Arcadia University Employee Reviews

Miserable
Director of Networks and Systems (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAJanuary 25, 2017
Simply put, this is where you go if you want to lose your soul to your employer. You may lose you marriage and family to from the misery that grips you.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Fun place
Darkroom Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAJanuary 19, 2017
Fun place to work for a part time job during your undergraduate experience, easy going job and able to get your own work done while you're working on campus
nice place
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 8, 2016
good place nice people good hours nice academic area love working on the campus hours good people care about students and emphazize cooperation and be nice
fun place to work and interact with nurse practitioners and counselors
Student Health Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PANovember 28, 2016
A typical day included data entry, filing and assisting patients. Ranging from handling part-time students all the way to signing faculty up for flu shots. This job is both exciting as well as great learning tool towards handling a clinical environment.
Low pay and micro management
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PANovember 23, 2016
Low pay , micro management especially from one executive in a white jeep. Expect to work alot of weekend's. You will have little to no advancement. Hardley a budget to buy you rain gear etc. Lol
12.00/hr. Regardless of experience. Fake supervisor(you work for man in the white jeep) , Fisher price equipment. Be expected to babysit student workers. Also Expect to be treated like an idiot that doesn't
Expect to work inside doing events. Tables chairs matting gym etc. For some reason that is grounds relates. Also doing trash pick up from dorms and using compactor that is always full. High turnover rate. Did I mention low pay? Good benefits and free college though. That is only plus.
Pros
Good crew
Cons
Terrible terrible upper management. Low pay. Weekends. No family time
Good job for working at College
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PASeptember 6, 2016
It has been a long time the most i remember is Sitting desk for a couple hours making sure public signs in and shows id. I could work on my homework and senior thesis as the hours passed. I was also required to open the gym
Pros
Can do homework while working
Work Study
Kuch Center Staff (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAJune 5, 2016
Best job for a college kid. Can keep up with class work while working and maintaining facilities. Small school - close knit community.
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAJune 1, 2016
Come in start washing dishes, learned how to use a dish machine and break it down and clean it. Management wasn't bad. My co-workers were nice and we all liked working together. There was no hard part and the most enjoyable part was catering events.
Undergraduate university with many jobs open.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAMay 9, 2016
A small liberal arts university with a plethora of jobs available for undergraduate and graduate students. Flexible schedules and friendly work environments.
Overwatch of campus Commons building
Information Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAMay 5, 2016
I was focused on answering student/visitor questions, employee training, assist in first aid. I would work three hour shifts with one other common information desk attendant. I was available to develop communication skills and build stronger relationships with Arcadia staff.
Lots of potential
Associate Director, Network Services (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAApril 15, 2016
There are great people working there.
The compensation is less than you would find in the business world.
The vision for University and how each employee can contribute to it is lacking.
A lot of great people have left there as a result of poor management.
Healthcare Facility
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAApril 5, 2016
Were able to utilize my skills as a housekeeper in a healthcare setting. Fun, energizing, fast paced, keeping patients and clients happy
Assistant Volleyball Coach (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAApril 4, 2016
Young group. Good culture. Outgoing and fun. Great place to start career. Expanding at a good rate at this time. Daily life is good
Good Workplace Environment
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAMarch 4, 2016
The Arcadia Accounting Department has been a great place to work. I have learned a lot from working here and am happy i was able to get the opportunity. Work consisted mainly of scanning and reconciliations. Would recommend to others.
Work Study
Mac Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAFebruary 28, 2016
I had a work study at Arcadia as a mac lab monitor while a student there. As such, I don't know any information about how their employees are actually treated.
University Job
Business Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAFebruary 20, 2016
Was a college job so I wasn't required to do much. They didn't pay that great (compared to other jobs), but it was still a job. They staff was very nice and I also got weekends off, so that was nice.
Enjoyable
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Good work study job that provided good pay and convenience of being close to where i lived. Good managment and fun atmosphere. Overall would recommend
Intercultural Presenter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2015
Provides good opportunities to develop yourself as a professional.
ELI is in growing stage and is a good place to work.
The most enjoyable part of the work is the possibility to teach international students.
Very intense atmosphere, very vibrant and full of life
Intern (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PASeptember 17, 2015
Everyday I help athletes reach their maximum athletic potential. The co-workers are very amiable and very knowledgeable, but the best part of the day is working with the athletes.
Great group of co workers and employers
I.T. worker (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PennsylvaniaJune 27, 2015
Was always enjoy able to work with the people I worked with. Made it fun and helped in teaching me a lot. Was a great form of experience for my self in the field.
Pros
experience
Cons
minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arcadia University. Our community is ready to answer.

Arcadia University Reviews by Location