Arby's Employee Reviews

Found 3,672 reviews matching the search
If it's a summer job or first job, go for it
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MENovember 27, 2016
In the time I was here, I really didn't enjoy it. The people I worked with weren't all that bad. The one thing I hated the most was having to do what seemed like other peoples work. I had to line the trays, sweep the entire dining room area and bathrooms, and sometimes mop. I don't recall that being in the job description for a cashier, maybe it was. It just seemed like every night when I was closing, it was always me doing what felt like everything while everyone else played around out back.
Pros
Paycheck, first bob experience
Cons
Minimum wage, the store in general
Fast paced, always busy, fun.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 1, 2016
I worked for Arby's for almost 20 years. Started as crew worked my way up to an assistant manager. I loved the job. We had some management conflicts that were in need of attention but always got swept under the carpet by the Area Supervisors. Witch we had a new one every 2 years... I guess if you rub elbows with the right people in the company you can do as you please. So with that being said I had enough and had to leave.
Pros
great company
Cons
general managers need to be held accountable for their behavior
nice place to work.
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2016
A typical day at Arby's would be coming in at 7 in the morning to start management work for the day. Or I would come in at 2:30pm or 3pm to get ready to take over for the day shift manager. I have learned how to be patience with customers as well as employees. I have learned how to take charge and not to be afraid to take charge. For the most part my co-workers was cool to work with. The hardest part of the job was actually taking the position of being a manager. I never had to actually tell people what to do or keep people on task. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the employees and customers I was able to build a connection with.
Pros
free lunch and 50% off orders when off the clock
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced and busy
Backline Cook (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNNovember 18, 2016
I worked here for a month. I only worked 3 days for only 3 to 4 hours. It was an ok experience for me. The manager was rude at times. The the assistant manager was disrespectful. For anyone looking for a job go to a job where you would get trained the right way, managers respect you and teach you the right way. My first experience on a rate from 1 to 10... I rate -5. If you decide to work at Arby's. Good luck.
Pros
Making the customers smile
Cons
Not days and hours. Didnt get trained at all.
It was fast paced
Arby's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Athens, PANovember 24, 2016
A typical day was moving quickly at all times to keep the customers happy.

I learned how to deck mop the floors in the dinning room.

She was delightful to have around, she made the day brighter when she was there.

All the co-workers were good to have around when it comes to having things being quickly done and the right way to keep the customers happy.

The hardest part of the job was when we did not have enough workers to make sure that the dinning area stayed cleaned while having to get out all the orders.

