ARCA Employee Reviews in United States

scheduling
Daytime Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2016
I worked every night and every weekend i would put in for a day off and would be denied for no reason. The director would say i need to be there.
extremely busy but fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2016
seeing over 30 clients a day very busy hard working place. We laugh and joke around throughout the day among us co-workers.
Very low pay.
Opening Doors, Health and Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 7, 2015
Days are never typical, or the same. I have learned that it is much more prudent to observe, than to react. Most of the people at the company are generally good. The pay is very low. The workers are overworked and underpaid.
Major help for developmentally disabled individuals
Residential Instructor 1 (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 20, 2015
Usually I help individuals learn cooking, cleaning and managing their time. The more effort you put into helping individuals the better you feel about the job. It was a hard time dealing with management that are stickler to the rules. However, due to our funding depending on the state, we cannot help it. The co-workers and the individuals are great. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management. The best part of the job is giving individuals with developmental disabilities opportunity to learn and grow with the community.
Pros
Free food, flexible schedules
Cons
Driving, Wages
Great, Great, Great!
Employment Services Coach (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day at work was picking up a client and taking them job hunting. I learned about several different types of disabilities and how they affect people. Management was ok, sometimes hard to communicate with, but co-worker's were awsome. The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication from management and the most enjoyable part of the job was my clients and the feeling I got from helping them.
Very productive
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 30, 2013
All the co workers and management were great people to work with I learn how to move in a fast pace work envoirment
My experience with ARCA
Direct care staff (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 21, 2013
I have worked closely with personal care physicians, psychiatrists, neurologists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, nurses, and nutritionists to provide high quality, well rounded, patient centered care for my clients. I’ve spent the bulk of my time at ARCA working with cerebral palsy, seizure disorder, autism, psychosis, and explosive behaviors. I loved working at ARCA as direct care staff and would continue to do it if I didn't need more of and income.
Pros
rewarding, fun, diverse
Cons
lower pay
respite provider
respit provider (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 8, 2013
I took care of disable people and making sure they had all there meals and help them get ready and for work or school the ARCA company has helped me a lot by giving me the training possible
Pros
training
Cons
not enough founds for consumers
Minnesota Owned and Operated
Office Management (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 8, 2013
Green employer recycled appliance, scratch and dent and new Minnesota owned and operated. A place where your opinion counts.
Pros
wonderful kind generous company
Cons
limited locations
great on the job training
process tech (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 30, 2013
When I first began at ARCA I was cutting foam out of refrigerators. As my time there went on I learning how to process all refrigerant type units. Within 5 months I was certified through the state of Illinois as a typeI processor.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
management
not a good company
Forklift Operator/Labor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2012
they let u unload trailers of washers dryery and fridges by hand ... that are filled with EVERY BODY FLUID U CAN IMAGINE... and write you up if u spen too much time in the bathroom [ 5 min or more] washing the urine off of yourself that just came out of one of the washers. benifits are horrid, and over priced and u still have all the co-pays in the world. u are better off getting welfare insurance and paying whatever they charge it would be cheaper. the management looks down on everyone. if you dnt like something they say " go home a temp will love your job and i can pay him less"...
Cons
everything
hard work
ARCA (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 25, 2012
working in the werehouse was hard but knowing that we feed people all over made it eazy.
Pros
working with nice people, learning alot
Cons
the job was only in the summer
productive and fun place
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 21, 2012
i had great experience working there, where i traveled some times with the company and and also traveled fro training and conferences
Pros
had lunch break
Cons
had good free health insurance
Overall a good support system for Independent DD Adults.
Nursing Services Helath Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuqueruqe NMMarch 12, 2012
I love my job. It has been a pleasure to get to know and work with the Individuals I serve. ARCA has provided a safe community network for people who have been institutionalized and for the most part spent their lives in foster homes.
Pros
i work with kind hearted and resourceful people.
Cons
due to funding cuts my position may be cut.