Arby's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,068 reviews matching the search
Average
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIJuly 25, 2016
The co workers were nice. The management was okay. The higher up wasn't my favorite. They didn't want to offer benefits so they knocked me down to under 28 hours a week. Not cool.
Slow Advancment
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIJuly 25, 2016
A regular day at work was interesting, with dealing with the public. I worked on the register, on the line, and in the drive through. I helped recommend customers to try new things based on their preferences. I'd say the hardest part of the job was advancement opportunities.
I enjoyed working with the friendly staff and managers.
front line / back line closers (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEJuly 24, 2016
I enjoyed working with all the staff including the managers and trainers. The schedulers most of the time worked with my schedule so I could take college classes. I liked the 1/2 price meals for myself and my family when they came in. I would consider working for Arbys again if I needed to.
A fun pass the time job with benefits
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 22, 2016
I would get there and put on my hat and Apron and check in with the last 4 digits of my Social Security Number. I learned that with preparing and handling food comes great need to be in a clean and well organized environment. Co-workers were fun people, but got down to business when it was time. The hardest part of the job was the end of shift stocking. Most enjoyable part was the co-workers.
Pros
Free meal for each work cycle
Cons
Repetative
Fast paced and continuous, rather decent place to work despite some inner turmoil
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 22, 2016
Currently going through management issues, management transferring and managers in training preparing to start. Communication is a little rocky between employees and management, but it is gradually getting better. Overall nice place to work despite the miscommunications between everyone occasionally.
Pros
Half off discount on meals, on and off the clock
prodcutive
team memeber (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2016
awesome co-workers but environment lacks energy. management can do a better job with inventory and labor hours. should make sure the business is functioning correctly and is missing nothing.
Friendly and Fast Work Environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 21, 2016
Co-workers and superiors are generally easy to get along and work with. A typical day at work requires some sort of cleaning, preparing food, taking orders, and serving customers. Its very enjoyable to help others and treat them like humans, instead of another name/number on the order taker. The hardest part is definitely closing, where the hours draw on and there's a flurry of chicken orders (when you want to clean the fry station). I've learned many things here such as some customers never being satisfied, how to operate a cash register, cleaning up bathrooms and lobbies, and how to use a fryer.
Pros
Half off all menu items except value, friendly staff and management, flexible hours, can be paired with other jobs
Cons
Short breaks if any, customer is always right, no benefits or compensation
Productive and great starter job
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 19, 2016
Everyone is happy throughout their shift. We have regular customers that we all know by name and their orders. There is never a dull day in the store. Cleaning is easy and thanks to the upgrade on the store, everything is new and efficient. It's hard not to make any friends with everyone that works at the store. The hardest part of the job is being understaffed when it comes to the late night rush. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have friendly competitions throughout the day.
Pros
Discounts during happy hour
Cons
Sometimes feel unappreciated when you go up and beyond
Amazing first job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Wylie, TXJuly 19, 2016
Everyday is pretty fun and exciting at Arbys. I learned so much in general just working here. The best part of my job is working with all different types of people.
Greeting family members and serving guess
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2016
Worked in a team environment with individuals that was willing to help train new hires. Learn new skills weekly and meet new people daily. great team to work with.
good learning experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 18, 2016
A typical day was taking customers orders, handling money, and cleaning. I was able to work with awesome co-workers and managers which allowed for me to gain skills that I will be able to apply to every day life. The hardest part of my job was the training as it took me a little bit of time to get used to how everything worked, but I took every mistake and turned it into a learning lesson that I could use while working later on. The most enjoyable part was having such a close group of co-workers which later on became my friends.
Pros
Free meals, nice management and crew members
Cons
Not enough pay nor hours
Fast-paced, welcoming environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Latrobe, PAJuly 16, 2016
I have worked at Arby's for over a year. Management is extremely helpful. There is a huge emphasis on customer service, and it is gratifying to put your customer's first. At Arby's I have learned to work in all positions including cashier, backline cook, fryer, dishwasher, and drive-thru order taker. Cleanliness is next to godliness at Arby's; you will be vacuuming, deck-scrubbing floors, and cleaning bathrooms as well. It's hard work but the cheery environment makes it enjoyable.
Pros
Half-off discount on food, welcoming environment, flexible shifts, promotion and wage-increase possibility
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJuly 16, 2016
I've worked here since I was 15, my first job, and still come and work for them when they need help because most of the people there are my family.
Driven and very serious work environment at times
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Savage, MNJuly 15, 2016
A typical day at work here is very fast paced despite it not being one of the busier stores. As the opener I would come in at or before 8 am to start the food prep and the like and I wouldn't stop until around 10 am. Around 10 the manager and any employees that were working would go on break to get something to eat which was really nice of the managers to let us do since that is not a standard Arby's thing, of course though we would have to get up and help guests if some came in. After the break we would get up and just start going about our duties, preforming our various roles to help complete a customer's order until it was time to leave. This was a very good first job to have because the co-workers and management were nice most of the time and they would do their best to give you any day off that you wanted although that didn't really happen for me. The hardest part of my job really was the prep work, getting all the food prep done in two hours by myself was a definite challenge some days. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing a happy customer with a smile on their face as they enjoyed something that I made.
Pros
free food, nice co-workers, vacation any time
ok job but not given what i was promised
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VAJuly 15, 2016
the job itself was not really that hard it was just the same ole thing day in and day out was not advanced as i was promised it was cruddy hours
Good Experience
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Eaton, OHJuly 15, 2016
Great way to learn customer service and the basics of working a job taught me a lot and got me through my high school career.
Pros
half off a meal
Nice people
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2016
A typical day started out with me coming in at 2:00pm to begin my shift. Some days I would open because I know how to open and close the store but I was a closer the majority of the time. I would come in and be given a spot to be at for the night such as back-line,front-line or drive thru. Through out the night I would stock,clean, make food, and take care of customers. Since I was so good at my job my manger often didn't have to worry because she knew I would get everything done. Some nights it was hard because I felt like I was doing everything but I never complained. My night would end at around 12am after the store was all cleaned and everything was restocked for tomorrow. I do understand that I've only had one place of employment but that was due to me being there for two years. I was offered a management position. However, I couldn't be a full-time student and a full-time manager at the same time
It was a Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJuly 14, 2016
I worked in a high volume store, but did not care for the fast food business have to rely on young kids as employees to much to make the job not a serious challenge
Productive and fun work place
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIJuly 14, 2016
Fun and enjoyable work place with nice coworkers. A nice environment with flexible hours and work times. It was fast paced and i loved going to work everday
fun work environment for high school students
fast food (Former Employee) –  Richwood, KYJuly 14, 2016
always put your customers first and stay busy. if no customers then you should be cleaning and stocking to keep the day easier and quicker for you and to keep the store looking nice for the customers. learn how to multitask, bite your tongue, and time management.

2.8