When we got good reports about our jobs with keeping things in order and all the customers gave good word to the review people.
Pros
I was always able to stay busy
Cons
I do not recall any cons for this job
Not a happy place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILNovember 25, 2016
Employee's were stealing cash and food products. I had learned a lot but the people that trained me wouldn't let me do hands on cause I took forever and they guessed the weights of food. The general manager is rude, disrespectful, does drugs on the property, she tries to take her employees home and if you say no she treats you different. An it's unfair how they treat people. Most employees go to the dumpster to do drugs or in the cooler seen it with my own eyes! Very bad situation there! An there's no camera's so that's not a good thing cause you can't see what they're doing
Pros
Helping customer's
Cons
Rudeness, Cussing, Argueing, Stealing and drugs
Productive and subtle workplace, flexible hours , multiple position advancement opportunities
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WINovember 27, 2016
Arbys offers an ample amount of flexibility with hours and multiple opportunities to advance. Along with benefits for their employees and understanding mentalities toward employee personal life, they provide care and respect for their employees and most surely for their customers.
Pros
Free lunches, employee discounts, Healthcare benefits
Cons
Slow days call for shorter shifts, pay is reasonable mainly for teenagers without bills
Fun place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 1, 2016
A typical work day is fast pace. I learned that you can not be slow and that getting an order wrong is not in your best interest. My managers are kind and understanding. My co-workers are fun and very supportive. The hardest part of the job is the rushes we get from time to time. But the best part of my job is being able to make the customers smile when they have had a bad day. To provide them with a great smile and getting personal asking "how is your day going?".
Pros
Making customers happy
Cons
rushes
decision making skills, management and my growth with the company.
Shift Manager/ Team trainer (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLNovember 8, 2016
The most enjoyable part about my time at Arby's is everything I have learned, the fact the let me become one of their managers and team trainers. The hardest part is the bond i formed with my co-workers but I am looking for different opportunities. Usually a typical day at work would be the team making a contest on who could get the best drive-thru time or working on detailing the store when were not busy; meanwhile providing the best customer service possible!
Pros
Received my ServSafe, awesome coworkers, great learning experience!
Cons
heath care, limited breaks, limited raises.
fast paced work environment with lots of opportunity to grow within the company.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NYNovember 3, 2016
A typical day at work includes, filling orders quickly and accurately. I learned how to time manage, delegate crew, & gain better communication skills. I really enjoy working with the my co-workers. No drama and everyone has a positive mental attitude. The hardest part of the job is not getting frustrated when Speed Of Service is suffering and you have to compensate and keep customers happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers smiling faces when they get their food.
Pros
free meals, friendly customers, fast paced enviromnent
Cons
customer complaints
Fundamental job experience
Fry cook (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 2, 2016
Working at Arby's was just like any other fast food service job. I would come in a help set up the kitchen for the day. I would help run the food out to the front for orders, and even take the orders at the register. Everyone I worked with except for the manager was pleasant and tried to make the job as enjoyable as possible while getting everything done and working as a team. The hardest part of the job was trying to work with the manager there at the time.
Pros
free lunch or small drinks
Cons
Lack of hours, management
Fun work place, fair and caring manager, low wages, inconsistent schedule.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NENovember 4, 2016
Lots of high school and college age employees, which was good because it made things fun, but on the other hand there is the lack of maturity and initiative. Good general manager, she was always fair, respectful, and appreciative, but at the same time authoritative enough to run a good shift and store. Going back and forth between day and night shift was a little rough. The boss did always try to make sure that nobody ended up working all weekend, especially two weeks in a row. She did her best to accommodate everyone's schedule. The 50% employee discount is really nice, especially since you and your immediate family receive it.
great placd to work at
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCNovember 4, 2016
I started out as a crew member and worked up to shift manager. I learned that a difficult customer could become a satisfied customer and I also found out that I really enjoyed working with the public. The management was very helpful in all ways. My co-workers all had the respect of one another. The most difficult task was when I had to reprimand an employee for their errors. However, I could then show them on how to improve themselves. The best part was we all learned to be a team.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no healthcare benefits
Enjoyable place to work
Assistant Manager /General Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAOctober 26, 2016
Working at Arby's has been a true experience for me. Starting as an assistant manager and moving up to general manager, I have learned a lot. I was responsible for hiring and training new employees as well as shift managers and assistant managers. Completing inventory on nightly, weekly and monthly basis was sometimes a challenge, but taught me how to persevere. Working with the public was truly an amazing experience as I am a people person.
Pros
Free meals, I made my own schedule
Cons
Many times having to work through breaks; 10 hour shifts
Great place to work.
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 8, 2016
I have been very fortunate to work with and for a great group of people. In all, I have with the brand for 16 years. During that time, I have come to work with a lot of very talented individuals that run some great restaurants. The job like any other has its challenges. As long as you set yourself up for success by always hiring, retaining, and developing talent, you will be successful.
Pros
Co-workers, Outstanding Brand, Great Compensation
Cons
N/A
Busy and fun place to work with advancement opportunities!
SHIFT-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 2, 2016
I worked for Arby's for a little over four years, and it was a great experience! I had the opportunity to work all shifts, but did mostly closes. Management was great, they were understanding of schedule changes while still being able to give according hours. There was excellent communication up and down the board, and praise recognition paired with positive reinforcement where we needed to improve! I was privileged to attend the shift manager picnics, they held these for assistants and general managers as well. It was a day where we were actually paid to drive to a picnic lunch where we played games and ate and talked about how awesome arby's was. What other company you know does that?!
Its work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GANovember 22, 2016
Great for a first job as long as you can keep up during the rush hours. Working at Arby's, depending on the location can be pretty inconsistent, but that is something to expect in a fast food restaurant.

I was very happy with my management team members as they were kind, and sometimes brutally honest, but they really got into the work and helped out wherever they could.
Pros
Depending on your store, you can sometimes get free food.
Cons
It can get extremely busy
Very fun environment and co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 22, 2016
Clock in, find out where the manager wanted me for the night; either making food or front counter cashier or running drive thru. I learned a lot about time management, how to deal with sometimes otherwise hateful customers and how to make multiple types of sandwhiches. I loved the management that I had while I worked there. They were very laid back and allowed us to learn at our own pace. Hardest part of the job was when we had unhappy customers. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be my co-workers. We made a lot of good memories and I met my best friend.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
the angry customers
An easy job for more of an inbetween jobs situation.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHNovember 14, 2016
A typical day at arbys is difficult because everyone there expects the new person to do EVERYTHING. Management is nice but don't fulfill promises. The hardest part of the job is being expected to do everything when it should be team work. The easiest part would be taking money at the drive through. I didn't really learn anything from this job.
Pros
Some locations have free lunches
Cons
Unfulfilled promises.
Arby's has flexible hours but overall job is stressful
Crew Member/Backline (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 16, 2016
Arby's worked well with my college school schedule and the particular store manager I worked for was good. However, it is an extremely stressful environment and employees did not seem to have a teamwork mentality. Arby's generally does not give overtime unless they have no other choice. Arby's does not pay well and they tend to keep employees under full time hours so they don't have to cover benefits. Overall Arby's may be a good starting job for high school students but would not recommend for full-time positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arby's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8