Arby's Employee Reviews

Found 3,177 reviews matching the search
Organized and unstable
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Natomas, CAJanuary 12, 2016
A typical fast food job. We were usually short staffed so I would work many positions at once. I learned how to use a cash register, up sale, and I also improved my customer service skills. There was no management and no proper training. The owners communicated with their employees typically via text message or phone call. There was lots of diversity through out their employees but majority were young adults. Employees seem to have more confrontation than usual in my opinion. The hardest part of my job was working multiple positions because an employee failed to show up to their shift.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No discounted meals, no praising, no bonuses, no motivation, and no benefits.
Not a great place to work
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAMarch 22, 2016
Everyday you would have to stay late. Don't give raises like they're supposed to. Very unorganized. The training is never done. Worked there 3 months and still hadnt been trained on all positions like i was supposed to be.
Pros
free food
Cons
staying late always, no pay raises, unorganized management
Great atmosphere if you are just getting a job.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAMarch 17, 2016
This job I think was intended to better suit people who are still in school because the only time you will get a raise is after a year which is normal but there isn't a review of any sort throughout that year. If you are looking for a job to kick start you then this is the job for you.
Pros
free meal every time you work.
Cons
No benefits
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IADecember 8, 2015
I was hired to come in, train for a few months, and then they were going to promote me to be the unit director. I completed two months of training at another store, and they cut that short to get me into my store quicker. Once there, the unit director barely showed me anything, then when she didn't get her promotion, she quit and then my training stopped completely (not that they were showing me much of anything to begin with). They then told me, when I asked, that I "wasn't ready" and so they brought in another person to manage the store, effectively backing out of their promises. I had left another job that paid better and had better benefits to come here, because the promise of advancement was so much hirer. They basically flat-out lied to me, so I quit on the spot. Speaking of benefits, they're great....IF you don't mind forking over 3/4 or more of your paycheck for them.
Pros
Free food while working, discounts for family
Cons
Insane hours, no family life, lying culture
Customer orientated, great staff, works like a well oiled machine
Team Trainer (Current Employee) –  New Milford, CTMarch 13, 2016
Arby's is a fantastic friendly environment to work. Coworkers treat you as family and management values their employees. Many times have I seen a manager stick his or her neck out to protect their employees.
Pros
50% discount on food, benefits
Arby's
Crew (Current Employee) –  Flat Rock, MIJanuary 13, 2016
I did get to use my previous work experience here and they tried to work around my non-work schedule, but that was the end of the positive experiences. I was due for a raise two months and even reminded the store manager but never received it. The management is also extremely gossipy and are more content to stand around and talk about other workers than to actually work.
Great place to work. Everything was in order when it needed to be.
CSR/Crew Trainer/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCOctober 10, 2015
This is a good experience here. Very fast paced, GM knew how to run the store and treat his employees fair and good. There was always something to do to stay busy here and not be bored. The co-workers were great to work with just wish the job would've done drug testing at the time being because we had a lot of people that were using drugs after dark on property. But other than that if manager found out about those people he had them fired right away and new person in there by next couple days. I would recommend this job to people as long as there's a great set of management there that know how to run the restaurant right.
Pros
very happy environment to be and always busy enough to not be bored
Cons
Pay wasnt the greatest when i became a crew trainer. I was there for three in a half years, as i worked morning and night. I never got a raise at all.
Fast Paced, Great food.
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagle River, AKMarch 11, 2016
Awesome place to work with a great option for lunch or dinner. Could never get sick of this food. Alaska branches are probably a completely different experience to the states though...
Pros
Good tasting food
Cons
No benefits besides free lunch.
Productive Place to Work
Hourly Manager (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Arby's is a wonderful place to work for, especially if you love working in the fast food restaurants. I received my initial management training here and they did a wonderful job. My co-workers were a joy to work with.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No benefits for hourly managers
Long hours , no respect
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 2, 2016
Burger king was my very first job. From the time I was hired, I was never trained. The manager just threw me in Drive-thru and told me this was how everyone learned. Thank goodness I was a fast learner. After I got the hang of it, it went pretty smooth except the fact that I was working 12+ hour days with a 8month old baby at home. After about three months its started getting tiring and after speaking with management I was told my hours would be changed from 3-1am to 2-10pm. It took them 2 1/2 months to do that. We had a careless general manager. on top of it all the AC unit in the store broke in the middle of summer and was never fixed. With me having health problems I had to make a choice to quit.
Pros
Half off lunches, long breaks
Cons
rude managers long hours for less pay
Fluid Machine
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Snohomish, WASeptember 2, 2015
Arby's was a great place to work. On an average shift, the crew of the evening, usually only 4 or 5, moved and behaved like a fluid machine. We understood what each other strengths/ weaknesses were and compensated for each other. We understood we were there to work and not to goof around. I find this necessary to say because you must understand the crew. We all became good friends, outside of work, and still, sometime 15 of us, communicate on a regular basis. But when we were there we worked, took pride in our work, took pride in Arby's. It was OUR work, OUR crew, OUR Arby's, OUR customers, OUR responsibility. Until I began working at Target, I thought this was more common. Now I know what a rare jem that was.
