome experience, and even to this day, I still get to see some of the children I once knew as infant who are now teenagers.
Arby's
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  N Richland Hills, TXAugust 15, 2016
A typical day at Arby's was taking orders, Drive Thru, keeping the store clean, and restocking. I learned how to handle money as well as dealing with different types of people. Management was okay. My co-workers were all very different and some had really good skills. The hardest part about the job was dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was Drive-Thru. I truly enjoyed it. It was fast pace and time felt like it flew.
A very fun, upbeat company to work for
cashier/shift manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 12, 2016
Arby's was always a very fun and busy fast food chain to work for. There was definitely no discrimination to employees. A variety of nationalities were employed there, and ages ranging from 16 to 85. Everyone worked together as a team. Always new products being introduced to the restaurant. Most of them becoming a successful sale!
Pros
At the time of employment, free meals and accomdating schedules
Cons
healthcare
Fun and Fast-paced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHAugust 2, 2016
When I came in to work I report to the shift manager to get my position for the night. I was next in line for a manager position but I found a better job. My managers were also on top of things and gave great advice and help when needed. My co-workers were hard working and came to me if they needed help. The hardest part was when you got a staff that didn't want to do anything that night. It got frustrating because I couldn't do much when I was pregnant. The best part was spending time with the best managers.
Pros
free lunch

2.8