ARCADIS Employee Reviews

Friendly environment
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 25, 2017
Oversaw sanitary, storm, and combined sewer inspections (to include emergency repairs) throughout multiple task orders in DC. Located and documented utilities not identified on the Plans prior to mobilization. Maintained Daily Resident Project Representative Reports, documented, and tracked pay items. Ensured compliance with conformed plans and specifications. Tracked and recorded construction progress of multiple contractors. Interacted with and managed relationships with local residents, regulators, and security forces.
Pros
Direct deposit
Cons
Not enough overtime. Low pay.
Unstable business model, poor employee morale
Principal Chemical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 22, 2017
Very large multi-national consulting and engineering company. High stress, low morale, high employee turnover environment. Frequent changes of management, frequent RIFs,
Pros
Flexible work locations, including at home
Cons
High employee turnover, constant reorganization and RIFs 2 to 3 times per year
Fun and easy environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 13, 2017
I loved working here! Everyone was very helpful and easy to get along with. Its a very family oriented company. It was fun to go to work and see my co- workers.
Overall a Great Company
ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER/DATA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 23, 2017
I found my task challenging and rewarding which gave me a sense of being not just a number, but a valued member of the team. I enjoyed working with the diversity of the people employed.
Pros
I looked forward to going to work there each day
Cons
Healthcare
Professional
UXO Tech II (Former Employee) –  Fort Wingate, NMFebruary 20, 2017
Workday is well planned and consistent.
I learned Arcadis treats its employees well and fairly.
Management is experienced and thorough.
Workplace culture is supportive and considerate of employees' needs.
Hardest part of (any UXO) job is that they are temporary and require frequent relocation.
Most enjoyable part of the job is that work is outdoors, physically challenging, and often in unpopulated areas.
Pros
We are well compensated for the work we do.
Cons
Winter work can get pretty uncomfortable.
Large Company, Small Office
Water Resources Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAFebruary 11, 2017
The office I worked in was especially small for such a large firm. While it was nice to work in an office where I knew everybody, this also led to very limited project work coming into the office which took out the thrill of having variety to my position.
it was a great place to work
Civil Designer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL houston txFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working there for 17 years. i have nothing more to say on this firm . indeed requires more text for me to finish this review.
Uxo
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fort Wingate, NMJanuary 1, 2017
UXO disposal is great work. No Complaints.
This portion is unnecessary.
This field does not need to be completed, and should be removed from the resume creation process.
Good place to learn about Engineering and Design with many opportunities.
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2016
A typical day at work could involve either field or office work depending on the nature of an assignment. Engineering storm water plans and asset inventory was the primary focus my role.

The management runs a tight ship, there is not much margin for error given the costs of the projects.

Co-workers span a wide range of personalities and professions. Mostly a diverse and friendly group.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to work independently with the expectation of producing professional results
Pros
diverse opportunities, professional engineering firm, exciting projects
Cons
pay, flexibility, traffic
great place!
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 18, 2016
Was an acquired firm but was a great place to work! Great people and culture with room for advancement.

Wished the company was able to maintain the workforce.
Fun technical work and great employees
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 28, 2016
I love the people I work with. Aggressive billable hours goals can be tough to get used to if you haven't worked as a consultant before.
Trying to climb out of a hole
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 6, 2016
Strong global company with the desire to do great things. First part of the climb was, to pay off all senior staff to leave the company and hire Collage students. Effects, the company lost clients and senior knowledge. Next up was to hold back and stop yearly merit increases... when moral was already low from previous actions, it just dipped lower. Each deparment has their own personnel challenges. No company is going to give their money away, but this one will try to give up as little as possible on it's staff, even if you do more than expected (above and bound).
Pros
Income
Cons
Stressful, high bp
Not Bad, Just Not Great
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COAugust 31, 2016
Flexible work schedule, Great people, but stability and advancement opportunities are poor. For similar role with a competitor, the salary is low as well.
Ok
Environmental Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 1, 2016
Ok, very large company with many offices and international locations. Felt too large and impersonal. Okay place to start career
Poor Management and Morale
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 8, 2016
Poor company to work with. I was with the firm for many, many years and it has gone down hill since the merger with Malcolm Pirnie. The merger was poorly managed, the leadership team let the smaller purchased company come in and change how a well managed company was run and it FAILED. Morale in most offices is very bad, there is no loyalty, management talks of a "transformation plan" that has falsified KPI's. Bonuses have gone down, down, down every year since the merger with Malcolm Pirnie. The hires they make into leadership and business development roles are very poorly vetted, business revenue is not improving year after year. I think this company needs to start from scratch and get back to basics and should start by getting rid of all of the Malcolm Pirnie employees still left in the firm.
Pros
Work life balance, ability to work flex hours. That is about it.
Cons
Too many to name.
Good and bad
Safety Supervisor 2 (Current Employee) –  Ravena, NYJune 26, 2016
The pay and benefits have been great, but the hours are terrible. I have no time for life outside of work. Management seems to want to help you succeed, and will pay for any continued education
Pros
pay and benefits, continued education paid for.
Cons
no life
Don't expect loyalty
Senior Enviromental Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
After 23 years of my service, Arcadis fired me while I was out on disability recovering from my liver transplant. They then started to force out any senior members who had 20+ years of experience. This was a cost saving measure to purge all the high end salaries. Many of the furloughed employees were from the original G & M firm who helped Arcadis grow from 10,000 to over 55,000 people. We in the Southeast provided most of the revenues to finance their expansion. We were rewarded with pink slips. My advice is to join the company for experience and leave for a better job as soon as you can. Loyalty is not a word in the Arcadis vocabulary.
Cons
No loyalty
Get a chance to see the Country
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL (Home Office) 100% travelJune 8, 2016
My overall experience has been good. I like what I do, and where I do it, I love the fact that I serve a purpose to the American public. Management has been very helpful in helping to adjust to the different areas and scope of work. The hardest part about this job is the travel. I loved it at first. Now I just need to be at home more with my family. My co-workers have all on the most part been one of the best parts to my job. Most of them are in the same boat as I. This make relationships easy to relate to.
Pros
Money. Learn new things
Cons
Away from my family
my day changes each day
SR MANAGER, PROGRAM CONTROLS (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2016
great opportunity to learn and for professional development, My co-workers are team spirited and work well together.
I was a contract only, so my short term is not valid
INVOICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJune 1, 2016
The position was not advertised as the actual position required. My expertise was in Project Accounting, not Governmental Contract Accounting.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Limited Training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARCADIS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9