Pros
great overall crew work ethic, understanding management, friendly work environment
Cons
A raise would have been nice but pay wasn't bad
Hard Work With Little Pay Off
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLOctober 14, 2015
Arby's is a great restaurant. The food is great. The customers are loyal. I loved working at a place where the customers love the food and the service so they keep coming back! However, the company is a mess. I had a total of 3 managers in 2 1/2 years. The last manager did not know how to run the store. She asked us questions about the restaurant that we should have been able to come to her and ask her. She was always ill prepared for inspections and visits and we always had to pay for it. To make it even better in those 2 1/2 years I've gotten 2 raises for $0.10 each. For the amount of work you do, and the things you have to put up with there, that is an insult. Fortunately, at my location, the team got along really well and knew how to work together to get things done. With and without the manager. There weren't any incentives that I could remember. They didn't even consistently choose an employee of the month. A little appreciation would have definitely been nice.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Small and inconsistent raises, Poorly trained managers, No employee appreciation
Great management
Team Leader / Assistant Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 5, 2016
It was a great company to work for with plenty of room to advance. I began training for a shift management position after only two weeks of starting the job. That in itself proved to be the most difficult part but also the most rewarding and enjoyable. Management was always very hands on and would do their best to work with any situation you threw at them. Had to resign due to change in my housing and was unable to made the 40 minute commute to work.
Pros
Advancement oppertunities
Cons
No healthcare avaiabile
Good place to work, fun enviornment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 26, 2016
Easy job to get yourself better in dealing with speed and and craftsmanship. Dependable job always will be there without cutting off workers.
Pros
Free food after shift.
Cons
not any benefits.
Do Not Recommend
Crew (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARAugust 22, 2016
My time at Arby's was not very enjoyable. The managers weren't too bad and the GMs honestly tried their best. The problem was with the district management and above. They paid us the bare minimum and didn't offer any raises or incentives to their employees. Those that had received raises in the past had them taken away and they also did the same thing with vacation time. No one had vacation time. The managers were paid by salary and not much either. But they worked like 80 hour weeks, so they were making below minimum wage. I did not enjoy my time at Arby's. Employees were then told that they are not allowed to work more than 20 hours a week and that no one is to be considered full time. Note that the Arby's I worked for in Mountain Home, AR and Fayetteville, AR are owned by US Beef out of Tulsa Oklahoma.
Pros
Cons
No raises, terrible hours, no vacation or time off.
Nice place to start working
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PANovember 27, 2015
Arby's has supported me since I was 16 years old. It was my first job. They believed in me and supported me to continue my education and let me keep my job during college. They knew I would need more money, so they promoted me to Shift Manager. Though there are times when we were more busy than usual, it is a nice place to work.
Pros
Friendly work place
Cons
Horrible health care benefits, busy on occasion
Waste of time and poorly managed and supervised
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 19, 2016
Unfortunately Arby's pay for shift managers is practically garbage compared to other fast food chains and getting a raise is almost impossible. The shift managers put in so much work and get no benefits or paid vacation. They're expected to have no personal life and dedicate their entire lives to the franchise. I'm grateful I had such an amazing General Manager, but unfortunately not everyone in our area was lucky. Most General Managers are not qualified to run a store. Most of them do not know what they are doing, they allow their stores to be filthy and unorganized.
Pros
Free lunch for management
Cons
No raises, low pay, no decent benefits, very poor management, a careless supervisor, most employee's don't know what they're doing, most stores are dirty, poor security.
Friendly and Fast Work Environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 21, 2016
Co-workers and superiors are generally easy to get along and work with. A typical day at work requires some sort of cleaning, preparing food, taking orders, and serving customers. Its very enjoyable to help others and treat them like humans, instead of another name/number on the order taker. The hardest part is definitely closing, where the hours draw on and there's a flurry of chicken orders (when you want to clean the fry station). I've learned many things here such as some customers never being satisfied, how to operate a cash register, cleaning up bathrooms and lobbies, and how to use a fryer.
Pros
Half off all menu items except value, friendly staff and management, flexible hours, can be paired with other jobs
Cons
Short breaks if any, customer is always right, no benefits or compensation
The people are good, but it's not a very good job.
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Terrell, TXAugust 30, 2016
The best thing about working at Arby's is that you get experience and learn new skills. The job itself isn't that great however. I imagine it works best for high school kids and college attendees who need a little extra cash. But for those who need a job to stay afloat and support themselves, this is not it. You CANNOT be independent working as team member at Arby's. There are also no benefits. The only thing you get is free fountain drink and half off your meal once a day on a day you work. There is also no real training. You mostly learn by making mistakes. I've taken it upon myself to teach the new-hires how to do things so they don't mess up like I did. I did make a few friends, but that's the people, not the store. That said, I am glad that I was hired there and got to meet the workers there.
Pros
Half off a meal once a day on a day you work. You also get free fountain drinks on a day you work.
Cons
No benefits whatsoever. No dental, medical, vision, or anything.
Unprofessional behavior displayed by management and other employees
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 27, 2016
One of the managers was very unprofessional to say the least after getting hired I quickly realized that if I wasn't a part of her circle of friends who sat around work gossiping about other employees and the dramas of their lives that I wasn't going to be treated with respect and dignity that all employees should receive simply for the fact that we are human when I am at work that is what I do I work I do not wish to gossip and create high school drama I did not work at arbys for very long at all it was just not a goof fit for me emotionally, mentally or financially
Pros
Good food and employee discount
Cons
Low pay unprofessional working conditions

2.8