Arc Of Onondaga

Arc Of Onondaga Employee Reviews

Productive job and helps you to learn and care for individuals with disabilities
Direct Service Provider (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: you get to be caring and help others
Cons: not always being to help some because you don't always know how
A typical day at the Arc Of Onondaga for me consist of insisting individuals with disabilities achieve their fullest potential. Each day I learn a new way to communicate with them and learn something new about my self and how I handle certain situations throughout the day. Management at my job is great and very consistent. Co-workers are great at helping each other out great team environment. The hardest part about this job is figuring out exactly how to handle some situations because some of the consumer are not vocal. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing when I leave for home everyday I did what I could to help change something in my individuals lives.
it was a good place to work
Skill Instructor (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 28, 2014
Pros: all of it
Cons: boardem on holidays
it was educational in way of learning meds, finger pricks for sugar tests, and dealing with multitudes of illnesses.
Arc Of Onondaga/Direct care Professtional
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free health care services
Cons: short lunch breaks
I enjoyed working for the company overall...the pay, benefits, and job security
A nice place to work.
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 25, 2014
Pros: diversity
Cons: salary, poor management, ability to advance based on skills
Is a very nice not-for-profit to work for in terms of diversity.
great place to work
Skills Instructor/Community Residential Assistant (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free meals, free tickets, shopping, learning experiences
Cons: long hours
Each day was always new, fun and interesting. The families and clients that I work for taught me about loyalty and ambitions and goals and never giving up even when you feel your at the end of your road. My management team was excellent and helpful in all aspects. The hardest part of the job was not being able to to take all my clients with me when I relocated. All jobs have good and bad things that you as individual want to change but it was always enjoyable to be employed by the company.
Hard job, but worth it.
Community Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: advocating and helping people reach their goals
Cons: you may get physical harm.
Working with people with developmental disabilities is rewarding in itself. Helping those who are not able to fully care for themselves and advocating for them was the most enjoyable part of the job and also helping them develop their own goals and seeing them reach that goal is amazing.

CONS: Employees are also not "protected" If a rumor is started amongst "the consumers" there will be no or a little investigation just their word alone will be taken you will have no say.
Arc is gret
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: low pay
Arc is a wonderful place to work. They are the best non-profit in Onondaga county. They do great work and are ahead of every change that comes down from the state. the benefits are great and they do a lot or the community
Good environment to work in
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), 800 Wilbur Avenue, Syracuse,NYSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: lots and lots of outings in the community
Cons: the overnight hours became an issue.
My time at ARC of Onondaga was an enjoyable experience. Working with the residents on their adls (living skills) was both rewarding and enriching. I worked with staff who also had the progress of the individuals we worked with as a priority.
okay
Transportation Security Officer (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 22, 2013
love the people you work with but management sucks. You have to have a passion because the pay is little. great benefits tho.
The company dinners.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 23, 2013
Pros: being with the challanged individules and teaching them life skills.
Cons: not enough of support when you needed help.
Review work assignments. Teach consumers skills in certain work forces. Transport consumers to and from work sites. Document daily activities of each consumer for the day.
Enjoyable workplace
Community Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 4, 2013
A typical day consisted of caring for people with mental disabilities.
A great place to work
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 17, 2012
A company that puts consumer first, and values their employees.
Productive place were u learn a lot about people with disabilities
Skills Instructor (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 23, 2012
I love my job it helps me in the health field. My co-workers are the best. The hardest part is managing the individuals when they have a behavior problem.

November 23, 2012

What do you start out making as a skills instructor?

Great Benefits
Residence Corrdinator (Former Employee), LiverpoolFebruary 18, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: being on-call.
Arc of Onondaga is a good place to work as far as stability and beneifts. When you are a manager however you have to be on-call for set periods of time without getting paid. The call ins are ridiculous!
Great Benefits and Great People to Work with
Day Habilitation PLan Coordinator (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 16, 2012
The Organization offers excellent Health Benefits, Vacation, Personal and Sick Time. The people that you work side by side with are wonderful.