Arby's Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working here. The coworkers and managers were great people and very patient in teaching what was expected of their crew members.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 19, 2017
This job is great for someone who doesn't mind dealing with the public and working hard at their job, as well as being thorough in their duties. Hours vary from day to day and week to week.
Stressful and short staffed.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTOctober 19, 2017
For a high school student the hours did not work well with school. I generally didn't get out of work until almost 10 at night and I still had to do homework. The place was so short staffed all the time we frequently had to close the dining in part of the building which caused the drive thru to be really busy. The manager was rarely at work so they would not understand why we said certain things needed changed.
Pros
discounts
Cons
it is a awful place to work.
Arby's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 19, 2017
Arby's is the worst restaurant to work for if the company is slow they give all the hours available to Managers. I feel that is unfair if you start out at 40 hours a week and then go to 12 hours a week I feel there. should be a explanation
Pros
discounts
Cons
very short breaks
Fast Paced Enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAOctober 19, 2017
taking customer orders, preparing food made to order, and providing customer service. prepping food. cleaning work station.Very fast paced.Sometimes wouldn't even have enough time for breaks some days
Pros
good co workers, discounts
Cons
terrible health insurance
I thank for arbys for the experience as a manager.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 19, 2017
A typical day at work consists of counting the safe, balancing cash registers and doing inventory. Besides the work I did as a manager I would take orders and prepare food. The hardest part was telling customers when we were running out of the items that were selling fast. To me the most enjoyable part was watching the expressions on the customer's face when they would ask us to describe what comes on the new sandwiched.
Pros
Managers got one free meal aday
Cons
Unfair pay
not a good place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2017
started when i was 16 as my first job, got passed up for promotion twice now after being told by my area supervisor i was next in line. Work 40 hours a week (closes) and sometimes only one day off a week while trying to graduate college. Do more work than the assistant manager yet he gets paid more and all around an unfair work environment. Area supervisor pays favorites, and can not wait to leave the and find a new job.
Pros
half off meals
Cons
unfair hours, advancement opportunity, and pay rates
Limited advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCOctober 17, 2017
The expectation keeps rising while the pay never changes. Years of service or restaurant accomplishments mean nothing in terms of promotion. The company is entirely too focused on saving money that is can't acommidate current employees
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everyting else
Arby's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2017
It is a good place to start working but also a good place to work at if in a transitional phase in your life. It also depends which location you are at because the people help make it enjoyable to work. If everyone can work together without getting rude then it a good place to work
Pros
food discounts
Cons
pay
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IAOctober 17, 2017
It was a ton of fun, so laid back and everyone got along. Never had problems with anyone. It was a happy environment with no bad vibes. Didn't like having overtime but when people couldn't be there I helped a lot.
Pros
Free lunch, discounted food also
Not what I thought
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 17, 2017
When I got the job as a cashier, I was excited but management was not good very immature. The schedule was not good, did not get a good amount of hours.

Want to know more about Arby's?

Ask a question
A friendly fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Edgewood Rd Cedar RapidsOctober 17, 2017
Working at Arby's was a learning experience. I learned to help young kids experience a positive employment experience. You work with kids in highschool, some who have never used a broom before.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Insufficient training protocol.
Restaurant
Schedule, sales customer service eta (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAOctober 16, 2017
Arbys is a good company to work for. It is a good step to start a good knowledge for your next work label. Flexible schedule. It was close to my home.
Fast paced and productive
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 16, 2017
A typical day would be getting drinks and there bags ready to go out the window. the most enjoyable part of my job was learning something new everyday
A Good Starter Job
E. Indianna Ave. - Order taker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAOctober 16, 2017
Arby's restaurant was a great place to get myself acclimatized to working again after taking three years off for my education. I quickly made friends with other employees and management was wonderful to work with.
Maybe I'd do it again
Kitchen Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 15, 2017
Maybe. The general manager didn't really seem to care about a humble dishwasher and lobby cleaner. The assistant manager did, though. For his sake, I'd consider Arby's again.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Heartless GM
Its an alright place to work
Team member (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MN 56301October 13, 2017
I was young and needed a place to work while i went to school. So i went into arbys to eat and they had a job table set up. I applied and had an interview the next day. There was a good work atmosphere because we were all stuck in the unfortunate circumstance of working at arbys.
Pros
half off food.
Cons
late hours
Good first job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 12, 2017
If you need somewhere to get money quick without having to look very far then Arby's is the one for you. At first everyone is like family but in reality everyone is very immature. There is a lack of establishment.
It was very fast paced
Cashier, Drive Thru, and Fryer (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSOctober 11, 2017
On certain days of the week it would either be slow or super busy, I always enjoyed the busier days so we weren't just standing around. I also learned how to handle customers properly and I have gained knowledge responsibility.
Busy work and lots of stress
Back Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2017
It is a great starting job but if you're looking to strive for more then this isn't the place for you.
The Hardest shift to have is closing since they ask you to be out at a certain time and with you having to clean and deal with costumers makes it near impossible to get out at a reasonable time.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
poor salary, No room for advancment
it paid good and was good place to work as a first job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIOctober 11, 2017
It was my first Job and it was a good place to start. It was okay, the environment overall was. the place itself was good. only problems was worker not getting along with each other and too much drama
Pros
half off meal
Cons
not to many breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arby's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8