ARCA

ARCA Employee Reviews

Nursing Service Coordinator/Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexibility in schedules.
Cons: not enough nurses to fulfill the responsibilities.
ARCA is a non-profit organization that provides excellent services for people with developmental disabilities. I enjoyed working with both the staff and the individuals. I learned different ways to communicate with people with disabilities and ARCA provides training to help ensure the needs of the People are met. Many of the management have been with ARCA for 20-30 years plus. The hardest part of my job at ARCA was the Nursing shortage. Being a non-profit organization they can not pay what other organizations can pay Nurses. The positive side of a Nursing position at ARCA is the flexibility in the schedule when there are enough staff to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning and developing lasting relationships and trust with the individuals and their families.
Great, Great, Great!
Employment Services Coach (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day at work was picking up a client and taking them job hunting. I learned about several different types of disabilities and how they affect people. Management was ok, sometimes hard to communicate with, but co-worker's were awsome. The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication from management and the most enjoyable part of the job was my clients and the feeling I got from helping them.
Very productive
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 30, 2013
All the co workers and management were great people to work with I learn how to move in a fast pace work envoirment
My experience with ARCA
Direct care staff (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 21, 2013
Pros: rewarding, fun, diverse
Cons: lower pay
I have worked closely with personal care physicians, psychiatrists, neurologists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, nurses, and nutritionists to provide high quality, well rounded, patient centered care for my clients. I’ve spent the bulk of my time at ARCA working with cerebral palsy, seizure disorder, autism, psychosis, and explosive behaviors. I loved working at ARCA as direct care staff and would continue to do it if I didn't need more of and income.
respite provider
respit provider (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 8, 2013
Pros: training
Cons: not enough founds for consumers
I took care of disable people and making sure they had all there meals and help them get ready and for work or school the ARCA company has helped me a lot by giving me the training possible
Minnesota Owned and Operated
Office Management (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 8, 2013
Pros: wonderful kind generous company
Cons: limited locations
Green employer recycled appliance, scratch and dent and new Minnesota owned and operated. A place where your opinion counts.
great on the job training
process tech (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: learning experience
Cons: management
When I first began at ARCA I was cutting foam out of refrigerators. As my time there went on I learning how to process all refrigerant type units. Within 5 months I was certified through the state of Illinois as a typeI processor.
not a good company
Forklift Operator/Labor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2012
Cons: everything
they let u unload trailers of washers dryery and fridges by hand ... that are filled with EVERY BODY FLUID U CAN IMAGINE... and write you up if u spen too much time in the bathroom [ 5 min or more] washing the urine off of yourself that just came out of one of the washers. benifits are horrid, and over priced and u still have all the co-pays in the world. u are better off getting welfare insurance and paying whatever they charge it would be cheaper. the management looks down on everyone. if you dnt like something they say " go home a temp will love your job and i can pay him less"...
hard work
ARCA (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 25, 2012
Pros: working with nice people, learning alot
Cons: the job was only in the summer
working in the werehouse was hard but knowing that we feed people all over made it eazy.
productive and fun place
Department Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 21, 2012
Pros: had lunch break
Cons: had good free health insurance
i had great experience working there, where i traveled some times with the company and and also traveled fro training and conferences
Overall a good support system for Independent DD Adults.
Nursing Services Helath Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Albuqueruqe NMMarch 12, 2012
Pros: i work with kind hearted and resourceful people.
Cons: due to funding cuts my position may be cut.
I love my job. It has been a pleasure to get to know and work with the Individuals I serve. ARCA has provided a safe community network for people who have been institutionalized and for the most part spent their lives in foster homes.