Arcadis Employee Reviews

Early stages of a big organization in the USA
Arcadis Engineer (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 14, 2018
Regional management in the USA Infrastructure still green regarding how to value the employees and the ideas that they have. Also, infrastructure management ideas collide with CEO ideas.
Nice Company to Work For
Financial/Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Nice Company to Work For. Project based, so there was good variety of work. The bad part was that we had to bid on projects. We were loosing bids to the competition and not receiving much support from Management located thousands of miles away. So, that meant there was no work. The great team in which I worked all had to go away at various times.
Decent place to work depending on location
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CADecember 27, 2017
Overall was a good company with good subject matter experts. Good place to learn cutting edge technologies. Office climate varies and can be challenging in some locations but great in others.
Pros
Technical resources
Cons
Local management
Retains bad supervisors
Several Positions (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2017
If it wasn't for a few individuals I would have left a long time ago. Though I progressed almost every year at this company, this was not due to any of my supervisor. Many of my supervisors worked across the country and did not work with me directly. This affected communication, performance reviews, goal setting, appreciating hard work, and several other factors that made achieving success and feeling appreciated difficult. This company seems to retain bad supervisors or system that encourages bad supervisorial performance.
Traveling Required, but Solid Office Environment
AFS Senior Field Technician I (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 14, 2017
Great place to work, but my job required me to travel out of state over 75% of the time. Became too much, would be out of town for 3 weeks a month, come home for one week, and then be sent out of town again for another 3 weeks. Learned a lot, and expanded my understanding of my potential employment aptitude, but traveling that amount became too much.
Work Culture differs by office
Industrial Hygiene Field Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 13, 2017
Managers not familiar with field work practices
Managers set unattainable goals and do not provide an open discussion environment
Managers disregard safety for bottom line
Great Team
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CONovember 6, 2017
The HR Team at Arcadis is fantastic. Everyone is willing to help one another. The culture of the organization is continuing to be addressed and improved.
Pros
Great team, Great experience
Cons
low pay, unfairly treated by other departments.
Great people and work environment, but lots of travel
Geologist II (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 31, 2017
This company is great to work for, and job security is very good. If your willing to put in the work, they will give you more responsibility if you ask for it. Lots of travel for field personnel throughout the year, not much weekend work, but you will find yourself traveling M-F for 2-3 months at a time.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, people
Cons
Lots of travel
Stressful but compensated
Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 21, 2017
High calibur company with complimentary compensation. Can be stressful.good technical resources and project managers. Lots of opportunity with US and international clients.
Pros
Bonus pool, good training
Cons
financially driven firm
Good for entry level
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 17, 2017
Arcadis is a great place to learn to perfect skills you have learned prior to employment. The fieldwork was enjoyable and mostly local. The opportunity for advancement wasn't there.

Want to know more about Arcadis?

Ask a question
Good Job
Construction Technician II (Current Employee) –  Hoosick Falls, NYOctober 9, 2017
Arcadis is a great place to work if you have a degree and can sell yourself to the next position. Lots of group activities and a flexible schedule if needed.
Pros
Awesome job and Projects
Cons
Need to be able to Network
Arcadis
Coordinating Engineer City of Chicago Water Dept. (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
Arcadis is a contractor for City of Chicago Water Department.
Looking to apply directly to City of Chicago. The contract was only for 3 years. I am looking for a long term career.
Upper management requested I attend specific meetings. Immediate management steered me away from meetings.
Traffic Signal Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 19, 2017
Immediate management routinely blew a smoke-screen over higher management.
Management did not expand on technology that they assigned us to maintain.
Poor management.
Great breakroom (coffee/tea)
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Not well informed.
Working at a client's site
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  North EastSeptember 13, 2017
Assigned to a project at a client's site. I was isolated from the rest of the company and had to mingle into client's company culture. Little interaction with colleagues and Arcadis.
Pros
Excellent vacation benefits, unparalleled in USA
Cons
No job security, if not billable they lay you off immediately
Overall great company to work for
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 5, 2017
Great company with all general benefits. Option to work remotely. A little slow on adapting new office technology. Great people to work with. Would work there again.
Pros
Free bagel Fridays
Cons
Slow on adapting new office technology
Great place
Credit and Collections Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COAugust 28, 2017
Good opportunity to work for a global company. Good management overall. Benefits and work flexibility are incredible. Much better than other companies out there.
You have to be progressive to do what you want to do
Environmental Engineer 1 (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 20, 2017
I love the company and the flexibility of the offiices, My only issue is that its not very conducive to the employees goals, I feel like Ive been sucked in to two different paths that I never wanted to take and I have to fight my way to what I want to do with my career. They really just use you for what they need and dont really care about where you want to go.
Associate Project Manager/Owner's Representative (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 18, 2017
No comment on this position. There was no work balance. Pay was adequate. Benefits were very good. Little to no "management". A typical day at work felt like there was always too much additional work to do.
a snakepit of a workplace
Feild Technician (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 14, 2017
incompepetent, inept unqualified management. Agist bigotry drives decision making, favoritism, lots of hidden agendas and petty backstabbing. a lot of put up and shut up and very little teamwork. supervisor is a bully at best with very little people skills or communication skills.
Pros
they talk a good game up front
Cons
a snakepit of a workplace
Excellent environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 21, 2017
Wonderfull place to work, great team, great projects. Most jobs within the company require travel, so keep that in mind. I only interned for the company so my review may not be as valid as others who work full time.