Arcadia Unified School District Employee Reviews

Exciting, Rewarding, Educational, Busy, and Pleasurable
School Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 2, 2015
When I was employed at the Arcadia Unified School District I learned so much. I managed the front office at Hugo Reid Primary School. Some of my duties were to enroll our new students, guide school tours, collect and balance fundraiser money, phones, payroll, attendance reports, update files, order supplies, organize our fire drills, and many other duties. My job was very rewarding and there are so many wonderful memories. The students, parents, and staff will always be in my heart and I am so grateful to have had this opportunity to learn and work at the Arcadia Unified School District.
Great Place to work
Network Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arcadia CaliforniaOctober 31, 2014
I really enjoyed being a part of a dynamic team dedicated to child development.
Great support from teachers and professional specialists
Special Education Paraeducator (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 12, 2013
I was a one-on-one special education aid at Highland Oaks. The staff are truly working towards the betterment of their students and the support I received was amazing. You don't get very many hours, but the per hour pay is really good.
Worked over ten years, excellent environment, learned flexibility.
Substitute Teacher (K-12) (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 30, 2013
I substitute taught in every grade except 12th grade during my years at Arcadia Unified School District. I learned to think fast and handle new situations through all the different classroom situations. I always tried to arrive early, in order that I would have time to acquaint myself with the classroom, the lesson plan, and a quick glance at the lessons, especially the first few. Then at recess or lunch, I would look over the later lessons. I always made every effort to complete all lessons and tasks with the students, clean up the classroom when finished for the day and grade any work that the teacher wanted me to correct. The hardest part of the usual substitute teaching is not knowing the classroom, students, and lessons as well as the regular teacher would.

I particularly enjoyed the long-term assignments as one had the time for planning and getting to know the students that a regular teacher would enjoy. The hardest part is for an English teacher in high school, you have so many essays to grade. I wanted to do a detailed job of going through them, however, that is very difficult due to time crunches. I spent most weekends and spring break reading and correcting essays and papers. The co-workers were wonderful for the most part. Even some that I had a little trouble with at first I found a way to make positive connections with them. Working with the students, helping them to learn and influencing them in positive ways is the most rewarding part of the job. Hearing them laugh, seeing their pride in their achievements and hearing that you have made a difference in their
  more... lives for the better is the best part of being a teacher..  less
Pros
Good pay, an interesting, creative job that keeps you improving
Cons
no health benefits, irregular periods of working and not working
Positive and great working environment
LVN (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAFebruary 7, 2012
AUSD is a great working environment. The staff and management are friendly and professional. It's a healthy, safe, and positive place for employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arcadia Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7