Arcadia University Employee Reviews in United States

Overwatch of campus Commons building
Information Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAMay 5, 2016
I was focused on answering student/visitor questions, employee training, assist in first aid. I would work three hour shifts with one other common information desk attendant. I was available to develop communication skills and build stronger relationships with Arcadia staff.
Lots of potential
Associate Director, Network Services (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAApril 15, 2016
There are great people working there.
The compensation is less than you would find in the business world.
The vision for University and how each employee can contribute to it is lacking.
A lot of great people have left there as a result of poor management.
Healthcare Facility
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAApril 5, 2016
Were able to utilize my skills as a housekeeper in a healthcare setting. Fun, energizing, fast paced, keeping patients and clients happy
Assistant Volleyball Coach (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAApril 4, 2016
Young group. Good culture. Outgoing and fun. Great place to start career. Expanding at a good rate at this time. Daily life is good
Good Workplace Environment
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAMarch 4, 2016
The Arcadia Accounting Department has been a great place to work. I have learned a lot from working here and am happy i was able to get the opportunity. Work consisted mainly of scanning and reconciliations. Would recommend to others.
Work Study
Mac Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAFebruary 28, 2016
I had a work study at Arcadia as a mac lab monitor while a student there. As such, I don't know any information about how their employees are actually treated.
University Job
Business Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAFebruary 20, 2016
Was a college job so I wasn't required to do much. They didn't pay that great (compared to other jobs), but it was still a job. They staff was very nice and I also got weekends off, so that was nice.
Enjoyable
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Good work study job that provided good pay and convenience of being close to where i lived. Good managment and fun atmosphere. Overall would recommend
Intercultural Presenter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2015
Provides good opportunities to develop yourself as a professional.
ELI is in growing stage and is a good place to work.
The most enjoyable part of the work is the possibility to teach international students.
Very intense atmosphere, very vibrant and full of life
Intern (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PASeptember 17, 2015
Everyday I help athletes reach their maximum athletic potential. The co-workers are very amiable and very knowledgeable, but the best part of the day is working with the athletes.
Great group of co workers and employers
I.T. worker (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PennsylvaniaJune 27, 2015
Was always enjoy able to work with the people I worked with. Made it fun and helped in teaching me a lot. Was a great form of experience for my self in the field.
Pros
experience
Cons
minimum wage
It department work study
IT Department, Help Desk Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAJune 20, 2015
This was a work study job. as far as work study jobs working for the It department at Arcadia University was the most interesting position you could have. While your not paid much since it is part of your student aid, it does give you some experience working. In this case it was interesting because you received experience with helping the staff when they had technical issues with their computers as well as with setting up new computers.
Great Place to Work
Media Intern Specialist (Former Employee) –  GlensideJune 11, 2015
During my time at Arcadia, I honed in on my ability to budget my time. I had to produce multiple types of creative content each day depending on the needs of the staff. I learned programs specifically for jobs if I did not know prior to the request of the project. Because I was the only media producer for the department, it made the job difficult, but it was enjoyable due to the fact that it pushed my limits and made me learn more than I did prior to the job.
Pros
Great work environment, staff, and projects
Cons
equipment available
Great International travel program
-regular hours
-relatively free weekends
-meet interesting people
Great University
Learning Resource Network (LRN) Tutor (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Arcadia University is a private university located in Glenside, Pennsylvania, United States that offers students a superlative education in the sciences. Particularly, Arcadia University's Biology and Psychology Departments fosters individuals to seek opportunities in research or clinical work and provides them with the invaluable resources they need to achieve their field of interest.
Pros
great place to gain research experience
Cons
small faculty
Amazing people, non-transparent work culture, pay is below average
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PADecember 15, 2014
• No room for advancement
• Amazing co-workers, very good people
• Non-competitive pay
LOve this school
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PADecember 10, 2014
Worked here part time during school. The instructor was nice. My time there included scheduling students for tutoring sessions and mediation. I worked on the computer creating spreadhseets and inputting students information. I created flyers to post around the school for upcoming study sessins
Great people and great benefits
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PASeptember 7, 2014
There are some wonderful people, competent people there. The students are for the most part, kind, intelligent young people.

The benefits are among the best, campus is beautiful but with limited parking. Easily accessible by public transit, too. Tuition remission and affordable healthcare are easily the biggest perks.

For me, my supervisor was not supportive of a work-life balance which means long hours, no support for getting a degree of your own, and often leaving family to the way side.

Advancement is limited as jobs are very specific in their nature and skills are not always transferable. Many jobs require a degree or higher and if you don't have the time to do your degree there, it will easily throw you out of the running. Someone in Education could not easily transfer to a job in Financial Aid.
Productive and fun workplace.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PASeptember 2, 2014
The people and people in the department are kind and very personable.
Pros
helped me meet my professors and gain work experience.
Cons
low paid work study position.
Graduate Assistant work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAAugust 18, 2014
* Had an amazing boss
* understanding of my needs
* Great hours
* Flexible
Pros
helped provide me the money i needed from my income gap as a student
Cons
was not a permanent position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arcadia University. Our community is ready to answer.