Arc Of Onondaga Employee Reviews

Employee friendly work environment
Day Habilitation Plan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 28, 2016
Arc extends caring for people to its employees not just the individuals they serve. They work hard to educate and promote from within.
Pros
Arc gives lots of time off, because helps prevent caregiver burnout
Cons
Obviously, Not for profit has less pay
Was very stressful
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 11, 2016
Alot of behavior to deal with a lot of stress helping mentally disabled adults with psychotic behaviors really stresses you out! 12 yrs of abuse from clients took it's toll!
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Stress
Good company for advancement
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 24, 2016
Some of the management is great to train under. The company is always looking to give opportunity to staff within the agency
Pros
Like to promote from within
Cons
Some of the recent changes have changed the atmosphere
Fun place to work
Occupational Safety & Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 6, 2016
The most enjoyable part about the job was flexibility to make my own schedule and train employees at my own pace. Co- workers were very attentive to learning more about safety.
Pros
Safety Perks
Cons
Healthcare
great place to work
Skills Instructor/Community Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 17, 2014
Each day was always new, fun and interesting. The families and clients that I work for taught me about loyalty and ambitions and goals and never giving up even when you feel your at the end of your road. My management team was excellent and helpful in all aspects. The hardest part of the job was not being able to to take all my clients with me when I relocated. All jobs have good and bad things that you as individual want to change but it was always enjoyable to be employed by the company.
Pros
free meals, free tickets, shopping, learning experiences
Cons
Productive job and helps you to learn and care for individuals with disabilities
Direct Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day at the Arc Of Onondaga for me consist of insisting individuals with disabilities achieve their fullest potential. Each day I learn a new way to communicate with them and learn something new about my self and how I handle certain situations throughout the day. Management at my job is great and very consistent. Co-workers are great at helping each other out great team environment. The hardest part about this job is figuring out exactly how to handle some situations because some of the consumer are not vocal. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing when I leave for home everyday I did what I could to help change something in my individuals lives.
Pros
You Get To Be Caring And Help Others
Cons
Not Always Being To Help Some Because You Don't Always Know How
A nice place to work.
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 25, 2014
Is a very nice not-for-profit to work for in terms of diversity.
Pros
diversity
Cons
salary, poor management, ability to advance based on skills
Arc Of Onondaga/Direct care Professtional
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 6, 2014
I enjoyed working for the company overall...the pay, benefits, and job security
Pros
Free health care services
Cons
Short lunch breaks
No room for advancement with out proper connections
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 16, 2015
Rewarding position working with adults with Downs Syndrome. Allowing them to choose their schedules and achieve their daily and future goals.
Pros
Working with consumers
Cons
Working with unhappy employees
okay
Transportation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 22, 2013
love the people you work with but management sucks. You have to have a passion because the pay is little. great benefits tho.
Productive work place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYSeptember 22, 2015
Provide hands on assistance instruction and guidance to all individuals at program. working with co-worker has its pros and cons but Im a team player. The hardest part of the job is trying to please your co-workers. I enjoy my job I love when I put a smile on the individuals face I feel my job is complete.
Pros
Enjoying the individuals
Cons
co-workers
great work place
Assist individuals (Former Employee) –  SYRACUSE NYOctober 13, 2015
this is a job i will love forever. the people were great, staff got along, trips were amazing. assisting individuals become more independent.
Pros
getting to expirence great things
Cons
documentation was sometimes difficult
Wonderful Place to work, great services
Staff Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 11, 2015
Arc of Onondaga provides a very valuable service to the community. They are a fun, progressive, enjoyable place to work.
Arc is gret
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 29, 2013
Arc is a wonderful place to work. They are the best non-profit in Onondaga county. They do great work and are ahead of every change that comes down from the state. the benefits are great and they do a lot or the community
Pros
great experience
Cons
low pay
Great Benefits and Great People to Work with
Day Habilitation PLan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 16, 2012
The Organization offers excellent Health Benefits, Vacation, Personal and Sick Time. The people that you work side by side with are wonderful.
Hard job, but worth it.
Community Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Working with people with developmental disabilities is rewarding in itself. Helping those who are not able to fully care for themselves and advocating for them was the most enjoyable part of the job and also helping them develop their own goals and seeing them reach that goal is amazing.

CONS: Employees are also not "protected" If a rumor is started amongst "the consumers" there will be no or a little investigation just their word alone will be taken you will have no say.
Pros
Advocating and helping people reach their goals
Cons
You may get physical harm.
Nice palce to work. Extensive and thorough training for staff.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 10, 2015
I loved working at Arc of Onondaga. I worked their for 25 years and found it a a great place to work and grow in the field of health care.
Good environment to work in
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  800 Wilbur Avenue, Syracuse,NYSeptember 27, 2013
My time at ARC of Onondaga was an enjoyable experience. Working with the residents on their adls (living skills) was both rewarding and enriching. I worked with staff who also had the progress of the individuals we worked with as a priority.
Pros
Lots and lots of outings in the community
Cons
The overnight hours became an issue.
The company dinners.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 23, 2013
Review work assignments. Teach consumers skills in certain work forces. Transport consumers to and from work sites. Document daily activities of each consumer for the day.
Pros
Being with the challanged individules and teaching them life skills.
Cons
Not enough of support when you needed help.
Great Benefits
Residence Corrdinator (Former Employee) –  LiverpoolFebruary 18, 2012
Arc of Onondaga is a good place to work as far as stability and beneifts. When you are a manager however you have to be on-call for set periods of time without getting paid. The call ins are ridiculous!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
being on-call.

Arc Of Onondaga Reviews by Location