Arcadia University Employee Reviews in United States

Assistant Volleyball Coach (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAApril 4, 2016
Young group. Good culture. Outgoing and fun. Great place to start career. Expanding at a good rate at this time. Daily life is good
Overwatch of campus Commons building
Information Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAMay 5, 2016
I was focused on answering student/visitor questions, employee training, assist in first aid. I would work three hour shifts with one other common information desk attendant. I was available to develop communication skills and build stronger relationships with Arcadia staff.
Great people and great benefits
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PASeptember 7, 2014
There are some wonderful people, competent people there. The students are for the most part, kind, intelligent young people.

The benefits are among the best, campus is beautiful but with limited parking. Easily accessible by public transit, too. Tuition remission and affordable healthcare are easily the biggest perks.

For me, my supervisor was not supportive of a work-life balance which means long hours, no support for getting a degree of your own, and often leaving family to the way side.

Advancement is limited as jobs are very specific in their nature and skills are not always transferable. Many jobs require a degree or higher and if you don't have the time to do your degree there, it will easily throw you out of the running. Someone in Education could not easily transfer to a job in Financial Aid.
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAJune 1, 2016
Come in start washing dishes, learned how to use a dish machine and break it down and clean it. Management wasn't bad. My co-workers were nice and we all liked working together. There was no hard part and the most enjoyable part was catering events.
Lots of potential
Associate Director, Network Services (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAApril 15, 2016
There are great people working there.
The compensation is less than you would find in the business world.
The vision for University and how each employee can contribute to it is lacking.
A lot of great people have left there as a result of poor management.
Undergraduate university with many jobs open.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAMay 9, 2016
A small liberal arts university with a plethora of jobs available for undergraduate and graduate students. Flexible schedules and friendly work environments.
Good Workplace Environment
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAMarch 4, 2016
The Arcadia Accounting Department has been a great place to work. I have learned a lot from working here and am happy i was able to get the opportunity. Work consisted mainly of scanning and reconciliations. Would recommend to others.
Healthcare Facility
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAApril 5, 2016
Were able to utilize my skills as a housekeeper in a healthcare setting. Fun, energizing, fast paced, keeping patients and clients happy
Enjoyable
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Good work study job that provided good pay and convenience of being close to where i lived. Good managment and fun atmosphere. Overall would recommend
University Job
Business Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAFebruary 20, 2016
Was a college job so I wasn't required to do much. They didn't pay that great (compared to other jobs), but it was still a job. They staff was very nice and I also got weekends off, so that was nice.
Work Study
Mac Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAFebruary 28, 2016
I had a work study at Arcadia as a mac lab monitor while a student there. As such, I don't know any information about how their employees are actually treated.
Intercultural Presenter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2015
Provides good opportunities to develop yourself as a professional.
ELI is in growing stage and is a good place to work.
The most enjoyable part of the work is the possibility to teach international students.
Very intense atmosphere, very vibrant and full of life
Intern (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PASeptember 17, 2015
Everyday I help athletes reach their maximum athletic potential. The co-workers are very amiable and very knowledgeable, but the best part of the day is working with the athletes.
Typical nonprofit environment..laid back but progressive
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAMarch 11, 2013
Great place to work particularly if residing in area..ghas a very close knit community feel.
Pros
health benefits...
Cons
lacking public transportation..
Great Place to Work
Media Intern Specialist (Former Employee) –  GlensideJune 11, 2015
During my time at Arcadia, I honed in on my ability to budget my time. I had to produce multiple types of creative content each day depending on the needs of the staff. I learned programs specifically for jobs if I did not know prior to the request of the project. Because I was the only media producer for the department, it made the job difficult, but it was enjoyable due to the fact that it pushed my limits and made me learn more than I did prior to the job.
Pros
Great work environment, staff, and projects
Cons
equipment available
It department work study
IT Department, Help Desk Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAJune 20, 2015
This was a work study job. as far as work study jobs working for the It department at Arcadia University was the most interesting position you could have. While your not paid much since it is part of your student aid, it does give you some experience working. In this case it was interesting because you received experience with helping the staff when they had technical issues with their computers as well as with setting up new computers.
The PT Director of Clinical Education, didn't have faith that I would fulfill the job with the way she wanted it in the future.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAAugust 7, 2014
The person who runs Clinical Education didn't have faith (but no proof) that I would fulfill the position with the way she wanted it done in the future. All of my work was completed. I put in extra hours and was never late. I took lunch only once in 9 weeks. I never had a sick day. I was always discrete, never speaking a negative word about anyone in or out of the department, and kept all information classified. The transitional coordinator made negative comments about others especially the upcoming newly elected chair (effective September 1, 2014) that was unprofessional, but I kept silent and minded by own business. I remained friendly and respectful to all faculty and staff.
There was no reason I should have been terminated in such a short period (9 weeks) and without a more appropriate reason. I was told I was organized and had strong work ethic by the current chairperson who was easy to speak with and didn't seem to know what to do about this...so I had to be let go to please the person running Clinical Education. The person who runs Clinical Education mentioned I didn't own the position even though I was only there for six weeks at that point. This being said even though my work was all completed in a timely matter with nothing outstanding, overdue, or done incorrectly by a due date. In fact, it was mentioned by the current chair a week before my firing that my work accelerated and that I was doing very well. My termination was done to please the person running Clinical Education. The PT Department is presently in the process to hire new employees in the department, and
  more... the coordinator is being promoted to an administrative assistant position to the Physical Therapy chair (effective September 1 , 2014) without a posting going out to the University. The woman before me left for a lower job outside the university which is strange. All of this to satisfy the Clinical Education director's drama episodes. Also, I was never offered any severance pay to make amends for this type of firing. The appropriate person from HR was not available to speak with me upon my dismissal so I met with the benefits person who really had nothing much she could say. A complete witch hunt from the person running Clinical Education and the former transitional coordinator, so please be aware!!  less
Pros
beautiful campus, great location, after one year tuition remission, benefits, though expensive. for the most part faculty and staff is friendly, easy going, except the person who runs clinical education and one of the coordinators, who had my position previously, are not stable with what they expect.
Cons
unfortunately, they have two sides to their personalities.
Great group of co workers and employers
I.T. worker (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PennsylvaniaJune 27, 2015
Was always enjoy able to work with the people I worked with. Made it fun and helped in teaching me a lot. Was a great form of experience for my self in the field.
Pros
experience
Cons
minimum wage
Productive work enviorment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Glennside PA,Easton RoadJanuary 17, 2014
A typical day at work would be maintaining of my building and helping out where its needed.I learned how to be a good team player.got along very well with those in management and authority.learned how to except criticism in a positive way from co-workers.the hardest part of my job was keeping the president of the university pleased.the most enjoyable part of my job was coming in to my work place and knowing that my management was pleased with my work and a job well done.
Pros
our holiday parties and taking us out to lunch for jobs well done.
Cons
breaks were short but could have been longer.
Friendly environment, great place for networking
Student Worker in Library (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAAugust 15, 2014
Usually I supervise the circulation desk at the library. I help patrons with anything possible. I collect database usage, conduct inventory by making sure all of the books that we should have are actually here.My manager is beyond understanding and very easy to work with. My coworkers are my fellow students so it is a pleasure working with them as well. The hardest part of the job is dealing with patrons' attitudes and complaints. I always handle the complaints in a professional manner though. The best thing about the job is being around positive people. We all have a common goal which is to graduate from college and make a better life for ourselves. Having friendly people around you with common goals always makes a great working environment.
Pros
paid breaks, laid back environment

Arcadia University Reviews by Location