Arcadia

Arcadia Employer Reviews

Working with the elderly
Home Care Aid (Current Employee), SumnerMarch 31, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: pay and hours are not steady
This job is very rewarding but I am ready to move on and do something different.
Home health care
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Modesto, CAMarch 23, 2014
Employer was very helpful in finding the right client for you, so the client and employee were both happy.
productive
Quality Inspection (Former Employee), Livonia, MIMarch 6, 2014
every day was the same. t he co -workers was friendly, the management strong.
My favorite
CNA/Certified Medication Tech (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: n/a
From staff, management, to schedules a real joy and pleasure to work for.
Good Job if you are a student.
Certified Nurse Aid (Current Employee), Okemos, MIOctober 16, 2013
Pros: exrtremely flexible
Cons: part-time work is unsatisfying.
Arcadia is very flexible and willing to mold a unskilled caregiver into a great CNA. The disadvantage is you work for low wages if part time. I recommend students consider this company if they are entering the medical field and unsure of their skills.
I enjoy working for this company
Caregiver/ Home Health Aide (Current Employee), East Lansing, MISeptember 25, 2013
Pros: work with diffrent type of clients
Cons: short work notices
This company is easy to work for. Very organized. I enjoy taking care of people
working non stop
Finish Line (Former Employee), La Palma, CASeptember 9, 2013
Working non stop and no inaction with any other coworkers. Allow one break and constant over time.
Demanding but rewarding
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Ormond Beach, FLJuly 6, 2013
I loved being apart of the Arcadia team! i loved meeting new ppl..
Culture based workplace with strong values
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not guaranteed permanent case loads and pay is relatively low
A typical day as at work consists of traveling to the various assigned locations which often means working in a variety of settings ranging from private homes, assisted living facilities, and nursing homes. What I gained from this position is excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility and adaptability, as well as crisis prevention. Management at Arcadia – more... are very caring, organized, and team-oriented. Communication with management at Arcadia is average. Co-workers are friendly, and reliable, and also demonstrate a passion for human and health services, which illustrates Arcadia's culture that is built upon a genuine desire to help others. Although I do enjoy my job it does have difficult moments, specifically when a client passes away. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is being able to provide client's with an opportunity to maintain as much dignity and independence as possible, and providing empathy and support in areas where this is not plausible. – less
Flexible
Caregiver/ CNA (Former Employee), Sumner, WAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, enjoyed working with seniors
Cons: sometime people do go into nursing homes or assisted living or even die. they pay is not very good
This position was great for someone going to school or needing to be able to work a flexible schedule.
Casual work enviroment, with flexible management.
Payroll & Benefits Representative (Former Employee), Southfield, MIDecember 27, 2012
Originally I was hired to fill in as a temporary employee to process payroll. Within 2 weeks I was hired on as a full-time employee.
I gained a lot of knowledge within the payroll field and benefits administration.
The job ended due to a Company merger.
people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Redding, CAJuly 31, 2012
great people, great company, feveryone is willing to help and they are all peasant to deal with on a daily bases. They really care about their patient.
Flexible Company - willing to meet client needs
Sales Representative & Project Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 5, 2012
Pros: great people
calling on direct and indirect clients
sales drives company sucess
behind in technology
the company works with you and is flexible with your schedule
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 10, 2012
Pros: the flexibility
Cons: having to see people when they are very sick
I like working with people and being able to help people. People are always going to be sick unfourtunately and there will always be people that will need some assistance in things that they do from day to day.
Good for part time work or full time student.
Home Health Aid (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: mileage
There is always work but not always enough hours. They are very flexible but you have to be even more flexible.Biggest complaint that I have is the mileage!
Where i learned my trade
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), ChesterMarch 25, 2014
Extensive training programmes
Constantly learning new ways in retail
Working Environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Newbridge, KEMarch 7, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: weekend work
Every day is new and challenging. I love meeting people and have a good working relationship with my colleagues from Wallis and staff in the host company Debenhams. Something new can be learnt every day. The host company has an excellent personal shopper who is great at her job and is happy to pass on what she knows which enhances my knowledge and helps – more... me to be more effective with my customers. The physicality of the job can be a challenge and the most enjoyable part is when a customer leaves happy with her choices and service given. – less
productive
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Farnborough, ENGFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: long hours
Recently i have been working for a department store called Outfit. I am a sales assistant and a Brand Specialist for Dorothy Perkins. In this job I put out delivery, clean the department, remerchandise, customer service, replenishing, team work and being in charge of the shop floor while supervising others.
Fun and fair workplace.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Glasgow, SCTFebruary 1, 2014
I work specifically for the Burton's brand of Arcadia and find it very enjoyable. I am only on a four hour weekly contract although work over these set hours regularly. While at work I perform a variation of tasks from dealing with difficult customer situations and sorting out deliveries of new stock to the store to more simple tasks such as keeping – more... the standards of the store up to make it look its most professional and presentable to keep the company's reputation as high as it currently is. Through working as a sales assistant i feel i have become more independent as although a large part of the job involves working as part of a team, it has also challenged my ability to work on my own initiative especially over busy periods such as the Christmas rush during the festive season where everyone is too busy to ask for help and you may have to perform tasks of your own accord. I feel management is very reasonable in all of the Arcadia stores as i have also worked for Dorothy Perkins last year before the store closed in Parkhead Forge. I feel the store managers are very reasonable and flexible to meet the needs of the staff. In the store that i work in, all the staff get on very well. In fact, the Burtons store that i work in is in a block with Dorothy Perkins, Wallis, Miss Selfridge, Evans, Topshop and Topman and I can confidently say that all the staff throughout all the stores get on very well and help each other out when necessary, it is a very friendly and comfortable working environment where the managers do not see themselves as "above" the lower ranked staff as i know is the case in other workplaces. The most challenging I have ever found the job was the Christmas period 2013-2014. This is ofcourse because of the fast paced work that has to be done and a lot of working on your own initiative as everyone is busy and customers are often in a rush however i feel it was also due to the fact I had just moved to a larger store at The Glasgow Fort when I previously worked in Parkhead Forge where the store and the workload were much smaller. Overall I greatly enjoy the company and would recommend working there to anyone who is eager to expand their work experience and meet great people. – less
Productive and fun
Housing & Office Manager (Former Employee), GreeceDecember 11, 2013
• Administration support
• Reception – first point of contact to students and members of staff and general reception duties
• IT support
• Ordering office supplies
• Organising or classifying information
• Providing information verbally or in writing
• Organising business trips, educational/ cultural events