Organization & Position Summary: For more than 60 years, The Arc Greater Twin Cities, a member and volunteer-driven nonprofit organization, has developed and offered innovative programs, services, community outreach and education to support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in our community. Arc’s mission is: To secure for all people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families the opportunity to realize their goals of where and how they live, learn, work and play. In addition to a competitive wage, The Arc offers a supportive work environment. The team at The Arc consists of highly committed and creative professionals who want to make a difference in the lives of children and adults with intellectual and related developmental disabilities and their families.
The Arc Greater Twin Cities is looking for qualified supervisors at the Richfield, New Hope, Brooklyn Center stores who can be responsible for hourly and daily supervision of staff and volunteers in all areas of the thrift business. The supervisor provides documentation of individual and team performance and is responsible for meeting hourly, daily and weekly production goals. 2-3 years of RETAIL supervisory experience is required. Applicants must be skilled in the areas of training, giving direction and reviewing staff performance.
- Leads team on scheduled shifts to ensure that daily goals (eg. rack, box, sales) are met
- Possesses solid skills in selection, pricing and merchandise organization/display
- Serves as: opening/closing supervisor and handles workplace issues effectively while delegating daily work assignments
- Effectively promotes Arc’s goodwill handling all cash wrap interactions in a professional manner
- Trains staff in the job responsibilities of each position in sales, production and general labor
- Sets standards for employees and volunteers serving as a role model for best practices
- Prepares and leads employee performance reviews as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required
- 2-3 Years Retail Supervisory Experience required
- Able to communicate and effectively lead employees, customers, donors, and volunteers
- Competent with basic technology (Microsoft suite)
- Able to lift boxes and bags that weigh 30-50 lbs.
- Able to bend, stoop, stand and walk continuously throughout assigned work shift
- Able to work varied hours / days as business dictates
Compensation: Competitive Benefits and Salary
To Be Considered: Please visit our website http://www.arcsvaluevillage.org/careers/ to apply
The Arc Greater Twin Cities is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
Indeed - 14 months ago
For more than 60 years, The Arc Greater Twin Cities, a member and volunteer-driven nonprofit organization, has developed and offered...