Arcadia University Employee Reviews

Federal Work Study Position
Event Staff Employee (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PASeptember 30, 2017
Enjoyed working in the department that I landed in for my federal work study while in school. Seeing as this was a work study position I cannot really comment on how and actual salary job at the school would be received.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PASeptember 14, 2017
Working in the HR department of Arcadia was relaxed and everyone was very courteous and a pleasure to work with. As a student assistant my jobs were mainly answering the phones, filing and sorting, mailings, and helping update and maintain employee records.
Frequent leadership changes and layoffs make this a challenging institution to work for
Director of Marketing Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAAugust 30, 2017
When any college suffers 3 president and provost changes inside of 8 years, one can imagine how this may affect professional roles within the institution. Add in fiscal issues and recent block layoffs (position eliminations) across many departments, and you have an unstable professional environment. The recommendation is to do your research and be wary of a non-faculty position that sounds all-too promising.
Pros
Pretty campus
Cons
Leadership turnover and poor management in some areas (i.e. University Relations, Finance, School of Business)
Event staff student worker job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAAugust 2, 2017
Although the pay was not great (PA state minimum) I always enjoyed my time working for the Arcadia Athletics Department. I was able to work with my peers and also attend all of the sporting events at the same time. The work was mostly minimal, except for shoveling snow on the turf field! Whenever something along those lines occurred, the staff was always fairly compensated for our work.
Pros
choose your own schedule
Cons
low pay
Relaxed yet challenging
Student Grounds Keeper (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAJuly 17, 2017
Working in the Grounds Department was a pretty smooth experience. The work was tiring but the people were laid back and friendly and everything went smoothly. I always felt good working there and at the end of the day felt like I earned my pay. I would definitely work there again if given the opportunity.
Not what I thought
Employee (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAJuly 5, 2017
Poor management, lack of opportunity for advancement, onboarding process is a nightmare, benefits are not very appealing. Morale is very low and organization is in a financial crisis.
School
Student (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAJune 13, 2017
classes, college life. I learned many things in my classes at Arcadia and improved as an artist. campus was beautiful and the hardest part was time management to keep up with the course load.
Great
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAJune 9, 2017
Loved it. A great time. Truly. Amazing. Wonderful work study opportunity. Love it when I can make money from my university as a student. Wow. Don't know why I have to write this.
good place to study and work
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Orange, NJJune 6, 2017
good management, good library, very good classrooms, good management, campus is beautiful, students are courteous, clean neat, good staff and helpful, salary low though
Great Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMay 25, 2017
Overall this was a great job! I had great customers and some wonderful coworkers.I had fun stocking and selling products. As a manager I was doing schedules and working on pay roll as well.
Easy-going Job that enforces safety
Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAMay 21, 2017
A typical day at work consists of you sitting at the receptionist desk monitoring who comes in and out of residence halls on the weekends since there tends to be more visitors on those days. You sign visitors in when they arrive and sign them out when they leave. It has helped me learn to be a leader by making sure to keep fellow students safe. The hardest part of this job is making sure to catch the visitors when they walk in. The most enjoyable part is, you can get school work done as you're sitting at the desk so it doesn't interfere much with school life.
Pros
Choose your own hours, laid-back
Cons
No raises, limited hours
very fun and reasonable
Student Manager of Basketball Team (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAMay 14, 2017
My boss who was the coach is a very hardworking and positive person. He taught me many things indirectly of how to be a opportunist. I strongly recommend a manager job at this school specifically with Coach Justin Scott.
Pros
Free lunches and games
Equal opportunity environment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAMay 9, 2017
Arcadia University provides everyone a job opportunity regardless of background. A typical day at work includes checking in with your supervisor and recording your hours once the shift is over.
Tutor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  LRNMarch 31, 2017
All of the students employed at the Learning Resource Network as tutors are provided with really helpful training resources to ensure that they know how to tutor students properly.
A good way for a freshman to earn some cash
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAMarch 9, 2017
Pay wasn't great, transportation was not provided (freshmen are not allowed cars on campus) - yet working with and teaching the children was worth the minor mishaps.
Miserable
Director of Networks and Systems (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAJanuary 25, 2017
Simply put, this is where you go if you want to lose your soul to your employer. You may lose you marriage and family to from the misery that grips you.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Decent Job for a Work-Study
Commons Building Staff (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAJanuary 23, 2017
Job was easy to learn and manage, I learned customer service skills and basic management skills.

Job was not hard to manage at all, I just had to take hourly headcounts and direct people on where daily/weekly events were taking place on campus. I was also put in charge of managing the lost and found.
Fun place
Darkroom Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAJanuary 19, 2017
Fun place to work for a part time job during your undergraduate experience, easy going job and able to get your own work done while you're working on campus
nice place
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 8, 2016
good place nice people good hours nice academic area love working on the campus hours good people care about students and emphazize cooperation and be nice
fun place to work and interact with nurse practitioners and counselors
Student Health Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PANovember 28, 2016
A typical day included data entry, filing and assisting patients. Ranging from handling part-time students all the way to signing faculty up for flu shots. This job is both exciting as well as great learning tool towards handling a clinical environment.