ARC Employee Reviews

fun work place
Program Leader (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2015
Management was incredible and very professional and friendly. The children were all unique and respectful of the staff.
My first year at Richfield ARC.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Richfield, MNJune 6, 2015
Pros: Time flexibility
Cons: Break area isn't always clean.
My typical day at work is signing in on the computer, dropping off my bag etc. Then the battle begins...trying to figure out how to crisscross my apron strings and get my apron tied! Then I usally check in with Alice to see what she needs for me to do. Or, if I cannot locate her, I assume the role of "Book woman" and organize the books. (They're friends of mine.) Or...Alice sees me and points – more... me towards the new clothing which needs to be brought out on the floor. That will keep me busy for 5 hours nonstop sometimes. The time just flies when I'm working.
I learn about clothing, what's new, what's popular, and how to help others. I've learned all the various departments that ARC has...and then some! I let the customer decide and listen. If they ask my advice, I may suggest something.
What I have learned: Human nature is amazing. We're all different types. We respond in different ways, our expectations are different, tastes, judgments, spending ability, quality expectations, etc.
I feel that the mangement is qualified, know what they're doing, nonjudgmental, complimentary, helpful, willing to answer questions, patient, self guided, understanding, and good.
I enjoy my co-workers. I like the quieter ones...although I can handle the more loquacious ones. I have yet to meet a co-worker with whom I could not work.
Hardest part of my job...temptation to buy books! Sometimes, I think the staff lounge isn't so clean. I want to complete my Americorps volunteer hours and apply for a paid position. I am tired when I leave.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the public. I'm a most personable individual. I've dealt with people my entire life. I like public interaction. Also I like the openness of the hours. I sign in at 1:00, but can stay 3,4,5+ hours. I like that. People are friendly including the staff. And...I like helping others. – less
Very quiet and peaceful environment
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMay 28, 2015
The hardest part of the job was being able to communicate with the disabled because they each had special needs that had to be tended to carefully.
Great Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 26, 2015
Great place to work. Good company culture. Would absolutely reccommend to any architects or design students- best in Boston.
American Residential Communities is a mobile home park and was nice to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Moline, ILMay 12, 2015
Pros: meetings, good meals (free)
Cons: I feel they could have cleaned the park better
Typical day was helping the residents that live there to make it a home environment.

Answer phones, help walk-ins, computer in put, take deposits, water readings. Interesting job with many miscellaneous duties.
Small group of great people
Plant Clerk (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2015
Pros: Set hours, small group of friendly co-works
Cons: upper management is changing at our headquarter, s bringing in changes that make it harder to enjoy our hard work, they have combined us with our other buildings with everything excluding $5 they make more an hour, this has really taken a toll on our employees and how we are treated differently
I love my job and have been here 8 1/2 years, unfortunately there is no room for me to move up. We have set hours Monday - Friday with decent benefits and retirement program. Work days, for me, are very busy trying to do many jobs all in one day. I have learned to multitask, ask questions, become self motivated and lead when needed to. All of our co-workers get along well, like a small family, which helps us perform our job well.
A Job, Not a Career
Program Manager (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Management, location, pay
Without going into much detail and totally eliminating myself from other career opportunities at many great organizations, I would only say do not apply to ARC unless you really need any job. It is not a place I would ever recommend to anyone and I eagerly anticipate the day when I find another career opportunity and can leave.
ARC does not provide a satisfactory work environment
General Manager (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 27, 2015
Pros: ARC offers a broad spectrum of products for the construction industry
Cons: The company culture is rather mercenary
After 13 years of outstanding performance, I was released in a RIF. It became obvious to me that the company was opting for younger, just out of college employees at lower salaries.
Daily Orientation
therapeutic recreational service aide (Former Employee), New London, CTApril 26, 2015
wake consumer, instruct them how to dress for the weather, assist with making breakfast and preparing lunch, pass medications as prescribed, prepare medications to take with consumer to work or day program,

patience, flexibility, focus on each individual as an individual

hardest part of position was keeping flexible schedule around the clock

most enjoyable was watching consumer change over time, watching consumer learn new task and implementing them, watching consumer take on more responsible role in achieving self-reliance
A good start to a healthcare or Psychology related field
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Herkimer, NYApril 26, 2015
Pros: Get to go to the movies, free meals, community events
Cons: bad healthcare, little day hours
HARC was a great place to start off working in the healthcare field. I loved the clients I worked with, my supervisors, and my co-workers. It is hard to obtain "normal" hours in the agency, but the positions are great if you would rather work weekends or nights. The hardest part of the job is finding it very hard to advance within the agency. Working with the clients is very rewarding and fun to do.
Loved working with my Co-manager. Great team
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City MoApril 20, 2015
Pros: Management team
Cons: Culture of the Community
Coordinate day to day operations of resident and management activities; receiving rent, collection activities, billing invoices, scheduling vendors plus selling and leasing manufactured homes.
Supervising and scheduling maintenance staff.
Administrate property compliance.
Responsible for Marketing homes and Market survey.
Fun workplace with strong relationships built with clients
Bellarmine Tutor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 1, 2015
A typical workday consists of a one on one basis with students in need of help with economics. The students schedule appointment times based on my availability. The most important thing I've learned from this job is that patience is key. The classes that I tutor for have some difficult subjects for students and at times, it takes students ample amounts of time and examples to understand material. My – more... co-workers are all supportive, like me they're students as well and have offered me advice on how to handle certain situations. The hardest part of the job is that I can't truly create my own schedule. A lot of times I'll have an hour long tutoring session midday and then another two hours later; so at times I'll have nothing to do in-between these sessions. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a student come back to me after an exam with a smile on their face telling me how well they did on it. – less
You select your work
Resident Counselor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 26, 2015
You get to select your own jobs, which is nice. You can work for people you know or not. You can work as many or litte hours as you want. You get to choose. Nice place to work and they seem to have it together, but I am not sure it is really a primary job kind of work.
Training Assistant (Current Employee), Fayette, ALMarch 11, 2015
This job consists of strenuous activities but working with the individuals always brighten my day. We are like a big family.
Great Feeling Helping ESL students
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches, gained a good reputation throughout that program
Cons: payment was low.
I just loved helping English Learners Students with their math, showing them a variety of strategies on how to solve problems and equations. Also, it was fun helping them learn English as their second language, showing them how to write sentences, how to pronounce words, and talk to them in English so they could practice their listening skills.
Rewarding work
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee), Utica, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Positive coworkers and rewarding work. I enjoy being able to help others improve their lives and gain satisfaction from their jobs.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Skill Instructor (Former Employee), Ledgewood, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: full benifets
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the residents smile when they see you. They miss you even if you don't come in for one shift. You feel their love at all times. They teach you so much, and make you a better person each day.

There is a lot of overtime within the company, but it might not be at your location. :)
You do not work for a specific location, you work for the company. 99% of the time you will be in one place, but is they need you somewhere, you are require to go to another location for the day.
Lifeguard for the ARC
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: access to columbia public pools, access to other parts of the arc
Cons: chlorine in the air
Keeping watch for the safety of patrons. Filling the various needs of patrons. Cleaning the deck at the end of the day every day. Once a year near the end of summer the pool is completely cleaned out. Hardest part would be the chlorine in the air. Working long hours and constant inhalation of the chlorine was the only problem. Co-workers were one of the greatest friends I made there. Working as a lifeguard I was kept up in the most recent ways of CPR and how to correctly use an AED.
Security Analyst (Former Employee), VirginiaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: too far from home
Cons: great people
As a Information Security Analyst, I was exsposed to system security and physical security, which I enjoyed.
great resume filler
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: no room for growth
enjoyed my time working here pay scale for day program was ok and ability to creat own program activity

1 2 3 4 5